[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 40

File: 1428462086252[1].jpg (533KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1428462086252[1].jpg
533KB, 880x880px
> Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread: created by a DYEL edition

I'll start: when bulking, are you supposed to eat less on resting days? I'm currently eating at a 500 calorie surplus every day.
>>
>>42569002
Yes, your tdee will go down if you aren't burning calories training.
>>
>>42569002
No...TDEE is calculated as an average.
>>
>>42569042
>>42569059

lel
>>
>>42569002

Is it possible to actually make no gains at all? If Im lifting and eating semi ok, is there a risk that I will just stay still?
>>
>>42569042
>>42569059

Fuck's sake. How about an actual answer.
>>
How long do I do 5x5 SL for?
>>
>>42569131
You can manipulate your calorie surplus however you want, but TDEE is a daily average based on estimated activity levels for the week, which is immediately obvious if you've ever used a TDEE calculator.

So if we assume a 500 calorie daily surplus, that comes out to a 3500 calorie surplus every week. A pound of fat is 3500 calories, so that surplus will roughly equate to the commonly prescribed "1 pound of weight gain per week" for a standard bulk.

If you really want to, you can eat a 1166.6 calorie surplus on your 3 lifting days and get roughly the same results. Or you can just eat a 500 calorie surplus every day.

It can sometimes be appropriate to eat extra on one day if you exercise beyond something you would typically do, like if you randomly decide to go on a 6 mile hike or something.
>>
Substitutes for peanut butter in proton shake?

My shake is:
2 cups milk
2 scoops
1/2 cup oats
Banana
2 tablespoons peanut butter

1000 calories 80 grams of protein but peanut butter gives me nasty greasy shits. Has anyone tried avacado in their shakes? Maybe I can just use ice cream? I googled peanut butter substitutes but the results were all different kinds of nut butters and I'm not sure how they will affect my b-hole.
>>
Reposting from last thread

I don't have access to a gym until just over a month from now but have been cutting at 2100kcal for the past couple of months now.
I'm not sure how my absence from the gym is supposed to factor into this; I obviously don't want to be in a situation where I relapse on my cut and get fat/lose excess amounts of muscle

I'm 5'10 at 178lbs, should I be scaling back my calorie intake for this month/still keeping 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight/ etc?
>>
>>42569192
You should recalculate your TDEE based on sedentary activity levels assuming you aren't replacing your gym exercise with some form of cardio.
>>
Im going cutting
Planning on doing just the main ligt in 5/3/1 and then 45 min of cardio so 4/week
Am i getting enough volume to retain muscle ?
>>
how long before I crap out like, 20,000 calories of food
>>
File: IMG_2128.jpg (50KB, 451x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2128.jpg
50KB, 451x800px
Is it possible to maintain my strength with just body weight stuff? I'm going on vacation for 20 days, and won't have access to a gym for that period. Eating enough won't be a problem, but I'm worried that my strength will go down, especially in my legs.
>>
>>42569651
no it's not, but your strength will return quickly if you resume training as soon as you're back. i would recommend bodyweight while you're away though, just to keep active. I was just away for 2 months, lost a bit of strength but have recently got it back up within 1 month
>>
>>42569651
You can actually get some leg hypertrophy by doing sprints,
I'm in the same position as you, I do upper/lower/rest
On my upper days I do a lot of pull ups (100+) which involves variations and such, and also a lot of push ups (120+) including variations (stance width, etc)
On lower days, I do 8-10 rounds of sprints of like 35-50 secs and 1 min rest.
On rest days, I train abs.
>>
What upper body exercises can I do with a bad wrist?

I had scaphoid surgery. It didn't work. How can I make sure I get arthritis in 10 years rather than 5?
>>
>>42569002

Is it ok to workout multiple muscle groups a day? I want to lose fat, I tried the SS program for 6 months last year (didn't lose much weight since I was eating a lot), but it was very enjoyable plus I became a little stronger which was also nice. Now I'm thinking of doing the SS with some other barbell excercises as well to fill the rest days, basically I will only be resting on sunday. Oh, I should also mention that I've already been training for 3-4 months but I honestly do not like my current program, it doesn't feel like I'm getting as much excercise as I want. Anyway, is doing SS + 4-5 other barbell excercises on rest days too much?
>>
>>42569766
yes
>>
>>42569237
no
>>
>>42569170
what about olive oil? it's still one of the best fat sources
>>
>>42569159
https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
read this
>>
>>42569099
yes
>>
>>42569170
Eat more fiber and keep the pb.
>>
which TDEE foruma is the most accurate?
>>
>>42569946
http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
>>
>>42569946
the one that allows you the most calories
>>
>>42569915
>>42569931
Thanks guys. I'll try olive oil while I find a way to include more fiber in my diet.
>>
I need help guys.

Every workout day I can't sleep at night.
I workout in the morning about an hour after waking up and I never have caffeine past 10am.
I don't use electronic for at least an hour and a half before sleep and if I do they got a blue light filter.
I've been lifting for almost a year and there's been no improvement.

Anyone had this problem and managed to get rid of it?
>>
I can't train for three days, will my beginner gains fade? Im doing SS for a month and I'm looking really athletic/muscular already and made huge progress. I don't wanna loose any of that. I'm reading ripptoes book for three days thought...
>>
Is metallicadpa ppl routine good for a dyel?
>>
>>42570157
only recently I was able to get better sleep. make sure you are getting enough vegies, stretching your traps and chest to open your airways for the best sleeping posture.

if you are waking up tight and unrested in the morning then your muscles worked hard to sleep in that position so it could also be your bed.

also try having apple cider vinegar (alkaline diet) with your last meal and cutting out all sugar/grains. I don't care if its a fad or a placebo but something in there worked for me.
>>
Is the fish oil part in the sticky a meme ? What are the benefits ?
>>
>>42570255
Check Lyle McDonald opinion on fish him and couple of handful nutritionists are probably most legit out there.
If you're not buying what he's selling don't go for it.
>>
I have a fracture in the right hand poking finger. What can I train while it is healing?
>>
>>42570283
>>42570283
Whatever that doesn't interfere with it? Go to the gym and do compound lifts with just the bar and see what you can do.
>>
>>42570313
Okay. To specify more. I can't use my right hand for a month.
>>
>>42570323
Have you never lifted before? Okay go try to squat probably learn low bar rippletits squat since his grip position has no pressure on them.
Bench is probably a nono but again try with bar, same for ohp.
Deadlift is probably a waste of time to try since almost all grips will use hands.
>>
>>42570220
I do wake up unrested and sore majority of the time.
I happen to have some apple cider vinegar so I'll give it a try.

Thanks.
>>
I'm a beginner that struggles to keep equilibrium during bench press, even with low weight that I can easily handle. Am I just too weak ?
>>
>>42569002
Does DUP work only for diversifying one specific set of excercises (and variations of them) i.e. A1xA2xA3xx workouts? Or will scheme like A1xB1xA2xxB2xA3xB3xx work as well?
>>
>>42570346
Problem is that I can't wrap my finger around or even pushing a bar beacause my finger is broken in the middle of the hand if that makes sense
>>
>>42569002
NO.
>The first question is whether the surplus should be eaten every day or only on workout days. So let’s say our intermediate guy is training 4 days/week. Should he eat 120 calories per day extra or 240 extra on training days (and maintenance on the other days)? While you could probably argue this both ways, the time course of protein synthesis, going up after several hours and then peaking at 24 hours (this is often less at the advanced stages) would suggest that keeping calories above maintenance on both days would be the overall better choice.

But I don't recommend 500 calories of surplus, go with 300; unless you are gaining weight at the ideal rate.
>>
Is going from 12.5" to 14" arms good for the first 2 months of training? (no pump, no fat)
>>
File: DSC_2430.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2430.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
I squatted lmao 1pl8, but my form suffered. I know shitty form is the best way to get injured.

I'm new, obviously. What's the best way to build up to it properly, so that even if it is difficult I can handle it enough to keep my form?
>>
>>42570455
what weight did you use before 1pl8?
(the anterior workout, not the same day)
>>
My gym is already closed so I'll have to improvise. I want to work my back and biceps with the equipment I have but I also want to go for a nice little 6-8km run.

