[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fit careers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 46

File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
>What do you guys do for a living?
>Does your job get in the way for you to make gains?

I got a small desk job a hospital and I was told that the hours would very long, but I'll be getting a few break for my shifts. What kind of snacks should I bring so that will keep me full for hours?

Also I've seen a lot of really fat nurses. If I did leave the desk job and actually go into nursing or even x ray tech, will this be my fate?
>>
>>42549389
I'm a student now and for the upcoming 4 years. Idc about working yet. Enough time to make them gainz. I think when I get a job later I just cut down my training to like a 3 times a week full body intensive routine.

For snacks just get protein bars, those will fill you up
>>
>>42549389
I'm a cop. Shift overlap and permission from the chief is such that I can go to the gym for the last hour of my shift. Works out pretty well.
>>
>>42549389
I work for a printing plant in a massive multichannel marketing company. I'm currently part of a development program to teach me the operations side, but I have tons of specialty print knowledge and so I get tasked with a lot of r&d type work. And I dabble in sales since I can get commission.
It's the best thing that's happened to my gains since I graduated college. My gym is 3 minutes from my office, and my boss lifts there. So I eat a salad at my desk at 10am, a small lunch at 11:30 while I work, then I go to the gym at 12, lift till 12:50, then shower and go back to work. Been lifting 5 days a week for 3 months and making all kinds of gains.
>>
>>42549615
Enjoy killing innocent blacks in Charlottesville officer?
>>
I work a desk job at my local college in a portable building outside of the main campus. My coworkers give me stuff to run down to the main campus a few times a day because I'm basically the part-time assistant, and it usually adds up to 2-3 miles of walking by the end of my shift. Not significant cardio but at least I'm not sedentary.
>>
>>42549689
Nah.
>>
>>42549689
>blacks
>innocent
lmao
>>
I'm teaching English in Japan. If I were Japanese I'd have no time for the gym, but my contact protects me from being overworked to the point of suicide (which is a serious issue in Japan).
>>
>>42549767
>lmao
18+ site kiddo
>>
>>42549389
care home worker...and nah. A job only gets in the way of exercising if you have a baby.
>>
>>42549761
Apologize please mister
>>
>>42549822
Nah. Haven't done anything. I love you, buddy.
>>
>>42549389
And i make extra dinner and take it to work, along with flapjacks and a shake.
>>
>>42549389
Military. I get paid to go to the gym 3 times a day
>>
>>42549835
If you love me keep giving me You's
>>
>>42549795
>ignoring the fact that blacks commit way more crime than any other race despite making up a minority of the country
>>
Full time student and part time Intern at an insurance company

Company is big enough to have it's own workout room free to all employees which includes interns so no, It doesn't get in the way of my gainz
>>
>>42549853
Okay have one. You gonna come over later or you just gonna tease me all day?
>>
>>42549850
and shitpost of /fit/?
>>
>>42549867
Tehee!
>>
>>42549389
I work for game and fish, in the fisheries department. 40 hour work weeks allow me to do four tens and get between 2 and 3 hours of work out in a day. 3 day weekends are always a plus.

its a pretty active job, theres not too much sitting and i take advantage of that by offering to carry the most equipment to and from the waterbodies we sample.
>>
>>42549869
I'm on a 2 weeks vacation at the moment, otherwise I dont touch my cellphone till the end of my work day.
>>
Right now? Unemployed, but I'm on the doors tonight just covering for a friend.
But if you're interested let's rewind my life story.
2010 I start training muay thai while working as a window cleaner.
2011 I started lifting (mostly powerlifting) and travel to train in Koh Samui, Thailand.
2012 I join the infantry reserves.
2013 I become a personal trainer, at this point I'm training and working as an assistant coach in muay thai, I'm working in the gym so I'm doing a lot of powerlifting, but I'm also keeping on top of my cardio with the army.
2015 I move from London up to Manchester, it doesn't work out at the new gym so I lose my job, basically everything I'd worked for career wise up to that point. I stop lifting heavy because I'm no longer in a gym, but I join a new martial arts gym and start training BJJ.
2016 I get my door supervisor badge (UK) and start working in security, because it's quick and easy money and I'm obviously pretty qualified for it. I compete in a BJJ tournament and then transition back to training muay thai.
2017 I've been on a close protection course but have yet to get the badge through from the SIA.
Basically what I want to do with my life now is move to Tokyo and start working and training over there, but I'm in and out of shitty security work getting fucked over because 90% of people who run security firms are a bunch of coke-head cunts, excuse me, so I'm seriously struggling to make any savings.
Such is life, ups and downs. I feel like I'm definitely on a big downer at the moment as I only have about 15 months left to save and almost all of my prospects are shit, however I'd be a massive hypocrite if I didn't get my life together and work my ass off to achieve what I want. You only fail when you quit!
>>
Mailman. Basically 9 hours of cardio per day. Deliver mail and packages for 8+ streets per day. Have to walk around at a speed where my sides achieve liftoff and tow around crates of wine for rich retired people who learned to internet. Muscle and joint pain gains skyrocketing.
>>
>>42549689
DIN DU NUFFIN
>>
Medfag, currently in my 4th year of medical school. I'm going to be a pediatrician. I love taking care of babies and kids.
>>
File: IMG_20170428_082815.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_082815.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>42549389
I'm a botanist.
Not really atm, but it might do after beginning of 2018 all the way to May. To much work then.
>>
>>42549902
How many thai fights have you had? Kickboxing is cooler btw, none of that clinch bullshit
>>
I build bombs and missiles in the Air Force.

Thought it would be labor intensive, but we forklift 90% of the munitions we move
>>
File: 20170812_104225.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_104225.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Economist here

Work in office but no real supervisor so always get up and walk/stretch anytime been sitting too much

9-5 and hit gym everyday on way home

Also rower in basement (pic) for morning cardio (if its not with the wife). Other thing is her pilates shit
>>
File: 1441499995078.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441499995078.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>42550049
I've had three fights, low level amateur bouts, nothing special. The last one was back in 2013!
>clinch bullshit
Haha, yeah in my second fight I twisted the guy over to his side and kneed him in the head, good times.
Since that BJJ tournament last year I've been back on my striking with a renewed vigour, my entire style has evolved to something completely new, I desperately want to have another fight before the end of the year.
I used to have this attitude of "Oh I'm not sure about having a fight just yet, I need to improve this, and I need to work on that." always comparing myself to the best around me, but now I've realised that I'm never going to be as good as I want to be, I'm always going to be striving for more, so I need to just accept the reality of where I am and test myself, not to place such a high regard on having a 'fight', when really it's just hard sparring.
>>
>>42549389
1) Work on ships where the schedule ranges from 11-15 hours work a day in split shifts.
2) On one hand you are exhausted after work but I slam black coffee then walk to the gym (2 flights of stairs) which is well equipped because Cap'n is old gym rat and corporate health and fitness policy is huge. Another plus is the rest of the crew are indian or flip flops and so you have your own private gym.
Another negative is if the ships rolling in a storm for a week you cant do shit beyond calisthenics.
>>
>>42550069
How often (if ever) does shit just explode when it's not supposed to?
>>
>>42550136
Practically never. You can drop a 2000 pound bomb with no fuze and all it will do is bounce wildly.
>>
>>42550191
Interesting, thanks.
Stay safe!
>>
File: fug.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
At what age is it too late to turn your life around?

I've been going through some career problems lately. I've been working at this shit retail job for years. I feel like I will be here forever because I have no idea what I really want to do in life. This job is killing me and I want out.

I've tried college, but I don't think its for me. I've thought about getting a IT cert, but idk.. its still in the back of my mind though. I don't want to do trade because I don't want to do labor when I'm still in my 50's. I've been told the arm is good, I don't think the army is right for me because I'm not that fit mentally/physically.

I'm 24, so I guess I'm still kinda young, but I know time is running out. I need to pick something or else I'm fucked for life.
>>
>>42550471
Is this pasta? I've seen post with that picture in every career and feel thread in the last few weeks.
Just get out there and try something dude, Jesus.
>>
I'm currently becoming a cop but I plan on doing a degree on something (probably law) to beef up my career.
>>
>>42549389
Have worked two IT jobs at my college now; at both of which I hardly do anything. Pay isn't great but I can do my homework/fuck around at work which is nice.
>>
Engineer. Electronic engineering in my job, but I also trained in mechanical.
>>
>>42550566
Jeff this is Steve what are we doing later
>>
>>42550129
That's pretty cool, seems like you're really into it. I've had 5 fights between kickboxing and boxing, but I'm kinda burnt out with training for a little while. You should get more fights under your belt, it'll look better to the people you're training. The Thailand shit is cool tho
>>
>>42550471
"I've tried college, but I don't think it's for me."

