[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tore my rotator cuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1460023687792.jpg (44KB, 622x659px) Image search: [Google]
1460023687792.jpg
44KB, 622x659px
I tore my rotator cuff
>>
>>42544693
me too

only hurts on my push days, scared of making it worse

dont know what the fuck to do
>>
>>42544699
Surgery is the sound of it
>>
>>42544699
Don't be a fucking idiot like I was. Learn from my mistakes. REST AND STRETCH. Even if it feels alright, give it another week or two to make sure you fully recover.

There's nothing worse than going back to the gym too soon and injuring yourself again. You'll have to take even more time off and you might permanently injure yourself.
>>
>>42544741
how can I be sure its my rotator cuff even?

Can I lift at all? Is it ok if I just avoid bench press and shoulder exercises?
>>
>>42544699
time heals all wounds
>>
>>42544699
Push?
It was my pulling movements that brought me to the doctor
When I deadlifted I literally felt the muscle right behind my left armpit slide out and that was only at 225.
>>
>>42544693
I feel like I fucked something up in my right shoulder. I'm resting for a couple of days and will see how it goes.
>>
>>42544747
Tell me if you can take your arm in question and go behind your body with it. I don't mean "hug yourself" but take arm and reach for your wallet.
>>
>>42544747
Does lifting your arm cause a lot of pain? On top of that, if you ignore the pain, does it take an IMMENSE amount of effort to do a lateral raise motion? Does the pain get worse in the mornings?

If so, you've either got some serious impingement happening at the front of your shoulder or you've torn your rotator cuff.
>>
>>42544758
weird, maybe its not my rotator cuff but something else? its also like behind my armpit though

>>42544769
yea, easily. it doesnt hurt at all right now actually

but i was doing dumbbell raises earlier today and walking home it hurt like a bitch. didnt try reaching for my wallet but I'm sure i could have anyway.

dumbbell bench press seems to aggravate it as well as lateral raises
>>
>>42544789
ALSO it feels like a catching or clicking sorta feeling and the pain follows that

>>42544783
none of that sounds like me but I'm afraid it might get worse and come to that basically
>>
>>42544789
Probably deltoid strain of some kind. I don't think rotator cuff.

That was basically the docs test finale to get me to do an MRI. Have me reach for my wallet. It's my left arm, told me to reach for right pocket or belt loop
>>
>>42544797
Hmmmmm. Well those were my symptoms when I tore my rotator cuff and they seem to line up with the symptoms listed with a quick google search. The doctor had me to front lateral raises and side lateral raises when he diagnosed me.

I'm thinking you either sprained your shoulder or you have muscle imbalance that's gradually leading to impingement. You should probably see a doctor than consult in randos on an anonymous Chinese cartoon message board.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.