[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 43

File: asdrfg.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
asdrfg.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
/QTDDTOT/ - Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Ask stupid shit instead of flooding the board with threads
>>
How come I can do 47.5kg pemdlay rows but I need 32.5kg assistance on chin ups? Don't they both focus on lats+biceps? Doesn't make sense for one to be so far behind.
>>
what's a good breakfast for someone who doesn't do much exercise but lives a productive lifestyle?
>>
File: 1500918504588.png (1MB, 1268x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500918504588.png
1MB, 1268x1080px
so the 1/2/3/4 meme is for 1RM or for 5 reps?
>>
>>42551106
Are you white/european? Skip breakfast eat lunch.
>>
>>42550524
I'm like skeletal but still have a small "belt of fat" flab going on and my pecs are flabby. I guess I'd call myself a good base for moving towards lifting and build muscle but I want this flab gone first. What does one do?

6'2"
160-170lbs
23 years old
>>
I've been lifting for about two months, and on the bench, I'm still having trouble feeling chest activation. I haven't been bumping up my weights because I'm worried about my potentially shit form, but I've watched a lot of videos and doing all the bringing down shoulders and arching back stuff. Is it normal not to feel it very much in your chest at lower weights? I feel cable crossovers pretty intensely.
>>
>>42550686
I think that the biceps focus on pendaly rows depends on your grip, and even with a supinated grip, I think chin ups requires more bicep strength.
Or maybe you're fat and just simply can't chin up your own weight.
>>
>>42551164
You start lifting right now, and keep losing weight.
>>
File: 4ever-eph-01pk.jpg (84KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
4ever-eph-01pk.jpg
84KB, 200x180px
I'm going from Europe to Canada to visit some family, if I were to load up on some ephedrine bottles would customs have a problem?
>>
>>42551174
>bench
Inclines, declines..
>>
>>42551220
Oh see I thought it was cut, then bulk. I wasn't aware I could do both. So start lifting, high protein low fat, and do some running?
>>
Can anyone share some "secret" high protein/fiber foods that are easy to incorporate into the diet (i.e. not disgusting)? For example, I recently discovered chia seeds were high in both and they basically don't taste like anything so I've been adding them to a bunch of stuff.
>>
What is the best at-home leg day workout?

Idealy something that either requires small storable equipment or none at all
>>
How do I start swimming for ottermode? I just want to get out of skinnyfat so bad.
>>
Is yoga a beneficial thing to try following your workout? Or is a regular stretch sufficient?
>>
I'm tired of doing SL I wasn't to switch to something else. Would 5/3/1 be a good option?
>>
How do you plan your meals?
>>
How the fuck do you mew? I try to find videos and shit on it but all I find is Pokemon and cat videos. How do I know if I'm doing it right?
>>
>>42551518
When you're a beginner, you're going to gain muscle mass even in a cut, obviously, less than when you're bulking. So, lift, keep losing fat to whatever point you want to, then lean bulk.
>>
>>42552543
Yes, 5/3/1 is a solid choice and many people on /fit/ do it after SS/SL with fairly consistent results.
>>42551805
Body squats, seated leg raises, calf raises, you can get some adjustable dumbbells that take up barely any space.
>>42551174
It's not a bad idea to focus on form. Make sure you're going low enough otherwise you'll only feel it in your arms unless you're just not benching heavily enough for your chest yet.
>>42551129
Most people say for 5 reps. And by most people I mean people on /fit/ who aren't DYELs or shit/baitposters.
>>
What does 1/2/3/4 mean?
>>
>>42552081
I would swim on my rest days. If you're doing something like a PPL which I'm assuming not if you're skinnyfat, I wouldn't know. Otherwise just do it until you have to stop swimming like 3 times.
>>42552297
Yoga's good. Any stretching is good. As long as you're covering as much of your body as you can, it's fine.
>>42553810
It's just a shorthand for the initial strength goals for any DYEL looking to get /fit/. The numbers refer to the 4 main lifts and the number of 45 lb plates on each side of a standard olympic barbell. In order, it's a 135 lb overhead press, 225 lb flat bench, 315 lb back squat, and 405 lb deadlift. This is what people refer to when they say shit like 2pl8, 3pl8, etc. Even if it'd be easier to just type the number.
>>
File: 1499551392617.png (313KB, 440x485px) Image search: [Google]
1499551392617.png
313KB, 440x485px
>>42553788
thanks man have a Dougie for you help
>>
I just started 5x5 today I have a few questions. It's too easy right now, when does it get harder? Do I space out the workouts? Do I drink a protein shake before or after? Will this be bad for weight loss if I'm a fat fuck?
>>
>>42553918
I'm doing SS for 6 months total and added in shit like lat raises, incline bench, calf raises, etc. just because I got bored only doing a couple exercises a day and also wanted to target specific muscles more. Just follow the 5 pound a workout LP until you start having issues if you don't want to add on accessories. I'd probably still give it a little while before I changed or added anything, you are still a beginner after all.
>>
File: serge gainsbourg.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
serge gainsbourg.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
I really want to do some cardio, but at the same time I'm trying to let my leg muscles atrophy/shrink (recovering from Starting Strength).
Is marathon style okay for this purpose? Would I need to have a caloric deficit?

Also, I eventually wanna start doing HIIT, probably sprinting. As long as I don't have a caloric surplus, my leg muscles wouldn't grow right?
>>
>>42554010
eat maintenance. doing cardio will be enough if you're actually doing cardio.
>>
File: giphy.gif (723KB, 270x279px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
723KB, 270x279px
Fat fuck here (178cm/103kg/~30%BF), started SL5x5 with 5x3 Power Cleans instead of Barbell Rows and read the SS Book. Started with 35kg/45kg/60kg/80kg and Power cleans parallel to Bench Press. Here are my questions:

1. I added Dips + Lying Tricep Extensions on Bench Day and Chin Ups + Barbell Curls on OHP day. Stronglifts says to do the Extensions/Curls 2x8, but Mark says to do sets of 10-15. What do I do? 3x10, 3x12, 3x15 or something? I have 0.675g plates so I can add 1.25kg per workout, no problem.

2. Talking of Chin ups, I can't do a single chin up and my gym doesn't have an assistance machine for this. I can use rubber bands or do "negatives" where I jump to the top and lower myself slowly. Or whatever you guys recommend, I don't know. Help?

3. I'm on a cut. Should I do cardio? Something like running with some program (couch to 5k?). The reason I'm asking is because, while lifts are now easy, it might make them suffer further down the line if I'm squatting my 5RM and running 5k on the same day, and then do the same again in 2 days.
>>
>>42554198
Why not do cardio the days between lifting?
>>
>>42554230
/fit/ veterans claim that rest days should be literal REST days.

If you're gonna heavy Squat and Deadlift tomorrow, do you really want to wear your legs down? It makes sense, I guess.
>>
>>42554324
It's not like you're not resting. What about saturday and sunday? It's not like cardio is gonna fuck you up that much compared to lifting.
>>
>>42554343
I don't know man, that's why I'm asking. Will it?