The fuck man, do you think people just LOVE going through college?

The whole point of a goddamn college degree is showing that you can stay committed to grueling shit that you hate long enough to produce results.

If you want something in life, you have to work for it. Otherwise, you are going to retire as a retail supervisor that got passed up for promotions for the last 30 years.

Quit being a pussy.
>>
I study and teach ancient literature and language at a pretty big American university. It's a comfy life with decent pay and access to a gym far nicer than I deserve.
>>
>>42549988
that sounds awesome. what do you like day to day for your job? also checked
>>
>>42550566
I'm studying mech eng yahooo
>>
>>42550637
>The fuck man, do you think people just LOVE going through college?

.....yes? did you live at your parents house during college? LOL

I loved the work i did in college btw. haven't done anything nearly as satisfying since. I guess it isn't for people who, you know, don't belong there and never would've gone if it didn't become some socio-cultural necessity
>>
>>42549669
That's awesome anon. Keep up the hustle.
>>
28 and I'm a senior banker at one of the big 4 in the UK. Pay is great. Work is easy. Hours are meh but I either go to the gym before work at 5.30 or have my PA block out an hour so I can go to the anytime fitness close by.
>>
>>42551061

And you post on here. Sure..
>>
>>42551090
You'd be surprised at the kind of people who post here. I'm in private equity and I know a bunch of colleagues who lurk.
>>
>>42551061
>hours are meh

Do banks work differently in the U.K.? Financial institutions are about like 6 hours a day here.
>>
>>42551113

Private equity

>Does your job get in the way for you to make gains
Hours are long as fuark. I have to literally sneak out of the office while the partners aren't looking to get a gym session in. But I get a free Equinox membership so that's a plus.
>>
File: 1479246033883.jpg (45KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1479246033883.jpg
45KB, 500x417px
About to begin my last year's LL.M in Tax & Corporate Law

Don't know if i can snag a good career out of it or what will it be like
>>
>>42551171
If you're not at NYU or (maybe) Georgetown you might as well drop out now and save yourself 60k.
>>
>>42551191
I'm not an american.
>>
Paramedic

Not really, I meal prep and gym on my off days, some times after work as well, can be difficult with 12h shifts +OT but I make it work.
>>
>>42550607
Yeah man, will do.
I got that burnt out feeling a bit too, after my last fight that's when I started competing in powerlifting, then I moved up here and did the BJJ thing, then when I came back to muay thai I had a completely renewed enthusiasm for it, it is and will always be my base, but sometimes you just need to step away and focus on other things for a while, I'm certainly a lot stronger now!
>>
>>42551037
Thanks m8.
I'm 23, by 25 I'll be done with my development track and I've already turned some heads at cooperate at the last conference with my sakes and ops knowledge, so I want to be managing a team (of creatives, hopefully since I used to be a designer for a packaging company) in the next 5 years. It's what drives me.
>>
>>42551113
any wolf of wall street shit go on?
>>
>>42551206
fellow Ambulance driver...uk based?
>>
>>42549689
Literally zero niggers were killed you retard
>>
I work in a kitchen as a line cook at a nice upscale restaurant and I fucking hate it. The work is not bad and I like cooking, but the people holy shit... everyone I work with is severely overweight and they all smoke cigarettes and drink every single night to blackout and they have to nerve to complain about "feeling bad" and having no energy so they drink 7 sugar Red Bulls per night. I go work out after most shifts and every night I watch these fuckers head off to the bar, and not to party and get laid and be cool, but to drink away their pathetic miserable lives because they are in such emotional and physical pain for simple reasons that their tiny peanut moron brains just can't even understand. They honestly think they aren't doing anything wrong and i don't even know just life itself is betraying them somehow. It blows my fucking mind.

I can't wait to find out what I really want to do because these fucking losers just hurt my autistic brain with their whiny bullshit I mean how stupid and self deluded do you have to be, in this age of information, to not realize that YOU ARE THE REASON that you feel like shit because you EAT SHIT and DRINK 9 GALLONS OF SODA EVERY NIGHT. Then they sleep 5 hours and get up to watch their favorite instagram accounts post whatever the fuck social media idiots watch...

People are just garbage it blows my fucking mind. I just want to move off into the middle of nowhere and get a job building stuff with my hands in a national park or something. Clean air instead of kitchen grease pleaseeeee... and no fucking fat shit humans around me.

/rant

God I have to work in an hour and it's all I can do to not throw up.
>>
>>42550101
put a rack in there
>>
>>42550101
How do you like that rower? It uses actual water right? What are your thoughts on the concept2 compared to the one you have? I live in a cold region (during winter) so i wouldnt be able to have something water based in the garage, but it looks cool.
>>
It all comes down to if you quit taking care of yourself. The job can have stress and make you tired. If you eat to handle these items, you're going to turn into a hambeast. Add in a kid(s) at home and it get even worse for them.

Either learn to channel the stress or die a hambeast.

PS. all jobs can be stressful, learn to fucking cope in non harmful way.
>>
law

i feel like a dead man.

money is not what was promised.

i only wish to remain muscular and wear good clothes.
>>
>>42549389
I'm taking for the LSAT in September and living off my remaining uni grants and loans. It doesn't get in the way of my gains.
>>
I'm a cook at a casual fine dining restaurant, and I have side work at a pub. Looking to get back to finishing my degree.

The job makes it a bit harder to do the gym, since most of the food is not really healthy. I have been bringing in my own meals before my shifts and cooking them, giving me less urges to eat at work. So far so good.
>>
>>42549389
College.
No.
>>
>>42552130
Get out of that kitchen dude. There are better places where people actually take care of themselves and the food they make.

Kitchens are like families, they have functionally drunk ones and good ones. Its a bit of luck to get in with a good ones though.

You may not be cut out for the service industry if you are already so bitter. Then again though, maybe you need to have some vision and plan an end goal.

Gainz the food truck. All we serve is protein and cruciferous veggies and maybe complex carbs. We hang outside of the gym.
>>
>>42552402

I'm about to go into law. Is it as bad as everyone says it is? Is there no way to find meaning in it?

Bonus question: do you have a plan to get out?
>>
>>42549389
I'm doing a masters, work in a research lab during the week part time, pick up shifts as a bartender for a catering company or at the circulation desk at the library if I need some extra cash.

It's simple, but it's not a bad life.
>>
>>42552403
Go to business school.

Attorney here, we're over saturated with people and the pay is shit unless you make it into the big firms.

P.S. To make it to a big firm, you have to come from Harvard and know people in the business. If you didn't clerk, work as a legal secretary before, and/or have a family with connections in law, you are SOL.

Also once you get in, you'll eat shit working weekends too and eventually burn out or become a smeglord partner with your connections.

You have to love the law to make it man (like you are reading the SCOTUS blogs and decisions), if you don't love it, don't come. We don't need you.
>>
>>42552450
plenty of ways to find meaning in it, but fwiw my college advisor (who was an attorney) steered me away from it pretty quickly once he got to know me. I think it's probably really rewarding for some people, but I was not one of those people.
>>
Used to be in finance... got stressed/burned out working 100hrs+ per week minimum. Made a decent amount of money and travelled for two years.

Now I'm working on a computer science degree and looking forward to going into software development... 40hr work weeks and a six figure salary sounds really nice.

Does it get in the way of my gainz? Finance did for sure. No time to do anything except work and sleep.

Studying computer science has been a breeze so far though, really enjoying it.

As to the person who asked if any wolf of wallstreet shit goes down. Yes. The reality is far crazier than that movie.
>>
>>42552439
That's a majority of people in food service. Other line cook here. It's hard to find people in the industry that don't follow the stereotypes. Look at them like family, but don't stoop to their level. When you are the one who doesn't have hangovers, crushes energy drinks, and look like shit in the long run, you'll be the victor.
>>
>>42549982
I want to do the same lad.
Or emergency medicine, not sure yet.
>>
>>42552439
Man I would kill someone with my bare hands to get a job on a healthy food truck outside of a gym, it would probably be better pay too
>>
>>42552497
Nah I want to be a public defender. I don't give a shit where I take the bar or go to school. Actually I'm basing my decision around where my wife wants to go to graduate school and she's taking the GRE next month too. Thank you for the tips though it's always nice to get some perspective.
>>
>>42552514
>When you are the one who doesn't have hangovers, crushes energy drinks, and look like shit in the long run, you'll be the victor.
Oh I feel pretty superior to everyone all day but that doesn't really make me happier. I just need a better environment this shit is depressing. I am overly empathetic too I feel genuinely bad for these idiots killing themselves every day..
>>
I write code. No real issue with gains, they have an on site gym that I go to after work
>>
>>42552579
Vision son, if you want to work at a food truck serving healthy foods to fitizens you gotta do it yourself. There is no one that is going to save you except yourself.

