[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I WANT TO SMOKE BUT I SHOULDNT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 5C-su2e4_400x400.jpg (27KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
5C-su2e4_400x400.jpg
27KB, 383x383px
/fit/ im THIS close to saying fuck it and going out to buy a pack of smokes. I'm on my 6th day off cigs and its getting unbearable.

Please I need some harsh words to make me reconsider it. Help a brother out /fit/
>>
fags are for fags. If you put a circular object in your mouth, you ain't like me.
>>
>>42564067
go smoke test boost
plus who tf cares
>>
Pro tip: Quit cigarettes by taking amphetamines like ritain for a few weeks. They'll mask the cigarette cravings and you can way more easily ween off amphetamines (reduce dose by half every week) than cigarettes.
>>
>>42564067
Go smoke, who cares, your life is worthless anyway right?
>>
>>42564084
>protip: just get addicted to another drug
>the cravings of the ciggies will go away lmao

gas yourself
>>
smoking killed lots of my family, op
>>
>>42564067
My dad died at 57 because of lung complications and he was a smoker ever since he was 12.
Smoking is terrible but I think it's kinda charming desu, even though nowadays it's frowned upon. People on Mad Men are smoking all the time and it's super fancy.
>>
You'll regret buying the pack. You won't regret not doing so. Do yourself a favor now and avoid hating yourself later.
>>
>>42564084
Why the fuck.. he might as well keep smoking. Fuck off with that shit.

>>42564067
How the fuck do cigarettes have control over you? Be a man, take control and keep your mind off of them, they're expensive, they make you stink, they lower testosterone, girls don't like making out with ash trays, not to mention they will slowly kill you. It's pretty simple, my dude.
>>
>>42564067
don't do it OP, I've been there. I've posted this in the past, but I will post it again, to remind myself and also maybe help you.

Back in summer 2015 I felt depressed because my research as a PhD student was going no where, and I felt underappreciated in my group. Add the tfw no gf feels, my confidence was crippling and I wanted something to forget how shitty my situation was at the moment.

I was on holidays and basically bought my first pack of cigarettes and started smoking. It was cool, until I realized I was addicted. I was not smoking too much, however if I didn't do 3-4 cigarettes a day, my guts would be screaming for a smoke. Usually I smoked in the morning 2 cigarettes and the rest after work.

I forgot to say I felt ashamed for smoking, so I made sure I didn't smoke in front of others.

This went on and on for 3-4 months which is when the question of "do you want to grow up and be a smoker" started to arise. Every time I grabbed a cigarette I felt like shit, but I had to do it because I was addicted.

I tried quitting cold turkey three times, the first time unfortunately worked for a week, because something stressful at work happened and it triggered my addiction very bad. It was so bad that I actually found a pack of cigarettes just right next to my home, I opened it and smoked the 1 remaining cigarette that was there.

After that I bought a pack and continued for a month or something. The second time I decided this is it, I don't give shit anymore, I am done smoking. Again, a month later something really unlucky ? happened. After a party I was in, I found an ENTIRE PACK of cigarettes lying on a fucking pavement. I couldn't just leave it there, I said I would take it and just have it in my place.

Of course wasn't just in my place, I decided it would be fine to get a smoke or two every day or so. Sure.... again, addicted.
>>
Smoking is fucking disgusting man, that in and of itself should be enough. About a month after quitting I want to retch when a co worker who smokes so much as uses the bathroom before I do, it's nasty as fuck.
>>
>>42564249
1-2 months later, it was a Sunday and I bought a pack of cigarettes called "LA".

I had downloaded some English gangster movie, I don't recall the name (i do now: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3569230/), and every single scene there had someone smoking a cigar. By the end of this movie I was disgusted as shit because I was smoking as well while watching it.

The sight of someone smoking was appalling to me.

Now here comes the thing, 1 week before I had seen the last hangover movie, and in that movie they went to LA and promised themseleves that they would go there one last time.

I don't know why and how, but my disgust of that movie and this quote alone, AND the fact that my pack was named "LA", made me quit cold turkey and I have been clean ever since.

Summer of 2016 I was on holiday again and decided to do the opposite of what I did in summer of 2015, started working out. I started running, a lot of fucking running. Then I started lifting and feel better than ever.

anyway, a lot of details were ignored, but this is more or less how I quit smoking after ~6 months. Now I still lift and run regularly, participate in races like 5ks and 10ks, never felt better in my life.

make the change now.
>>
>>42564249
>>42564270
Thanks for these words anon. It's really easy to lose sight of 'why' one decides to stop smoking. Suddenly the cravings are gone.
>>
File: 1496875171879.jpg (171KB, 1000x711px) Image search: [Google]
1496875171879.jpg
171KB, 1000x711px
>>42564067
Three months w/o smoking already, im 22 and started at 15 because im a dumb fuck

You get used to the cough and the morning phlegm and the sore throat and geting winded fast and the fast heart rate

But trust me anon life is a million times better without that

Its like sticking to your diet when cutting, think how much better everything will be in some months

Ignore the dude dicks in mouth haha weak pussi shit, they dont know how fucking hard it actually is to resist that one smoke

Best advice i can give you, dont think abiut smoking at all.
Dont think "i havent smoked for two days already" and shit like that, just ban tobacco from your head.

Not sure if that made sense, my english is shit

Anyways i believe in u bby
>>
>>42564067
Just don't do it. Buy a patch instead if it'll help you get through the first couple weeks.

Quit last October and it was the second best decision I've ever made (the first was to quit drinking.)

Your gains will noticeably improve. Speaking from experience, I believe that heavy smoking seriously impairs gains. Something about oxygen to your muscles maybe, I don't know.

Smoking a pack a day costs you $2500-3500 a year. Think of all the small improvements to your life that you could make with an extra few grand. I bought a bunch of new clothes and gadgets this year that I couldn't have afforded before.

Don't do it.
>>
Whenever I crave one I remember how shitty I feel after smoking a ciggy. The first puff, that burn is bliss, then after that I just feel gross. Not worth it.
>>
>>42564067

If you give in now you'll just be a junkie bitch the rest of your life, short as it may be with health complications. Man up and own your body/mind, don't let some bullshit chemicals own them. You can do it, I believe in you. When it gets really bad, blow the nervous energy on exercise or housework. The first two weeks are a bitch, but it gets easier after a month and you'll have more pocket money/be able to breathe easier.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.