[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squatting pains?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hip-pain-hip-flexor.jpg (20KB, 250x270px) Image search: [Google]
hip-pain-hip-flexor.jpg
20KB, 250x270px
So I've been maxing out quite a bit lately, and my hip flexors are now very sore when I try to squat. I can't get a proper stretch on the problem area, however I can definitely feel a significant amount of pain (especially on the right side) when squatting. I did hypertrophy work for a couple days, went to max out again, and same issues all around. I feel like it might be a strain.

Should I still be squatting, or should I just take a week off squats and focus on leg extensions or something? I don't want to lose any gains, but the biggest gains goblin is injury, so it's hard to gauge.

Ibuprofen does very little to solve this.
>>
Foam roll it.
>>
>>42579530
anonkun, thats your groin and/or hip aductors... You're probably using a stance that is too wide or too narrow. Too wide being the more likely of the two.
>>
>>42579530
When was your last rest week?
>>
>>42579530
I used to have the same problems when my stance was too wide
>>
Okay first of all stop squating for the time being.

You need to strech properly.It is not just your hip flexors that are tight ,there is good chance that your hamstrings,fascia and basically everything attached to your hip is too tight to function properly.

If you try to bull trough this shit your body will try and compenaate and adapt and that is a one way ticket to snap city.

My advice is to find a good phisiotherapist to examine you and then either let him help you or helpyourself with a commited streching regiment.
Foam roller and patiwnce are your friend.
If you cant even begin to strech an area that is a good indication that everything else is problematically tight.
That area of the body is unfortunetly like one big domino effect and the longer you take to fix it the worse will it will be.

Please do not listen to people who telll you to ignore it
>>
>>42579548
I spent 2 months working on proper form with a former olympic powerlifter, I really want to believe my form isn't shit again
>>42579552
~6 weeks ago
>>42579571
>If you cant even begin to strech an area that is a good indication that everything else is problematically tight.
I just don't know how to stretch that specific muscle group, I've tried almost every position my leg is capable of and that specific muscle group just isn't getting hit when I stretch. If you have solutions to this, please tell me.
>>
File: _SX279_SY420_.jpg (23KB, 279x420px) Image search: [Google]
_SX279_SY420_.jpg
23KB, 279x420px
Used to get them, ignore the retards in here.

Fixed it with squatting more, and stretching. A run or quick cycle ride before squats will also help.
>>
>>42579530
do stretches that focus on illiopsoas region like kneeling lunge, butterfly, etc. and hold them for over 1 minute if you can. obviously don't stretch too much if it hurts but it shouldn't be comfortable. do those stretches 2-3x per day and in about a week or two you should see a big improvement.

also roll out your glutes. this is the best and most effective thing you will ever do for your squat, i promise you that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJouLe9zdc
>>
Probably just need to rest it, likely for several weeks if you let it get bad
>>
>>42579587

Anon, powerlifting isn't in the Olympics.
>>
>>42579587
have you tried the butterfly stretch? google it
>>
situps
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.