Plan it out, see how much a truck is, how much is renting one out, what dishes can you serve fast? What are the profit margins? How many do you need to serve a day to break even? Is there a location? Are their competitor? How much are they charging? Etc?

Don't go day by day dragging yourself towards death. Have a fucking vision and run towards it.
>>
>>42549689
Cmon nigger that's some low tier bait
>>
>>42552508
How old are you?
>>
>>42552559
Are your parents rich? You can't possibly pay for law school on that salary. Life afterwards will be hard too unless you or your wife has a trust fund.

Also, have you had exposure to the public defender's office? It is a whole different client subset when you're dealing with criminal defendants. Did you have a taste of it yet? Please make sure you do before you spend three years at law school pursuing this.

There is no money in it and the work is hard. I hope you have an incredible passion for this work.

To be a good trial attorney the job has to be on your brain 24/7. Practicing opening statements, closings statement, cross-examinations, and a lot of this work may not pay off because many cases will settle or adjourn to a later date. Your clients too may be hostile and/or nasty, even the time and work you've done.

Please step back while you can and consider it. The law is not a job for those without passion. If you come here, mark my words, you'll likely replace that needed passion with substance abuse, a lot of self-loathing and depression.

Step back while you can and really think about it.
>>
>>42552450

you have plenty to learn and learn and learn and learn. After a while you feel useless. The world around you is falling apart and you are sitting there, reading your shitty books.

I have no plan to get out. I am too far in. Younger women around me are earning 2,5k / month doing human resourcing (shitting around in an office) while i'm struggling to get by.

Same thing goes for my gf who studied chemisty. Harsh matter, no help, financial struggle.
>>
>>42552630
I'm gonna tack on here by saying if you're interested in opening a food truck: post up outside an active construction site. We got 30 minutes for lunch and the food truck that rolled up with this really good Salvadorian food that could fill you up for like, $6.

I bet they did close to $750 in sales per day from our site alone and that was from ~15 minutes. Hit a couple of those and then open up for lunch/dinner near a park and you're set.
>>
>>42552762
>Please step back while you can and consider it. The law is not a job for those without passion. If you come here, mark my words, you'll likely replace that needed passion with substance abuse, a lot of self-loathing and depression.

This man tells the truth. I had no passion for law and snorted cocaine to work 60h a week. I could barely lift anything for that time. On weekends, I ate three chocolate bars alone. Gone are the gains.
>>
>>42552785
I'm fresh out of undergrad and I make 50k a year in the printing industry with a degree that amounts to slightly advanced trade skill. After 2 years I have a guaranteed promotion (end of a development program) and I'll be making about 75k or more. Go into an obscure but large industry like print. It's the third largest industry in the world and everyone is aging out of it.
Average age of a sales rep? 55
Average age of an operations rep? 57
In 5-10 years there will be massive gaps in the command structure waiting to be filled with sharp young people.
>>
>>42552824

That's extraordinary. How did you get the idea? Did you have guidance of some sort? What's your work like? Are you happy?
>>
Teacher starting back in fall. Hope to be a good role model by showing respect to my health and body.
>>
File: help me.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
help me.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
I'm a part time cam whore/bartender and also a full time nursing student. Finding time to work out is pretty rough. Since I don't eat like shit, I tend to stay pretty thin, so I guess its not too bad.

I have been offered a lot of money from my followers to get fat. I've thought about it, but I'm not sure if the money is worth it.
>>
>>42549389
I'm programmer, have fluid schedule so I can lift whenever it's convenient for me
>>
>>42552798
Severely underrated post. I'm a IBEW electrician and whenever there is a good truck on site it has a line. A long ass line.

If you diversify and sell welders caps you will also make bank. Ones with American flags, or camo sell out immediately. Had a truck on the last site that couldn't keep them in stock long enough to meet demand. It's a cash cow.

If I didn't love my work or make what I make this would be something I'd look into.
>>
>>42552762
No my parents collectively make around $60,000 a year. I realize I'll barely make $40,000 a year and that I'm going into a thankless profession, but the feds will pay for the remaining loans if I practice for 10 years. I used to feed homeless around my area and I used to be a pretty shitty person so I'm not afraid of deviants. I really want to help people. I want to be right in the eyes of God and to elevate my social status. I'm a bit of a brainlet, but I have convictions. I can't live with disappointing my wife, my parents and all they have sacrificed, and myself.I appreciate the scope, but failure simply isn't an option.
>>
>>42549900
Fucking why not? Military fag here as well, it's all we do all day
>>
>>42552866
Honestly I thought "graphic communications" was the same as "graphic design". Turns out the two are only tangentially related, but I fell in love with the major because I just love making shit.
Graphic comm equipped me with detailed knowledge of all the software, hardware, and business practices involved in all the different varieties of the print industry (packaging, large format displays, publications, mailers, variable data, etc. Even things like printed electronics). From there I did a few internships, one in the creative division of a food packaging company, and one doing project management for a point of purchase and signage printer. Its a lot of very niche knowledge, lots of laboratory time, but a very easy major on a cerebral level.
I love my work, I do a lot of project and workflow management, and I get tasked with a lot of r&d type work to solve problems on our little digital press we use for small orders of promotional goods. I'm also getting into the management side, overseeing kit packing and production work, and helping run numbers on profitability and such.
>>
>>42549389
Diesel mechanic working on buses, not at all.

Also to answer your question, only if you let it
>>
I'm currently prepping for the bar, mildly depressed and reading lawyers post ITT is not helping
>>
>>42549389
work in a lab. like 50-50 working around the lab and just desk work. handy being fit cuz you can move machines and heavy equipment around by yourself if it's needed. nothing heavy to lift for routine work.

>What kind of snacks should I bring so that will keep me full for hours?
bull semen, obviously.

will this be my fate?
maybe. fat people of any job are just lazy over-eaters. nurses run around more than i do so that's a challenge keeping up with that caloric expenditure. anyway getting your RN is not as easy as it was in 1990 so don't quit your dayjob op.
>>
>>42549389
I'm a medical student, but I worked in healthcare analytics for 2 years after undergrad so I got a little savings that helps pay for school. Not sure what I want to specialize in, I'll have a better idea of what I can try for once I take Step 1.

Its very easy to make gains at least the first 2 years. Classes are all video recorded and you mostly teach yourself, so you can go to the gym everyday if you want. I cant study till I go the gym for some reason so a typical day is

>830 wake up
>breakfast + fuck around till around 1030
>go the gym for about 1 -1.5 hours
>eat lunch
>start studying around 12-230
>study till 6-630
>eat dinner
>do whatever I want till midnight when I go to bed

I normally make a bunch of food once a week that makes me dinners and lunches for about 5 days, the other two days I go out to eat.
>>
>>42551830
I call bullshit on him, he probably sits in branch listening to old people while they pay in 60 quid in 2pence pieces
>>
2 jobs. Police Dispatch on the graveyard shift, and then I work part-time with a soccer club coaching kids.
>>
File: words to live by.jpg (78KB, 568x960px) Image search: [Google]
words to live by.jpg
78KB, 568x960px
>>42549389
I'm a manager at Mc Donalds and yes it does get in the way of the gains
>>
Studying in computer science, really want to do a master's so I can spend 4-5 sessions writing a thesis on my own time, while exercising regularly. After that I don't know how I will handle things, hopefully the habit will allow me to stay motivated for early morning workouts.
>>
Working IT making $75k
Quitting my job soon to pursue indie game development.
>>
I'm a business analyst at a major bank in London, going to move into investment banking next year. I am currently able to eat well and train frequently, when I become a banker that will take a back seat, unfortunately.

