[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /fit/ believe you have to train like a powerlifter to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 1483370450949.jpg (212KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483370450949.jpg
212KB, 1280x720px
Why does /fit/ believe you have to train like a powerlifter to make any gains?

You literally do not have to squat/bench/deadlift if you don't want to.

Front squats >>> Back squats
Romanian/stiff legged deadlifts >>> conventional deadlifts
Dumbells/incline >>> Flat barbell bench

^The truth
>>
File: 654656546541654.jpg (208KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
654656546541654.jpg
208KB, 1280x704px
>>42547696
let's be real
>>
>>42547696
>you don't have to do lifts to get gains guys!
>you just have to do these slightly different lifts!
>>
>>42547696
Hey so I'm hijacking this thread because of the main pic. I'm going to a rave on the Halloween weekend, what should I dress up as to show off my lean gains?
>>
File: 5646468998468979.jpg (50KB, 736x782px) Image search: [Google]
5646468998468979.jpg
50KB, 736x782px
>>42547836
you can't go wrong with PH mate
>>
>>42547696
OP isn't wrong
I'm a powerlifter, and train at a private gym with a buncha other powerlifters but it isn't exclusively a powerlifting gym- Some of the most jacked dudes there are the bodybuilders who hardly ever touch compounds, and just focus on being jacked/lean

I think the reason why so many guys do, even when their focus is on aesthetics, is probably because they bought into the "stranth base" meme Rippletits touted about hypertrophy, but didn't fall wholesale for the powerlifting meme while on SS
>>
>>42547696
All that conventional deadlifts ever gave me was a disproportionate ass. And it's not fat, I got veins in my abs and thighs so I have no more than 10% bf, yet my 26 inches thighs at 5'7'' look small next to my ass.

Progress is important for gains, progressive overload, consistence, frequency, intensity, volume. And those things can be applied to any exercise, and the muscles involved in the exercise will grow as you progress, some more than others due to muscle insertions and structure.

If you get really strong on weighted chinups/pullups your biceps and lats will probably reach most of the size they can possibly be in your frame. And if they still don't grow much, then nothing else will.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.