Now my question is: should I do weights first and cardio second, or the other way around?
>>
Maybe. Before you add any weight, try doing some practice reps first with only the bar. Go slowly and focus on the form.
>>
Sometimes my gym buddy can't make it to the gym. Instead of doing bench press could I use the cable machine instead?
>>
>>42569002
Does anyone have 5/3/1 forever and can share the Krypteia program?
I can piece it together somewhat from different sources online, but there's still some confusion...
I'm going to buy it when the ebook releases, 40$ + international shipping for the physical book is too much for me.
I'm just about to start a new program, I really like 531, and I could very well just follow the information from 531 2nd ed. and Beyond, but knowing that there's an improved version of the principles, I'd prefer to know the latest and greatest...
>>
>>42570480
Cardio before lifting should only be used as a warm up, if not, you'll go exhausted into the weight room. Obviously, this applies if your priority is weight lifting instead of running.
So, I say you should do it after.
Or maybe you can divide your running session in two parts, less than 50% before weightlifting, and the rest after.
>>
>>42570476
Starting from the bar, I added 2.5kg every workout up to 10kg on each side, then I got cocky and jumped 5kg to get to 15kg, and when that worked ok I did it again for the pl8.
I think I just bumped it up too fast.
>>
>military press 135
>bench 145
How do I improve bench
>>
>>42569766
If you don't want SS, why not do other program that already has more exercise variety, maybe an Upper Lower routine, (4 days a week), or just another full body routine (3 times a week)?

I think that would be better than modify an existing routine.
>>42569237
To retain muscle you Need to keep intensity (weight on the bar) but you can cut volume a lot, even in half. If you don't feel good about cutting that much volume, do it by 1/3. Remember that eating enough protein is crucial.
>>42569946
http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Katch-McArdle if you have body fat.
>>42570173
No. That's absurd. I think you can even rest for 2 weeks and you will still keep your muscles.
>>42570255
It's not. Take them.
>>
File: If you can dream it.jpg (21KB, 400x288px) Image search: [Google]
If you can dream it.jpg
21KB, 400x288px
Left pec is more active when I bench press. Please help lads, this is driving me insane.
>>
>>42570526
I attribute equal importance to weightlifting and running, but my goal right now is to get a little bit more shredded
>>
>>42570554
Yes. You added too fast. Lower the weight and try again.
>>
>>42570554
Take a look at some machines -- leg press, hack squat, whatever -- to get more strength
>>
>>42569002
Any recommended plant-based proteins? From prozis or whatever website based in europe/ships from europe

asking since i need something easier on the stomach, got some samples from regular whey(from xcore hydro isolate, cookies & cream and that shit had actual cookie pieces and a 7/10 taste) and tried it and gave me gas and stomach rumbling and all that shit when you feel like you have diahrrea

MyVegies
100% Vegetable Protein New Formula

Weider
Vegan Protein

Scitec
Pure Form Vegan Protein
>>
>>42570720
Myprotein vegan blend, bretty good.
>>
>>42569002

/fit/, help.

My lower back starts hurting like CRAZY when I stand and bend slightly, say when I'm doing the dishes or chopping vegetables. What the hell is this? Is this cause of my slight scoliosis? What do I do? Should I do Starting Stretch / yoga?
>>
>>42570763
Ive been using myprotein impact whey for a while and noticed all the flavours suck, like really bad. Ordered a bunch of samples and they all tasted the same and bad so I bet the plant ones are even worse
Meanwhile, had some protein hydro isolate from xcore and it was so good, even had pieces of cookies in it and tasted great but my stomach didnt enjoy it too much
>>
Is it alright if my macros usually go over for the fats and don't really hit my carbs? Bulking. My calories and protein are fine, it's just that those two I can't balance.

>>42570772
Curious about this too.
>>
Hi, anons. A newbie here. I am now starting to lift weights and after a looong break. Before I went to gym like 5 years ago. After reading the sticky, I decided to go with starting strength but it seems to be a rather empty and fast work out. When I was working out before I did it with a trainer and the program included the same stuff but also other exercises. So I did bench pushes, dead lift, squats, etc. but I also did a lot of stuff for biceps, triceps, abs, spine. Also, I did less sets but more repetitions. That program worked well for me.
So, is there any more complex workouts or should I just go with SS?
Thanks for your help.
>>
Why I'm not losing weight anymore with a low calorie diet? Stuck at 175 pounds since 3 weeks ago. Before that I was losing 2 pounds per week only with the diet.
>>
>>42571319
This is where you go lower
>>
Is using hook grip on deadlifts the same as using straps? I don't feel like there is grip strength involved with the hook grip because I just trap my thumb between my fingers and the bar
>>
>>42571370
lower calorie intake? I'm just barely eating a compote at breakfast and corn flakes at lunch.
>>
>>42571465
It doesn't matter, if you're not losing weight you need to go lower.
>>
Does anybody incorporate swimming into their routines? During my cut, would swimming once or twice a week (I'm addition to normal routine) help maintain all round muscle mass and cardio? Seems like an easy way to activate all your muscles but what do I know...
>>
>>42571319
I'm assuming you're in the 5'10"-6' range.

I've had this issue too, eating at a larger than normal deficit and seeing a long plateau. I would say give it a month before trying anything, but once that happens go ahead and start increasing calories 100-150 per week until you start gaining 1lb per week.

It's total broscience the way I'm describing it, but I've seen studies where simply there's not enough muscle to justify rapid fat loss, plus if you've never been that thin before your body tends to put a brake on the rapid loss. Again, this is total broscience the way I'm putting it.

I've found that slowly increasing cals until you start bulking, and then going on a smaller deficit (400-500 cal) from that point kinda "resets" the plateau. The only reason I even type this out is because I've asked this exact question before and just got "you're doing it wrong" as an answer.

>>42571583
Swimming is more cardio than light lifting. You should lift to maintain mass.
>>
>>42571583
it is good, but it has some risks, like ears and skin problems, in women, vagoo problems. the water of the pools is dirty af.
>>
>>42571640
wait, so the broscience says i need to gain a little weight to reset the 2 pounds per week diet? why is the humban body so stubborn?
>>
>>42569766
>SS + 4-5 other barbell excercises on rest days too much?
yes. rest days are for rest. adding accessories after your main lifts is fine as long as you aren't overdoing it, but don't lift on rest days. if 3x a week isn't enough then switch to a split. remember you don't get strong from lifting, you get strong from recovering from lifting
>>
It's rest day
I want to lift
What should I do
>>
did SL for 7 months making pretty good progress, but that has now halted completely and rather than eating more and getting stronger i'd prefer to cut first. (220 lbs at 6'2)

because of that i'm looking at switching up my program. i work out at home, got a bench (flat/incline), can squat and have a barbell with a good amount of weight plus some dumbells. most routines i've looked at have a fair bit of machine stuff and pullups of some sort which i can't do here. i can work out basically every day

pls respond
>>
>>42570772
>>42570772
McKenzie exercises
Becoming a supple leopard and or Deskbound
Read SS
Etc
>>
>>42571853
Lift with your mind
>>
>>42569737
Not upper body exercises, but have you looked into wrist stretching/strengthening at all? /bwg/ normally has a link to some pretty extensive routines that helped me out a lot with my wrist problems.
>>
Is switching to SS 3 after 3 months of SL a bad idea?
>>
>>42571904
I.e. I will learn to make ""music""
Thanks
>>
Are 4 day upper/lower splits well balanced? I'm not one to skip leg day and always work my legs hard but some people say say 4 day upper/lower splits work the legs out too much and don't focus enough on the upper. Is that just broscience?
>>
>>42571890
Thanks, will check 'em out
>>
File: Novice Bodybuilding Program.png (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Novice Bodybuilding Program.png
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>42571131
If you don't like it, you could go with the beginner routine laid out by Lyle Mcdonald:

Basic Barbell Routine:

Squats 3X10-12
Overhead Press 3X8-10
Deadlift/Shrugs* 3X8-10
Chin-ups, Pulldowns or Rowing 3X8-10
Dips, Barbell Bench or DB Bench 2X8-10
Crunches 2X8-10

For complete info about it, read this:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/beginning-weight-training-part-4.html

Or if you want a Upper/lower split, use the one I'm doing right now in the Pic, it's by Eric Helms.
If you want to learn a lot about training, buy his book (it's $39) "The muscle and strength training pyramid".
>>
I'm following pic related. How do I change it to hypertrophy my upper body ( especially chest ).
>>
wasn't home for two days and skipped creatine. should i take 3 times the normal ''dose'' so i don't unload?
>>
>>42569002
Anons, i just got back into lifting and was benching, i was getting gassed out really fast.
>How do you keep yourself from being tired to quickly? Pre Workout?