I'll still be on steroids though, so I'll probably still look alright
>>
>>42549389
I'm a doctor but I'm just starting my residency. We'll see if I scare the patients.
>>
>>42549389
I climb oil rigs. Sweat all day then go to gym after shift. One gym was on a helipad. Good pay and free food. Unlimited eggs cooked for yah is good stuff. When back onshire can go to gym and relax.
>>
>>42552928
Ha, I worked in concrete and I always used to hang out with the electricians if there wasn't anything for the engineers to do. They were always a few floors below us and it wasn't so fucking hot down there.
>>
>>42552877
Are you in the BSN or ASN program? How do you like nursing school? Guy or girl?
>>
File: 1497181880925.png (49KB, 270x280px) Image search: [Google]
1497181880925.png
49KB, 270x280px
i pick up recycling for the city. it sounds easy but its actually hard as fuck and really helps my diet. the city cant afford to pay more than 3 or 4 people in the recycle delartment at a time, and there are a lot of people in my town that recycle (probably cause its full of old people). so we each have to drive our gargantuan affront to nature that is our recycling trucks as fast as possible all day and leap in and out of it picking up bins of recycling for 8 hours straight. theres so much that there is a stigma of taking breaks of any kind. legally we are allowed to yes, but some of us have more to pick up than others on certain days and require the other peoples help to even finish without hours of overtime. so if they were to see me taking a break id be fucked cause they would just stop helping me and id be there 2 hours late every day. i dont even eat lunch, its a pretty shit time. pays good though.
>>
>>42550131
How can someone work on a ship with no previous experience? I love deep sea fishing and spending time on the water
>>
>>42551200
>I'm not an american.

If you're not at NYU or (maybe) Georgetown you might as well drop out now and save yourself 60k
>>
>>42551830
Absolutely none. The guys I work with are all nerds from Ivy League/MIT/Stanford. We just build excel models all day.
>>
Church pastor.
>>
Stevedore. €50k. 25 hours a week.
>>
>>42549902
You doing the doors in Manchester?
>>
File: 1492953390549.png (221KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1492953390549.png
221KB, 512x384px
>>42549689
>virtue signaling
>on fit

u should be ashamed
>>
>>42549389
>what do you do for a living?
I work in operations for a financial services firm

>Does your job get in the way of making gains?
no, not really. If anything, the structure helps. it can get a little monotonous tho
>>
>>42550566
just started computer engineering here nigga
>>
File: back ya go.jpg (45KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
back ya go.jpg
45KB, 396x382px
>>42549689
>>
>>42549389
mm private equity 2nd year post mba
>>
>>42550471
>I don't think the army is right for me because I'm not that fit mentally/physically
Dude I told you this last week when you posted this exact same thing. The Army makes boys into mentally and physically strong men, that is what they do.

Still scared the Army is too tough? Join the Navy, sail around the world, stopping in different port cities, meet new people.
>>
File: 211.jpg (91KB, 545x604px) Image search: [Google]
211.jpg
91KB, 545x604px
>>42551191
>If you're not at NYU or (maybe) Georgetown you might as well drop out now
Care to elaborate...?

Finishing my BA in accounting and I am considering getting my law degree to get into Estate/Trust law.
>>
>>42555960
Hi five man. You from one of HSW class of '15?
>>
>>42555960
I'm at Blackrock, in the NYC office. What about you?
>>
File: 1502847240672.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1502847240672.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>42552424

You know there isn't any rule here about having to post in every thread that you see, right? Thanks for contributing to the conversation though.
>>
>>42552991
>air force
>>
I've been working as a police officer for almost a year now. Shifts are normally 8 or 9 hours but you can be called in and work if you're needed I end up working all night a lot which can make you tired before you hit the gym.
>>
I am legitimately thinking of becoming gay 4 pay

Lately I've had tons of older men hitting on me. On the gym, on the train, on the bars..I think I could have plenty of customers If I decided to follow that path.

Is it worth it? The thought of working 8 and 9 hours a day a job I hate makes me want to kms, so why not try to live off my body, right?
>>
File: 1502797144056.jpg (29KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502797144056.jpg
29KB, 604x453px
>>42552130

Yeah, you probably just shouldn't be around other people at all jesus
>>
>>42549389
Work at a lumber yard currently. Job sucks and I want to quit fairly soon. Keeps me active during the day, and mostly doesn't interfere with gains, although sometimes I feel like that's more because I like taking the hard road and pushing myself than because my job is physically easy.
>>
File: 1502811480133.png (91KB, 249x272px) Image search: [Google]
1502811480133.png
91KB, 249x272px
>>42556051

I have zero experience working on that industry, but I would give it a shot. It seems like something you might be able to ease into while still working a traditional job at least until you build up your clientele. You would meet some very... interesting.... people, that's for sure
>>
Where did you go for undergrad? I'd like to break into the business but I've heard it's exclusive.
>>
>>42551113
>start browsing /fit/ in undergrad
>go to med school
>still shitposting on /fit/
>graduate with MD and now a physician
>still on 4chan in the evenings when I get home from clinic/hospital
>should be reading medical literature
>instead I browse qtddtot and call people fags

You truly are here forever.
>>
Film Technician

My hours are crazy and I spend most of my time shitposting on /fit/

It's getting in the way of my fitness currenot but I'm working on finding an hour or so before work next week to go. CMON
>>
>>42552130
sounds like most kitchens i've ever worked in.

>mfw working circles around the energy drink slammers
>they wonder how i have so much energy
>flex a cep
>>
File: 1502842418629.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502842418629.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>42556142
>>should be reading medical literature
>>instead I browse qtddtot and call people fags

Lol. I guess it's the same no matter where you end up in life.
>>
>come on 4chan's fit board
>everyone is ripped
>everyone has a girlfriend/tons of regular sex
>everyone has a large friend group
>everyone is a normal social god
>in addition, everyone is a genius student or works in a really high level field making a ton of money
>>
>>42549689
>innocent
>blacks
Original sin is real, but only for niggers; they can only forgive this sin by sterilising themselves.
>>
>>42556212
Don't get insecure. Most people are lurking and don't post. If people post, it's because they're sharing really good or bad experiences. The average person isn't all that great in America, but you can be if you put your mind to it. Then once you do, I wanna read your posts on these threads too buddy.
>>
>>42556212
/fit/ is about making it.
Body, mind and lifestyle.

Outside of feels threads and /fat/ threads, people don't want to talk about their failings; so they either lie, omit them, or just don't post.

I've lost 25kg from my heaviest, and I get complimented in the gym, but I'm not happy with my body yet, so I don't post it.
I've hit 1/2/3/4, but I'm not happy with my form and progress yet, so I don't post it yet.

A lot of us are in this cocoon mode, we'll either die in this stage, or survive to flourish and shitpost.
>>
Work in electrical distribution. Working 64 hour weeks generally, but I get up at 330 to go workout before work m-f
>>
File: 1502752539814.jpg (80KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
1502752539814.jpg
80KB, 692x577px
>>42556212

You aren't the only one who feels this way. It's pretty common now that social media has taken off. If you're relatively non-social and just lurk people's snapchats and Facebook albums it's very easy to start believing everyone else has fantastic and perfectly fulfilling lives. It's an illusion.
>>
Modeling and data analytics, risk
Gym in the building with towel service and free soap

I hate this job but the gym is really nice
>>
I drive big rigs for a package delivery company. My hours can vary wildly from week to week. I usually work 45 to 55 hours per week with start times varying from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. My sleep and gym schedule is fucked.

Im never gonna make, but I still workout to keep from turning into a fat fuck. I've lost about 10 lbs recently. Im hovering around 210 at 5'11.
>>
>>42549389
Basically anything at a refinery or processing plant that isn't a sit-on-you-ass-infront-of-a-computer-all-day-operator job.
I love my job and a lot.
>>
>>42556346
"and make a lot"
fix
>>
File: soccer-referee-1[1].jpg (27KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
soccer-referee-1[1].jpg
27KB, 480x320px
I referee soccer on the weekends in the fall

Did a tournament last weekend. Literally ran 26 miles

I'd say it keeps me pretty active
>>
>>42556212
Most people ITT are larping. The particularly believable ones probably have family who do the jobs they say they do.
>>
>post production on holly wood movies and netflix
>company offers 40% off goodlife
>workout at lunch take 90min lunch
>eat at desk

they are actually awesome as fuck
>>
>>42549788
>le english teacher in japan meme
>>
>>42553782
I'm not the anonette and idk if youll see this reply but im in a BSN program rn and it is very difficult. Im a guy btw

If you are planning to go into it make sure that you are ready to study every day and wake up hella early (I often woke up at 4:00 AM) to go to clinical and be treated like a lowly know-nothing and wipe old disease-ridden ass.

