[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 41

"Tale as old as time" edn.

How far can bodyweight exercises take you?

As in, not adding weight to them, but only progressing via reps/sets and harder variations.

Can I at least hit and maintain ottermode on a bodyweight exclusive routine?
>>
File: 18918340.jpg (48KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
18918340.jpg
48KB, 400x600px
>>42542297
Pic related
>>
>>42542297
ottermode is mans natural body given healthy bodyweight, normal testosterone levels and not being sedentary

you dont really need to exercise just walk/bike instead of driving, take the stairs, do some pullups when you see something you can hang from and then if you can do muscle-up and do some dips. dont eat garbage food and dont overeat.
you dont need special diets, routines or supplements - its all bullshit shoved into throats of easily impressed by 'fitness celebrities' slaves

seriously dont waste your time on this stupid fad which is modern 'fitness'
>>
I bought some mass gainer that came yesterday and took 1 scoop but could only get through half of it before getting a crazy stomach ache. Is this just something thatll go away? Im trying to finish the second half but I feel bad already. Should I do a quarter scoop for now? It doesnt taste very good.
>>
>>42542304
So not far.

>>42542297
You'll be essentially a twink I guess if you want a bear to give you a good fucking go for it.
>>
>>42542855
Drop that shit and just blend some oats instead until it's powder. Mix it with water and a little sugar and some cinnamon or vanilla and you got some cheap and easy calories that taste pretty well if you dont fuck up the ratio
>>
>>42542855
Any chance you have some gluten issues? Or IBS/Celiac, something of the nature where you don't deal with carbs as well as normal. I know if I go ham and eat an assload of carbs I feel like hot garbage for a few hours, and iirc those mass gainers are entirely carbohydrates.
>>
I dont sweat while lifting, Im feeling like i dont do shit even if I do my best. Is this normal?
>>
>>42542988
I guess I could try that. Sucks that I had to buy it to find out it makes me feel horrible.

>>42542992
I dont know, ive never thought about it and I dont know how id find that out.
>>
File: tfw.png (59KB, 506x608px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
59KB, 506x608px
>>42542297
My Program
A
>Chest, Bicep, Shoulders
3x8 Bench
4x8 Flys (Machine for now)
4x8 Chest Press
3x8 Sitting DB Curl
3x8 Preacher Curl
2x8 Lateral Raises
2x8 Front DB Raises
3x8 Shoulder/Military Press
3x8 Shrugs

B
>Legs, Back, Triceps
4x8 Squats/Leg Press
4x8 Calf Raises
>Lat Pull Downs 4x8
>Reverse Grip Lat Pull downs 4x8
4x8 DB Rows
3x8 Tricep Extension
3x8 Overhead Tricep Extension
3x8 Dips

3x Per Week ABA

>what should i change /fit/? This is only an idea right now. I really need to get into a proper routine after a long time not lifting. What should i add? Change? Remove? I've never done deadlifts before.
>>
>>42543018
>Sucks that I had to buy it to find out it makes me feel horrible
Sure do but what ya gonna do?
On the other hand mass gainers are usually much more expensive than oats so if you can chug them down easier you'll save more in the long run. Give the mass gainer to a friend that lifts and make him happy.

The fibers can be a little hard on the stomach to begin with so I would drink more than 100g pr day in the beginning.

I mix:
300ml water
100g oats
1-2 spoons sugar
1-2 teaspoons of vanilla or cinnamon

The flavor of pure oats is pretty plain so you can mix it with other things as well. I've tried with dried and blended coconut and banana both of which worked somewhat fine but vanilla and cinnamon is my favorite. Should probably give pure cacao a try soon
>>
>>42543211
>what should i change /fit/?
Your routine. Not even memeing
>>
File: nigger.jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
Alright so how the fuck do I get a stronger grip? Struggling to hold lmao sub 2pl8 deadlift.
Would pic related help or is it a meme?
>>
>>42543222
Checked and thanks
>>
>>42543419
you could try to use hook grip or the mixed grip, if you're not already
>>
>>42543462
I'd rather just improve my grip strength. Maybe if I could dl like actually good numbers id consider that
>>
File: ApkU2Fb.png (255KB, 1773x2836px) Image search: [Google]
ApkU2Fb.png
255KB, 1773x2836px
jack knives
what a autistic fuckin exercise, losing balance all over the place, how do you do this?

and standing twist? dont get me startin bro, this exercise does nothing at all. even going fast as fuck and it just feels weird
>>
>>42543419
pimch a 20kg weight in each hand and walk across the room.

do pullups
>>
>>42543501
pinch*
>>
>>42543478
It's good to improve grip strength, but don't let your grip limit you. Improving grip strength and using an alternate deadlift grip are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>42543487
>losing balance
What? You're literally on the floor.
>>
>>42543540
my legs/thighs are heavy and i fall forward
>>
File: gripper.jpg (427KB, 2048x1429px) Image search: [Google]
gripper.jpg
427KB, 2048x1429px
>>42543419
something like that is shit but a proper gripper like pic related, e.g captains of crush, will definitely help.
>>
File: 1499989312442.png (267KB, 896x496px) Image search: [Google]
1499989312442.png
267KB, 896x496px
Why do people always tell you to clench your buttcheeks together before each rep on the squat. I'm not able to maintain this clenching by the time I'm in the hole, should I be able too?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-22-10-31-58.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-22-10-31-58.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>42542297
What's a good HIIT start routine.

