[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snapcity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1803.jpg (12KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1803.jpg
12KB, 203x248px
Pretty sure I have a lateral meniscus tear in my right knee.

Started as I was doing squats but ignored it for a while. Now I can't do squats without it hurting.
Went to a doctor before coming to my own conclusion and she shilled physical therapy.
I don't have any swelling and only slight stiffness but meniscus tear seems to be the only injury that explains the pain being so localized (back of knee, near the outside).

I've avoided doing squats since bending that much triggers the pain.
What can I do to get this healed fast so I can go back to doing squats?

Post your trips to snapcity.
>>
>>42546220
go to a physical therapist, /fit/ is not a replacement for medical advice

/thread
>>
I guarantee your form is shit.

I guarantee you've been pressing off at the bottom with the balls of your feet instead of your heel.

Pressing off with the balls of your feet puts a hell of a lot of strain on your knee.

Focus on pushing with your heels and the pain will go away.
>>
>>42546220
Have you had any sharp turns that led to a fall and subsequent loss of power from your leg? If not, it might not be a tear. I've torn ACLs and meniscus in the aforementioned manner. If your knee isn't showing any signs of instability you might be okay.

I had the same issue - back of knee pain. It turns out there was scar tisue and inflammation so they gave me corticosteroids.
>>
>>42546220
Whatever you do make sure that shit is completely healed before even doing one more squat.

Lifting and gains are fun but if you fuck up your knee bad it can hurt forever. Imagine every step you take hurting.
>>
>>42546264
Maybe. I'm a lanklet with flat feet so I do find myself putting more weight there if my feet position isn't perfect. Would arch support insoles help with that?
>>42546293
No falls, but when I first felt the pain, it was more noticeable when I twisted my leg the wrong way. It has felt a little weaker, at least compared to my other knee but I guess that could just be me favoring that knee to avoid pain
>>
>>42546420
what shoes are you currently squatting with?
>>
My right knee is also fucked, I don't know exactly what's wrong with it but I fucked it up BIG time when I was 15 in a fight with someone at school.

My knee buckled inwards resulting in nauseating pain for 5 minutes and enormous swelling and laying in bed for days. After the first time, it started doing it all the time. during sports, even when just running, there was a trampoline incident, a basket ball incident, a kickflip attempt incident... I must've tore it up over a dozen times.

Then I smartened up and avoided all the shit that made it fuck up and now its been years since I had it buckle on me. I can squat with no pain, I'm even skateboarding. It feels like it's healed but I don't know if that's even possible. I only get a bit of pain if I sit with my knees bent for too long.
>>
>>42546672
Converse
Did I fall for the flat soles meme?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.