It's not all bad though, I've made great friends and had very unique experiences. At the end youll almost definitely have a job and can always go for your NP or CRNA
>>
File: 1503107409272.png (316KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
1503107409272.png
316KB, 480x726px
>>42549689
>>
i do satellite gnc
i sit behind a desk
>>
Question for any anons who have gone to gradschool for their masters/PHD.
How much time did you have for health?
I'm asking because I don't need that much freetime, I'm not that social so all I want is time for gym, cooking/eating, and a few hours every week to just sit down and listen to music.
I already go to undergrad and am there for 10-12 hours a day on weekdays, so am curious how much of a shithole it really is.
>>
>>42555717
Kek
>>
Construction. My forearms and hamstrings have grown a lot in the past year just from work.
>>
>>42556142
This is truth.
>>
File: woodsy.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
woodsy.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
>>42556652

What about the rest of the Village People ?

>boom
>>
File: Nah.gif (2MB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
Nah.gif
2MB, 250x220px
>>42556675
>>
Marine here, lots of time to work out. I'm thinking of getting a degree to teach (preferably biology or chemistry) when I get out. Anyone have experience with this? What's your daily schedule like?
>>
File: received_10204211235853465.jpg (9KB, 287x318px) Image search: [Google]
received_10204211235853465.jpg
9KB, 287x318px
>>42549850
My guy
>>
>>42551328
Damn dude this is exactly the kind of shit I want to be doing once I graduate. Any advice?
>>
>>42556876
I'm going to say the name of a company you should look into, and I will leave it at that.
>RR Donnelley
Now never ever tell anyone how you heard about them.
>>
>>42556212
mate i'm in transition to 3 of those goals.

fit use to be quite an intellectual board lmao before r9k/pol/other boards started getting into gym culture and everyone left after all the famous youtube guys stopped posting. i remember regular medical/doctor/researcher question threads every other day.
>>
>>42556966
good to know that 4chans fit board has literally the pinnacles of the human race posting en masse on it
>>
Civil Engineer. Sales rep for large multinational construction equipment. As long as shit gets done that needs to get done, I can work whenever I want. I climb a lot of ladders and stairs on jobsites, but I also spend a lot of time behind a windshield.

I'm 43 and have wife 3 kids, but we have a membership at the YMCA. Kids love it there and want to go every night because of the play zone. They are like CrossFit naggers on steroids, which is great because I go at least 3 times a week. Best shape of my life.

The YMCA is old as fuck and a lot of the equipment is dated, but it's never too busy and no drama whatsover because it's all old boring people. Plus it's $80 a month for the entire family.

Live a good life. I've been blessed.
>>
>>42549669
Your gym session is 50minutes?

wut
>>
>>42549689
honestly i wish they'd bring back the ability to kill degenerates who rob people at gunpoint
naw, let's start a riot if he tries to take a cop's gun and gets shot
fucking morons
skin color is just a hot topic
anyone should be able to get fucking shot if they rob a store imo
>>
>>42549982
pedo
>>
>>42557015
Yeah, you should be able to complete a good workout in that time frame if you're not doing retarded bodybuilding splits. I have time for 2 compound lifts and several accessory lifts. I run and do abs 3 times a week in the evenings
>>
>>42549669
Respect
>>
>>42556852
Like teaching as a prof or teaching highschool kids?
Went to school with many ex-military men who were getting their degrees in chemistry/geology to teach, the marine ones were getting their degrees in law though.
I'm assuming you mean schedule while working and not studying, because I can't help with the work aspect.
>>
File: GOAL.jpg (149KB, 540x357px) Image search: [Google]
GOAL.jpg
149KB, 540x357px
>>42549389
College and about to earn my degree in geophysics

During college the on campus rec is always accessible. Days I dont go to school (some weekends and vacation I have to usually help my dad with construction which fucking sucks)

Tbh ill probably get a job in my field but if I dont Im going to become a cop. SWAT is the ultimate goal
>>
>>42550741
>tfw no one cares
>>
>>42551021

Faggot, tons of people work and go to school. You aint shittt
>>
>>42549982
Pedo
>>
File: 20170818_220327.jpg (503KB, 1973x596px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_220327.jpg
503KB, 1973x596px
>>42557089
Thanks m8.
>>42557015
And the results are solid so far.
>>
I worked for AT&T and Comcast as an installer. Hours suck but pay's good if you're not a contractor. You meet a lot of interesting/disgusting/creepy people and mostly they don't even acknowledge that you're a stranger in their home and just let you nose around as needed.
>>
>>42557115
I care anon, just didn't know what to comment on.
Are you full time, how are the hours/how much free time do you get?
I want to be a prof in a science field at some point, don't care about the money too much but curious how the hours can be.
>>
File: 694.jpg (28KB, 600x980px) Image search: [Google]
694.jpg
28KB, 600x980px
>>42549982
P-pp-pedd

Naw but seriously, that's like my dream job but I live in an ultra competitive city :(
>>
>>42552935
Why don't you go into Med school, it's equally as competitive and you help people when they're asleep as you cut them open.
>>
>>42557141
You gotta rise up to the competition brother.
>>
>>42557126
routine?

Looking solid desu
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 269x188px
>>42557162

True, but it's hard when the competition are all pajeets and asians that come from butt fucked third world countries where studying is the main past time
>>
File: 20170814_005833.png (504KB, 1440x1517px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_005833.png
504KB, 1440x1517px
>>42557164
Tunas 3 day split, modified slightly because I'm only near the gym 5 days a week instead of 6.
So instead of
>ABCABCxABCABCx
It's
>ABCABxxCABCAxxBCABCxx
So it's like a floating rest day.
>>
>>42556491

Damn, that sucks, im a CNA right now, and i think i would like to be a nurse. Im already treated poorly among them in some of the units i work in, and i wake up at 5 for work... so i guess more of the same shit and more responsibilities. Are you treated worse among nurses because your a male?
>>
>>42549389
Copfag.

Impossible to make gains or stay anabolic 4 days out of the week. Backs all fucked up from being crammed into a tiny car where the seat doesn't adjust. Knees going to shit from carrying 30lbs of gear on my hips. I think the stress has lead to a decent amount of dadgains in my arms, but I'm also starting to get a cortisol belly and gray hairs. Not really sure how to combat any of these issues...
>>
>>42557185
Studying might be a pastime, but there's a difference in the quality. Pajeets have notoriously shitty academic institutions, and in generally are woeful students. They basically have to ask for the answers to everything because they don't have the intelligence to look shit up.

You ever notice every pajeet thread on a message board (trip advisor is one of thousands) is "please advise how/what/if......"

They lack the capacity to come up with original ideas and at best are only able to follow process driven work that doesn't require them to actually think or make decisions.

The only reason the Indian was placed on this earth was to show mankind what true mediocrity looks like expressed as a human.
>>
>>42549389
>living?
Undergrad. None
>does your job get in the way...?
Definitely not

Question for all the medfags out there. How do you get into a top 10 medical school? Obviously you have to be passioned, but the thought of being "interesting" scares me. It pushes out the idea of well-rounded rather than dedicating oneself to research and shadowing.
>>
>>42549389
I'm a programmer and look like Ops pic because its winter and I never see the sun.

Really a desk job only affects your mobility because you tighten up from lack of movement. If you eat ok you shouldn't put on fat.
>>
>>42557270
Also, to add to this, everyone on the Student Doctor Network say you've basically gotta do everything(start a club, go international, learn a language, research, yadda). So my question is, what credentials got you into med school?
>>
>>42557228
>>42557107
Fuck anoncop is this my future?
>>
>>42556977
>having a 9-5 qualifies you as the pinnacle of humanity and is a crazy unacheivable goal

Want to know how I know that you're a millennial?
>>
>>42557162
Rising up to competition in my area would be to start ripping pages out of library books so other people can't use them kek
>>
>>42557101
High school.

Yeah I meant drying work. I did my basics at Uni before the military, so I have a good idea of the schedule required there.
>>
File: 1485461213991.jpg (51KB, 462x425px) Image search: [Google]
1485461213991.jpg
51KB, 462x425px
>>42549389
I got a job at wal-mart working security as a laugh, now I work as an assistant manager, it pays pretty damn well, well a lot more then you'd think a wal-mart manager should make, plus great twice yearly bonuses (in the low-mid 5 digits), so yeah, I was a poor gym rat, now I am a 28 year old wealthier gym rat, who goes on nice vacations to the worlds best lifting spots twice a year. I am visiting temple gym this november, should be pretty good.
>>
>>42557224
Personally I feel like I'm treated better than average actually. Im told I look good so that might have something to do with it, but I feel like if you just have an attitude that shows you're willing to learn it goes a long way.