Gonna head off to the gym rn and wanted to know what i could do. Was thinking maybe 30 sec all out and 30 sec break. Ir should I do 1 min/1 min?
>>
>>42543662
I've never heard that.
>>
anyone do a high rep dead routine?
just read about Pavel's "Russian Bear" (try to look past the normeme name) and I'm interested. anyone run it yet?
>>
what are some fiber dense foods
>>
>>42543255
what do you recommend then
>>
File: 1495003950616.jpg (20KB, 350x394px) Image search: [Google]
1495003950616.jpg
20KB, 350x394px
Just a question. How often do you all go to the Gym per week?
>>
>>42543662
they meant to say to clench at the top of the squat, not the bottom
>>
>>42543419
just hang from a bar for 1 min. Than do one armed hangs 30-60s-failure. It will counteract all the compression from the deadlifts and the farmers walks and help you with your height insecurities.
>>
>>42543605
you know what? even better that jack knives feel unnatural to you. HLL and hollow body hold will help you a lot more.
>>
>>42543004
yeah normal if you do some strength shit like SS or SL with 2 min rest or more, right mate?
>>
File: 1429569540916.png (234KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1429569540916.png
234KB, 612x612px
DO I take creatine on a cut?
>>
How the fuck do I get rid of bacne if
>I sweat all day at work
>Live in humid Mississipi
>Showers arent working
>>
>>42542297
>How far can bodyweight exercises take you?
Very far. Almost to your natural peak if you progress well.

>As in, not adding weight to them, but only progressing via reps/sets and harder variations.
See above.

>Can I at least hit and maintain ottermode on a bodyweight exclusive routine?
You can not only hit ottermode, you can surpass it. IF you eat at maintenance or slightly above and are consistent.

Also, look up movnat and understand that you can lift heavy shit like stones and logs and old tires IF YOU WANT TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF it's not needed in the slightest.
>>
>>42544937
go out in the sun and put sunscreen on. stay there for 3-4 hours.
that's how i did it, went to a swimming pool and bam, its gone

>>42544948
hey where's Karen?
>>
Alright I need a straight answer to this

A week ago I got blood drawn, the arm where I had the needle was much more sore than previous times I had blood drawn for several hours afterwards, but I thought nothing of it and assumed it would go away. I decided to keep going to the gym and work through it

It is now one week later and not only has it gotten worse, I have a bruise in the elbow of my arm where the blood was drawn that reaches a bit down into my forearm. My arm aches constantly, and hurts like a motherfucker after moving it, be it for exercise or anything. Specifically it is my bicep and upper forearm that hurt the most

What the fuck do I do /fit/, do I keep working out and hope it goes away? Is there anything I can do to help my arm recover faster? This has never happened before
>>
>>42543686
HIIT stands for
HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING
Not moderate intenisity interval training.
If you can do it for nearly 30 seconds or even a minute, you're not going hard enough.
Just do basic interval training. Go relatively hard for a minute or so then rest for 30 seconds to a minute.
Repeat for 15-20 minutes.

OR you can just do a 20 minute circuit. That'll put some hair on your balls or..uh..lips.
>>
>>42544969
Go to the fucking doctor your shits infected.
What the fuck are you even doing!
>>
>>42544983
Fuck, can it really get infected that easily? I'm at the gym rn, should I stop or can I keep going?
>>
>>42544989
GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR!
>>
>>42544969
bruise is totally normal, when I made a blood donation it took 2-3 weeks for it to go away. I've never felt pain from moving my arm, though. Only slight pain when I press on my forearm.

You obviously don't want to rest. Now, if you normally rest on weekends, you could try to make a 3 or 4 day long rest this weekend, trying to not cause any pain to your arm throughout the day. Do you keep working out and hope it goes away? yeah , but if no improvement after a second week, then it's probably time for you to take a short brake.
>>
>>42545014
O-ok. It's not like an abcess or anything just a bruise under the skin, I really didn't think it was that serious
>>
>>42544969
Go back to the doc brah
>>
>>42544969
>>42545040
Go to your doctor ASAP
>>
>>42545040
Not that anon, but I got blood drawn a few months ago and if you get a shitty nurse itll bruise you for a week or two. Give it another week I say, as long as its just bruised.
>>
Got the back of my neck fucked last morning. Can't turn to my left or right without a sharp pain in the upper back/neck area. Had to skip gym this week. Please help me somebody.

It's not a spinal pain BTW, feels much more like a muscle problem.
>>
are most people able to achieve the hollow cheeks look, granted they have low enough BF?
>>
>>42545073
Was this caused by lifting and if so what lift?
>>
>>42545046
>>42545046
>>42545069
Ok I'll make an appointment tomorrow morning

