/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

weird execrises?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: pistol.gif (1MB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
pistol.gif
1MB, 202x202px
This guy at my gym showed me some variants I've never done before (until today). Wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about
>reverse curls
>drag curls
>face pulls
>arnold curls
>arnold presses
>this thing that's sort of like lying dumbbell tricep extension, except your arm is straight up like bench, but slightly angled so it's over your opposite shoulder, then you extend the elbow straight, he called them "seig heils"
>tripod dumbbell row... it was bent over, one arm at a time (i've always done db row with one knee on a bench)

Also post uncommon exercises if you do them at least once per week.
>>
Oh yeah, another one was like a front delt raise, except it went up to the opposite shoulder, felt it more in my chest than the front delt.
>>
File: 00m0m_6KTmauJtEur_1200x900.jpg (70KB, 564x842px) Image search: [Google]
00m0m_6KTmauJtEur_1200x900.jpg
70KB, 564x842px
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
I don't see it much here but I do yoga at least 3 days a week for 20-60 minutes a session. I found it helped with DOMs and seeing how flexible one can get is pretty darn fun.

I also walk on my hands a lot. Started by practicing in a doorway with my feet "holding" on to the sides or top of the door for balance until I could just hand stand on my own. Went from there to hand stand pushups and now I can ALMOST do a walk over. which is my ultimate goal.
>>
Do face pulls if you want to avoid looking like a slouched over neanderthal
>>
>>42543317
weird exercises I've done:
>monkey rows for traps+delts
>lateral Paloff press, trains lots of stabilizers
>weighted hollow-body bridge holds for ur fuck muscles
>isometric bench hold
>>
>>42543559
Should I do them instead of rows, or in addition? Aren't they hitting the traps just like shrugs?
>>
>>42543572
oh, also bowing pushups, helps with sex in the missionary position
>>
>>42543584
they hit more muscles than shrugs iirc
>>
>reverse curls

Great exercise, since imo forearms > biceps/triceps. You still get some bicep work out of them, of course. Barbell curls are another good one for hitting forearms. I like to camp out at the fixed bar rack and alternate sets of supinated barbell curls and reverse barbell curls. Together they hit both sides of my forearms nicely. Throw in some pullups and double-overhand deadlifts, and you're all set as far as forearm development goes.

>>42543584
In addition to rows. And yes, facepulls hit the traps, but not the same way shrugs do.
>>
>>42543629
Would it be good to alternate shrugs or facepulls, each workout? I liked how the facepulls felt, but I don't want to give up shrugs, and I don't want to pull or tear my traps either.
>>
>>42543659
>Would it be good to alternate shrugs or facepulls, each workout?

Idk lol. Sounds good to me. Be sure to hold the contraction at the top of your shrug for a second before lowering the weight. Most people I see doing shrugs do them really fast, which robs you of gains. This is also what I used to do before I knew any better.
>>
>>42543674
Same here. I also lean over slightly, so that I can retract my scapula as I shrug. With a barbell shrug, I do a wide snatch grip.
>>
File: remove goat.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
remove goat.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>>42543317
>see this gif
>think she's super cute
>get /r/ to find her Instagram for me
>now has fake tits and huge muscles
Back to 2D for me I guess
>>
>>42543317
jefferson deadlifts, old style split snatches are both fun to do and work out the muscles a little differently than there traditional counterparts
>>
>>42545048
damn really?
at least give me the insta so I can see for myself
>>
>>42543317
Biggest guy I know swears by arnold presses
>>
>>42545093
https://www.instagram.com/ooohbabybeast/?hl=en

Not bad looking at all, but she's not cute
>>
Guillotine presses. Kills my shoulders, in a good way. No more awkward feeling than a regular OHP, except almost exclusively feel the lift in delts.
>>
>>42545126
Only bad part about guillotines is the high potential for injury or death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stafon_Johnson#Barbell_accident
>>
File: 1502853864929.jpg (34KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1502853864929.jpg
34KB, 500x747px
>>42543584
In addition to rows. They hit the traps as well but if done correctly they're mainly working your rear delts and rotator cuff, which is very important for shoulder health.
>>42543659
Bad idea to alternate, do your facepulls every day you're doing pushing motions.
>>
>>42545261
>pushing motions
You mean pulling motions, right?