Your CNA experience will definitely help, just being in a hospital provides learning opportunities you could never have in the classroom. If you do it, study a bunch and MAKE FRIENDS. They will help you more than you may realize
>>
>>42557250
Very true, I go to school with a lot of them. Confession: I'm a pajeet too (not Indian or Muslim tho, Buddhist) and I've managed to coast through school so far because I actually have social skills and manage to get by on what studying I actually manage to get done.

But one thing they can one up me on is their perseverance, I'm shit at that and my physics grades are vomit inducing bc I get nervous or some shit lol
>>
qc chemist
There's plenty of time for gains on 2nd shift schedule
>>
>>42557283
Probably. If you want an easy job go work for the fire department. Laziest motherfuckers I've ever met. If you're in a big city PD, you're going to be hopping call to call with no breaks, and could potentially be held over after an already grueling 10 hour shift. If you're going for a small town PD, good luck because they hire like 3 people over 5 years, and it's still going to be a skeleton crew. This is how things are in my poor ass state at least.
>>
>>42549897
wWHat do you do for them
>>
>>42557365
Your thought on SWAT? Because thats the ultimate goal that I want to achieve? Any desk jobs in the PD just in case?

From california by the way
>>
I work as a warehouse supervisor, it's pretty good, I can dump most of my work on my minions and work on making a video game instead.
Has only positively affected my gains, since the company pays for my gym membership.
The hours are nice and flexible too, I usually work from 7-15, hit the gym and am home before most everyone else even finishes work
>>
>>42557270
Top 10? Besides a pretty much perfect GPA and 90 percentile or more MCAT, you need to have been involved in research projects with a couple publications. Also going to a top 10 school for undergrad helps too.

Or if you're a black female just pass your classes and fill in your name on the MCAT, you'll get a full ride to one of the top 10 schools at least.

But honestly it doesn't really matter as long as you go to a school in America and not the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, etc you have a 99% match rate for a residency.
>>
>>42549850
Which country my dude?
>>
>>42557156
I never took any hard sciences so I'd have to go to community college for two more years. I also have no interest in it.
>>
I've been going to college for 7 years and still haven't graduated or picked a degree. Luckily, I had scholarships for the first 4 years, and I had government AND private assistance for being a minority (because FUCK white people and their dreams) so even after 7 years I'm only 15k in debt.

I've done 4 years of Pre-pharmacy, but I decided not to go to Pharmacy school after getting accepted because of how much of a pompous asshole literally everyone was. I've never met a group of people so far up their own asses. Then I did 2 years of Computer Science, but after I learned C++ it got boring as fuck, learning was fun but doing work with it just bored me to tears. Now I'm a year into a Electrical Engineering program, but I still don't know what I want to do even after I get the degree. I just like learning, can't I just be a professional student or something?

I'm pretty sure I've taken every high end science and every high end math course available, but I still don't have a degree.
>>
>>42557550
>ecause of how much of a pompous asshole literally everyone was. I've never met a group of people so far up their own asses

dude everyone is medicine is like that

how about all those "pre-med" majors who always have to make sure to talk aobut how they are pre-med, and the classes they take for pre-med, and all the intern/voliunterring they do for pre-med, and mcat studying because they are premed
>>
File: 1355246863542.jpg (53KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1355246863542.jpg
53KB, 500x398px
>>42557550
>I study meme majors for a living
>>
>>42557580
I don't care about the students, it's the fucking teachers. They'd spout the stupidest shit about how difficult everything is or they'd go on some rant about something that could easily be disproved and then throw a fit saying the source isn't good enough because it's not from our school. They invited people to sit in on some of the Pharmacy school classes, and not only was it retarded classes like "pharmacy ethics" where they keep trying to push feminist shit into everything, but people were getting thrown out of class for shitty reasons ALL THE TIME. I sat in on 3 classes, and I saw people get thrown out for asking the teacher to get back on topic after he went on a 45 minute feminism rant, for a fucking small stain on their white coat, and for a sticker on their laptop.
>>
>>42557604
I'd take every class the college offered if someone paid for me to do it. I just like learning.
>>
>>42557550
How about pick something easy and get a degree, get a job with a good and large company, work your ass off and become friendly with the right people and you can get a 100k+ paying job in 5 years. Easier to network just by being friendly than it is to study for exams.
>>
Any lawfags browsing?
>>
File: IMG_1162.jpg (50KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1162.jpg
50KB, 600x579px
>>42549389
I'm a firefighter. I love it but it's a gains killer

>sleep deprivation. I work at one of the top 10 busiest stations in America
>physically demanding
>stressful at times which raises cortisol

Tbh I'm strongly considering taking some test to improve recovery and general well being
>>
>>42557657
I'm not a friendly person, and I look like a stereotype black murderer. My temper is too short to put up with talking to people for more than a couple of minutes. I also get really anal about inefficiencies so I butt heads with authority that I deem undeserving of their position. I should probably just go to jail since you get free college in prisons, and I can just live my stereotype.
>>
>>42556553
what a stupid fucking picture. Both of these options are irrelevant to black lives matter. Plus it's not like slavery or jim crow or the mistreatment via economic and social oppression of said people could do any lasting damage, right? God, you people who are legitimately racist, are stupid as fuck.
>>
File: doggo tf.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
doggo tf.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>42557550
>how much of a pompous asshole literally everyone was
>I learned C++ it got boring as fuck
I've taken every high end science and every high end math course available

LOL dude you sound like a pompous asshole. At this point if I heard or anyone hears that youve been in college for 7 years+ for your undergraduate youll get laughed at especially when you couldve been debt free if youre so smart and couldve finished in 3 to 4 years. Pick something and shut the fuck up im sure youre smart enough to do it
>>
>>42549982
Pedo
>>
>>42557656
You legitimately might be autistic
>>
File: 1502720199725.jpg (48KB, 446x604px) Image search: [Google]
1502720199725.jpg
48KB, 446x604px
>>42556293
>It's an illusion.
Breh...
>>
I work in a factory
It's a 10 hour a day workout 5-6 days a week
Then I come home at 2am and lift for an hours 4 days a week
Looking thick. Solid. Tight.
Will keep you updated
>>
>>42557696
>butt heads with authority

Are you me? My last boss liked to talk shit to all of his employees, thought he could run that shit with me but I roasted his ass in front of everyone and so he subsequently tried to downplay my work or actively ignore my contributions thereafter. It was pretty shit. It was funny though. He liked game of thrones so I told everyone that he fast forwards all the straight sex scenes and watches all the gay ones in slow motion. Thank god I left that place, but I had some good times.
>>
>>42557727
I just like school man. Learning is fun, it's like lifting. You get to see your progress throughout a semester culminating in a final application of everything you learned over the semester. C++ only got boring because it felt like I ran out of things to learn and it started to feel like I was doing the same thing in C++2 as in C++1. I've taken all the math and sciences because they're usually so diverse, outside of things like Biochem/Organic Chem/Physiology. If I finish school, I wont get to learn anymore and I'll have to do the same thing forever.
>>
>>42557622
If this is the reason you quit pharmacy then I have good news, this isn't really a thing so you must be in a shithole.
Go to Appalachia for a pharmacy school then, I know people who went to Marshall/Ohio state and none of them have had these issues.
Easy to get into I imagine as well.

>>42557763
Organic Chem was fun af, hated Biochem as it wasn't taught at my school, only had powerpoints where you remembered everything verbatum because pre-med students can't into learning material properly.
>>
>>42549902
Keep at it
>>
>>42549389
I'm a steel worker. I take big rings/coils of steel and use a handheld pneumatic hammer to pound it flat. Good arm toning.
>>
>>42557724
Hi, brown person here from an immigrant family.

We hate the rioting subhumans in BLM who prey on immigrant shop owners too :)

The immigrant community is against you
>>
Currently in uni. Gonna drop out and start music career. Will probably regret it, but its the only thing i want to do
>>
>>42552991
He probably has a useful MOS
>>
File: 1338773821867.png (65KB, 740x912px) Image search: [Google]
1338773821867.png
65KB, 740x912px
>>42557724
you clearly don't belong here, reddit or tumblr sounds like more your speed
>>
>>42557892
Your gonna make it for sure brah, don't have any kind of back up plan prepared. Not many people want to be professional musicians so there is definitely a need.
>>
>>42556020
Yeazzir and yourself? I did a 2 year MBA / masters in ed at Stanford.