>>42545036
>>42545072
That's the thing, I kept thinking it was just the nurses fault but the length that the bruise has been there worries me. Anybody know why it bruises like that?
>>
>>42545083
I was doing pull-ups and felt a pinch. It didn't hurt and I finished my workout. Woke up the next morning with the pain.
>>
>>42545096
Probably is the nurses fault, but you should still get it looked at if its getting worse.
>>
>>42545096
I bet you $10 they'll laugh and just say its a bruise because the nurse did a shit job.
>>
File: c9w8k6n1.png (82KB, 259x250px) Image search: [Google]
c9w8k6n1.png
82KB, 259x250px
What is a good greyskull routine? They all seem so quick and easy, is that the point?
>>
>>42542297
How often should I train abs?
Also rate my routine
>Decline sit ups 3x20
>Cable crunch 3x20
>Hanging leg raise 3x20
>Knee raise 3x20
>Wood choppers 2x20
>Cable twist 2x20
>>
>>42545096
>blood left the vessel after needle went out
>blood cells don't belong outside of vessels
>macrophages come
>macrophages eat blood cells
>iron from blood cells is released
>macrophages turn yellow-brown
>macrophages now called siderocytes
>>
>>42545130
4/10

you get 4 points just for training abs. Routine is something you could read in Men's Health or Cosmopolitan.
>>
>>42545175
Enlighten me on a better routine please, and how often should I train them. I was thinking of doing 3 times a week to start
>>
>>42545196
okay, man.

>Decline sit ups 3x20 _______Useless
>Cable crunch 3x20 ________Average
>Hanging leg raise 3x20 _____ Very good. 2 kinds of this. (chin up grips makes you use less lats and more abs)
Hollow body HLL
and
V-to-L sit HLL
here is a video for a Hollow body HLL at 2:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD00kVP7CvQ

>Knee raise 3x20 __________That's what low mobility beta guys do
>Wood choppers 2x20 ______ Haven't done that
>Cable twist 2x20 __________Average

The best exercises for core are
HLL variations
L-sit variations
Hollow Body Hold variations
Sets and reps are 5x5reps or 5x30secs for the holds

I guess you can make your current workout more effective if you did less reps, with more resistance. It's like deadlifts. You can make a lot of progress with deadlift 5x5 or less, and you'll make next to no progress when doing deadlifts 3x20
>>
>>42545332
Greatly appreciate it!
>>
>>42545332
I do chin-ups at the end of my workouts as kind of a cool-down, but I'm interested in doing hanging leg raises.

Should I do them after chin-ups? Or should I do chin-ups one day, hanging leg raises another day?

My other exercises are just compounds as I'm getting back into weightlifting: squats, deadlifts, bent over rows, military press and bench press.
>>
>>42542297
is it possible to just not have enough delt to rack the bar for cleans? I'd like to start doing them but can't find a position that lets me do this. most posts I've found elsewhere everyone says it's mobility issue but even with elbows fully forward I can't seem to find a way to make it sit on my shoulders rather than my clavicles
>>
>>42545381
you can do them on the same day, if you got the energy after all other stuff you do. Order doesn't matter much. You can even combine them with no rest like
>5 chin ups
>5 HLL
>5 chin ups
and so on. This will give you sick forerm gains.

Also a tip. Try doing chin ups in the L Sit position. L chin ups are better than normal chin ups because your back is vertical. In normal chin ups your hips go forward. When you raise your legs in an LSit your hips go back and this makes the chin up harder and more effective
>>
File: 1470803665704.jpg (227KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470803665704.jpg
227KB, 725x1024px
>>42542297
I just got 1000lbs club and want to get 1500 in 3-5 years. Any advice for what programs and their order I should do?

I did SL>TM>531 (current)

I also have 7" wrists at 6'3" and 200lbs so I'm wondering how fucked I am genetically.
>>
File: Jaco De Bruyn.jpg (32KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
Jaco De Bruyn.jpg
32KB, 480x488px
>>42542297
Going to Hawaii in a month. Looking to lean out my workout. I look decent right now but want my bodyfat% to go down without losing a ton of mass. What do?
>>
>>42545504
>HLL
lol is that your throat being pinned under a barbell?
>>
>>42545504
>You can even combine them with no rest
fuaark, good advice

>In normal chin ups your hips go forward
I almost just naturally did L chin-ups because I was annoyed at my body swinging. I will try to perfect the form.

Thanks a lot, anon
>>
>>42544653
look up any ppl. yours is disgusting
>>
>>42545540
cut you fucking idiot
>>
>>42545080
If you don't know what stress is, yes
>>
>>42545554
haha yeah I guess it sounds something like that
>>
I just got to 1pl8 on bench and I can't finish my third set without a spotter. I'm doing GSLP, but is there another exercise I should do to help my chest out? It seems to be really lagging behind my other lifts.

Stats are 5'11" 168 lbs cutting at like 18-20%.
>>
>>42542297
Any recommended vegan protein I can cop on yurop?
>>
Any personal trainers out there know if it is possible to work as a trainer part time without working weekends at a commercial gym?
>>
File: IMG_2104.png (418KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2104.png
418KB, 750x1334px
How is my routine?
>>
how do i improve my pullups?
i dont know if i should do them every day or every back day
>>
Fitness wise, what do most manlets go for when it comes to bodytypes? Other than kill themselves that is.
>>
Should I go back to SS if I haven't lifted in months or start with an intermediate?
>>
>>42546075
>no squats
>no deads
>volume day has 336 reps lol
>'heavy' day is almost certainly not heavy since you're doing 75 reps of compounds

Pretty garbage tbqh. You're almost certainly a novice with weak lifts. Why not do a typical novice strength program until you are can actually move some weight? They're all very similar for a reason.
>>
Which can build more muscle, Machines or Calisthenics?

