[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is rowing alpha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

is rowing alpha?
>>
>>42556019
Are you alpha?
>>
>>42556019
>tfw only 6'1
>tfw basically a manlet, could only possible row in lightweight competitions
Rowing is the sport for people 6'5 and above anyone under will never be truly competitive. feelsbadman
>>
>>42556019

Ex Olympic rowers have gone on to win America's Cup sailing events, represent their countries at cycling world champs etc, so yea, rowing is Alpha AF.
>>
>>42556019
Mike Patton doesn't row, he just swims any distance that he needs to. That's truly alpha
>>
File: 1500688421484.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1500688421484.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
>>42556019
I rowed for about 2 years on a club team in high school and, though yes, the sport gets you /fit/ as fuck I noticed eventually that everybody who rowed was either insane or socially retarded. Granted, my team was shit (I was one of the top rowers and with a 2k of only ~6:40) so maybe being on a more successful, competitive team would be more enjoyable. I guess the whole socially awkward, uncompetitive team being shitty at rowing thing is really a chicken or the egg situation, but either way I received a $10k/year "academic" scholarship (even though my grades were average at best) for just *considering* to join my college rowing team. I pulled the whole "don't want to make such a big decision right now, I've already got a lot going on" pre-college freshman meme and they managed to sweeten the deal for me, even though I never ended up rowing.

So, I guess, yeah it's alpha but so is fucking ur mom OP.
>>
>>42556618
Is this true? I knew a guy who practiced this and he was like 5'8. His team looked very small too.
>>
>>42556745
I had a similar 2k when I was rowing with a club associated with my university and I think the insane or socially retarded bit might be universal.
>>
>>42556765
Unfortunately yes, look at the stats for all the olympic rowers. All of the heavyweights are like 6'4 minimum. Rowing requires REALLY long legs, so if you're short you aren't gonna make it.
>>
>>42557113
This makes me sad.
>>
File: 71fee_I7JaL._SL1500_.jpg (91KB, 1500x1368px) Image search: [Google]
71fee_I7JaL._SL1500_.jpg
91KB, 1500x1368px
How comparable and did any anon use this kind of rowing machine?

Fell free to discuss towing machine in general too.
>>
>>42556019
Sorry whiteboi, but water "sports" are and never will be alpha.
>>
>>42556745
I can confirm that rowers are insane and socially retarded. I used to row for GB, so I'm probably one of the most qualified people on this board to make that statement. In fact, being a chad isn't really that common in high level sports as everything is about performance, there's no timer tolerance for eating pizza and fucking stacies. Maybe it's different in American football or something, but in sports like rowing or running chads never get to the elite level
>>
>>42557113
No it's not true. Height helps of course, but you can be perfectly competitive at 6'1, even at an international level.
>>
>>42557396
This thing is beta mode, if it's not a Concept 2 it's not a good rowing machine
>>
>>42557396
Ive never seen one of these used in any serious way by a competitive rower. Most work is done on dynamic ergs, stationary ergs, and sliders.
>>
>>42556019
Not really. But it is probably the most painful sport in existence
>>
>>42556745
If you were 6:40 by the end of high school you could have possibly gotten recruited to an ivy lightweight program.
>>
>>42557419
>water 'sport'
Need to be rich, since most white boi's that grow up in a big house on the beach can wakeboard, surf, jetskii, and parasail

But you wouldnt know about that now would you, lazy poorfag, get a real job
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.