>When i was doing military press one arm gave out. I was only doing 20s and it didnt feel too heavy it just felt like it gave out. It was weird because the only exercises i had done before that was overhead DB Extension. What do? Just less weight and more reps?
>>
How important is nutrition to maintaining a solid physique? How much protein do I need for example? Also, how much excersie is required to maintain what you've built? Can simple body weight and light excersie keep it?
>>
>>42572550
Read the fucking sticky.

Can scoliosis be improved with exercises?
>>
File: sad.jpg (80KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
80KB, 640x1136px
so I used to do stronglifts but kinda turned into a dinosaur. I renewed my gym membership and am going for the first time in almost a year, should I go back to stronglifts or try another program? been pretty lazy lately so kinda a fatass. pic related
>>
>>42572309
add a chest isolation exercise, maybe some flies, for 3x12 or 3x15
>>
>>42572652
It really depends in what you like: there are several starting programs: SS, SL, Barbell basic routine by Mcdonald, Upper/Lower by Helms.
Obviously, as you were a lot of time without training, you need to do a beginner routine again. This time you'll probably progress faster though.
>>42572550
Just as important as following a good routine. Or even more.
>>
175lb at 6'2.
Will I ever make it? Been cutting from 275lb. Still have fat around neck and hips. Highest I could squat was 235lb before injuries.
>>
File: 1502476251054.jpg (68KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1502476251054.jpg
68KB, 665x574px
New to this, wanting to cut so I can lose my junk in the trunk but don't want to pass off on doing deadlifts and squats. Would gaining muscle and cutting reasonable method to get them to how low I want them?
>>
File: 1501094532321.jpg (166KB, 960x822px) Image search: [Google]
1501094532321.jpg
166KB, 960x822px
Anyone have any links or descriptions about muscle memory?

I lifted for a year and then stopped for a year. I'm 2 months back into it and I've made much faster progress than before, though this time around I'm not at a power lifting gym and no one has any idea what they are doing at a university gym. How long does it normally take to get back to old numbers after a long layoff? I feel like training is harder during the actual actions this time around but progress is much faster. I'm a little more worried about injury. Should I do some high rep sets for a week to get back the cardio conditioning and just reinforce the neurological memory of the lifting movements?

If I'm doing X weight for 3x5, what would I drop the weight to for 3x10?
>>
File: 1438823121140.jpg (1MB, 1796x2181px) Image search: [Google]
1438823121140.jpg
1MB, 1796x2181px
Are hang cleans/hang snatch/etc. worth doing from a purely aesthetic standpoint?
>>
>>42573224
No they're a part of an Oly lift. If you have fun with them sure go fucking crazy and try to find a place in your program for them but they're a waste unless you do Oly.
>>
File: 1502173418065.png (229KB, 734x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1502173418065.png
229KB, 734x1110px
Everyday for my postworkout meal I eat 4 eggs, is eating that many everyday ok?
>>
>>42573141
Depends on what you were doing pre hiatus, if I were you I would just do 3x5 if you are going up in weight.
>>
>>42573284
Yes. If they fit your macros go for it, don't fall for the vegan shills on here.
>>
File: IMG_0799.jpg (117KB, 750x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0799.jpg
117KB, 750x1003px
do I have a barrel chest?
>>
>>42573278
Are Oly lifts in general suboptimal for aesthetics?
>>
Every day, every time, people do half and quarter squats. Do I stop them?
>>
>>42572972
hey I'm >>42573315
6'2", 240 -> 171
Use me for comparison, I'd say we're similar enough from your description.
>>
Do I have to worry about hitting my calories once I hit my macros? I don't want to force feed myself.
>>
>>42573315
>>42573315
Pretty sure you need a forward view to be able to tell, anyway nothing wrong with it, makes you a benching machine especially if you have T-rex arms.
t.5'7 manlet with trex arms and barrel chest almost at 3pl8 bench in 2.5 years.
>>42573323
Depends on your idea of aesthetics, however all the oly guys I lifted with that lift decent numbers have really nice shoulders arms back etc... just due to lack of bench their chest is slightly underdeveloped so think more of a Sandow physique which is still pretty good imo.

Just don't fall into the technique trap that a lot of western oly guys fall into and never go past DYEL mode.

>>42573334
Not your job unless you own the gym or work there. Let them do what they want idiots will be idiots.
>>
>>42573353
Yes? You're cutting, you eat less. Bulking, eat more.
>>
>>42573353
Hitting your macros should be hitting your calories by default. The main indicative is the scale though, depending on your goals loss, gain or maintenance.
>>
>>42573387

Well I mean I'm cutting so I don't know if it's possible to eat TOO little.
>>
How long does it take to increase the size of your arms?

My chest is ok but my arms look like twigs.
>>
How do I deadlift?

Do I PULL the bar up with my hands and my hips follow, or do I PUSH into my heels and raise my whole body ?
>>
>>42573414
Depends on weight, genetics and focus e.g I fell for the powerlifting meme and only do bench, OHP + chins for arms and have 16 inchers at 81 kg bw meanwhile bber friend has almost 17 inchers because he does loadsa curl variations in addition to chins bench etc..
>>
>>42573403
It is. You don't wanna go way below your TDEE.
>>
>>42573435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGZrATR1O4E
>>
>>42573435

push
>>
>>42573435
Push with your heels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sd1AZZ77aw&t=12s
>>
>>42573291
I was doing 5x5, but I think that was the reason it took so long because I'd fail because I'd run out of gas so quickly the 5th set would seem impossible without a 10 minute break, which is stupid.
>>
>>42569002
So i have been reading up on programs and im mostly interested in doing a 3 Day PPL Split due to the time i can go to the gym at.

Now, most of the exercises say about 3 lifts for one day, EG on push day it is Bench, Dumbbell Shoulder Press and Dips. Should i not be adding anything to that?? Most of the places recommend 3x8 for each. It seems like a very small work out. Should i not be adding accessory exercises like flys, lateral raises ect? I am pretty lost here guys.
>>
>>42573477
>>42573472
>>42573470

That's why my back was hurting. Thanks doods.
>>
So yesterday when I was working my chest and back, I noticed that I was having trouble getting into proper form on cable crossovers. My left bicep was having a slight pain right by the elbow, and I had to throw my shoulder into my left side before I walked forward. After that, I started on some lat pulldowns and I noticed that I had some mild bruising in the elbow crease and I immediately stopped my workout. It doesn't hurt at all currently, the bruising has started to go away, and I can flex my left bicep with no problem today. Should I skip working out my arms tomorrow or just go for it?
>>
>>42573458

How low is way below?
>>
>>42573479
Why is a 10 minute break stupid? If the weight warrants it go for it e.g I would never be able to finish 165kg 5x5 squats on Monday if I didn't take 10 min rests.

Anyway I meant what numbers you were doing, but either way if the numbers are advancing just climb up little by little if e.g your last 5x5 was 140kg i'd start with 5x3 70kg and every session add 5kg till maybe 110-120 then I would start adding 2.5kgs till back at your normal weight then do 5x5
>>
>>42573435
Do not engage your arms or you will eventually snap your biceps up.
>>
>>42573532
Depends on how long you've been lifting for if noob and unable to judge from warm up then stay put if guy with a couple of years then go and see how the weight feels and if any discomfort just stop.
>>
>>42573586
5 and a half months. I guess I'll just do legs on Tuesday then. Thanks anon.
>>
>>42573537
Depends on your weight, TDEE, strength levels, weight dropping from the scales, a lot of variables before we can make judgement here.

