[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Add weight from one training to the other at all other back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: PullupBasic.jpg (25KB, 278x300px) Image search: [Google]
PullupBasic.jpg
25KB, 278x300px
>Add weight from one training to the other at all other back excercises.
>I am stuck at the pull-ups.
This excercise and bench press are the only ones that my performance goes way down if I havent slept/eaten well

If I try more sometimes I feel that my shoulders and hands teleake most of my bodyweight, like Im doing it wrong just to do it(possibly the truth) - at least it feels that way.

How can I start doing more pull-ups? And how do I understand when it's time that my back has stopped lifting and the hands/shoulders are taking the job?

I know that this complex exercise hits more muscle groups than the back - pic related -.
>>
>>42552586
>How can I start doing more pull-ups?
>This excercise and bench press are the only ones that my performance goes way down if I havent slept/eaten well

There's your answer, sleep and eat well.
You should be focusing in pulling with your elbows and not your arms, like in a lat pulldown or barbell row, it feels like you're working your back more.
>>
>>42552628
I kinda messed up with the writing. Even on days im with full energy , maybe an energy drink right before the exercise, and it seems to make me struggle more. Im starting to think that I have a problem with one of my front deltoids and that's the same reason why im struggling in bench press as well.
>>
Honestly you're probably just weak overall.

I do PPL and lift 6 days a week.

I do Weighted Chin-ups 4x5 and 3x15+ Pull-ups on Pull (a).

On Pull (b) I do Weighted Wide-Grip Pull-ups 4x5 and 3x15+ Neutral-Grip Pull-ups.

So I'm doing 4 different kinds od pull-ups every week on my Pull days.

Maybe increase your variety of the types of pull-ups you do, believe it or not but all the variations carry over to each other and actually make you stronger overall on all.
>>
>>42552651
delts don't even activate in pullups, if they did i would have massive delts.
t.masive lats.

honestly i'd say just do more pullups.
do reverse pyramids or do 5x10 til you can't
>>
>>42552651
I don't know much about the situation, you need to give a lot of information about your training and eating habits so we can help you.
Maybe you need a deload, maybe your form is not correct, maybe your routine is too advanced for your level, maybe you're not eating enough protein, or maybe you're just paranoid and you're doing them correctly. According to Eric Helms, in compound movements, as you add more weight / reps, you can't always feel 100% the muscles you're trying to work, this is because of the nature of the exercise (it uses too much muscles), and if you're not feeling it 100% it doesn't mean it's wrong, at the end of the day, if you're keeping good form and pulling up you are still working the muscles needed for doing a pull up(back, biceps, triceps, etc).
>>
>>42552676
Oh I should mention.

On Pull days I start with the weighted pull-up/chin-up first. Then I do the bodyweight pull-ups after I doing some Rows and Shrugs, then I hit biceps last.
So I do the weighted pull-ups fresh, and the 15+ rep bodyweight pull-ups after all the Rows and Shrugs, so I go into them exhausted from those other exercises, this I feel really helps with ensuring your body learns to use the correct muscles when performing the pull-up.
>>
>>42552676
Considering I am weak overall that doesn't really give an answer.
Since I am having progress in all other exercises, and im stuck in 4x8 pull ups for like 2 months I am feeling something aint right.

>>42552705
I was thinking of hanging myself to the upper position of a pull up for as long as I can. Some guy at the gym who is an ex pro athlete said his trainer told him to do that.
Thinking of doing that after every day workout, but im afraid that next day my back will be tired af to even try normal pull ups.

>>42552716
That thing you wrote about hte compound movements gave me a relief to be fiar. Maybe As you re saying it's just in my mind, because the technique according to my gymbro is fine in most of my reps.
>>
>>42552676
Man you're full of yourself. Post body. You probably look like shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.