My pull day on PPLPPLx is getting full
>rows
>pullups
>two types of rows
>rear delt raises
>shrugs

Should I insert facepulls before shrugs?
>>
>>42545312
>two types of rows
Meant curls
>>
>>42545118
>https://www.instagram.com/ooohbabybeast/?hl=en
are yo sure those are the same people? the face and lips look completely different
>>
>>42545410
https://www.instagram.com/p/gWdm7tSUGT/?hl=en&taken-by=ooohbabybeast

It's her. At the least, she got lip injections. Was cuter back then, now faker looking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/gOte_IyUMg/?hl=en&taken-by=ooohbabybeast
>>
>>42543559
facepulls will make your shoulder and back god tier - like roman/greek statue god tier
>>
>>42543317
All memes except face pulls, but that's only because anterior delts are the single most undertrained muscle group and causes arguably the most common postural abnormality and could lead to further rotator cuff damage.

You can do any of these exercises if you like them though, just know that they're not "better" than any other curl, shoulder press, tricep extensions or row variation.
>>
>>42545703
Cable, bands, or dumbbells?

How heavy?
>>
>>42545048
what is her insta?
>>
>>42545717
Cable or band, light and focus on rotating your shoulders back rather than pulling.

Could bust out some heavier seated ones for bodybuilding purposes though, but that might be counterproductive as far as health goes.
>>
>>42545715
Hold the phone, I'm not the brightest individual when it comes to /fit/ topics, but are reverse curls really not useful? It's an entirely different feeling exercise (might be placebo-ing myself here) but I lift 10 pounds less on reverse than regular.
>>
File: LeSt-BB_Zercher_Squat_M.jpg (22KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
LeSt-BB_Zercher_Squat_M.jpg
22KB, 380x285px
>>
>>42547010
anyone doing this lift is actually retarded

>Alright we can do front squat or back squats
>nah man let's do their retarded cousin version instead that destroys your back and bruise your hands XD
>>
>>42543317
>drag curls
this shit is PUMPFUCKINGTASTIC
I really really really like doing them.
>>
>>42546035
Reverse curls are one of the best if not the best exercise for targeting and isolating the brachialis, which is usually the weakest link for most pronated heavy pulling exercise. That said, heavy pulling is still the best way to get good at heavy pulling.
>>
>>42543317
>I do a trap/bicep workout which is nothing more than a standard pull day but I isolate away from my lats to my innerback.
>Narrow chin-ups for bi's and traps
>Narrow lat pulldowns
>Narrow Lat rows
>Farmer walks
>Hammer grip db shrugs
>Rack shrugs
>Bodyweight rows on a hip height pull up bar (narrow grip underhand)
Savage trap/bi's gains
>>
File: 2017-08-18_190525.png (699KB, 815x600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-18_190525.png
699KB, 815x600px
>>42545048
>huge muscles
>this is what you consider huge
>>
> sieg heils
Stealing. Any sources for form?

>>42547365
> Your hands
>>
>>42547741
Why
>>
>>42543317
uh i do brap raises
>>
>>42547741
This depresses me
>>
>>42549471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKVVKE6xj1Q

Skip to 8:45
>>
>>42543317
>he called them "seig heils"
Gold
>>
>>42550501
You joke but this is very serious. We're seeing the rise of fascism again and it's scary. My girlfriend just called me from her other boyfriend's (open relationship, he's more of the physical boyfriend whereas I'm her emotional rock) apartment bawling her eyes out how right wing politics are on the rise again.

I just can't believe this is the state of things. Makes me feel so ashamed.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.