But if you were lets say a 5'10 250lbs at 30-35% bfat then you have more leeway to lose 2-3 lbs per week if light then less weight.
>>
>>42573537
1000 calories below your TDEE, I guess. I don't really know, it should probably be about 500 calories below, or maybe 20-25% of your TDEE if it's high enough. If you wanna lose weight faster you could always go with that or more, but it's probably better to just do cardio or something instead if you wanna lose weight faster.
>>
File: rps20170820_141905.jpg (250KB, 596x1280px) Image search: [Google]
rps20170820_141905.jpg
250KB, 596x1280px
What the fuck do I do now?
5'11 166
I know I should probably cut (I've been bulking for 4 months - started at 145 lbs) but I would like to weight more and I really enjoy the strength gains
Should I keep on bulking (and if so, for how long) or just cut now?
>>
>>42573559
10 minutes sounds way too long. You sure you can't do the sets with 5?
>>
>>42573470

Everyone says "push", but here he says "pull" ??
>>
>>42573617

I'm 5'10" 230 lbs don't know my body fat
>>
>>42573642
That be a cutting body, boi
>>
>>42573642
>that feel when gained almost as much weight as you in a month of bulking
I just wanna stop being a skelly
>>
If I have to do 3 sets of exercises X, Y, Z does it go like this?
X, X, X, Y, Y, Y, Z, Z, Z

Or is it supposed to be
X, Y, Z, X, Y, Z, X, Y, Z
>>
>>42573700
>X, Y, Z, X, Y, Z, X, Y, Z
Who the fuck does this
>>
>>42573642
Keep going for another 10-15 lbs then slow down your bulk and re assess your situation in 1 year. You have no muscle for you to cut. Unless you want abs with sub 15 inch arms.
>>
File: LA_kings.jpg (67KB, 661x393px) Image search: [Google]
LA_kings.jpg
67KB, 661x393px
>>42573729

Fug
>>
I'm doing SS+Chin-Ups and it's to the point that I should alternate between Deadlifts and Power Cleans. But I don't do Power Cleans, partly out of fear of injury, but because my goal is to reach 1/2/3/4 for the other main lifts in the program.

I'm aware that if I do PC, I'm straying from the original program and shouldn't complain if it blows up in my face. But what would be recommended if I do in fact make that choice: sticking to DL every workout and progress only every other day, or switch the PC with some else?

Also, I want to start working my core. What are the best exercises for this? And, would it be ill-advised to do core training everyday, including rest days?

Thank you for your time in advance.
>>
Is it possible to gain muscles without bulking? Is bulking the safest bet?
>>
File: 1503215306712.png (84KB, 273x358px) Image search: [Google]
1503215306712.png
84KB, 273x358px
>get groin pains after digging holes for fence posts on Thursday
>can't feel any bumps that suggest a hernia

Wat do guys I don't have money for surgery
>>
>>42573646
Do you have somewhere you have to be dude? You can train your cardio to do it in the opitmal time e.g I used to take 15-20 minutes breaks so what I did was 85-90% squat doubles with 1 minute between them and that helped bring it down to 8-10 minutes.

Anyway the stronger you are and the closer you are lifting to your 1RM the more resting time you will need to take, this isn't even a powerlifter or specific strength training thing even Arnold in pumping Iron takes a long ass break when he was doing the squats.

>>42573670
You probably can go 2-3 lbs per week till you hit 210-200 then I would do 1-2 lbs till you hit whenever you're happy.

Obviously if you strong stick to 1 lb per week since you will suffer immense strength losses.
>>
>>42573486
can someone pls provide some insight
>>
Understanding that eating a lot of small meals throughout the day doesn't increase metabolism like the myth suggests, but I was always told that it was better to do because if you eat over 400 calories in a sitting your body converts the rest to fat.

That's pretty much bullshit, right?
>>
>>42573773
You don't have to bulk, just enough above your tdee to allow your muscles to grow.
>>
>>42573763
Just do Rows instead of cleans I don't think Mark will ever get people to do their cleans.

Do core exercises at the end just don't them daily do them after your SS days.

>>42573773
If you have some weight on you, you can maintain and lift but you will stall more often then a guy that is bulking and you will reach the end point slower than the guy that did bulk cut cycle.
>>
>>42573813
With a nice intake of protein, right?

How many cals above my TDEE?
>>
>>42573813
>You don't have to bulk
>Just above your TDEE
Hmmmmm?
>inb4 you will gain no fat doing this when literally even roiders gain fat if lean bulking.
>>
>>42573830
You're probably gonna want more protein when cutting, but otherwise you obviously wanna hit your macros. Not too much, I guess it depends on how much and how heavy you lift, might wanna start with something like 200-300.
>>
>>42573843
If you eat at maintenance what is your body gonna use to build your muscles?
>>
>>42573849
I see, that makes sense. Thanks man.
>>
>>42573866
If you eat above TDEE you will gain weight. Below you will lose. If you maintain you're eating just TDEE m8.
>>
Doing my first bulk, since I'm a noob can I pretty much just ear what I want as long as I get my protein/calories and lift? I like my ice cream.
>>
>>42573909
Yeah but your body needs something it can use to build your muscles when you lift, and how does it do that if you eat at your TDEE?
>>
>>42573936
So you're bulking if you eat above TDEE how much of a hard concept is that you will put on weight.
>>
>>42573912
>>42573912
You can do that if you count your macros if not limit it to a couple of days a month unless you're an absolute skelly.
As shit as it is you don't want to bulk with icecream donuts pizza etc... you will end up more likely to be fat especially if you're older than 30.
>>
>>42573978
Come on, now. Answer the question.
>>
>>42573992
I'm 20, and I used to eat pizza every day a few months ago and was only 145lb.
>>
>>42571707
I have no idea. But I found that big deficits only work for so long, and you basically have to reset yourself and show your body you're getting plenty of food before it continues the loss.

Complete broscience, but I swear to you it works
>>
>stopped being fat
>old pants have way to much excess in the hips and ass
>new waist size is 30"
>buy new pants, wiast is perfect and thighs barely fit
I'm not even T-Rex mode but I tried to buy some DIckies online and when they got here I couldn't even sit down in them.
Is there a brand or style of pants that I should look for?
I can't afford to have my stuff tailored.
>>
>>42574246
Do you know what kind of cut/fit it was?
There are usually a few option, such as athletic, slim, straight, boot, etc. and athletic is probably what you are looking for.
>>
>>42574271
They were straight cut, which was the least tapered version.
>>
File: 1501568717687.gif (153KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1501568717687.gif
153KB, 500x362px
Best ab workout? Told that planks are bad for ones spine.
>>
>>42574339
Ab wheel. Buy a cheap one. Do the correct form.
>>
>>42574339
Yep, just like deadlifts are bad for you.
>>
>>42574347
I'll keep that in mind, but anything that doesn't require equipment
>>42574352
Deadlifts too? I'm I falling for a meme?
>>
>>42569170
Avocado or coconut oil.
>>
How do I get rid of bloat? All the normie websites tell me to drink lemon water and eat ginger but I don't trust that.

They also said to focus on sucking in your stomach more (sort of like stomach vacuums but still breathe) which makes sense.
>>
File: IMG_9180.gif (519KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9180.gif
519KB, 500x715px
>Lifting 4 years
>bench 295
>dl 450
>still look like a DYEL twink bitch
Is there any hope or should I just kms
>>
>>42574422
try to up the volume, by a lot.
>>
>>42573810
it's bs, just eat whenever you want in the day.
>>
Any downsides you guys have noticed to lifting/diet/general fitness? Specifically bulking.

So far for me:
>pants getting uncomfortably tight around the waist/crotch
>benis looks smaller on body
>waking up in the middle of the night, might be due to general stress but I think compounded by eating before bed
>>
I currently weigh around 125lbs and am 5'6 male, I know tiny weak manlet haha, anyway I want to start bulking, how many calories should I eat, what is a good macro split, I've been eating high carb low fat mostly plant based diet over summer but feel like my energy levels have tanked from the diet. Thanks in advanced.
>>
>>42571319
Increase the calories and just do more in the gym
>>
>>42574578
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/584-2/ really underrated nutrition guy imo I'd follow his formula and adjust as you see fit.
>>42574513
My biggest issue is i no longer look good in suits and can't wear jeans without going quite a few sizes bigger due to my quads.

Only issue with bulking is constant shitting and feeling full
>>
>>42573224
I trained hang cleans for the first time in a long time last week and had some pretty sweet trap soreness, as well as a good pump afterward. I'd say that hang cleans have their place in building good traps
>>
>>42574422
You're either really tall have shit diet or have body dysmorphia
>>
>>42569002
>to eat less on resting days?