>In b4 free weights. We know that.
>>
How often do you train abs/obliques and what does that routine look like?
>>
>>42546319
Just do them maybe often, even on rest days? Also go hard on rowing movements. Maybe add dumbbell rows as an accessory?

>>42546681
>Should I go back to SS if I haven't lifted in months or start with an intermediate?

I mean, maybe for a month or two? Your strength will return pretty quickly. After 2 months of holidaying, I got back to hitting PRs after about 3 months lifting. It's mostly just getting your CNS back up to speed. You shouldn't have really any muscle.
>>
>>42543211
You are overtraining some muscles while ignoring others bro
>>
>>42546721
That means 6 times a week or 2?
>>
Hey /fit/. 6'1" 203 here. I've been lifting for five months so far by doing PPL. But, an article I just read says powerlifting routines are the way to go. Did I fuck up? Is it too late to go SL 5X5? Did I squander my beginner gains? Or will I build strength and mass by continuing to do PPL? I love the routine, but should I switch? Any advice appreciated.
>>
>>42547040
>I love the routine
Keep doing what you're doing if it's working for you.

The most important principle that you cannot violate if you want to make gains, is the principle of progressive overload i.e. over time you have to keep increasing your performance. Many people like powerlifting/strength programs because they generally place a big focus on increasing your numbers, whereas most bodybuilding programs are really more routines than programs, and progress isn't really planned per se. But that doesn't mean that it can't or won't necessarily happen. What bodybuilding routines, such as PPL, do have however, is high volume and a large selection of exercises, both of which are great for building muscle mass PROVIDED you adhere to the principle of progressive overload.

Principally, 10 sets are better than 1 set. But if you can't make progress doing 10 sets, and you can make progress doing 1 set, then doing 1 set becomes the better option. I think this is the main reason many people like strength programs.
In truth it's not that simple though. Going through high volume training phases might sometimes mean you won't be increasing your lifts for a while, but still it'll often set you up for improved performance when you switch to a lower volume approach. Training should be cyclical.

Still, THE most important thing is that you enjoy the training. The worst program done with passion and intensity will trump the best program being half-assed. So keep that in mind.
>>
Could I have some sort of sprain/fracture, or are my feet just little bitches who need to harden the fuck up?

Past 2 weeks or so I've started doing a little jump rope on concrete with shoes, just like 5 minutes at a time maybe 3-5 times a week (I also lift and am not overweight or outrageously unfit).

Now I'm getting occasional pain in one of my feet. It comes on fairly suddenly, but dissipates after a few minutes of rest. It's only come on twice so far (once shortly after skipping, and just then about a minute into starting), and I've done jump rope sessions in between with no pain. I also haven't noticed any swelling or bruising, or any issues when lifting.

Basically when putting pressure on the ball of my foot, I'll sometimes feel "I can't walk" tier pain through my midfoot (I'd say roughly along the metatarsal next to my big toe), but I can walk with no/mild pain if I 'cup' my foot and keep my weight on other points.
Massaging my foot doesn't seem to have any effect, and it's not tender to the touch. So it doesn't feel like just a muscle cramp.
But I'm not sure it could be a bone thing either, right now after a few minutes of rest I can very comfortably stand right on my tip toes and jump around with no issue.

I just wanna be cautious when it comes to a potential foot injury.
>>
>>42547202
A positive percussion test can indicate a possible fracture. It's easy to perform, just google it.

Otherwise if it's just some kind of funny overuse thing do to a sudden increase in a certain kind of activity, simply reduce your jump rope training to something like 2 minutes 3 times a week. See how well you tolerate that, and then gradually build back up over the course of several weeks.
>>
>>42545809
Stop cutting
>>
What do I lose if I don't do deadlifts at all, only squat? Do deadlifts even help in aesthetic purposes?
>>
>>42542297
How to beat lethargy on long cuts?
>>
When doing bench, squat, deadlift, pull-ups, and ohp in a workout what is the best order to do them so they're less affected by fatigue from other lifts?
>>
>>42547169
I deeply appreciate the advice and the well-written response. However, if I may ask a follow-up question, I would like to give stronglifts 5x5 a chance. Would it be bad, necessarily, to switch right now? Would I be better served in lifting for strength than aesthetics? Or will I gain strength with PPL as well? My lifts are increasing, but I'm unsure if I would make greater gains by doing SL. Thanks again.
>>
>>42547369
Don't be a flip-flopper.
If the gains are coming in- keep to your program.
>>
File: RP5fIL2.jpg (48KB, 450x559px) Image search: [Google]
RP5fIL2.jpg
48KB, 450x559px
Hey guys I've decided to start swimming.

What are some popular routines out there? HIIT preferably.

For the record I can already swim (not including butterfly stroke) but just have never done it seriously or a lot.
>>
Just started working out, have on idea what im doing, but I figured id post it here and see if its retarded or not.

