[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keto a meme or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Title says it all, is it a meme or not? Any advantage over a balanced diet at a deficit for fat loss?
>>
I find that I'm not as hungry constantly when I eat keto, so that's definitely a plus when trying to cut.
>>
>>42547035
any metabolic advantage?
>>
Did it for a solid month and a half without cheating and I dropped from 222 to 197. Now I eat whatever and I stay at 205 so I'm happy
>>
>>42547022
Not a meme. Just be careful if you're using it to cut after a bulk. Makes you look a lot smaller due to the water loss. If you're just fat then don't worry and go full keto
>>
It's a meme. If you want to cut down, eat less or don't eat at all.
>>
File: IMG_20170713_141819[1].jpg (735KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_141819[1].jpg
735KB, 1080x1080px
Been doing keto for 8 months, lost 85 lbs so far and am able to survive on less than $195 a month and am never hungry and am making gains. It's not any better than another diet really, it's just easier for some people.
>>
>>42547386
thats a nice budget, whats a normal day of food for you look like? Awesome progress btw, great job
>>
>>42547022
Are you fat and/or sedentary?
If so, Keto is a good idea.

The more active and lean you are, the more carbs you can have (and need).
Rules of thumb:
>over 20% bodyfat and/or sedentary: no carbs
>15-20% bodyfat and/or only slightly active (e.g only gym 3x/week): carbs pre- and post-workout
>under 15% bodyfat and/or very active (eg. manual labor): carbs whenever you want
>>
>>42547684
I'm 6'1 228 pounds so im still fat, but i go to the gym 4 days a week so i'm not completely sedentary but im by no means an athlete or anything.
>>
>>42547386
good job bro
>>
deffo meme, try it without major impact, #notTRUEketo
>>
Id say its a meme for natties trying to get shredded, i would recommend unless youre on trt
>>
You can lose weight very easily. It will wreck your performance though if that's a concern.

Really the benefit for me was fat adaption (which has lasting positive effects) and learning about the importance of electrolytes. Also showed me that a low carb diet is preferable for my needs and tastes so even now I'm only eating 100g-150g carbs daily.
I basically only eat carbs as and when needed for fuel and it works out pretty well. I don't think they're supposed to be eaten as part of a sedentary lifestyle in any great quantity.

If you're eating bowls of pasta and sitting on your ass you should stop. But if you are eating a couple bananas or some sweet potato to keep your glycogen stores up and give you rapid access fuel for athletic performance it's all good. That's what carbs are for.
If you sit around all day doing fuck all you're better off coasting off your fat stores on keto.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.