No. You need the protein and energy for recovery.
>>
Cutting so I can lose from junk in the trunk. Should I still squat and deadlift?
>>
>>42574762
>ever not lifting
Never gonna make it.
>>
whats the best dumbell exercise for forearms?
>>
Anybody else have lower back pain? I don't know how to get rid of it and it's driving me crazy.

It mainly comes when I deadlift, ill do my 3RM and my lower back will hurt so much (not a sharp pain, like a heavy ache) that I have to sit down against the wall for it to be bearable.

After the gym the pain will be there but by next morning it'll be gone completely.

I get similar pains when I stand for too long, and have to usually sit down cause it'll hurt too much.

I might have APT, would that have anything to do with it?
>>
>>42574818
Have you tried doing lumbar curls to strengthen your lower back?
>>
>>42574818
i had some lower back pain when i started running. it went away so I guess I just got better at it.
>>
>>42574818
You have bad form and/or postural issues.
>>
How the fuck do I get rid of my belly fat.
>>
>>42575111
Stop eating like a fatass

You can't target loss fat, you have to loss fat overall. Which means you have to cut.
>>
if strength comes from muscles how come strength and hypertrophy have different rep ranges? building strength should cause me to get mass and vice versa. I know that it does not work like that but not why
>>
>>42575137
But I just started lifting and i'm bulking.

I literally have stick arms and a huge pot belly. At least my leg genetics are good.
>>
>>42575168
Height/weight?
>>
>>42575174
5'9" 165-170 lbs
>>
>>42575168
Honestly the best thing to do for fatties is to cut down first, then bulk up again.

You can't expect to lose your belly if you're bullking
>>
>>42575154
Strength does build mass outside of a couple of exceptions there won't be 3pl8+ benches that are dyel. Even bodybuilders do strength low rep work and supplement it with some high rep work.
>>
Bought dumbells and left the gym, started working out at home. First change I noticed was my forearms are BURNING after workout - is that normal? Never happened to me at the gym, used to include a bit less free weights back then.
>>
>>42575168
You have 3 main options bulk get a bigger chest arms back and belly then cut.
Maintain slow journey for gains but belly won't get bigger
Cut lose more arm chest and belly mass then lean bulk.
It all depends on what you feel motivates you and whatever you feel you can recover from e.g loadsa sub 160 skellies here with sub 15 inch arms and think their abs don't make them dyels and also you have obese strength only guys who look no different than a fatty on the street.
>>
>>42575223
Yes muscles usually burn when exercised.
>>
>>42569002

can i just walk briskly for two hours a day to increase my daily calorie expenditure if im too much of a fat cunt to eat at 2000/day?

80 kg 185 18% for reference

i also happen to enjoy walking
>>
>>42575322
>i also happen to enjoy walking
Enjoy it faster.
>>
>>42575322
Why you cutting at that height weight ? Just maintain and lift dude and once you stall lifts lean bulk
>>
>>42574849
wtf are lumbar curls? situps?
>>
>>42575352

doing that once im down 5 more kilos desu, currently making okay strength gains even the weeks where i keep a deficit properly

also want to use the time before semester starts and picks up pace, since i'll be wanting to stay close to maintenance by then
>>
>>42574642
6'5", am I cursed to be an eternal lanklet?
>>
File: 1500572828486.jpg (23KB, 719x714px) Image search: [Google]
1500572828486.jpg
23KB, 719x714px
>>42569002
Guys how do I fix my hands I feel like they're losing their grip ability. I cant even cross my fingers anymore. I feel like im developing arthritis.
>>
>>42575522
Nah you just need to lift longer and put on more mass all the 6"4+ guys I know (well only 2) they bench 375 + but then again they have been at it for 6-7 years and had a year of decent bulk 265+ bw before cut.
>>
Is cardio killing gains a meme or is it truth?
>>
File: HAES.png (928KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
HAES.png
928KB, 800x832px
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23617982
> Participants who viewed government-mandated nutrition information were more likely to answer correctly (59.0%) than those who saw industry labelling (49.1%) (OR=5.3, 95% CI: 2.6-10.6)
> Only 11.8% who viewed the Coke® bottle with calorie amounts per serving correctly identified the calorie amount, compared to 91.8% who saw calorie amounts per container, regardless of whether information was presented in the Nutrition Facts Table or the front-of-pack symbol (OR=242.9, 95% CI: 112.1-526.2)

What do the OR and CI mean?
>>
File: 1458755102654.jpg (45KB, 309x306px) Image search: [Google]
1458755102654.jpg
45KB, 309x306px
My hips are as wide as my shoulders.
Is it even possible to look good or am I just fucked.
>>
>>42575611
At least they're not wider
>>
>>42569002
What does QTDDTOT stand for? I see it all the time, I just don't understand the acronym.
>>
>>42575599
>>
If I wanted a beginner strength routine but with accessories for aesthetics, is ICF 5x5 my best option
>>
File: 1492547838851.jpg (399KB, 1280x1895px) Image search: [Google]
1492547838851.jpg
399KB, 1280x1895px
Is there any benefit to taking creatine if I work out moderately intensively 3x a week?
>>
>>42575661

read better
>>
>>42575661
Dumb 4chan poster, answer my question

>>42575682
No, you can do SL with dips and pullups/chins
>>
Is there any benefit to endurance exercise if eating a calorie surplus?

For instance, if I hike for 10 miles, am I improving leg muscles or am I just hurting other gains?
>>
>>42575656
I'm guessing it's "questions that don't deserve their own threads"
>>
>>42575599
People on /fit/ aren't any better. Fucking morons still buy retarded supplements that claim like 50 grams of protein per serving without realising the suggested serving is like 3 fucking scoops.
>>
I want to buy a water bottle

Some say don't buy plastic even if it is BPA-Free
Others say don't buy metallic ones because cancer.

Any recommendation on a good bottle? What do you use usually?
>>
>>42576385
I only use artisanly grown organic gourds
>>
>>42576385
all plastic bottles are bad even if BPA free. Some of the plastics leech into the water.

Stainless steel or glass are fine as far as I am aware.
>>
what program should i do if I just want to look better?
>>
>>42576385
Buy some cheap glass bottle from ikea or amazon
>>
>>42576511
Do 1x1 of reading the sticky
>>
>>42576551
>stick recommends nothing but ss
>everywhere i go is shitting on ss
man i just wanna get fit i don't want to get caught up in fucking weight politics
>>
>>42576511
makeup 24x7
>>
>>42576572
Sticky has 3 simple beginner's routines in it you dipshit. If you don't want SS do 5x5
>>
File: IMG_3856.jpg (162KB, 1438x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3856.jpg
162KB, 1438x1160px
How long should I rest between sets?

Like, for instance, I usually try to do 4x10 pull ups at the end of upper body day, but I am never sure how long to wait between sets. If I wait like 30 seconds, I hit failure almost immediately.
>>
What's a good rate at increasing the amount of weight on your lifts?
I started doing OHPs about a month ago, and I'm still only at 55 lbs.
>>
>>42570508
dumbell chest press or dont go so heavy on bench lol
>>
>>42571853
sit in a garden
>>
>>42576837
If the set was easy, 30-60.
If it was midly difficult (starting to take effort last couple reps, 60-90
If it was really hard but you still got all the reps, 90-180.
If you failed a rep or more, 180-300.

This is a general guideline and it depends on how heavy you're going, but something along these lines should work. If you don't like waiting so long, superset something unrelated in that won't affect your current lift.
>>
>>42574374
lol retard
>>
>>42576837
2 minutes at least. Do something else that focuses on different muscles in between sets.

I think the increased test I have ever since working out on the regular is making me really hormonal (mood swings and the like). Normally I've been feeling incredibly energetic, happier, and more confident, but sometimes I'll crash and feel like an emo little bitch for a few days at a time. It's just kind of annoying because it effects my gains if it gets really bad (getting drunk, staying up all night, either skipping or doing bare minimum lifts). Anyone else get this???
>>
>>42574800
forearm curls and nutral holds if youve got big enough dumbells lol, also you can get a bar and try twisting it either way with both hands if that makes sense ;)
>>
File: FAU%20Owl.png (47KB, 1050x596px) Image search: [Google]
FAU%20Owl.png
47KB, 1050x596px
Youfit or LA Fitness?