The other advantage I can think of, is if I'm doing some HIIT program on a rowing machine, I'll need to be at the gym and I only plan to go 3 times/week. I'd appreciate your input, so tell me how to tempo out 3 cardio sessions per week.
>>
>>42554385
I'm doing HIIT on an elliptical trainer twice a week between my lifting days, and I gotta say, lifting takes a much larger toll on my body. I was suppose to lift today, but my squatting form seems to be pretty shit and my leg isn't doing so good so I decided to rest instead. But if you think you can handle it, you could do cardio after lifting. It's not really necessary, but if you wanna lose weight faster, sure.
>>
>>42554422
>>42554422
>I was suppose to lift today, but my squatting form seems to be pretty shit and my leg isn't doing so good so I decided to rest instead.

Here goes the obvious. How do you know you're not tired from the HIIT session yesterday?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
is this achievable natty? how?
>>
>>42554479
Because I can tell I'm doing something wrong when I squat, and not just when I run. Whatever fatigue I may be getting from cardio, it's much worse when it comes to lifting.
>>
>>42554550
No but you'll probably be banned for it
>>
Is there a way to self massage every muscle?
>>
>>42554576
Shit, because I've got actual questions about getting /fit/ and lifting
>>
>>42554595

It wont stunt your growth.
>>
>>42554601
No, its not that. Im already 6'4 so I ain't too worried about my height
>>
>>42554198
Bump.
>>
>>42550524
Dirty Bulk for 3 months
Cut 1 month to not have a huge task on the final cutting before summer
Dirty Bulk for 3 months
Final Cut

Will this thing work? Or should I not stop my bulk in the middle of it?
>>
If im cutting and don't want the protein powder to taste like crap. Can i add fat free milk and still consider it a cut? Or should I stick with water?
>>
>>42554713
you can consider it a cut if your daily calorie intake stays 300+ below your TDEE
>>
>>42554713
Just buy protein powder with a taste brah. Even during my cut I actually put 0% fat chocolate milk . You can stick your programme to work with those.
>>
>>42554198
Read this article:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html
>>
>>42554713
The only thing that is important for a cut is that you're eating below your TDEE, it doesn't matter if your protein powder goes with milk, bacon, or a lb of peanut butter.
>>
Any opinions about c5k or general information?
>>
I want to learn the Olympic lifts (snatch, c+j) but I am not strong enough to even clean the bar yet. What should I do in the meantime to build strength and explosivity?
>>
When should I breathe out during deadlift? At the top of the lift or when I am done
>>
>>42554853
Nice. Cardio it is.

What about the arm workout?
>>
>>42554954
are you ill?
>>42554964
can be both, find what works for you.
typically it'd be at the top of the lift, if you can maintain your intra-abdominal pressure that is
>>
Whats the deal with chia seeds? What do they do and why should I add them to my diet?
>>
File: 1502782441572.jpg (573KB, 1419x1806px) Image search: [Google]
1502782441572.jpg
573KB, 1419x1806px
What happened to BWG bodyweight threads? Haven't seen one in weeks...
>>
>>42555489
I wanna stick my head in there
>>
So I'm gonna buy the stronglifts 5x5 app, what are all of the rules for 5x5?

What are the rest times?

Can I do chin ups or curls at the end of each session?

What percentage do I deload if I fail a set?

Is it worth buying the app?

How do warm up sets work, like what percentage of my working weight do I use and how many sets and reps? Is it the same for all of the different lifts? for example would bench press warm up sets be the same rule as with squats?
>>
I injured my shoulder. Orthos say it'll take two months to heal.

Anyone have a routine or suggestions for someone who can't raise their arm, pull, or push? How do you run a strictly legs/core routine?
>>
>>42555787
I never bought the app, but most of that info he covers on his site.

Rest times range from like 1 to 5 minutes, depending on how hard the last set was.

Chin ups and dips are acceptable assistance exercises, but he says not to do that until you've been doing stronglifts for 8 weeks. Don't do curls.

10% deload, if you fail a weight three times in a row.

Add 25-45 lbs per warmup set. Start with two sets with the bar.
>>
>>42551141
Why would his race matter
>>
How much protein is safe to ingest from powder a day? Is there a limit?
>>
File: IMG_1823.jpg (62KB, 627x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1823.jpg
62KB, 627x461px
At what point should I look into creatine? Is getting baldness from it a meme?
>>
how much can too much food make you gain water weight in a short period?

i seriously gained 9/10 pounds after eating some pizza and fries. even after shitting and pissing my weight only dropped 5 lbs.you can't gain 10 lbs of fat in a day... wtf?

here's how it went:

friday(I think): 4000 calories of pizza shit; weight 190 lbs
sat/sun: 2000 calories of normal food; weight 190 lbs
monday: 4000 calories of pizza shit; weight 189 lbs (morning)
tuesday: 4000 calories, weight 199 lbs (morning)

today i got down to 195, the fuck man

my tdee is about 2500, i've been around 190 for a couple months because i lost the will to cut any more, trying to get it together though.
>>
File: gravel.jpg (78KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
gravel.jpg
78KB, 655x380px
>>42556614

1 gallon of water weighs 8lbs.
every gram of simple carb (non fiber,, pizza crust) holds 3 gms of water.
the normal fluids you have to guzzle to down that food is enough to put you here and there.

>you need a better journal system, too.
>>
>>42556634

okay but why was my weight not jacked up so much the first morning after i binged? it didn't change at all. it seriously just seems random. or did it take a few days for it to happen, i just don't get it.

i'm trying to get on the scale every day now just for consistency, and ive been logging my food for almost 500 days straight
>>
Starting an intermediate program now, thinking about hopping on Wendler's 5/3/1. Anyone done this before and care to share their thoughts?
>>
File: 1502935680747.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502935680747.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>42550524
I'm cutting at -500 tdee and lifting 4x a week. Losing a steady 1lb a week for about a month now. If i wanted to speed up the process, can i eat a greater deficit and maybe workout more? What's the fastest you can cut safely while keeping your gains?
>>
Is it bad to just keep deadlifting and/or doing pullups throughout the day? There's a gym in a my apartment building with a barbell and it's so goddamn convenient to go down there every hour and do 1x5 DL. Useful or diminishing returns?
>>
>>42556660

You body is not at the ultra low and ultra carb levels to see changes with just one meal.

You know how cauliflower ear people cut weight / water to make a certain weight class for fighting / humping ? Well, they are extremely messing with their system, so one meal can make a difference.

