[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you resist the urge to quit when you start stalling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Barbells.jpg (100KB, 820x524px) Image search: [Google]
Barbells.jpg
100KB, 820x524px
How do you resist the urge to quit when you start stalling?
>>
if you quit you get weaker
>>
Switch to a higher volume range...

Your lifts should be periodized so you never have a true stall..
>>
>>42571845
I'm not some pussy that quits when things become difficult.
>>
>>42571845
I quit tbf. I do body weight stuff now. Saved money, can work out at home, still get a great body, not a slave to pushing a piece of metal around, building functional muscle (kek). Win win.

You can't carry on going to the gym all your life, eventually your job, your marriage, your kid will take over. The time it would take me driving to the gym I now use that to complete a workout at home.
>>
>>42571845
If you are a recreational lifter that wants to just look good and stuff, change the exercise.
change from barbell to dumbbells and its a whole new world of weights and progressing.
>>
What urge?
>>
>>42571908
Begone normie
>>
I add the following workouts to my routine

Don'tbeapussyxfail
Growtesticlesx2
>>
>>42571845
by breaking the stall
>>
>>42572270
fpbp
>>
By never stalling
>>
>i wanna increase weight but so far nothing
>better just drop it and lose all that progress so i can stall with half the weight next time
>>
>>42571845
Fimd ways to not stall. Even if I stall on one lift, I can take the opportunity to attempt new volume PRs, variant PRs, etc.
Also try harder eat more and go to bed earlier to sleep longer
>>
If I stall I keep the weight the same and continue the remaining reps then rest.
>>
>>42571845
Because outside of being actually advanced tier which you aren't or you are legit fatigued you will make progress on at least one of the lifts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.