100 jumping jacks
15 squats
15 reverse dips
30 situps
20 minute walk
>>
>>42547379
want to know this too

When weather turns to shit, I'll switch up running for swimming and don't know what to do.
>>
>>42547434
Add push ups and chin ups
>>
>>42547480

I always feel like I'm doing pushups wrong. I know you're supposed to keep your back straight but I can never tell if it is or not.
>>
>just bought mesomorph w/DMAA

>currently being delivered

>just saw athlean-x video where he talks about all the negatives of DMAA(possible brain hemorrhage, vessel constriction and heart attack)

just fuck my shit up
>>
>>42547490
Mirror, record with phone. Make sure you look forward.
>>
>>42547503
everyh single one of all these supplement products is garbage

i dont understand how young dudes dont get this...none of this shit existed 20 years ago do you realize that? "pre workouts" and all that garbage shit is a fucking marketing concept invented in the last 15 years to take advantage of idiots

arnold still had the best looking physique of all time, guess what, no pre workouts, no DMAA, just regular old roids and hard work
>>
>>42547543
Suum cuique faggot
>>
Started gym last week, been there 3 times now. I'm in really bad shape, never did anything physical. Can only do 3x12 28kg on the bench press machine and 3x12 70kg on leg press machine. Is it normal that I'm sweating like a pig? Especially face. Sweat just flowing down my face. I got a towel to wipe it and I need to wipe like 3 times per machine and after like one third of stuff done the towel is as wet from sweat as if it was dropped into water. Should I be worried?
>>
How many jumping-jacks equal a mile of jogging?
>>
>>42547543
I remember him saying that he used to drink a protein shake while in class so checkm8negro
>>
>>42542297
i have been gyming shit bro splits once or twice a week for a year now gotten some moderate strength gains im 6ft tall went from a 60kg to 78kg and increased bench from 20kg to 70kg deadlift from 50kg to 120kg etc looking alot better the i used to but still not great

Ive decided to take my routine and diet seriously for a change

i have decided to do the following to try and bulk to 90 kgs before my first cut:

Routine:
Strong lifts 5x5 or Madcow 5x5 depending on progression

Diet: 3000kcal
35/45/20 protein/carb/fat split for macros

does this sound like a good plan or is there anything i should change?

i also plan roping in a dyel buddy of mine to my routine so we can both get swole and he can make sure my form isnt wack and vice versa
>>
Can someone recommend me a decent rack for Squats, bench, press? I don't need a full rack since I barely have room for one. Also looking for recommendations on barbells and plates as well.

Thanks
>>
Recently I've been constipated. I eat a lot of dairy and eggs, I understand this may be the cause. Is this correct? And how do I get my proteins in a cheap and easy way without these foods?
>>
>>42549006
Eat oats instead and flush em down with some Monster(tm))
>>
>>42549006
Eat sunflower seeds for constipation
>>
>>42549043
I tried this all last week. I can't shit without an enema.
>>
I want to start running but the only music player I have it a rather large phone which bounces around in my pockets an insane amount. What are some solutions to this?
>>
>>42549038
>oats
I'll look into this. Broke as fuck though and yogurt is cheap.
>>
File: 1312058668960s.jpg (2KB, 126x97px) Image search: [Google]
1312058668960s.jpg
2KB, 126x97px
>>42547287
But I'm still fat.
>>
>>42549115
Oats are cheap
>>
>>42543652
How much will this improve your grip by? Looks like it can get you to a certain point, would I then have to buy another harder gripper to progress?
>>
Accessories for stronglifts? I’ve added hanging leg raises and planks, should I do them each lifting day or only in conjunction with one of the workouts? I’ve also added farmers walks to help with grip strength. I’ve been doing them on the bench days.
>>
>>42549200
>>42549200
Add as you feel necessary however after a point the progression will slow down and you will have to drop accesory work to keep up
>>
>>42549100
Go by car. It's quicker and you can hook your phone up to the radio.
>>
Any vegan protein from Prozis that you guys recommend? I'm looking at the brands MyVegies(this one is fortified with shit load vitamins), Weider and Scitec

I'm neither vegan or vegetarian but I'm looking to change things up for a while and also give my stomach something easier to digest
>>
File: IMG_0355.jpg (170KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0355.jpg
170KB, 750x1334px
>>42542297
How rare is it to be 23 and just now be going into puberty? I grew four inches last year. (6'10 230 lbs)
>>
>>42549200
okay, man, every lifting day sounds okay, as far as I can remember SL is 3 days a week.
about Hanging Leg Lifts. Here is a progression you can follow.
Half hanging leg lifts 5x5reps
Full hanging leg lifts (aka toes touch the bar) 5x5
V-to-L hanging leg lifts (this is harder) 5x5
L-sit 30 seconds at least
You should try and use your lats as little as possible. You can try a chin up grip since it lessens lat engagement.

about planks. Almost everybody in the gym does them wrong. Here is proper form from bodyweight fags
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL_NJAkCQBg
after planks 45-60sec you can try
dragon flags negatives with one leg extended
dragon flags negatives
dragon flags

and since you are so pumped up about working your core here are some oblique exercises to try that you'll probably love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_jIUGYh2
The exercise he does at 4:20
The exercise he does at 4:41
>arm on ground is just for balance
>no piking at the hips
>if your shoulder mobility is compromised extend your non-balancing hand like a hitler salute
The exercise he does at 5:22
> better variation is do do side plank arches

So here is what a good workout looks like
BP
OHP
squats or whatever you do on SL
1variation from the Hanging Leg Lifts
1 variation from obliques

do plank variations where ever you like, most people do them last.
>>
>>42547434
If you intend to do this for a month, 6 months or a year - then it is not a good workout.
You are doing a lot of dips, try harder variations. If you want gains, you need to struggle to do 5-8 reps of dips.
Situps are just a terrible exercise( you can google it ). Crunches are better, but still bad. If you want something good for the abs, try Hollow body hold or Bent Hollow Body Hold if the previous is too hard. Also Hanging Leg lifts.
>>
>>42542889
>>42542304
>>42542297
pic is what girls prefer the most. muscular but not too much and low body fat for aesthetics.
>>
15% bodyfat 70kg

