[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much will my squat suffer if i only focus on deadlift?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1496934911480.jpg (221KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496934911480.jpg
221KB, 1280x960px
how much will my squat suffer if i only focus on deadlift?
>>
>>42557583
depends what you mean by only focus

you could probably maintain your squat with one weekly session if volume was adequate, if you aim to axe squatting entirely it's going to go to shit very quickly (not even just due to strength loss, which takes a while - your technique will fall apart and it's going to feel like an alien exercise)
>>
>>42557597
like 3-4 months
>>
File: showdick2.jpg (57KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
showdick2.jpg
57KB, 960x960px
>>42557583
i REALLY hope thats a boy
>>
>>42557605
again, depends what you mean by focus

are you planning to reduce your squatting frequency and volume, or completely get rid of squatting for 3-4 months?
>>
>>42557613
completely stop and only focus on deadlift
>>
>>42557623
your squat is going to take a major hit
>>
>>42557623
why? they both carry over to each other and the extra volume from squats would be beneficial to leg drive in the deadlift
>>
>>42557638
probably not, the range of motion the quads act through in a conventional deadlift is so small (and the degree of knee flexion so small) that quads are almost never going to be a limiting factor

the carryover is going to be from the glute and erector (and to a much lesser extent hamstring) training effect of squats, not from the quads - which means that more deadlift volume (which will mean additional glute, erector, and hamstring work) is going to carryover to deadlifting more (no shit, specificity)
>>
>>42557638
ankle surgery and physio advised me to not do squats for at least 3 months or maybe more. apparently deadlifts with sumo stance are fine as long as i don't go too heavy.
>>
>>42557663
my suggestion is to up your deadlift volume (since you aren't going to be spending lower back and glute recovery tokens on squatting) and treat this as an unplanned specialization cycle

do some quad accessories that don't require too much dorsiflexion which is what i'm assuming is restricted for you
>>
>>42557607
It's a girl (male).
>>
How much does my deadlift suffer If I only Front Squat 3 times a week?
>>
>>42557583
I really want a bit on the side that looks like this
I feel that having a twink fucktoy is amazing
>>
>>42558820
You have experience in the subject?
>>
>>42558918
I wish
>>
>>42557623
>how much will my squat suffer if i dont squat

Take a guess retard.
>>
>>42558957
How much do you think we need to squat before getting a femboi?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.