/fit/ is my daily dose of experiencing the unwashed masses of American retards I would never associate with in my nice little Manhattan bubble.

>>42556031
Sick dude how do you like it? What's your function? I'm at a firm where we specialize in education sector investments
>>
File: 1502589934647.gif (3MB, 350x295px) Image search: [Google]
1502589934647.gif
3MB, 350x295px
>>42558126
I hope you're larping...because if you are really some kind of i-banker and spend time on a Sri Lankan model plane forum, you are one sad cunt.
>>
Trolley collector. No I'm not a shitskin.
>>
>>42558149
Pretty much what >>42556142 said, I started coming to 4chan in undergrad back in uhhh 2011 or so and haven't left through it all

I get more than a healthy dose of the real world so it's nice to come here and call people fags and post my body in CBTs since I'm covered up in office clothes 340-350 days out of the year
>>
>>42558209
nice blog post
>>
>>42558051
>blaming them for wanting white biddies
Also they created blues which created rock and they created funk as well.
If you're trying to tell me all these genres are pointless then I don't know, maybe recreate this bait image by saying classical music.
>>
Med student, 6 months till M.D.
>>
File: 1502567195477.jpg (210KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1502567195477.jpg
210KB, 1200x810px
>>42549689
*BEEEP BEEEP* COMING THROUGH
>>
>>42549389
Secretary at an icu here. I work 36 hour weekend nights every friday-sunday. And yeah the hours get long and you tend to get snack. I actually gained 25 pounds after I first got the job lmao. Just make sure you bring your own lunch and a couple of snacks and not eat the awful hospital or vending machine food.
>>
>>42552130
God same, I fucking hate fat people
>>
Working as campus safety officer at my school. Junior Mechanical Engingeering. Any MEs here?
>>
>3 years into compsci
>potential jobs want internships on resume
>internships wants previous experience

I'm pretty close to blowing my brains out
>>
File: negative-man.png (596KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
negative-man.png
596KB, 600x600px
>wasted 4 years falling for psychology meme
>48k in denbt
>working at a call center which I could've done straight out of high school
>>
>>42558735
Lol psychology.. where are you from?

Here at my university in the Netherlands so many people study psychology, like 300+ a year. They're almost all girls that don't really know what they want but 'hey psychology sounds pretty cool'. The fun thing is to be a practicing (treating people) psychologist you need special certification which only like 15% are able to get (cause there is actually a limit). I don't understand how the university can allow so many people to start these shit studies knowing perfectly well that the job market is fucking terrible... just another way to shill for money. They should put limits on all of these shit studies and have strong selection only letting in people that are actually motivated and talented. And all meme retards should just btfo and find something else to do. Actually in the end it would save people tons of money and contribute to society.
>>
>>42549902
muay thai is such a fucking meme,fighting is footwork and thai boxing teaches none of it
>>
Finished my 2nd year of Electronic /Computer Engineering.

I realized I had no interest in any of my classes outside of math / programming. High level programming, not programming arduino boards in C.

I would have had to spend another two years studying something I hate, to get a job I would hate.

My plan was always to finish my engineering degree, then do a masters in finance and go into investment banking. My thought process was always "ok I need to get this shit done now, so then I can study something I'm actually interested in".

Engineering was always my safe fall back option, but whats the point in a fall back option that would make you want to off yourself?

It was crazy thinking looking back. The degree was without question the hardest in the college, and I was surrounded by people who actually enjoyed this shit. I don't give a fuck about buliding computers or electronics. Never have never will. I care about making money, and I love math.

So I'm changing into financial mathematics. Need to do an extra year and I'll have to work part time but fuck it, never felt happier. Hoping I can get some kind of sales job at the weekend, something I can use to build my soft skills.
>>
File: 170px-Chad_sat.jpg (11KB, 170x258px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Chad_sat.jpg
11KB, 170x258px
>>42549982
>Tfw Gen surg match
>Literally get paid to cut shit open
>Gym helps me cut shit open better
>Paid to go gym

God feels good being surg master race.
>>
>>42557409
Ok this sounds swell. Im glad i want to do research instead of most people here doing it for the money.
>>
I'm a physicist.
Our facility has a gym though, so I can lift right before going home every day and on the weekends.
Plus the only people that would ever be in the gym are coworkers, and nobody ever goes when I do, so I almost always have the gym to myself.
It's not super intricate or first class equipment, but I've got a squat rack, plenty of dumbbells, and a machine for cable rows so I don't have any issues as far as not being able to do any exercises I want to. The only thing they don't have is a rowing machine.
>>
>>42549389
>If I did leave the desk job and actually go into nursing or even x ray tech, will this be my fate?

If you don't eat too much then no
>>
File: punishchaykin.png (192KB, 361x299px) Image search: [Google]
punishchaykin.png
192KB, 361x299px
>>42559533
I did the same degree, felt a bit the same except the arduino-type C programming was fun. Wasn't hard to transition to high level programming once I had a bit of experience though and now I've got a resume that looks way better than a CompSci degree and some web development.

>missed out on a job at a place that had a company gym and free coffee
>dgaf now because i'm at a ghetto startup raking in the cash when they seemed uptight
>>
File: 1488042737233.gif (999KB, 296x259px) Image search: [Google]
1488042737233.gif
999KB, 296x259px
I'm a plumber that specializes in water filtration and pumps
>>
In school to become an electrician.

Bouncer on weekends
>>
>>42555853

That's not a real engineering discipline friend. Do electrical and electrionic and then specialise. Your overly specific computer engineering degree ain't gonna be worth shit in the real world.

Source: 12 years in the Semi-conductor industry.
>>
>>42549389
I'm a back-end software developer.
No, it does not get in the way at all.
>>
>>42550101
>wife
Wew what a faggot
>>
>>42549389
Just finished my nursing degree in bongland. The fat nurses all eat terribly and do 0 exercise because they think working 12 hour shifts is enough to stay in shape. Mind you, night shifts are gainz goblins.
>>
Was in IT for over 10 years..gained 35lbs. Currently in school to be a state licensed home inspector so ill be out and about. My own boss. Can gym anytime
>>
>>42556212
nobody posts average achievements

your 1/2/3/4 isn't a big achievement after 5 years of lifting but it is when you've

"""only seriously started lifting 6 months ago and i neglect to mention the 4 and a half years before that because i had a week break because of a flu"""
>>
File: Columbz.jpg (174KB, 1280x798px) Image search: [Google]
Columbz.jpg
174KB, 1280x798px
>>42558126
Cool, I'm doing mine at Columbia. Was in GS TMT division before this. Hope to enter private equity too post-MBA.
>>
>>42559533

>Has a chance to contribute directly to the future success of the species.
>Gives it up to serve an economic system that will be stone dead in 20 years.

When will you fucking idiots ever learn...
>>
>>42558355
Eyyyy congrats my man
>>
>>42560923
literally this.
finance fags are cancer and do almost nothing good for society
>>
>>42560936
Yo where do you think the companies behind your favorite products get their capital? I've helped raise funds for products you probably use on a daily basis. Without us finance guys the iPhone would still be a pipe dream in Steve Jobs' head. Don't judge finance based on what you see in Wolf of Wall Street.
>>
I was a staff sergeant in the Army and now I'm a college student
>>
>>42560951
i said "almost." Obviously there are good things like financing innovation and helping retards invest for the future, but a huge part of banks has now become pure speculation
>>
Public accounting, big 4

Work too much, binge drink too much, get paid too little

Pretty much a functioning alcoholic
>>
>>42560936
They also won't get a good job. I'm a Philosophy grad and even I feel bad for finance students.
>>
Combat enginner. Get paid to blow shit up and work out
>>
>>42560951

Don't try and peddle this bullshit. If the entire financial system disappeared tomorrow (as opposed to over the course of the next 15-20 years as it's going to) all the resources it controls would still be there.

And who the fuck do you think can turn it into things that do stuff?

Your argument for the financial system we have is like saying that we should all be grateful to cancer because without it we wouldn't have cancer drugs.
>>
Guys, I need a help.

I go to #1 college in my country for elec engineering and computer science, its like a lot harder than lets say computer science college in city 5 hours from me.

Since I live in capital, poor family so I can't afford to go there.

I am currently struggling, first year, out of 10 hard classes, I managed to clear 8, I still have 2 from 1 semester( I was bad at first, but hey its my first time so lets take that as excuse).