Want to end up at around 75kg 10% bodyfat

Do I cut to 10% then bulk, or bulk then cut?
>>
>>42549366
Please stop posting faggot
>>
How much carbs compared to fat are you supposed to be eating when cutting?
>>
Any good bodyweight routines for someone with 0 equipment?
>>
>>42548964
I'm curious about this myself
>>
>>42549757
The most important part of cutting (aside from a caloric deficit) is getting enough protein. Fill the rest of calories with fat and carbs. Try to stay away from sugar.
>>
Where do I go after introductory programs like SL, SS or GSLP? I'm training for strength.
>>
>>42549797
yeah, lots, but let me warn you first. Bodyweight is more complex than lifting weights and requires more knowledge and therefore time (in the beginning)

reddit's recommended routine - it's good for strength and mass -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYajVlzpnYaUURONE5obkhjdVU/view (easy to understand)

Overcoming Gravity -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l4tVfdTJLheLMwZBYqcw1oeEBPRh8mxngqrCz2YnVg/edit#gid=2032740838 (hard to understand)

Foundation https://ufile.io/kw6v0 (uploaded it here, link works 7 days. Really really hard to understand)

Foundation and Overcoming gravity are if you want to learn tricks like
Manna
Hollow Back Press
Planche
Handstand
Front Lever
Side Lever
etc.

Reddit's routine is very effective for beginners and intermediates, when you become advanced you'd want to switch something better. By the time you reach advanced level you'll become familiar one way or another with your options for further development, so no need to worry about that.
>>
What's a good masculine haircut, /fit/? I can't do an undercut with length on top because my hair is too wavy. I would buzz it but I have freckles on my scalp. What do
>>
Can I do GSLP and boxing 3-4 days a week?
>>
when im doing a ppl split and there is only like 5 or 6 exercises per day. What do i do after that? I mean most of them i can finish in like 30-45 Minutes. Shouldnt I be staying in the gym longer?
>>
How does one get a nice tan? Would working outside for like 2-4 hours a week in my backyard cut it for a nice tan?
>>
>>42550082
Madcow/Sheiko
>>
>>42550082
>>42550207
and TM
>>
>>42550182
yeah if it's from 11am to 3-4 pm. Otherwise don't count on it.

>tfw people sleep in the sun
>tfw when you are going to work like a mule in the heat, sweating profusely, with dry mouth and with danger of a heat stroke.
>>
>>42550238
Thanks bro appreciate it, are there any benefits to a tan besides the huge spike in aesthetics?
>>
>>42550264
Skin cancer
>>
>>42550238
>>42550264
Also I forgot to ask, what spf number is recommended for a white guy to get a tan?
>>
>>42550264
yeah, you also get a spikelet in confidence
if you are white as ghost I have no Idea i am slav and use 30. So if you are really white, you could go for 40. 50 is for babies and little kids.
>>
>>42550278
oh btw, put some of that shit on your cheeks and nose. You don't want to look like a guy with a red face
>>
>>42550298
>>42550346
And also I've got some moles, they aren't bad, but tanning doesn't cause them to get worse or for more to occur does it?
>>
>>42550367
I don't know man. Most people don't have problems with moles and tanning
>>
>>42550111
Damn thanks a lot for the in-depth reply. I used to lift years ago and have pretty good knowledge from this. But I became lazy and made poor choices, I'm now in a situation where I do not have access the a gym and cannot buy my own equipment.

How slow is bodyweight progression compared to actual weights? I imagine it would be a fraction since there is nowhere near as much stress on the muscles
>>
>>42547766
Anyone? Should I go get checked by a doctor or is this normal?
>>
>>42550346
>that feel when I'm that guy
>>
File: hershel-walker-college.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hershel-walker-college.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Herschel Walker’s workout routine started off with just push-ups and sit-ups doing as many as he could. Each day he did more and more. After training for sometime, he eventually worked up to 2000-3000 reps of both push ups and sit-ups everyday.