Similar to Dexter Jackson, pro bb, who can go weeks without any carbs,,,, then eat 10 pancakes and blow up to twice his size due to water. But normal people can't do that magic.
>>
>>42554825
Best not to mention that you're underage, mate. Might not get a whole lot of replies that aren't "lmao underage b@". Height and weight will be fine, good lower body lifts for age though.
I'd say yeah, focus on upper body. Try out more volume and frequency and what not. Don't forget to OHP, too. It could help your bench out. Expect slower progress, though; you probably just have long arms or something.
good luck bb
>>
anyone have some good chicken marinades? tired of just rubbing in salt/papper/garlic desu
>>
File: lookin bad.jpg (575KB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lookin bad.jpg
575KB, 1440x1280px
How can I make my torso look wider from the front? Will the gap in my chest get smaller when my pecs get bigger?

In the pic I'm kneeling down because I needed the camera to be at my torso's level.
>>
Is it possible to flex hard enough to break one of your own bones?
>>
>>42556421
bump
>>
File: 1426354221559.jpg (14KB, 233x270px) Image search: [Google]
1426354221559.jpg
14KB, 233x270px
>>42556841
You're not really this stupid are you?
>>
I'm discovering that I'm somewhat lactose intolerant. So no casein or whey anymore. Any one have any suggestions or brands of qaulity protein, not derived from milk? I was thinking NOW's egg white powder protein. But I am really quite unsure.
>>
>>42556421
>>42556875
Yes there definitely is a limit to protein intake... There is only so much your body can absorb but it really does depend on how fast you metabolize protein. I'm pretty sure everyone is different, so just follow some calculators on how much protein to add to your diet. At a certain point you just piss it out or get kidney pain if you consume a retarded amount of protein. Honestly it's probably more about when you take it versus how much you take; I just take like 25-35 grams twice a day and that seems to be fine
>>
>>42556880
Don't overestimate me.
>>
206lb's February extremely fat fuck
171lb's now, still fat fuck
When will I reach skinnyfat mode?
6'0 btw (183cm)
>>
If im cutting at 1700 calories a day and I do about 500 calories worth of running every day should I be eating 2200 calories a day or 1700 a day.
>>
>>42556920
But does it matter if I were to eat 100g of protein from meat/milk/etc. vs straight from powder in a day for example?
>>
What causes protein farts? Does the body ever adjust or am I doomed to be forever alone as long as I consume protein?
>>
I'm a currently 140 pound female. I broke my foot and gained weight during my slothful recovery and I want to ECA stack until I get back down to my normal weight (~10 pounds) as I start to reintroduce cardio and weightlifting into my day.

A couple of questions:

- how important is the aspirin? can I skip that?

- how often should I take them? I had planned on twice a day but i took some this morning and ~15 hours later still feel completely wired to the point I don't know how I'm going to sleep.
>>
How to become a power bottom? What kind of diet do I need to be "always ready"?
>>
>>42557288
Unless you live in Canada it's very doubtful that you have legit ephedrine. It's more likely to be some kind of designer drug stimulant. In other words you don't know wtf you're taking and what the effect is going to be.

Anyway at your bodyweight you should obviously ease into it and only gradually increase dosage as you increase tolerance. You are NOT supposed to feel amped up for the fat burning effect. This is a misconception.

I believe Lyle McDonald used to have a good guide lying around somewhere. But again, if it's not legit ephedrine, I'm not sure I would bother. Well, provided it's safe (which you cannot know) a strong stimulant will help suppress appetite and still keep you going, so there's that.
>>
>>42557076
idk I was talking about powder, honestly I have no clue but eat all the food you want
>>
>>42557333
I have bronkaid. The caffeine I took was 200 mg and I think I might try cutting it in half tomorrow.

It definitely helped suppress my appetite as I barely ate and probably would not have eaten at all if I didn't force myself to have dinner.

I was also pretty productive at work surprisingly, so I may want to take this combo intermittently even after I've reached my goal when I need to study or get stuff done.

Thanks for your help anon.
>>
Is 437 ng/dl total T alright for a 18 year old?
My doctor is female and I think she's using standards for 40 year olds on me so I don't really trust her.
>>
>>42551174
pull the bar apart when you are lowering it.
>>
>>42557082
eating too much of one source of protein, or excess protein in the body
eat less protons or push your lifts a lil more
>>
http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/teen-girl-dies-after-doing-100-squats/

How many squats before you die?
>>
>>42551750
there are no secrets, only memes

oats are pretty good and have both protein and fiber
>>
>>42554684
you should put some maintenance in between bulks n cuts
weird shit could happen if you dont
>>
>>42557025
171 is fine for your height. start lifting
>>
Any advantages of HIIT swimming over low intensity standard swimming cardio? Other than time efficiency.
>>
>>42556833
Big lats and shoulders will make you look bigger from the front, my favorites for each are bent over BB rows, weighted chins/pull ups, OHP, and high volume lateral raises
The gap will look a little bit smaller, but for the most part it'll still be there. It's not too bad, though. A big chest and higher bf% will hide it pretty well, though
>>
Ive started doing situps at home on two towels as padding and have gotten like heatburn just about my butt. Whenever I do them now it also really hurts for like the first 50 then goes away. Anyway to avoid this?
>>
File: 1364451484663.jpg (154KB, 800x456px) Image search: [Google]
1364451484663.jpg
154KB, 800x456px
>>42558359
>heatburn just about my butt
pic related

Stop doing situps, once you go past the "crunch" range of motion it becomes a hip flexor exercise. Do crunches, leg lifts, planks, bicycles instead.
>>
>>42558395
I'm doing it to get a flatter stomach/hopefully a six pack and am doing 225 a day. Wouldn't doing a sit-up though incorporate the benefits of a crunch and hip flexor
>>
File: 1388554578640.jpg (28KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
1388554578640.jpg
28KB, 300x295px
>>42558430
Are you trolling? Situps do not give you a flatter stomach, losing bodyfat through diet, give you a flatter stomach.

Google what hip flexors are, they have nothing to do with flatter stomachs. Also 225 reps is fucking stupid.

READ THE STICKY
>>
>>42558468
Im doing 15 at a time in-between reps of weights including 40-80minutes of cycling a day and am seeing results since i added the situps, just wanted a solution to my heatburn but thanks m8 for the info
>>
File: IMG_3939.jpg (118KB, 722x962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3939.jpg
118KB, 722x962px
been lifting since february, 5'7
165pounds, started around 135ish

I need to know what i should be working on more.
>>
What's this called?

