[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(Advanced) program for posted for opinions and/or insipiration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fdgrg.jpg (36KB, 503x547px) Image search: [Google]
fdgrg.jpg
36KB, 503x547px
Sup /fit/

I'm bored so I'll be posting the program that I intend to embark on and I'd like to hear some non-retarded opinions on it and/or even inspire one or two of you.

First some disclaimers:

1) I will be eating a lot of calories, proteins, fats etc, and will definately be on a caloric surplus during the coming several months, so recovery etc. should be alright. I'm not getting enough sleep though, which is something I'll have to work on.

2) I am between 6'4 and 6'5 and about 240 lbs. I have been lifting for a number of years but it's been very on/off, even though I have managed to build some decent strength and looks - see pic related (some of you may remember the pic from a few years back when I was posting here more often. Cba to take a new one).

This program will be a full body 4 times a week. I have never done a full body routine before, so I thought I would try it and see how it goes.

The routine should probably only be performed by intermediate+ lifters and I reckon you'll need a lot food and sleep as mentioned above, as doing a full body routine 4 times a week will be pretty taxing, I reckon.

The main focus of the routine is heavy compound lifts (Bench, squat, DL of various kinds, rows and OHP) with progressive overload from week to week. Also, the routine is a mix of "regular" lifts and olympic lifts. I love olympic lifting but I don't really have the build for it, unfortunately.

I have added some lifts that I find fun to do but these lifts likely aren't necessary, depending on your goals of course. I have added comments to the various lifts below, so you'll know which ones I mean.

Main post is too long, so I'll post the routine itself in the following comment.
>>
>>42551586
>Tuesday:
- Bench 5x5 (nothing to add here)
- Back Squat 5x5 (I personally prefer LB)
- Chinups 3x6 (increase weight every week)
- Olympic DL/Clean DL 3x3 (See Klokov explaining the lift at 26:30 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tycd7W0oI&t=1938s. I tried it recently and it's amazing for the traps and the lower back)
- Incline DB 3x8 press (Nothing to add here)
- Bicep exercise of your choice 3x6-8 (Use high weight)
- Calves (if you want)

>Thursday
- Clean 4x1 (These aren't really necessary considering the rows and DLs but I find them fun)
- OHP 5x5 (nothing to add here)
Front squat 5x2-3 (nothing to add here)
- Row 5x5 (nothing to add here)
Negative, snatch grip DL 3x5 (it's called negative right?)
- Dips 3x6 (nothing to add here)
- Skullcrushers 3x8 (nothing to add here)
- Calves (if you want)

>Saturday
- Bench 5x5 (nothing to add here)
- Squat 5x5 (nothing to add here)
- Row 5x5 (nothing to add here)
- Clean DL 3x3 (again, see the vid linked above) OR normal DL 5x3x1.
- Incline DB press 3x8 (nothing to add here)
- Calves (if you want)

>Sunday
- Hang cleans or regular cleans 4x1 (Probably not necessary)
- Front squat 5x2-3 (nothing to add here)
- OHP or push press - 3x5 (You may want to just stick with OHP. I just enjoy push press from both front squat and back squat position)
- Chinups 3x6 (nothing to add here, except you increase you weight every week as mentioned above)
dips 3x6
- Lateral raises 3x10 (nothing to add here)
- Bicep exercise of your choice 3x6-8 (nothing to add here)
- Skullcrushers 3x8 (nothing to add here)

If you need to skip a workout, try making sure it's the one on Saturday or Sunday. If it's the Saturday one, you'll want to perform the Saturday workout on Sunday instead. If it's the sunday workout, you just skip it.

I'll be trying this program for the next weeks and hopefully I'll see an increase in strength (and aesthetics). If some of you want, I can give you an update in a month or so.
>>
>>42551590
I can see I missed some "-", sorry about that.

Feel free to ask if something needs clarification.
>>
>>42551586
Stats? Also mirin
>>
>>42551619
Pls respond
>>
>>42551619
>>42551654

>Squat: 4plate (180 kg) for 5x5. Last time I tested 1 RM it was 5 plate (220 kg).
>DL: Last time I tested 1RM it was 6½ plate (280 kg)
>Bench: 3plate x 3 (not sure what my 1RM is)

My OHP is pretty shit, since I've always neglected it, which I'll be trying to remedy now. It's probably at best 1½ plate (80 kg) for 5 reps.
>>
>>42551698
Nice. I have noticed that there is no Work for abs or core in general in the program but your core looks pretty >solid. What gives?
>>
>>42551756
You can add it if you want, I am just always too lazy to do any.

As far as my own core goes, it's from doing the mentioned exercises. I guess the ol' meme about squat, DL etc. buildings abs holds true.
>>
Candito's intermediate is pretty sexy.
>>
>>42551835
Is this similar, or what are you implying? I don't really follow him
>>
>>42551791
Cool man.

Im on SS at the moment and basically a beginner, so i probably wont try this right away' but ill screen cap and look at it again in half a year or so.

Have you followed a program or what had been you Main routine? Also natty?
>>
>>42551586
>>42551590
didn't read, just do n-suns
>>
>>42551958
Never really followed an actual program like SS, madcows 5x5 etc. I kinda wish I had when I was a beginner, since I basically had no clue what I was doing during my first couple of years of training.

In recent time I've mostly been doing a push/pull routine for 4-5 times a week but I've been wanting to try something new, hence this post.

>>42551974
No, I wanna be a special snow flake and design my own.

If my turns out to be badly, I'll check it out though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.