Body squats and sprints where added to build leg muscles.
>>
>>42550519
>12 reps
Why?
You should probably get it checked out anyway, have you ever had a problem with sweating too much before, in any other situation?
>>
>>42550597
I dunno, my personal trainer told me to do 10-12. And well yea I do sweat quite a lot but this is just ridiculous, it's like niagara falls on my face
>>
>>42550623
Just to add to this; I'm supposed to do 10-12 reps x3 on everything. I do "all" muscles as in back, biceps etc the usual stuff on every gym visit, 3 times a week and I use the machines + some other stuff like crunches, no free weights. Supposed to continue like this for 6-12 weeks and then get a new program.
>>
>>42550623
>my personal trainer
Really now? Have you told your trainer what you want out of this? What's your routine? You just started out, you wanna train for strength, which means more weight and less reps. I was lifting slightly more weight than you 3 weeks in, while being a skelly at that.
>>
>>42550651
>no free weights
Why? Unless you have no choice at all, free weights is the way to go. Do SS or SL or something, you gotta stick with it for a while.
>>
>>42547379
Bump
>>
>>42550668
>>42550685
I haven't done anything physical in my life, my posture is non-existent etc. Just think of me as a a glob of goo with zero muscles. I'm only slightly overweight (like 1kg) but I'm probably like 99% fat. I would prefer free weights but I'm like 100% sure I'm gonna fuck myself up if I try it without having any basic strength and understanding of my capabilities. I also have hypermobile joints. And I'm socially awkward as fuck so even going to the gym requires quite a bit from me and all I do is use the ez machines. [spoiler] basically im a pussy
>>
>>42550726
>I'm only slightly overweight
Height/weight? We all had to start somewhere, and newb gains are a thing. I'm sure if your form with free weight is shit you can ask someone at the gym for help with it, but even if you're the weakest person on the planet you can do it with just the bar, at least. Look how to do the exercises and shit, you've got vast amounts of information at your fingertips with the internet. You'll get used to it with time. This isn't something you can't learn. For the hypermobile joints thing, I can't really say much about it except for go to a doctor and find out if they're gonna be a problem when lifting.
>>
File: 1501978987974.jpg (45KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1501978987974.jpg
45KB, 400x533px
For the females on this board

Wanted to buy some thights for lifting, but I'm a womanlet. There are two sizes

S- Fits tight, not too bad, but I feel umcomfortable psychologically since it's for pants sized below of what I usually wear

M- Fits kind of loose, not too bad, but can bend below my muffin top, loose on the knees and around the camel-toe area.

Which one should I choose? I'm 5'1" 142 lbs

Men's opinion are also welcome, maybe you have more experience seeing tight fat asses and have good advice about it.
>>
>>42550876
>not just wearing the tightest shit
>>
Squat shoes or chucks for OHP?
>>
Was doing ULPP 4 times a week.
It's good for aesthetics but I wanna get my numbers up on the compound lifts.
What's a good 3 day intermediate fullbody program?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170818-180536.jpg (148KB, 1080x1151px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170818-180536.jpg
148KB, 1080x1151px
How come I can do 47.5kg pemdlay rows but I need 32.5kg assistance on chin ups? Don't they both focus on lats+biceps? Doesn't make sense for one to be so far behind.
>>
>>42551047
You're fat and weak
>>
I've been lifting for about two months, and on the bench, I'm still having trouble feeling chest activation. I haven't been bumping up my weights because I'm worried about my potentially shit form, but I've watched a lot of videos and doing all the bringing down shoulders and arching back stuff. Is it normal not to feel it very much in your chest at lower weights? I feel cable crossovers pretty intensely.
>>
>>42551047
How did you get the graph?
>>
>>42551144

symmetricstrength.com
>>
>>42551115
yeah but not absurdly so. 80kg 183m.
>>42551144
Symmetric Strength
>>
>>42551118
I don't feel it in my chest either, but if I touch my chest after I'm done working out it aches a bit. Don't know if it's supposed to, but I'm a skelly and pretty much just have a thin layer of skin over my chest. Maybe it's that.
>>
>>42551172
then you're pulling the exact same weight in both cases
and you're just weak
>>
>>42547379
this might be a question for /sp/
>>
>>42551194
>>42551172
and pendlay row is easier since you're starting every rep from the ground
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (44KB, 701x392px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
44KB, 701x392px
>>42551166
>that feel when this can't be right
I fucking struggle with the pendlay row, squatting and deadlifting is way easier than any of that other shit, am I being trolled?
>>
>>42551243

...think real hard about what you just said
>>
>>42551257
What's wrong with what I just said?
>>
>>42551273
do more weight in sq and dl so that it's not so easy
>>
>>42551289
So that what's not so easy? I have by far a much harder time doing the pendlay row than any of that other stuff. I guess having no chest to speak of it's not surprising.
>>
>>42551326
I'll spell it out for you, buddy. Your pendlay row is harder because you're using more weight, and as a result, your stats for that lift are above average. More weight = higher stats. For your other lifts, they're probably too easy because you're not using enough weight. Less weight = lower stats and a lower than average score.
>>
>>42551354
Nope, I'm lifting 22 lbs more for the squat and deadlift. I really have no problem lifting the weight I do when it comes to squats and deadlifts compared to the pendlay row, even if it's lower weight.
>>
>>42551393
Are you saying your deadlift is only 22 pounds more than your row? I'm almost convinced this is an elaborate bait
>>
>>42551495
I've been increasing the weight every time I lift, and I started at very similar weights for pretty much all the exercises. Had to lower the weight the first time I did deadlifts because I couldn't lift it. I've been lifting for barely a month, and started as a skelly. Give me a break.
>>
>>42551393
you're retarded
>>
>>42551527
Don't worry, I'm not saying your lifts are bad or anything, just trying to explain the imbalance. It's a bit unusual but nothing to be ashamed of
>>
What are some good protein bars? Costco has their own Kirkland Signature brand. 1g sugar, 21g protein
>>
>>42551527

Anon im gonna finish my hypers grab some chipotle and then bang out an answer for you hang in there a mo
>>
made chili, only 1060kcals but a shit load of volume and I ate it all(first meal, broke fast)

I'm fucking full to the point of feeling like sdying, is this bad? Guess it's an experience I'll never repeat, rather just use less volume and higer kcals
>>
>>42542297
I woke up late today due to tiredness from working nights.
Should I lift tomorrow and Monday to make up for it?
>>
>>42551679
This is how I felt when I started GOMAD, it's cool.
>>
>>42551751
I don't think you need to lift 2 days to make up for 1
>>
>>42551790
Just worried it might make me more hungrier like expanding my stomach
>>
>>42551751
You woke up late? How does that affect lifting?