I'm looking for a chain with a carabiner (?), so I can tie the chain around a plate.
>>
Are dumbbell/barbell curls supposed to be hard to progress? Am a skinnyfat noob and while my compound lifts are doing fine, I feel like I'm stuck at a 60lb barbell for a little while now. What do?
>>
>>42558590
Not to be a dick but literally everything
>>
>>42558105
Bump... Bump... BUMP
>>
How easy is it to go from 5x5 to 3x8 without decreasing weight?
>>
>>42558857
alright. ill hit the gym more often and see how it goes after few months
>>
Where do rows fit into 1/2/3/4 plates?
>>
>>42558881
i find every 4 weeks i can do that
>>
Sometimes, during and for some hours after a workout, I get a cough and sore throat. Anyone knows what could be the reason? All I can think of is either some underlying infection or maybe I'm allergic at something in the gym?
>>
>>42558881
Shouldn't be difficult. Increase reps instead of increasing weights each week.
>>
>>42551805
calf raises 1 set is 60 reps do 3-4 sets
nordic curls 1 set is 5 reps do 5 sets

and really the best quads exercise you can get is the Single Leg Squat - 5sets 5 reps each leg.
you can go with
Rocking SLS
Negative SLS (descend should be 5-10 secs)
SLS

Assisted SLS is bad because Negative SLS builds strength much more quicker
>>
>>42552297
Yoga is better for people who don't know what they are doing or for people who aren't sure that what they are doing is correct
>>
>>42554385
lmao cardio won't fuck your squats and deadlifts. Cardio means heart not legs. Just try it and see for yourself if cardio is hindering your squats lmao
>>
>>42554713
fat free milk = vitamin free milk
All the vitamins in milk are fat soluble. there are better ways
>>
I'm 6'2 and I've been working out for 2 years now. I didn't bulk the first 1,5 years but still got some strenght gains (However very slow compared to other beginners). After 1,5 years my stats were
60kg (1pl8) OHP
85kg (190ish) bench
100kg (225) squat
140kg (315) Deadlift

I started bulking July 1 and holy crap the gains are insane. Used to be 80kg (185) bodyweight but am currently at 90 (200lbs). I'm planing to bulk up to 105 (235).

My question is: Was the first 1,5 years wasted because I didn't want to gain weight or will it help me out in the long run somehow?
>>
>>42555489
I think Karen is mad at us and left 4chan. You making progress with bw, mate? Learned any new skills?
>>
>>42557082
Drink your shake in 2 gos. Drink half. Take 30-60 mins. Drink other half.
>>
>>42558487
You can do them on the bed or soft surface. Your skin is squashed between the floor and the spinal processes of your lumbar vertebrae. Towels are not sufficient. A thin pillow might work.

What the other guy said is true, though. You won't be seeing results for long with situps. If you ever decide to change the strategy, check out Hollow Body Holds. After you can do 5x60seconds go into Dragon Flags negatives 5x5 reps into Dragon Flags 5x5 reps. (and use youtube to see proper form, these will get you the six pack)
>>
Been working out for a good 3 weeks now and already lost 5 pounds, used scooby's custom meal planner thing, pretty nifty.

Currently a skinny fat on a cut and I was wondering, is my idea of cutting to 10-9% body fat, and switch to bulking/maintaining to around 12-13% and keep switching is a good idea or not? I'm currently 20ish% body fat now.
>>
>>42559947
It will be hard and slow, but could work very well for someone who wants to be ripped from the beginning :)
>>
>>42554964
at the bottom
if you breath at the top you'll lose all tightness
>>
>>42559977
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>42559993
Nope, go for it!
>>
>>42560032
Not even the guy you originally replied to, but you're being too obvious now.
>>
>>42553841
Can somebody else confirm that plate is supposed to be 45 pounds and not 55?

I'm not sure. But I thought a plate was supposed to be a 55pounder
>>
>>42560059
How long have you been on this board? It's 45lbs, or 20kg.
>>
>>42554684
Don't dirty bulk. Lean bulk. AND, after cutting you should eat 2 weeks at maintenance to restore your hormonal balance. When you're dieting for too long the body is predisposed to store the new calories as body fat, when you maintain for 2 weeks, you go back to your "normal" estate.
>>
>>42560071
not long im dyel/skinnyfat
>>
>>42560137
>Don't dirty bulk. Lean bulk
What's the difference?
>>
>>42556433
Start taking creatine right now. No, there are no side effects of creatine, only stomach pain (to some people) if you eat too much (20g or more in a serving). Consume 5g of creatine EVERY DAY, after a workout. In rest days, just consume it at whatever time you want with a normal meal.
>>42556686
You can eat at a greater deficit. But don't workout more. In a cut, your recovery and strength is already below optimal: less calories and more exercise could lead to bad things.
Just lower your calories by 100. I don't recommend going past 600, it could be too much and affect your lifts. Remember to take enough protein to preserve LBM.
>>42556687
I don't recommend doing this. Just stick to your program, doing more is NOT always better. Specially if you're a beginner. As you said, diminishing returns. You may not realize it now, but in the long run it will affect your recovery.
>>42556828
http://imgur.com/a/5nbmA
Plenty of /fit/ recipes. There are some chicken recipes in there too.
>>42557076
Ideally, protein should come from different sources, and usually whole foods. This because of minerals and vitamins. But there's no problem of using protein powder as a daily part of your protein intake. Obviously, if one day you can't or don't want to eat whole foods for X reason and you need to reach X amount of protein, just use the powder.
>>42558824
Yes, every exercise that isolates a muscle (barbell curl, skullcrush for triceps, etc) is harder than a compound. You WON'T be able to add weight at the same rate of your compounds. So, this is normal. If the rest or the majority of your lifts are going up, don't worry too much about it. Specially since biceps/triceps tend to get hit at the end of a workout (residual fatigue affects them).
To progress in curls, add Very little weight, maybe every 2 or 3 sessions.
>>
>>42560170
Calorie surplus during lean bulk is 200-500ish, dirty bulk 500+
>>
>>42560309
So if you're doing GOMAD you're gonna end up dirty bulking, is that it?
>>
>>42559947
Between 8 - 15% bodyfat, is the "best" percentage to bulk. This is because, the fatter you are the more fat you gain in a bulk, and the leaner you are, the more muscle you gain instead of fat.
For more info. read this:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
>>42560170
Lean bulk is eating a little above your TDEE (like 200-500 calories max).
This is recommended, because there's a limit to the rate of how much muscle your body can grow, independent of the food you are eating.
When you "dirt bulk" you will probably gain too much fat and regret it when you'll have to cut for months.
Obviously, if you don't care that much about fat, then go for it.
Read this:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-gain-math.html/
The surplus he recommends for beginners is 175 calories. But I think, and ideal would be 250 to account for the margin of error.
>>
>>42560316
Forgot to say something. You should be looking at the scale and get weekly averages. This way you can know almost exactly how much weight you're gaining. If you're not gaining enough, you add some calories, if you're gaining too much, you reduce. Adjust.
>>
>>42560315
Yep
>>
I want to lift 2-3 times a week but also keep playing basketball intensively. I've already done some strength training in the past, but I kinda let myself go lately.
I've narrowed my routine options down to the following:
>straight SS 2 or 3 times a week
>compound lifts in a TM style layout (hyper, rest, heavy)
>an upper/lower split with compounds

What would be the best routine to ensure strength gains while not hindering basketball performance?
>>
>>42550524
I finished cutting and started StrongLifts a month ago, and now I should start cutting again.

