[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I Join the Army, does the need to work out go away?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1283.jpg (208KB, 985x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1283.jpg
208KB, 985x1400px
If I Join the Army, does the need to work out go away?
>>
>>42550656
Depends on where you are and what you're doing
>Yes if you consider 6 hours of sleep and mopping floors a workout
>>
>>42550656
Nah bro, joining the military just makes you want to exercise more. You will hate everything, and the best way to get that out is through the gym.
>>
Nope, you spend a lot of time doing nothing. Military has plenty of fat people who only do mandatory PT, and then fill their faces with food and beer. Also: don't join infantry to be /fit/ because it wears your body out.
>>
>>42550656
The military has one of the worst goddamn programs I've ever experienced. Almost as bad as crossfit. You run until your joints are fucked, then they have you do weighted running which fucks them for life. I still have chronic foot and knee pain.

You don't get to eat a whole lot, and barely get to sleep at all. You're basically in a cycle of breaking your body down and not being able to rebuild it.

I'm certain either the lack of sleep, or the lack of oxygen to my brain during long runs, has made me significantly dumber. I can't remember things that I used to be able to easily remember, like phone numbers, tasks that require multiple steps, thing like that. I can't even remember which things I can't remember anymore. Lost much of my eloquence too. That's probably a part of their program though desu, turn you into a retarded killing machine. The physical exercises are chosen because they don't require expensive gym equipment, so hey fuck your joints because we feel like being cheap...
>>
>>42550656
the need to be yourself goes away and youre slowly turned into a dicipline-crazed workaholic

don't do military, kids
>>
>>42550895
>tfw infantry OSUT in 08
>>
>>42551011
POG life is comfy though. Much better than being in the trades, being in uni, or being a NEET. I'm happy I joined.
>>
>>42550918
this desu
military training (and most training for law enforcement/fire/government jobs) is still stuck in an 80s way of thinking. Sports science has advanced but they're still stuck in the past. If anything you need to spend a lot of your free time working out in the gym in order to maintain an adequate strength base in order to reduce your chance of being injured.
>>
>>42551157
Amen brother. Joinning the army turned my life around. I used to be on the verge of neetdom abd slowly getting out of shape. I used to procrastinate an awfull lot too. Now it's all the opposite and I'm much more focused in my day to day life with a lot more discipline, even got a thicc girlfriends (not fat, the real thicc) with an ass and thighs worth dying for
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.