[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ROW/ing GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: gib.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
gib.png
45KB, 778x512px
Remember to row on same volume you bench press

NOT ROWING IS FOR FAGS (NOT COOL)
>>
I cant row. What i do to rowing right?
>>
ROW ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT
>>
>>42574610
do i need to make contact (through either momentum or strict control) with my chest to get benefits or is simply clenching the back muscles at the top of the movement (roughly 4 inches) away from my chest good enough? some days i can make the contact but some days i do not, but it stills feel worthwhile without contact.
>>
>>42574993
You need to make contact. Drop the weight until you find you full ROM 5rep max.
>>
>>42574610
>row on same volume you bench press
>same volume

hope you're doing several types of rows so that overall you're doing much more volume for back than you do for chest

if you don't do as much back work as you do chest and shoulders you're going to get rolled shoulders and serious imbalances
>>
File: Screenshot_20170820-230222.jpg (671KB, 1440x693px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170820-230222.jpg
671KB, 1440x693px
I placed in the all Ireland this weekend. Does that count?
>>
i can only row 50lbs
should i only bench 50lbs
>>
>>42575418
wtf no you can definitely row more than that
>>
>>42575418
I really hope that's with a dumbbell
>>
>>42574610
Why is my ROM when barbell rowing like 4 inches?? Are my arms too short or what?
I can row 1.5plates for 5, but the rom is so short that it feels like a complete useless lift for me.
>>
>>42574610
>rowing
Never saw the need, everything they do can be done better by something else
>>
>>42575523
Lift the weight from the ground like a pendlay row. This will fix your shitty form. You don't bend over enough.
>>
>>42575523
Have you tried Pendlay rows? Row from the floor to your lower chest, back parallel to the floor at a 90 degree angle. Very solid lift. Less stressful on the lower back, lets you move more weight. 1.5pl8 is a weak row.
>>
>>42575658
You can row less with pendlay rows then with "normal" rows from my experience. Since you have more rom and you tend to cheat on normal rows because you have a way stricter form with pendlays.
But otherwise i agree.
>>
>>42574802
Focus on pulling with your ring finger and keep your elbows tucked
>>
File: Thinking4.png (10KB, 381x396px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking4.png
10KB, 381x396px
could my bench be stuck because I'm not rowing enough?
>>
>>42575763
yes. a big back helps with the bench a lot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.