I'm paying $20 at Youfit. I'd be paying $30 at LA.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170820-211920.png (139KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170820-211920.png
139KB, 1080x1920px
Skinnyfat female
I'm working out for the first time in several months, is this a good start?
>>
I just started running again and i noticed the day after i get a strange lower back pain, what might this be? Im p strong got the 5pl8 diddy.
>>
>>42575111
also if you always brace your core when youre doing anything other than laying down you'll quickly see your stomach getting flatter without even needing to lose weight, do it for long enough and it becomes unconsious :) and by brace i dont mean suck it in and hold yer breath lol check out some viedos of how to brace your core propperly and dont forget theres muscles under the 6 pack that you need to brace too! gl
>>
>>42577113
holy shit thank you so much. I've been looking like a retard the whole time I've been seriously lifting at the gym (January) because I would force myself into a set ~1 minute later even when I hit failure on the previous set.
>>
>>42577148
I'm like 19, so I guess i could still be getting some hormonal bullshit going on, but I do get the emotional side of things.

As far as letting that mess up your gains, don't let it be an excuse. You're in control of your body. Part of lifting is acquiring discipline.
>>
how much strength is lost after one month of not working out?
>>
>>42577165
it's a start, you should do resistance training and higher intensity stuff too
>>
>>42570173
I've gone at least a month on some occasions, never saw any decrease in my modest gains
>>
File: 1453172194208.jpg (29KB, 700x475px) Image search: [Google]
1453172194208.jpg
29KB, 700x475px
So is there any downside if I hop right into a bodybuilding brosplit if I don't even have 1/2/3/4 yet and just want to look pretty?
>>
>>42577317
Yes they are less time efficient than a beginner program, because the frequency is too low. However you can still make decent gains.
>>
How many warm up sets should Inneed prior to heavy squats?
>>
Deadlifted yesterday for the first time in months, have lower back pain today.

How can i tell the difference between lbp that's caused by doms bc i havent pulled in a while, and lbp that's caused by having shit form and snapping my shit up?
>>
>>42577412
Pain down the leg/intense, deep pain/trouble walking if you fucked shit up.
>>
File: IMG_1360.jpg (133KB, 674x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1360.jpg
133KB, 674x906px
How can I become a sick cunt?
>>
>>42577436
ss + gomad
>>
What's the consensus on sleeping pills? Other than the obvious it's just better to stop looking at the computer before going to sleep and try sleeping naturally instead, will they fuck me up making me feel tired or anything, how does it compare to regular sleep? I feel like some nights it's impossible for me to lay down naturally.
>>
If I want to be /fa/ and /fit/ am I limited to everything fitting tight?
My old tshirts are baggy and make me look chubby instead of kinda swole, but I've never been the type to wear tight fitting clothes.
>>
File: Spaghetti.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
I just lost the definition in my abs, what do I do? Cut? Thought I could lean bulk with a 300 kcal surplus without issues
>>
>>42577280
I guess I'll just have to get disciplined then. 21 btw.
>>
File: mamia.png (426KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mamia.png
426KB, 1280x720px
where do i found meal recipes/ideas who matchs with my ideal daily calories intake ? there is certainly an app or a website for that am i right ?
don't fuckin respond by myfitnesspal pls.
>>
>>42577604
https://www.eatthismuch.com/
>>
File: 1484617766824.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484617766824.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
>>42577380
Thanks anon. Have this.
>>
File: 8 copy.jpg (568KB, 1515x1815px) Image search: [Google]
8 copy.jpg
568KB, 1515x1815px
Can I get a BF% estimate /fit/?
>>
File: IMG_0433.jpg (93KB, 325x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0433.jpg
93KB, 325x450px
5'8" 130-135 lbs 23 years old. Just started lifting
Run about 400yd+ to gym. Lift weights (Squats, Press/OHP, Dead, Shrugs, Chin ups) Run 400yd+ home
Stretch
Eat at least 2500 calories 100g protein at least.
I get obscenely sore for 3-5 days after one workout. (4 sessions in 2.5 weeks so far and with 15-20 max improvement between 1st and 4th session)
Is there anyway for me to recover faster so that I may lift more often?
>>
>>42577765

Use protein powder right after your workout. Recovery time will be shorter the longer you work out. In a couple months, you won't be as sore after every workout.
Work different body parts on different days so you can work out more often.
>>
Soon I'll be working out in the morning 5 days/week, currently doing it from 5pm to 7pm 4 days/week. I'm a newbie (4 months) on a cut (2000 cal) and my bf is about 15%.

I wanna get at least to 10% bf, before december but I think the cardio part is lacking, I only do like 10 min on a bike as a warm up, the only "real" cardio is some jogging+running on sat mornings.

What kind of cardio and frequency can I implement?

Would you recommend IF while weight training? how many days a week?
>>
>>42577844
Do protein powder already. Isopure low-carb, 2 scoops = 50g
Should I split compounds from upper body and lower body or something more specific?
I intend to work until I am sore each time no matter what, is this bad?
>>
>>42577883

You're just starting. Don't do anything more complex than an upper/lower split.
Do a lower body, and an upper body the following day. When you're good and rested, do it again. Soon you'll be going 6days/week
>>
>>42569002
Is it ok to do Farmers walk 6 days a week?
>>
>>42577933
Got it. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>42571868
you didnt respond
>>
>>42571868
Just switch to an intermediate program.
>>
>>42569002
What are some good exercises to lose weight as an asthmatic person. I can't run more than 1/4th a mile with out my asthma acting up, even with daily medicine. I would bike but I live at the base of a mountain so everywhere is too hilly. Weightlifting seems to be a good option but I'd like to know if there's a better one.
>>
I want to get a BB for home

What should I get? Just bite the bullet and get an Olympic 7 foot one?
>>
>>42578139
lift weight, do 10 minutes of biking per workout

eat less
>>
After my 5x5 workout what else can I spend several hours in the gym doing to distract me from how much I hate myself. I have a large stress fracture in my left fibula so running is no longer an option.
>>
>>42577748
17-18%

>>42577858
10% is pretty hard to get down to. Honestly just plain HIIT would be best.

I do IF for training, only because I don't have time to eat in the morning before work. I do it every day. That being said, if you're trying to break records it might not hurt to get some caffeine or other sort of booster in you.
>>
>>42578258
look extensively on craigslist for a used one.

>>42578307
lifting won't make you hate yourself less.
>>
>>42578347
Yes, but it does distract me for that hour
>>
>>42578375
then find a hobby or something. You can't be at the gym 10 hours a day.
>>
>>42578307
Stationary bike, Bis, tris, grip, pull ups, lats, cleans, rowing machine.
>>
Do you think I'll ever be able to go the gym again, and possibly get back to lifting heavy? I'm only 22 but my backs been fucked for a long time. It had a period of being alright for a year but that ended in March when I threw it out deadlifting and now it's worse, I get a weird pins and needles feeling in my back every time I even squat or bench like 10 lbs. I also throw my back really easily and sometimes can't walk for a day until it heals...

I've seen a physiotherapist but do I really just need to stretch it and it will all go away and heal? I'm skeptical and depressed about it so I just don't go to the gym at all and focus on other areas of my life.
>>
>>42578391
Sure you can, you can be in the gym for all your life

Just lift heavy bench press until failure
>>
>>42578444
>I get a weird pins and needles feeling in my back every time I even squat or bench like 10 lbs. I also throw my back really easily and sometimes can't walk for a day until it heals...
You're fucked.

Sorry bro. Lifting isnt going to be a part of your life again. Time to play the /lit/ game.
>>
>>42578444
this is a question for a sports doctor/physical therapist and not a bunch of broscientists on the internet.
>>
>>42578444
Forgot to mention, its my upper back only. Not lower ever. Which is apparently more of an unusual case.
>>
File: woj7.jpg (7KB, 184x200px) Image search: [Google]
woj7.jpg
7KB, 184x200px
Will lifting cure my depression?

