[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compounds for legs/core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: hex-bar-girl.png (278KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hex-bar-girl.png
278KB, 600x600px
What are your opinions on the hex bar squat/deadlift as a replacement for the squat and/or deadlift when doing a 5x5 strength training program? I alternatemailed squats and deadlifts, but I'm considering replacing them both with weighted crunches and hex bar squatlifts.
>>
>>42560576
you can reasonably replace DL with trap bar to work around an injury or something, but they wont replace squat. and if youre trying to replace compounds with meme shit like weighted crunches; youre basically not doing a strength program anymore anyway
>>
It gives you a little bit of the gains you get from squats and deadlifts combined into one. It can replace both lifts if you understand that it's not as good as doing both those two lifts but it's probably the best single lift in existence. You'll certainly be ably to get strong as fuck with it.
>>
>>42560662
Spbp, and /thread
>>
>>42560662
To rephrase this, hex bar deadlifts works your legs evenly. It works your posterior chain and quads evenly. So you can do only it and not worry about imbalances. If you only back squat or only conventional deadlift you might get quad or hamstrings dominance. Hex bar deadlift hits the hams better than back squad and quads better than conventional deadlift but not better than their target muscles.
>>
>>42560648
>Meme shit
>Weighted crunches

Yeah ok lil guy
>>
>>42560730
What about doing hexlifts while standing on plates so my starting position is more like the bottom of a squat?
>>
>>42560576
Hex bar is god tier. I think it gets a bad wrap because of how much more weight you can move with it, but this is because you're activating more muscles and pulling from a safer/better position.
>>
>>42560576
Just squat, that wont replace that.
>>
>>42560918
Yeah if you increase the ROM a lot it should be on par with back squat. Use the low handles of course. There's no stretch reflex so it's harder and it can be limiting depending on your stance width. I tried these for a bit and they felt awkward to me so I just settled on regular hex bar deadlifts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.