Is it reasonable to try to eat so I stay the same weight, as getting more muscle and not gaining total weight will end me up with less fat?
>>
>>42553918
It's supposed to be easy at first. You should use the first few weeks for practicing your form so you don't go in snapville when you start lifting heavier.
>>
Are those pull up bars you attach to door frames worth the money or am I just gonna break my neck with them
>>
File: 1488400597061.jpg (49KB, 374x358px) Image search: [Google]
1488400597061.jpg
49KB, 374x358px
>>42560520
>start cutting again
>Is it reasonable to try to eat so I stay the same weight
>>
File: 1502043886897.jpg (356KB, 669x491px) Image search: [Google]
1502043886897.jpg
356KB, 669x491px
>>42556421
Probably helpful drinking milk, or taking a calcium supplement, and drinking lots of water.

Extra protein is possibly beneficial for extra serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine.. not to mention energy levels, even from B production.
>>
File: Screenshot_196.jpg (84KB, 717x240px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_196.jpg
84KB, 717x240px
>>42556421
>>42560676
>>
File: 4aoT5.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4aoT5.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
Front squats feel more natural to me?

I am 6'4 with long legs and short torso, and front squats feel a lot better that lowbar to me, I dont have flexibility issues. I have read that it should be the opposite? Anyone else have this?

Can I replace lowbar with front squats?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-19-07-56-41.jpg (21KB, 268x178px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-19-07-56-41.jpg
21KB, 268x178px
>>42550524
Am I doing alright so far /fit/?
I'm tired of being a fatass
>>
>>42559847
You wasted the noob gains you could have had, but it wasn't all bad.
If you havent snapped your shit up you slowly trained your body to the movements, and more importantly your tendons.
>>
>>42560707
Holy fuck that's a beautiful pictrure

What do you mean with "feels better"? Is your f squat stronger than your lb squat?
>>
>>42560796
My FS is abysmal the same as my BS, (1pl8) but it doesn't feel like I'm dying while I do it. Will try to add weight next session to see.
>>
Why does my protein shake froth up so much? I have to sit around waiting for it to go down instead of gulping it down straight away.
>>
>>42560888
Too much protein not enough other stuff.

If you are sticking with a strict amount of powder, even it out with more of whatever other ingredients you use
>>
>>42560811
You need more lower back muscles and bigger core PROBABLY. What program/routine are you running?
>>
>>42560811
HIP DRAHVE
>>
>>42560465
Bump
>>
>>42550524
how do I count egg calories, without shell?
>>
File: 1456795668975.jpg (206KB, 877x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1456795668975.jpg
206KB, 877x1920px
posted this last thread but I think it's ded

Hey /fit/ explain this to me

I was eating at 1450 cal/day and lost weight really fast for a bit, but once I hit the low 70's it plateaued hard. I was basically stuck at the same measurements for months. Someone suggested I just turn around and bulk but I wasn't happy with the amount of visible body fat I still had on me.

So I've been increasing my intake by 100 or so calories every week. Now this week I've been eating at 1750 cal/day. My previous measurement last week was 168.4 lbs. I haven't even taken a shit today and weigh 167.6 lbs.

How the fuck could I be losing weight with more calories?
>>
>>42561078
Have you tried looking at the label?

Failing that,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/483205378
>>
>>42558155
thanks
>>
>>42561159
I'm not retarded
I asked if it's with shell or not since the label doesn't say anything about it, just 100g has x
>>
>>42561176
According to google, 10% of the egg weight comes from the shell.
>>
>>42560570
Get one that hooks over the opposite side of the doorframe you're hanging on, not one of those bullshit ones that sit directly between the doorframes. Leverage will prevent it from falling/fucking up your doorframes.
>>
>>42561078
Boil them, weigh the yoke and white seperate, google calories per gram for both of them, do light math work, and bam, calories per egg.

My question:
Obviosuly you have to cut your body fat down for visible abs, but can you actually get larger ones by lifting? My hips are a little wide and if my obliques were bigger then it would look way more aesthetic
>>
Best way to train calves? I don't have a specific machine for it. Do you just get a barbell on your back and do raises?

Is it best to maybe go to the smith machine and put plates under your toes? Would that potentially be harmful under too much weight if it stretches your calves out?
>>
Is peck deck a good substitute for db flyes? i fucking hate doing them
>>
I'm 3 days back into lifting after a long break. At first I was doing Starting Strength but I couldn't figure out how the warm up sets worked, so I bought the stronglifts 5x5 app as it does everything for you and tracks everything and now I'm doing this, but at 3x5, finishing off the session with 3x8 chin ups.

I went too heavy on squats today because you have to hunt for 1.25kg plates, so I've ordered some for myself and I'm gonna start taking them with me. After the squats with the warm ups and working sets my legs were fucked, my bench press went fine, but when it came to barbell rows (warm up set btw) my legs were trembling like fuck and I couldn't get my thighs in the angle to row at so I just left em and went on to do 3x8 chin ups.
>>
File: 1490590640494.png (388KB, 700x870px) Image search: [Google]
1490590640494.png
388KB, 700x870px
>>42561154
update: just took a shit and now I'm at 167.0, my lowest measurement ever.

what the fuck
>>
>>42561223
You hold a barbell up like with deadlift and do calf raises bro. Make sure to go heavy.
>>
If were to eat a Pizza while being certain I'm still within deficit (1500) I'll lose weight, yes?
>>
how to do ensure that your knees won't hyperextend at the top of a squat (or when stepping back from the rack) and still lock them?
>>
>>42561390
If you are in a caloric deficit, you should be losing weight.

>>42561398
If your knees can hyperextend at the end of a squat I doubt you're lifting enough weight to actually hurt yourself. Heavy squats are heavy, it's not like the weight hovers in the air at any point.
>>
Just started running and I naturally seem comfy at jogging pace of around 6mph. What's the supposed average running speed most people hang at?
>>
>>42561441
10 minute miles is as average as it gets.

Also never state your running speed in MPH ever again.
>>
>>42561441
what a silly question
>>
>>42561477
So 2.68m/s is nothing special? Seems odd because I haven't really bothered to run before.
>>
File: exercise levels.png (40KB, 779x136px) Image search: [Google]
exercise levels.png
40KB, 779x136px
I've been doing 30 mins of cardio daily and some lifting (starting strength for now, since my form and endurance are shit).

Would that be moderately active?
>>
>>42561376
Don't you want your heels to go below toe level though, to get full range of motion?
>>
>>42561591
Oh, so you might say you've been doing exercise 1 to 3 days a week, with light jogging 3 to 4 days a week?
>>
>>42561654
i bike 7-8 miles 6 days a week and on 4 of those days i lift as well
>>
>>42551164
I have been in exactly your situation multiple times. 6'2" with resting weighting 165-175. If you consciously have to avoid getting fat then you might want to cut first, but in my case I'm always trying to eat more. If you're like me go ahead and start lifting while eating at maintenance or a slight surplus. Putting on muscle will better distribute what fat you do have.
>>
File: superman.jpg (89KB, 711x1002px) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
89KB, 711x1002px
Can I train neck 3 times a week? I currently do PPLPPLx and hit it twice a week but want to do neck every other day essentially. Is that too much or is it fine?
>>
>>42550524
6'1, 195 lbs. 155/245/405/500.