I'm serious
>>
File: $_86.jpg (51KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
$_86.jpg
51KB, 576x1024px
Which brand are these plates and are they any good? I'm looking at my replacing my standard set with 50mm bumpers
>>
>>42578454
yeah I kind of feel like that's actually something I might have to accept. maybe a breakthrough in nerve damage surgery and me having a lot of money can be something I could look forward to in the future?
>>
>>42578344
Thanks bro, if working out in the morning, when would you recommend to do HIIT? (since it's supposed to be separated from weight-lifting) and how many days a week? Also how many days a week of IF for a beginner?
>>
>>42578509
exercising gives you dopamine and hormones that produce sérotonine, it's basically a handy made xanax but more efficient and you will finally get da puss.
So yeah definitely
>>
>>42578582
Thanks for the reply, I have hope m8
>>
>>42578581
That I can't really answer. I would say definitely after, maybe at night? If you live close to your gym and can't jog at night just go there after work.
>>
What do you think about green tea and its weight loss properties? Do you have any experience with it or any other food that accelerates metabolism ?
>>
Guys, does fapping ruin gains?

Or is it like cardio where you're okay as long as you do it after a workout?
>>
>>42569002
I have 367 calories left in my cutting meal plan and I've already hit my protein macros, what should I add to keep everything fairly balanced?

Protein Shake
>46 grams of protein powder, 36 g protein, 4 carb, 4 g fat, 188 kcal
>1 cup of 2% milk, 10 g protein, 14 carb, 5 g fat, 140 kcal
>2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 2 g protein, 6 g carbs, 1 g fat, 20 kcal
>1 banana, 1.5 g protein, 31.1 g carb, 0.4 g fat, 121 kcal,
TOTAL: 49.5 g protein (39%), 55.1 g carbs (43%), 10.4 g fat (18%), 469 kcal

Chicken Breast, Broccoli, Brown Rice
>336 grams chicken breast, 78 g protein, 0 g carbs, 4.5 g fat, 360 kcal
>90 grams of brown rice, 8 g protein, 70 g carbs, 3 g fat, 320 kcal
>170 grams broccoli, 6 g protein, 8 g carbs, 0 g fat, 50 kcal
TOTAL: 92 g protein (49%), 78 g carbs (42%), 7.5 g fat (9%), 730 kcal

Ground Beef Patties 85% lean, Spinach, Bun
>1 Beef Patty, 30 g protein, 0 g carbs, 23 g fat, 330 kcal
>170 grams of spinach, 4 g protein, 8 g carbs, 0 g fat, 40 kcal
>1 Orowheat bun, 9 g protein, 32 g carbs, 3.5 g fat, 190 kcal
TOTAL: 43 g protein (30%), 40 g carbs (28%), 26.5 g fat (42%), 560 kcal

Daily Total: 184.5 g protein (40%), 173.1 g carbs (38%), 44.4 g fat (22%), 1759 kcal
>>
>>42570428
yeah - beginner gains are always the biggest

Im averaging .4'' - 14.7" currently - every month but ive been doing it longer than 2 months
>>
>>42578662

Bretty good, maybe some healthy fats like nuts, almonds etc, they're good to snack on between meals if you start feeling the hunger pangs as well
>>
File: 1501368076195.jpg (142KB, 520x860px) Image search: [Google]
1501368076195.jpg
142KB, 520x860px
Is walking every day for 30 minutes gonna help me lose weight? I've dropped 25 lbs by just eating less and drinking more water.
>>
>>42578707
Noted, certainly can't complain about having more nuts in my mouth.
>>
A simple one.
Is it really that hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?
>>
Is swimming in the waves at the beach good exercise? Was fucking around in rough swell this morning for an hour and I'm exhausted and feel like every muscle in my body is wrecked.
>>
>>42578741

It's a good meal plan though, maybe only other thing could be to substitute the ground beef with a fish dish like once or twice a week for the omega-3 and you could take a multivitamin or something.
>>
>>42578783
Thanks, trying to get a decent amount of meat and veggies on a budget. Gods bless Costco.

Could I do eggs for omega-3s instead of fish dishes? Good fish isn't cheap inland unless it's like the canned tuna stuff, but I'll make it work if eggs aren't acceptable.

Would a multivitamin be really necessary? I've always been under the impression the the majority of that stuff is just snake oil, though I'm happy to be educated otherwise.
>>
File: 1502999662916.jpg (30KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1502999662916.jpg
30KB, 500x359px
>>42578778
>I'm exhausted and feel like every muscle in my body is wrecked.

The way your feeling actually indicates that you did not get much exercise. I'm so sorry
>>
>>42578845

You don't even really need fish or eggs, fish oil pills would be fine, really the only thing you're "missing" is Omega-3, although like I've said it's a good plan and you're getting plenty of nutrients, I wouldn't really say you're lacking anything, just that you can add more.

Definitely some multivitamin companies will be snake oil, but some are basically just vitamin pills.

Like, you're hitting your macro's well, but tracking micro nutrients is a real bitch and trying to get those fucking minute amounts of stuff is annoying so a reputable multivitamin can be handy to just add those vitamins and minerals you might not ever even notice you're missing
>>
>>42578639
It's almost complete bullshit. The only government study that supports green tea accelerating weight loss was tested in obese folk having a gigantic quantity of it, which probably just contained enough caffeine to accelerate heart rate for a while.

So, it's BS. There are no shortcuts to weight loss.

>>42578661
Fapping does definitely take some energy away, but it's not like it's equal to a cardio session. i wouldn't recommend doing it before a workout even if it was hours before.

>>42578662
looking good m8. Keep in mind you don't necessarily need that much protein and could use a few more fats in your diet.

>>42578724
You've already figured out the secret: eating less. Walking helps but the whole "cardio for weight loss" thing is total BS. It's exercise, and just like any exercise the longer you do intense sessions for the more calories you burn. Walking would pile maybe 100 calories on but don't use it as a crutch. Learn to control your intake.

>>42578760
It's not only hard, it's almost impossible once you're at a non-obese bodyweight. You cannot physically grow muscle without also adding fat mass. You can certainly skew the ratio, but never one without the other.
>>
>>42578907
>tracking micro nutrients is a real bitch and trying to get those fucking minute amounts of stuff is annoying so a reputable multivitamin can be handy to just add those vitamins and minerals you might not ever even notice you're missing

Gotcha. Alright, I'll look into some multivitamins as an insurance if I have enough leftover in expenses, as well as some fish or eggs. Any particular multivitamin brand or type you recommend?

>>42578923
Yeah, the other anon suggested some fish to help with that so I'll be looking into that or eggs. As for protein I figured I'd rather have more and not need it than need it and not have it.
>>
>It's not only hard, it's almost impossible once you're at a non-obese bodyweight. You cannot physically grow muscle without also adding fat mass. You can certainly skew the ratio, but never one without the other.
I was told the opposite mostly but thanks anon.
I will go cry now ;-;
>>
>>42578970
Obese folk can grow muscle mass, but not much. Outside of extreme examples or roids you can't get mass while losing fat.
>>
>>42578970
You can do it at non-obese levels if you are a newbie, I'm talking like first 6-8 months of dedicated lifting. After that it'll be quite hard as an intermediate and close to impossible as an advanced lifter.

Just eat healthy at a reasonable caloric deficit and you'll be fine. If your cut is filled with fried and sugary food but you buy into the "It's ok, as long as I keep under my calorie limit" ideology you will most certainly fail.
>>
>>42579006
I am norm weight.
>>42579010
I am lifting for almost 2 years.
So should I change between bulking and cutting states? If so, how often?
Also
>I CAN DRINK COKE ALL DAY LOOK IT ONLY IS 14 CALORIES A CAN I AM FINE
>>
>>42569946
no fucking lie, bodyweight in lbsx15

i know your probably like "wtf how"

idk man, ask lyle. the margin of error is only +/-100 calories

ive been abiding by it for 6 months and it still works
>>
>>42579029
Usually the advised cut/bulk cycles go as follows:

>Cut to 10-12%
>Maintenance for 2-4 weeks
>Bulk to 15-18%
>Maintenance for 2-4 weeks
>repeat as necessary
>>
Due to weird health related shit I can't lose weight. (Lost weight to quick, need to maintain to get nutrients and hair back)

I'm 5'10 190lbs 20m. Lifted for about 3 months so far, some gains but it's hard to see because I'm still so fucking fat.

How can I gain muscle while staying the same weight?
Any advice?
>>
>>42579010
>So should I change between bulking and cutting states? If so, how often?

