[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this picture true ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1503062455177[1].jpg (40KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503062455177[1].jpg
40KB, 800x450px
Is this picture true ?
>>
>>42549322
No theres still the same force on the spine. The force exerted by the legs outwards puts an equal force back on the spine/fulcrum theyre attached to. Theres no way around it. If you have scoliosis, leg press might be better, but theres equal chance to injure yourself on both ways.

Also, address the previous post when this was posted on the other thread you just downloaded it from you autist. Shearing forces are significantly worse than compressive forces. Youre gonna experience shearing forces either way if you have scoliosis.
>>
>>42549322
are you dumb?
the only force on the spine during leg press is that due to hamstring tension.
there is no compressive force.
>>
>>42549380
was meant for >>42549357
>>
>>42549393
I never said there was. This was part 2 if my original post when this autist posted this 30 seconds ago. There are shearing forces on the leg press, which for a normal lifter makes it worse. The spine compresses vertically up and down. Forces perpendicular to this are considered shearing. The load in this case is placed orthogonal to the lifters spine, and if the lifter is pushing the weight by his legs, rudimentary laws of physics state that an equal force is placed back. Remember that the seat is sustaining the weight of your lift, meaning that weight is exerted back on your back. Due to the larger surface area, you can get away with more strain, but a misslip can injure you way easier than a normal squat for a normal person.

Again, scoliosis is different because the squat is no longer just a compressive force. It also begins to shear in that case. But generally speaking, you can load significantly more onto a joint compressively than by shearing.
>>
>>42549322
Isn't spine compression and decompression good for you?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.