[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

confused about some basic stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 20170817_192533.jpg (1MB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_192533.jpg
1MB, 2896x2896px
Hi, so yesterday I made a thread asking stupid ass questions (apparently) and I got the answers I was looking for. I set out to eat 500 less calories a day. The text on top is the plan I wrote for myself.

However, I just took a look at the "calorie" thing on my watch for the first time today. Apparently I'm only burning about 1500-1800 calories a day. And this goes back pretty far. The number never exceeds high 1900s.

What should I interpret from this? There's not really much else non-sedentary stuff I can do to burn extra, I have a full day of 60min classes (high school senior) and I got to run 3 miles today and yet it still is in the 1500s range. What's going on?

And yes I filled out the TDEE correctly.

PS, for those in the last thread urging me to lift weights: I talked to coach and will be doing this every Wednesday, along with my local gym and I'll try to squeeze in a few more days at the school gym as well.
>>
>>42543800
Don't expect actual advice from /fit/ its just a bunch of stupid trollers.
Go to red dit for real advice :)
>>
>>42543800
What?
>I set out to eat 500 less calories a day.
>Apparently I'm only burning about 1500-1800 calories a day.
If you are eating 500 less calories than your TDEE, you are burning 500 calories every day.
And if you're actually in a 1500-1800 deficit, what's the problem? It's a very large deficit, I don't see why you would need to go even higher.
>>
>>42543866
Okay, I understood incorrectly. What you're saying is that your real TDEE is between 1500-1800 calories? how do you come up with this number?
>>
Just pick a daily calorie amount and stick to it for 1-2 weeks, measuring your weight every day (more if possible). Then if you haven't lost weight after 2 weeks, lower the number and do that again. Trying to guess your caloric expenditure will always be a guess unless the evidence matches it.
>>
>>42543819
xd
>>42543866
>>42543876
I don't know, sorry the OP was poorly phrased. I'm assuming my watch tracks calories burned since it can't know what I eat.

Today I ate somewhere between 1500 calories, I think. Give or take 200. Lots of protein. Tracked it as best I could without downloading some autistic and overcomplicated app.

My online TDEE finder outer says it's a thousand higher than what I've consistently shown for the past week or two. I have been much more active since Monday but I didn't any huge spike.
>>
>>42543970
PS I lowered my exercise from 3-5 days to 1-3 days to account for just starting but my TDEE is still inaccurate at like 2300. Is the test always reliable or completely just a guess? It gave me such a specific number I assumed it had some truth to it
>>
ok nvm my watch puts "1550" for some stupid reason when I forget to wear it. Makes sense since I haven't in the past few days. It should just say "N/A" when it's on the fucking charger but whatever.

My current calorie expenditure for today is in the 1700s, does that makes sense for someone with a 2300-2600 TDEE? Seems a tad low but I tried not eating too much today.

Only bad thing was a chicken/cheese quesadilla, the rest of the day was entirely protein shakes/breakfast bars + a salad. I'm gonna look for a shake alternative that has less sugar in the meantime.

Fuck I know people hate doing stuff like this but I'm actually kinda enjoying it, is that normal just starting out? I'll probably hate it in a week
>>
I'm probably gonna have to lower my daily intake to about 1000-1200 to account for it being lower, and maintain the 500 mark. I'm not sure if eating less has any effect on expenditure.
>>
File: 2EFLL60.jpg (84KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
2EFLL60.jpg
84KB, 540x720px
Just try 2000 for three weeks, if you see no weight loss, lower it to 1800, and repeat.

It's pretty simple, don't overcomplicate it!
>>
Is your watch just supposed to track the calories you burn by being active in a day or also shit like the energy used in bodily functions?
>>
>>42543800
Get a food scale and use MFP, track everything, don't eat things you can't track. Stick with it. It's fucking effective.
>>
>>42543800
How would it know how many calories you've burnt the entire day? I'm guessing it just calculated your heartbeat, but that doesn't mean shit except for exercise. Follow the TDEE and go 1000 below if you think it's too slow.
>>
>>42543970
>I'm assuming my watch tracks calories burned since it can't know what I eat.

you're using a watch you don't actually know much about to make decisions about your health?

use this https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4mhvpn/adaptive_tdee_tracking_spreadsheet_v3_rescue/

it'll start you off on a generic estimate. log your weight and calories consumed every day (yes, every day), and put them into the spreadsheet. after a month or two the value it gives for tdee should be about as accurate as you'll get. for best results try to eat about the same number of calories every day for that first month or so.
>>
>>42544026
Disciplining yourself gives you a feeling of control over your life, so it's normal to enjoy it. That's actually how people end up anorexic if taken too far.

You'll only hate it if you eat too little or don't cheat every once in a while. Having a cheat meal/day per week keeps you sane.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.