Should I do a TM split or 531 BBB? I want to keep workouts <90 minutes, preferably closer to 60. I'll fuck around with arms and cardio on off days when I have time, just looking to do 2 big compounds and a couple accessories on each day.
>>
>>42561363
Bump
>>
File: 1486183159585.jpg (395KB, 777x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1486183159585.jpg
395KB, 777x1087px
>>42561365
>>42561154
prease

have more anime musclegirls
>>
File: bod.jpg (28KB, 770x416px) Image search: [Google]
bod.jpg
28KB, 770x416px
what's the easiest way for me to increase my aesthetics(which are 100% subjective but I mean the Type of aesthetics modernly deemed proper) without changing my diet,which is based on taste?
I never lifted nor do I feel like I need to. recommend calisthenics routine.
>>
>>42561154
if you eat more you poop more.
Eat less to give bigger, this is well-known. your body shall learn to adapt to fewer calories and make them more efficient.
>>
>>42562356
>without changing my diet,which is based on taste?
a diet is not based on taste. It's based on consumption. Diet is half of changing your body. You cannot grow or shrink without also changing to a proper diet.
>>
>>42562373
>if you eat more you poop more.
but that wouldn't explain the plateau for the last 2 months, hovering around the same weight.
>>
>>42562381
People don't keep account of everything.
YOU say you"plateau" did you really?
Did you notice differences in your pooping matterns?
>>
File: weight.png (50KB, 691x1015px) Image search: [Google]
weight.png
50KB, 691x1015px
>>42562395
>YOU say you"plateau" did you really?
If it was only two weeks, sure, probably overreacting. But this has been for a while now.

I'm pretty autistic about measuring and weighing after pooping.
>>
>>42562356
just do some 200 sit-ups and pushups a day for 2 months and you'll look great.
>>42562412
Plateaus don't exist in the body, I am positive you were going up-and-down but too quick to notice.

Anyway just stick to intermetent fasting.
>>
>>42562417
>am positive you were going up-and-down but too quick to notice.
but is that not impossible in a 750 deficit? Even if I did misjudge my intake by 300 cal or so, it would still be a 400 cal deficit. Even with fucking fail days the overall progress should be noted.
>>
>>42562440
I can't diagnose what was wrong with your body but I can gib advice for the future.
eating a lot never does good, only roiding apes need unnatural amounts of calories.
check your calories or you'll get a stroke,too.

Also if you skip break-fast you gain more weight.
>>
>>42562457
>Also if you skip break-fast you gain more weight.

what kind of retard bro-science mom-myth is this
>>
>>42562501
you don't deserve help but ill clarify to prove my brilliance.
sumo wrestlers skip their break-fasts.
>>
Best shake for gain weight without protein powder or peanut butter? im not even trying to gain muscle,im just trying to escape auschwitz mode,and peanut butter is very expensive where i live.If it reaches 700-800 calories its perfect.
>>
File: 1380749073348.png (466KB, 604x602px) Image search: [Google]
1380749073348.png
466KB, 604x602px
I really want the skin on my face to be smoother. I'm not educated on lotions or skin products, can anyone help me? Maybe just one or two products that are legit and can improve my facial skin

I don't want to overdo it either. I just want a healthy glow
>>
File: IMG_2114.jpg (41KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2114.jpg
41KB, 598x450px
Is starting strength good for building muscle or just CNS improvement?
>>
>>42562510
>sumo wrestlers skip their break-fasts.

that doesn't explain anything at all. Please stop posting in this thread.
>>
>>42562536
Just buy nuts. Surely there are canned or bagged nuts for cheap near you. Nuts are calorie dense and tasty.
>>
>>42562680
Both. It's not good for hypertrophy but no on but a skelly will be entering hypertrophy while on SS.

>>42562619
I've heard great things about coconut oil. Look into it.
>>
I've had the squirts for like 5 days.

I just want to work out. ;_;

When will this end? I'm pretty sure I have a worm.
>>
>>42561363
>>42562196
Where is the '?'
>>
>>42562772
I don't think a worm would cause diarrhea. Probably just a stomach bug.
>>
>>42562356
pls gib advice
>>
>>42560465
Questions like these are nearly impossible to answer until you've experimented. Based on your genetics, sleep, work, and nutrition you will have to find what kind of recovery works for you. Hypertrophy is going to be especially tough, but I have to think 2 times per week is totally doable.
>>
>>42562788
More just wanted advice really man, what should I do about not being able to do the rows?

Keep the squat the same for the next workout or deload it maybe?

Am I good to do the 3x8 chin ups after each session too? And should I be doing 3x5 or 5x5
>>
>>42562735
>Look into it.
Do NOT tell me what to do.
>>
>>42562395
Yeah bro. My pooping matterns got all out of whack. How did you know? You some kind of mattern expert?

LOL fucking faggot you made a mistake
>>
>>42562831
You want to look better but don't want to change your diet or lift. You're looking for an easy way out without putting in the effort: get fucked.

>>42562847
sh(you) sh(you) shitposter
>>
>>42562968
the guy who said don't tell me what to do wasn't me>>42562619

thank you for the coconut oil suggestion; I'm looking at some good products on amazon
>>
>>42562968
this guy >>42563029 isn't me. i REALLY REALLY want you not to tell me what to do. You're a fucking faggot. As am I.
>>
So i'm a fatty in recovery. I started doing pushups, started with knee push ups, and moved my way up to real push ups. I can do about 10-12 real push ups before I can't go anymore. I then switch to knee push ups and crank out 20 or so of them. Every week I try and add like 2-3 more pushups to it and this is just something I do every day.

So I want to add more body weight stuff especially core stuff. Figure i'd try sit ups but I can't so even 1 situp. I can't even do one with my back on a pillow. What is a way to work up to real situps the same way girl pushups work your way up to real ones?
>>
>>42563092
post height/weight/gender
>>
>>42563092
I don't think you "crank out" knee pushups. I think you "faggot yourself up like a faggot to do" knee pushups.
>>
>>42563119
6'0/215/male was 350 at my heaviest.
>>
>>42563127
push-ups aren't really good for your only form of exercise. I'd recommend beginning starting strength while making sure you're eating plenty of protein, aim for like 150g per day. Compound lifts will do you wonders.

congrats on losing all that weight anon, great job.
>>
>>42563139
I work a lot, so my ability to get to the gym is limited. Really looking for body weight stuff I can do at home.
>>
Has anyone seen any significant difference in body composition change between eating 3 big meals a day vs 6 smaller ones?
>>
>>42563158
how much is "a lot"? I work full-time, 9 hours a day including a break, and have time for the gym. And this is after a 1.5 hours commute.
>>
>>42563174
Dont see a reason to eat any more meals than say, 3 or 4 just for the sake of eating more often. There are certain points you may want to consider, that are in favour of eating less often; having to keep a certain time window without food to let your leucine levels to drop enough so they can spike properly again after eating the next meal, teeth health and better time management.
>>
>>42563203
Not at all really, I work 6 12hr shifts and have two kids. I'm just not going to have time to go.
>>
>>42563174
the whole "your metabolism fires up with multiple meals" thing is BS.