At this point in lifting it certainly couldn't hurt. Typically you never want to bulk above 20% and you never want to cut below 10% unless you are either competing or it's a lifestyle choice you wish to make. Once you've cut down to 10%, maintain for about a month and then slowly start to bulk up to about 18-20%, maintain there, and then start cutting again.

Yes, your lifts will stall during your cut and may even decrease a bit, but you have to decide if this is worth it to add muscle mass. Make sure you're eating plenty of protein.
>>
Any opinion on food thermogenesis?
>>
>>42579072
>>42579029
oops, that was for you
>>
File: 1466019815620.png (330KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466019815620.png
330KB, 500x480px
>>42578639
It's less than the margin of error for weight loss
But it, particularly theanine, has excellent appetite and satisfaction properties, meaning it can be used with a small meal to feel fuller and with caffeine to feel calmer
Accelerating metabolism by supplementation is retarded unless you're taking DNP/Clen/ECA etc because simply working out more is far, far easier.

>>42578661
No. Stop reading nofap nonsense. Testosterone increases after 7+ days of no ejaculation but otherwise there's no effect relating to gains.

>>42578662
In my experience, almost all lifters are lacking in veg and that's very true of your day at a glance.

You're also getting no healthy fats that I can see other than the milk. Add veg, nuts, seeds and fish.

>>42578724
>Is walking every day for 30 minutes gonna help me lose weight?
Compared against not walking 30 minutes every day, obviously. Retarded question.

>>42578760
No. If you've injected steroids or are within your 1st month of lifting it's fairly easy.
Otherwise yes. Even if you're obese it's difficult because it's demanding of the body and in any other case it's as close to impossible.

>>42578778
Swimming is generally considered very light cardio but fighting swell is probably considerably better.

>>42579055
>Due to weird health related shit I can't lose weight.
Which health related shit is it that defies the laws of physics and medicine as we know it?

>How can I gain muscle while staying the same weight?
Eat enough protein while progressing in strength then balance your calories to match maintenance.

>Any advice?
Be less retarded and eat less.
>>
>>42578906

Well that's quite disappointing. Was a lot of fun but not much point if it's not going to help me lose weight.
>>
>>42579079
Ignore him. Anything that makes you exert yourself is good exercise and will help you lose weight.
>>
>>42579077
Is 4 servings of veggies a day not enough?
>>
>>42579077
I lost 90lbs or so in 7 months.

I got some weird lines my nails and a bald spot on my head from eating about 1400-1500 calories of only protein for months.

My dermatologist told me to get my hair back I need to maintain my weight for awhile and stabilize.

Won't not being able to cut hinder my ability to gain muscle quite a bit?
>>
>>42579079
Horseshit, it just means you're exercising your muscles to a degree they haven't been before. It's called DOMs, and it's normal if you're fairly new to exercise, it will fade away soon.
>>
>>42579079
Also, swimming is straight up one of the best forms of cardio weight loss out there besides uphill biking and rowing. If you enjoy it, keep doing it.
>>
What's the difference between flat, incline and decline bench presses? Are any of them objectively superior the others?
>>
File: 6C9I7nL.png (536KB, 595x596px) Image search: [Google]
6C9I7nL.png
536KB, 595x596px
>>42579092
Most national health organisations recommend 5-7 servings of veg per day. In America and UK it's 5 because everyone is fat and addicted to sugar.
Generally speaking you should always aim for as varied and fresh a diet as possible for nutrition, with constant variety you can get all you need with 4 veg per day.

>>42579095
>I got some weird lines my nails and a bald spot on my head from eating about 1400-1500 calories of only protein for months.
Obviously, that's retarded and only eating carrots or lettuce or Snickers bars would give you the exact same or similar problems.

It's not the calorie loss, it's the nutrient loss. Stop being retarded.

Also eat enough iron and biotin. Both are great for hair so long as you're not already onset balding.

>Won't not being able to cut hinder my ability to gain muscle quite a bit?
Yes, but since lifting and exercise drives hormonal balance and has been shown to increase hair growth since the dawn of time you're being doubly retarded.

Lift and eat properly and stop being a spastic.

>>42579117
The angle, thus the muscles worked. Decline shifts focus to lower chest. Incline shifts focus to upper chest and shoulders.

None are better unless you have a specific goal.
>>
>>42579072
>>42579076
Thanks, anon. I will see how good I can keep up with switching between states.
Also, are internet fat percentage calculators good enough for this job?
>>42579077
>ordering roids rite nao
>>
>>42579124
Thanks anon. I'm taking a multivitamin and my doctor has me supplementing for vitamin D.

I also ate less then 10g of fat for probably months.

Trying to be less retarded with diet, I eat about 200g protein/80g+ fat/ 100+ carbs a day at least.

Thanks for the info
>>
File: 7RCHoMt.jpg (38KB, 571x428px) Image search: [Google]
7RCHoMt.jpg
38KB, 571x428px
>>42579140
No worries.

The single best page for nutrition if you're a beginner is http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
Eat at least 33.33% of the foods on that list every month and mix it up every now and then and you're hitting 95% of your nutritional requirements with easy mode.
>>
>>42579129
Scooby's fat percentage calculator hasn't let me down yet, but you'll need a pair of calipers to use it accurately. You can buy one off amazon for like $5.
>>
>>42579155
That's great, I am adding it to my cart, thanks.
>>
>>42579129
>>42579155
>>42579165
Also type US Navy Bodyfat Calculator into google and get the first result.
It's still the most accurate I've ever used and it doesn't rely on calipers/etc.
>>
>>42579179
Scooby calculator guy, I would definitely recommend this as well and compare across multiple calculators for an accurate measurement. Certainly couldn't hurt.
>>
>>42579179
Tried it already, 17%.
Thanks, I will use it until calipers arrive.
>>42579189
Thanks.
>>
>>42573642
Cut
>>
>>42570388
check your form. Do curls and other arm/chest workouts to build up your strength. Yes it is possible you're too weak for the bar
I think this guy was trying to respond to you but forgot to not be retarded >>42570496

>>42570283
leg press
>>
How do you quit smoking pot?
>>
>>42579286
Stop gradually a day at a time, little by little until you don't care if you drop it. Alternatively you could try quitting it cold turkey, but if you're asking how to quit you might not have it in you to do it that way.
>>
should I give a rest day if I'm fucking sore or should I power through?
I can deal with the pain but I don't want to hurt my lifts or gains
>>
File: 1481592734842.png (109KB, 800x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1481592734842.png
109KB, 800x1044px
If I eat literally NOTHING but junk food, and I mean everything, but i'm still at a 500+ calorie deficit, will i still lose weight? Will the weight loss be slower?
>>
>>42579597
you will probably lose weight faster because there is zero nutrients so you will lose muscle
>>
I always read everywhere that you should eat at least every three hours to prevent your body from slowing down metabolism and storing more fat, yet when intermittent fasting you do exactly that and it somehow works.
How?
>>
>>42570455
What does 1pl8 mean??
Is it one plante as 20 kg?
>>
>>42579702
1pl8 = 2x20kg plates, one on each side
>>
NO RACK HOMEGYM
started last week for real this time, only rep 22.5kg OHP and I'm afraid of snapping my spine if I try to jerk any more than 30 over my head for squats
what are my options here?
>>
>>42579723
maybe get something to rack a barbell on?
>>
>>42579790
no, that costs money
>inb4 DIY decapitation rack
>>
>>42579816
well in addition to getting some money, you can do jefferson squats
>>
>>42579597
You'll lose weight, but you'll still look like shit
>>
I just got my Therma Labs Superstack containing per cap: 100 mg Caffeine
50 mg Ephedrine
50 mg DMAA
150 mg L- Tyrosin
150 mg Ma Huang
How will this affect me and my training?
Any specific diet to get full effect from it?
>>
When sbould I workout if I want to impress my date with my pump?
How many hours beforehand? And what sets/reps should i do for that extra strong short term "pump"?
>>
What's the heaviest one would be able to lift without a belt?
>>
>>42580695
High rep workout finished about 30 min before your date.
>>
>>42580176
That's basically a weak EC stack. If you have the right genetic makeup, it'll make you paranoid as fuck, increase your anxiety and irritability, and maybe burn an extra 100 calories a day.

Don't be an idiot, that shit ain't good for you.
>>
>>42579692
>eat at least every three hours to prevent your body from slowing down metabolism and storing more fat
It's bullshit
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.