I spend most of my time studying and going to the gym. I am afraid that after I finish this piece of shit I am just gonna be bad, so whats the point of struggling for 5 years to get a degree and then i wont get any good jobs cuz I might be bad.

I admit I am not the smartest, but I am a hardworker, and I live in shit country, where u can only make money if you are engineer or a doctor.

So I am asking all the IT/programmers, is your JOB hard? Because I don't think I can continue working so hard after college that will lead to suicide.
>>
>>42561060
Define "hard." Pretty sure people typically only use like 5% of their education after college, so no, after college you just begin perfecting your craft/applicable part of your education. Whether that is hard is up to you.
>>
>>42561020
> being this dense

If the entire mining industry disappeared tomorrow, all the resources that exists today would still exist tomorrow as well. The question is who would then be able to turn these resources into something useful.

Similarly for the financial industry, all the money would still be around if every banker disappeared tomorrow (no shit). But there would be no expertise left in how to allocate capital to its most productive use. You might be surprised to hear this, but not all investments are equally fruitful. Good financiers are rewarded for being consistently able to allocate capital towards more productive ventures. Without the financial industry there would be massive allocative inefficiency in the economy (in addition to illiquidity in the markets). No wonder you work minimum wage.
>>
>>42561125
>2017
>Still thinking money is the most efficient way to allocate resources.
>>
>>42560591
computer engineering = electric engineering + compsci
>>
>>42561134
>2017
>wants to go back to barter economy
>>
Oi, do you guys think that medicine is a good field to go into? Everyone I know is either going into med, engineering, tech or business, and all my family is in health so it feels like that field is saturated af. I wanna help people and enjoy science, but I'm really turned off by the prospects of having to compete for res placements with competitive douchebags.
>>
>>42549389
I work as a Jew-sultant for investment banks. Essentially I tell them why their processes are shit, and why they should give me shekels.

It's fucking awful for gains.
>Have to move every 4 months or so to go to a client site
>Right now I'm in a hotel without a kitchen
>I literally have to live on raw food or restaurant food

Seriously, I have no idea how to eat enough protein without cooking.
>>
>>42561475
Back end operations consulting?
>>
>>42561554
>Back end operations
Pretty much, but it's usually a lot more vague than that.

>So, we need you to audit this project. We don't really know what the fuck they're doing because I have no concept of project management, or the technology involved. Our tech guys can't do it because they have no idea what we do financially. Also, impartiality.
>ok gib shekels
>>
>>42561208
Solid career choice imo but I might be being biased.
>Always in demand
>Can work anywhere in the world
>Job security from now until you are 90+
>Can go into for altruistic, economic or humanitarian reasons

Unless you plan on applying to Orthopedics, Plastics or Dermaholiday you will get a match for residency 99% of the time.
>>
>>42550101
mathematical econ undergrad here, on my way to phd. do you do consulting or are you academic?
>>
>>42561151
>2017
>Thinks monetary and barter economy are the only ways to allocate resources.
>>
>>42559533
Yep I went into engineering because I was immature and didn't know what to do. Chose the hardest stream of engineering because I'm retarded and now I have no desire to finish and actually ended up failing a bunch of shit and dropping my average massively. I have shit grades and no work experience and I hate engineering and now I'm Fucked. Honestly fuck this world. And what is most frustrating is I see people around me getting jobs and being successfully even though they are all fucking retards who could never understand the most basic and intuitive things. Unless I am just given a job I guess i will just have to give up. I would consider just killing myself but I have too much debt that I can't pass off to my family.
>>
Computer science and cybersecurity master race.

Got 4.0 gpa (british equivalent).

Study part time.

2 years experience operations (cuck).

Work now as ethical hacker.

Go into cybersecurity you stupid aspie fucks.
>>
>>42561208
The problem with the medical field is insurance companies are always trying to fuck you over, hospital administrators are gaining more power and influence over how you practice, midlevels are encroaching and trying to practice independently, and private practice is pretty much impossible now because of the ACA.

>I'm really turned off by the prospects of having to compete for res placements with competitive douchebags.

You don't have to unless you want be a gunner and match into Ortho, ENT, Urology, Derm, Plastics, or a residency at a place like Mass Gen, Johns Hopkins, etc. That is as long as you go to school in the US, if you go the Caribbean route....good luck lol.
>>
>>42556042
>infuntry tard here, when we arent on exercises thats breddy much all we do too
>>
>>42555989
Dumb bitch can't spot right
>>
>>42552345
concept2 are the standard for most crews. the erg with the real water tanks are merely meant to resemble oar friction on the water. for the concept2, set your resistance around 4 or 5 and you will have as close to resembling water resistance as you can get.
>>
>>42549389
>security guard
>army 88m

All that shit going against me but ive adapted to have a regular workout routine
>>
>>42562695
>me in the back
>>
>>42562695

Fantastic picture, A++
>>
>>42562695
This hurts to look at
>>
>>42549389
Currently studying Civil Engineering, was thinking about being a petroleum engineer instead because money is better. Decided that it's too dependent on the oil market which is unstable.
>>
I'm thinking about taking a master in history or german, and becoming a teacher from that

Is it /fit/ approved?
>>
digital marketing manager.

desu no idea how i landed this work but i am fucking satisfied.
>>
>>42563558
forgot to add the second question, i use my 1 hour lunch break to slay 2 hours in gym. 5 days a week.

nobody's yet brought it up. been 6 months.
>>
>come onto /fit/
>everyone is either an engineer, computer scientist, doctor or investment banker
>everyone is rich as fuck
>everyone barely has to do any work
>everyone's a genius
>also social gods as well
>>
>>42549689
Leave cuck
>>
>>42563730
>people who have good jobs are more likely to post because they have something to brag about
>there are actually plenty of people on /fit/ with real jobs and lives

Certainly there are liars about but you can easily ask one or two questions of someone to tell if they're lying about being an investment banker or whatever
>>
Currently in community college doing a pre-engineering associate's degree before transferring to a 4 year to get a B.S. in Chemical Engineering.

I understand what Chemical Engineering is, but I have no idea what a chemical engineer actually does on a day to day basis.

Tbh, I dont feel too strongly about any particular career, I just enjoy chemistry and felt I was capable of obtaining any degree I wanted, so I picked the one with the largest dollar sign for the shortest time investment.
>>
>>42552514
Also in the food service working 13+ hours my back is killing me so no more deadlifting for me
>>
>>42563730
>with an 8 inch dick and an ass that is too big
>>
>>42563730
All I see is threads about feels and crying about CHAD, it´s just when threads get heated that everyone is a 6´7 engineer with 20 fuckbuddies.
>>
File: 1457514688551.jpg (45KB, 649x507px) Image search: [Google]
1457514688551.jpg
45KB, 649x507px
>>42549389
I'm an engineer at a cybersec corp.

Desk job, it sucks. But there's a gym in the building so that's nice. I run 5k a day (weekends off), gym 3x, other sports 3x.

Sometimes I wish I had a more active job. But white collar work is nice and chill.
>>
>>42563540
German is a fag language
>>
>>42562586
I live in Canuckistan, so not a lot of options bc small population and high immigration rate.

From knowing people in med school right now, they say that getting into a US uni as an international med student was easier than getting into Canadian med schools. My dad wants me to do 2 years of undergrad, take the MCAT, and then go to Australia where my brother is doing Dental MD.
>>
I work in a museum in Brisbane. It's pretty good. Cruisy job, get to talk to qts whenever I want and look /fitlit/. I'd rather something with a bit more responsibility but for now this is good.
>>
>>42549689
filthy nigger detected

go lynch yourself, Trashone.
>>
>>42553305
How freaky would it be if you got a 911 call from the parents of one of the kids you teach? Imagine you're like a week or so away from "the big game", and you're working the graveyard, and suddenly you get a call that a car has struck your star player. Wow. Would you let on that you knew who it was? Lol idk what I'd do
>>
>>42561475
Pea protein powder has really high protein compared to its other macros and is cheaper than whey anon.
Seitan has similar macros to chicken, you would have to buy a ricecooker (to steam) though.
With that you could also steam chicken as well, would a hotel not allow such a small appliance?
>>
>>42564217
Then move out East. I'm so sick of you whiny West/middle Canada fuck faces always complaining about competition and immigration. There's about two black people in New Brunswick, and they work at McDonald's. We desperately need doctors in every field, and will pay well for them
>T. Hospital administrator
Fuck you, traitor. If you move to the US then fucking stay there, since obviously you know as much about Canada as our US counterparts.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.