>>42563216
jesus fucking christ m8 what hellish job do you work. That's fucking 72 hours a week.
>>
>>42563225
Nurse, it's supposed to be only 3 12hr shifts to be full time at my place but I picked up another full time nursing job. Kids are expensive my dude
>>
>>42563253
christ almighty.

Well, maybe consider getting a home gym if possible.
>>
>>42563253
Your kids will never amount to anything. They probably fuck each other.
>>
>>42563216
do you think you'd have more time to work out if you stopped molesting your kids so much? nobody's saying you shouldn't molest your kids, but maybe hold it to 2-3x per day?
>>
Is there a good place in NYC to learn Judo??
>>
>>42563483
Try the New Yourk City Judo Center
>>
>>42563492
Fuck that, NYCJC is a joke. Go to New York City Judo Complex if you want to learn anything.
>>
Are these weight increases acceptable for a three month period, given a 4kg bodyweight increase, for a weak male trying to gain strength?

Bench 70kg (155lbs) -> 80kg (175lbs) for 5 reps
Squat 70kg (155lbs) -> 82.5kg (180lbs) for 5 reps
Deadlift 90kg (200lbs) -> 110kg (240lbs) for 5 reps

I know my squat is out of proportion with my bench press; I started fucking around with weights some time ago but only recently got serious so I had to teach myself to squat from zero, but I want to know if those weight increases are decent given the time I've been training and the amount of weight that I've put on. My waist measurement has also gone down, which puts me at a slightly lower BF%.
>>
>>42563593
no it's not acceptable. don't accept it. give up.
>>
>>42563593
>Three month period
lmao, it was actually a month and a half -- I misread my workout logs and it's been such a busy semester I lost all ability to track time.
>>
>>42563638
lmao, too funny bro too funny
i think you're my funniest friend
>>
>>42563645
We're not friends
>>
>>42563591
this has nothing to do with fitness

>>42563593
it's decent.
>>
>>42550524
best/good protein powder if lactose intolerant? (so no whey)
>>
>>42563662
yeah, we're not friends with dyels lol, i know bro.
>>
File: 1478593373092.jpg (1MB, 4000x4149px) Image search: [Google]
1478593373092.jpg
1MB, 4000x4149px
>>42563591
Go to >>>/fa/ for fashion advice you stubby legged fat cunt.
>>
File: penne-spinach-ricotta.jpg (48KB, 590x400px) Image search: [Google]
penne-spinach-ricotta.jpg
48KB, 590x400px
Currently cutting, mom made two pasta dishes, which should I eat for dinner

>Pasta with onions and ground beef
or
>Pasta with ricotta cheese and spinach

>inb4 neither
>>
What's a good replacement exercise(s) for barbell press during the SS routine? My right shoulder is causing me issues and I don't wish to exacerbate them.
>>
>>42562116
Idk but we're the same height and weight and your lifts are my goals. Post body so I know what to look forward to.
>>
>>42563690
literally does not matter. Just pick one and estimate the calories to fit into your macros.
>>
>>42563690

the ground beef is probably better in terms of macros but you should eat the ricotta and spinach because it's a far tastier dish
>>
>>42563690
she's definitely rubbing her cunt in your food, those combos of pasta toppers are classic cunt-maskers
>>
Is glucosamine a meme?
>>
How do I keep from having daily ideations of suicide now that I can't workout due to failing health? I don't have another board to ask this and no friends, I'm sorry guys.
>>
>>42563774
work out in ur imagination
>>
>>42563761
Oh, glucosameme? No, it's the real deal. Guaranteed.
>>
>>42563774
1 set health x F
>>
>>42563759
wtf is wrong with you
>>
>>42563842
>eats own mother's cunt-rub food
>throwing stones
>>
>>42563839
>>42563801
Thx
>>
>>42563774
sorry about that bro

keep your head up and try to find another hobby that you like

check out /lit/ bro, reading can honestly change your life. its crazy how many people go day to day and live their entire lives without being exposed to great literature
>>
>>42563855
it's ok bro. thx bro. ur my bro bro dont ever broget that bro
>>
>>42563855
I'll give that a shot, thanks.
>>
>>42563881
You're welcome, my love.
>>
Is splitting workouts a good idea? My lifting sessions usually take around 90 minutes, but my class schedule would allow me to do an hour at the most, so I was thinking of doing half the session, going to class, then finishing the session after.

Is there any detriment to this?
>>
>>42563936
Yes, much detriment. It would almost be better not to lift weights at all.
>>
Is it best for an overweight DYEL to cut then bulk or the other way around?
>>
Is there a limit to how much you can weight loss in a diet? I'm stuck at 172 pounds since 3 weeks ago, before that, I was losing 2 pounds per week. I'm 5'9. 26YO. Thanks in advance.
>>
how long do I do 5x5 SL for? 1 year?
>>
>>42564036
Let me see. By my calculations, 172 + 3 - 2 + 5'9 + 26 = YOU'RE GOING TO BE OKAY, BRO!
>>
>>42564036
You can't lose bones or organs. That's the limit.

You can but shouldn't lose muscle

You can lose all your body fat but apparently you die / are in a bad place below like 3%bf for guys. Basically you're good for a while. Stick with it.
>>
>>42550524
shit niggas I don't know what to do

how to find grills in omegle, been looking for 2 hours, only 5 found and all of them disconnected immeadiately
>>
File: draft111910247.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
draft111910247.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
Can an experienced excuse fatty tell me if I'm destined to be stuck with these fucking hips for the rest of my miserable existence?

