[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropped the booze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Booze-152406106.jpg (1MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Booze-152406106.jpg
1MB, 2400x1800px
I quit drinking alcohol 3 months ago and quit smoking marijuana a few weeks after that. At 29 I havn't gone more than two weeks without getting a little loaded. I wasn't often getting shithoused. A few drinks at the bar with friends and maybe a bender or two each month. I wasn't off the rails with the stuff. But I felt like it was becoming a problem. The last time I drank I got so fucked up I ran across a highway in my underwear and my friends found me passed out in a ditch and I had a complete mental break down when they got me back to their place. These occurances scared the shit out of me. Losing control like that. One drink led to many and I'd be sliding on the walls before I knew it powerless to stop it.

So I gave it up. It was hard. Im a newly single guy and most of my friends wanna go out and drink to have fun. Hell I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do that doesnt involve drinking. It was integral to my life. I drank to celebrate and to alleviate sadness. But the more I did the latter I found just dead ends and round abouts. Circling that drain until it finally swollowed me up.

Changing a habit is hard. But having changed one. Well 2 big one, I quit smoking cigarettes over a year ago. Having changed one I feel emboldend to be better. I've fortunatly never really hit rock bottom. I've always had a pretty decent base but I've always felt like I could be doing better. Be smarter, stronger.

Anyway. It took one big change to have it all cascade into how I'm living now. Wake up at 4:30 M-T-F and hit the gym hard. Making gainz. Do some yoga and meditation or stretching each day. Write in a journal. Learn new things. Get better at feeding myself what my body needs.
All it took was that one little realization that something wasn't right and I changed it.
So what was it /fit? What was it that got you to turn some shit around?
>>
>What was it that got you to turn some shit around?

A hard look at the mirror.
>>
got beat up in high school cause I was straight outta aushwitz
>>
>>42546018
Mad props to you for kicking all that poisonous shit out of your life, bro. I wish I could harness your motivation to do the same.
I'm a nurse who works nine evenings in a row (1430-2230) and then has five days off in a row. I'm good on days I work but come by days off I get the vodka and marijuana out and just get fucked up. I wait all day for five thirty in the afternoon to roll around just so I can indulge in this shit. I'm twenty five, 6'2, 160lbs and have a home gym which I use five days a week but I can't escape the need to write myself off every night that I'm not working
It's something I've gotta work on because deep down I am wishing I wasn't working just so I can continue those degenerate behaviours
My life is a mess. Stay on the righteous path my man
>>
I'm going through a DUI court case. Best case scenario is $5000 wasted but I could also go back to jail for a week, license revoked for a year, and have to pay out the ass for car insurance if I can even get accepted. Luckily the wreck didn't hit anybody. Not being in control is a scary feeling, but it was a couple year journey of losing control and not respecting myself that led to the flash point
>>
I'm not alcoholic and I never did any drugs. I guess my vice was just being lazy. I still am lazy though, but the motivation to workout and become better is pretty much unending at this point, and I want to continue until I'm satisfied, aka never.
>>
congrats my dude. Substance abuse sucks. Am in the same boat trying to slowly kick one substance after another. Ecstasy fucked me the worst and while I spent 4 months depressed and always thinking I might have a heart attack I decided to turn my life around.
Cardio has been a huge motivation because you literally feel the amount you have fucked up over the past few days.
Planning to kick cigs and alcohol next year. The only thing I dont plan to kick is weed, because for me its the lesser evil and it keeps me sane....
/rant
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.