[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nutrition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1868.jpg (50KB, 640x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1868.jpg
50KB, 640x735px
Is all fast food inherently bad for you? I ordered 2-3 of these after lifting. Grilled chicken sandwich from BK.
Possibly stupid question
>>
>>42571570
Me personally I get the double quarter pounder from McD. But it's not crazy bad bc it's still just grilled chicken not like the other super shit there.
>>
File: IMG_1870.jpg (99KB, 591x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1870.jpg
99KB, 591x812px
Also this is the nutrition value of 4 bean burritos from Taco Bell.
Sodium isn't that much to worry about right? Is this crazy? Are these cheat meals?
>>
>>42571598
That's kind of a lot of fat for just 800 calories. All depends on your goals I guess. I'm no expert
>>
>>42571570
Yes. Mostly because it's often poor quality cheap meat loaded with tons of preservatives and flavor adding chemicals.

If you're just looking at price, it's a lot cheaper to eat good fresh food.

You spent $8 to get 74g of protein and it's 940kcal

To replace that 74g of protein, you could have eaten 11oz of chicken with only 340 calories and it would have cost you $2.
>>
>>42571815
Well BK claims no perservatives and additives but that's only to the whopper. I only get the grilled chicken sandwich. Could be the same, but they don't advertise it the same as their most famous burger.

Also the bean burrito has no meat.

I'm not trying to rationalize it because I'm in denial, genuinely want to know if I'm actually eating junk. Because those are the only two items of fast food that I get and only eat on the weekends.
>>
>>42571815
Forgot to add that I eat clean on the weekdays, but due to psychological reasons cheat meals are kind of necessary to stay on track. I'm not sure if those specific fast food items are even cheat meals because of their nutrition not being bad. And if that's the case then I'm eating tasty good fast food without cheating. Which is awesome
>>
>>42571570
Fast food isn't bad because it's fast food, it's bad because it's calorically dense, nutritionally barren in regards to useful macros like protein, and is usually exceedingly high in sodium.
>>
>>42571570
>19g of fat
>ate three of them

I hope you know you're bulking.
>>
>>42571570
>Is all fast food inherently bad for you?

All food has some nutritional value.
>>
>>42572391
I know, but what I am wondering is that the ones that I posted exceptions or not. The burger has less than 500 cals and 37g of protein isn't low. The sodium is kind of high but I'm young and drink almost exclusively water so I can handle that.
>>
>>42572199
>Well BK claims no perservatives and additives
Sodium (salt) is a preservative. It's fine in normal amounts, but fast food is super high in it
>>
>>42572418
57g of fat for 3 and for a almost a days worth isn't a lot... quite normal. And low sugar
>>
>>42572556
Didn't know that. But if that's the only bad thing about it's actually not that bad. I'm young and drink almost exclusively water.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.