They're the only reason I've been cutting for like 9 mo total. They've been the bane of my existence ever since I was a kid.
>>
>>42564158
siab-ga
>>
Do any of you mix protein powder into alcoholic drinks that you mix?
>>
Does yoga build muscle at all? How good of an exercise is it?
>>
>>42564223
yup. gin, protein powder, and diarrhea. i call it "the hippie hippie shake"
>>
>>42564161
it looks more like bone structure than fat m8. That that being said you have absolutely 0 development in your core, chest, or shoulders. Building upper body muscle could help distract from wide hips.
>>
>>42564219
what?
>>
File: 1501734486292.jpg (31KB, 470x489px) Image search: [Google]
1501734486292.jpg
31KB, 470x489px
Any recommended plant-based proteins? From prozis or whatever website based in europe/ships from europe

asking since i need something easier on the stomach, got some samples from regular whey(from xcore hydro isolate, cookies & cream and that shit had actual cookie pieces and a 7/10 taste) and tried it and gave me gas and stomach rumbling and all that shit when you feel like you have diahrrea

MyVegies
100% Vegetable Protein New Formula

Weider
Vegan Protein

Scitec
Pure Form Vegan Protein
>>
>>42564256
i let my hand fall on the keyboard.
>>
>>42564161
thats just love handles m8

lose like 10lb and i guarantee you'll look more rectangular
>>
>>42564300
suck my dick, how dare you give me such shit advice. i could eat you alive you motherfucker.
>>
>>42564401
>>42563801
>>42563759
>>42563670
>>42563645
>>42563308
>>42563079
>>42562953
>>42562847

please just stop posting. It's not even subtle.
>>
>>42564444
no. you missed one and one of the ones you said was wrong. figure it out and i'll stop.
>>
>>42555489
No
>>
>>42564444
Quads confirms. The anon needs to kill himself
>>
File: giphy(15).gif (952KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy(15).gif
952KB, 500x270px
hey guys. 1. requesting this drawed kid with saying "im gonna get huuuge.
2. both my iliopsoas muscles are real tight. I do foam rolling and roll it with lacrosse balls. it gets a bit easier nut I still experience loads of pain. especially during front squats. anyone here with the same problem and how did you fix it? is there some masterplan for releasing and stretching the psoas/groin region? because the way I do it just puts md into more pain. thnx
>>
>>42563667
Hello! I recently bought a thing of Sunwarrior, and i love it so far. I heard good things about Vega as well.
>>
>>42564247
>>42564300
Thanks I keep those in mind
>>
>>42551164
Lift first off. Then you can either eat maintenance or a slight deficit to get rid of the flab, though your lifts will go up slower.
>>
>>42558590
VOLUME
O
L
U
M
E
>>
>>42564768
Shut up, faggot.
>>
what are the differences between simple deadlift and a sumo deadlift?
>>
File: 2017-08-19_18.11.29.jpg (118KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-19_18.11.29.jpg
118KB, 1080x1080px
Doesnt deserve to be in a CBT, just seeing of anyone can give me a ballpark of what bf% im at now. Pic on left is me in January at 225, pic on right is today at 175. I'm 5'9. Thanks.
(P.s. I know some of my tattoos are shit so no need to tell me so)
>>
>>42565228
one is more complicated than the other, which is less sumo.
>>
File: 1468789873495.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468789873495.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
>>42565310
Neck and finger tattoos? Do you never want to have a job or money?
>>
>>42565327
what's the correlation between the weight i can pull in a sumo deadlift and a regular one. Let's suppose i do 150kg sumo, how much should i be able to do in a regular deadlift?
>>
>>42565348
Awesome insult, and so original too.
Not in any way related to what I asked.
>>
>>42565371
Don't give a shit what you asked. It just boggles my mind how people <30 can think neck and hand tattoos are a good idea.

I'm heavily tattooed but followed the old rule of hiding everything underneath a suit.
>>
>>42563774
>>42563801
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14998709
>>
>>42565310
14-15% maybe?
>>
File: OG2hHwW.jpg (42KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
OG2hHwW.jpg
42KB, 634x480px
>>42565410
Had a drinking problem and zero supervision from age 13 and up, made bad decisions and got a lot of tattoos.
Doesn't affect me much. Come from a family with money, educated enough to speak in an articulate manner and get past the initial hesitancy people experience when first meeting me. Sober a little over 2 years, wife, kid, 2 paid off cars and a nice apartment in a nice side of town. Can't ask for much more, or at least I don't care to.
>>
File: fridge.jpg (818KB, 1901x2144px) Image search: [Google]
fridge.jpg
818KB, 1901x2144px
What can I do about these less-than-optimal proportions? Would cutting help?
>>
>>42565571
If by cutting you mean cutting your wrist, then yeah
>>
I don't have access to a gym until just over a month from now but have been cutting at 2100kcal for the past couple of months now.
I'm not sure how my absence from the gym is supposed to factor into this; I obviously don't want to be in a situation where I relapse on my cut and get fat/lose muscle

I'm 5'10 at 178lbs, should I be scaling back my calorie intake for this month/still keeping 1lb of protein per day etc?
>>
>>42565571
There's nothing to cut.
You need to build first IMO.
Start lifting, fat loss will occur naturally to some degree, but you'll look better regardless due to the added muscle mass. Go get this noob gainz.
>>
>>42564281
>>42564281
>>42564281
>>42564281
>>
>>42565684
Should I focus on shoulders? I have a hard time imagining noob gains will help my proportions. It's worth it anyways tho.
>>42565629
I wish
>>
>>42564240
>>>42564223 (You)
>yup. gin, protein powder, and diarrhea. i call it "the hippie hippie shake"
>Diarrhea
What did you mean to have typed?
>>
I've been properly working out 3 times a week for 6 weeks now.
My body fat percentage is currently around 20% should I cut or bulk.
I'm also 19 if the age matters.
>>
Can I make it while smoking cigarettes bros?
>>
>>42565733
Work on everything, compound movements. Your shoulders will fill out plenty with those. If your traps lag behind just do a ton of shrugs/face pulls/farmers walks. Theyll catch up.
>>
>>42566067
No
>>
>>42565797
Oh, sorry haha! I meant to type LIQUID SHIT.
>>
Would fat free milk still be considered cutting if I add it to the protein powder? Or should I stick with water?
>>
>>42566287
Stick with water. Fat free milk tastes very similar to protein powder.
>>
So I'm trying to cut for the first time, using Myfitnesspal. I'm noticing that I'm eating alot of fucking carbs despite meeting my protein requirements, which are my bodyweight in grams. How the fuck do I not eat any carbs, they're in everything?
>>
So I just started dealifting last week. And I use an over under grip. But i read that using an over under grip can cause imbalances unless you alternate hands. But my left hand isnt as flexible as my right. And every since ive had a slight soreness on the outside of my left forearm. So basically the question is should I be concerned? Or is this normal and my forearm will eventually acclimate to the stress?
>>
>>42566672
Look up keto diet. Pretty easy to stick to. Just cut out bread, pasta, potatoes, pastries, etc. Eat lots of fatty meats, fish, avocados, eggs, dairy, vegetables. Plenty of tasty stuff that is nearly cash free. Also willpower.
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 1655x3021px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 1655x3021px
What body fat percentage am I at?
>>
File: 2.jpg (2MB, 1666x3001px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2MB, 1666x3001px
>>42567711
>>
I'm on meds that're essentially tranquilizers (APs) I get injected once a month and don't have a choice in taking them, what can I do to increase my energy levels? cardio?
>>
What do I lose out on if I don't do deadlifts at all, aesthetics wise? I'm still gonna squat though.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.