Lift today genius you can lift at night
>>
>>42551887
So given I lift Fridays and Sundays, I should just call today a loss and hit the gym Sunday?
>>
>>42551927
Can you not lift at all? You don't wanna make it a habit. Just lift as soon as you can, and do it on sunday if you feel like it. As long as you rest at least once a week you should be fine.
>>
>>42542304
this is bullshit.
my lats are way wider and i've not been working out for long or even regularly.
>>
>>42544934
where's the futa cock?
and if you still work out - yes.
>>
>>42551527

okay, anon:

lifting more weight is harder than lifting less weight, yes?

so the reason your OHP and row are harder is because you are COMPARATIVELY lifting more weight than your squat or deadlift. It's far easier to DL 1pl8 than it is to OHP it, so even though the numbers are lower, you are proportionally lifting heavier weight with those lifts, which is why your squat and deadlift FEELS easier.

As for your imbalances, these will sort themselves out as you lift more. On a LP like SS, you'll be adding 15lbs. to your squat and an avg. of 15 lbs. to your deadlift each week; they will catch up.

Remember to add 10lbs. to your diddlies each workout rather than 5, like on your other lifts.
>>
>>42552206
So how much do I need to lift to stop being a DYEL
>>
>>42552267
About tree fiddy
>>
>>42552267

get to greenman mode
>>
>>42552328
How long will that take me if I just started lifting
>>42552486
I don't know what that is
>>
>>42552566

all green on symmetricstrength.com
>>
>>42552625
Does it really take 2 years to get to that point?
>>
>>42552649

yes it takes about 2 years of consistent diet, training, and rest to stop being a DYEL
>>
>>42552669
But will I stop being a DYEL if I still lift in 2 years as much as I lift now?
>>
>>42552690

no. that's the whole point of progressive overload.
>>
>>42552711
But surely you can't really add weight indefinitely. You gotta stop somewhere.
>>
>strength routines good frequency hitting the same body part multiple times a week but low volume
>brosplits good volume but typically only hit a body part once a week

what routine is the mid-point?
>>
File: june9th.png (36KB, 718x838px) Image search: [Google]
june9th.png
36KB, 718x838px
How does this look? Its only one I documented in recent times and it's my Back/Chest day though i'll trade out what Rows/Pull downs I do each time with different variations. Hit 255 bench couple days ago so still getting progression with it.
>>
File: 10530943-2084357599234105.jpg (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
10530943-2084357599234105.jpg
17KB, 600x600px
Is MyProtein brand legit? It's really cheap and I've seen it mentioned here tons of times but I liked Mutant Whey and saw no reason to change. Now I'm short on cash. Is it wasting money or is it good?
>>
>>42552754

PHAT
>>
>>42553210
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
>>
File: greyskull.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull.png
37KB, 700x600px
So I wasn't making good progress with SS anymore, and started doing pic related but I'm doing 5x5s instead (bench/OHP/squat/chinups). Since the chinup/row part is supposed to hit your upper back, wouldn't it make more sense to do pull ups/row, seeing how (if I'm not a dummy), pull ups targets more of your upper back where as chinups are more bicep? And since I'm already doing curls twice a week, would it make more sense to do pull ups instead of chins? Or should I just stop being a pussy and do both?
>>
whats better cables or machines and can i get a routine for one or the other?
>>
>>42551172
>183m
Nigga you have a bmi of 0.0000000024
>>
>>42543419
Heavy barbell shrugs without straps and static holds. Just grab lmao 1.5pl8 from a rack and hold it for 30 seconds (or as long as you can), then rest, then try it again. Only do it maybe twice a week, after diddlies. Once you can hold it for 3 sets of 30 sec, jump up to 205 or 2pl8 and start again. You won't really need to keep it in your program for long, probably a month at most unless you want to keep it in
>>
>>42553430
I think you got both switched around Anon. Pull ups are under hand, chin ups are over hand.
>>
File: Massimo.jpg (43KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
Massimo.jpg
43KB, 800x529px
>>42553834
>Pull ups are under hand, chin ups are over hand.
>>
>>42547503
That'll only happen if you're taking lmao5scoops and then running a marathon or you're genetically prone to those things. You'll be fine, mate. It's a great preworkout, just don't over-do it
>>
>>42549515

Well I intend to ramp everything up every 2 weeks or so, not really sure how long I should wait.
>>
>>42550668
PTs usually have their clients do high volume work at first to ingrain motor patterns and help strengthen tendons and what not since most people are weak and brittle as fuck
It'd be more understandable if he was having him do barbell movements like that so he didn't injure himself trying to bench 95lbs when he doesn't know the form and is shaking all around since he has no stabilizers
>>
>>42553892
>he has no stabilizers
Not being helped by lifting with machines
>>
>>42543004
lower rest times
>>
>>42549166
>oh no im too strong

lol just get 1 nerd and progress
>>
File: dnal2kzue9gz.jpg (28KB, 743x588px) Image search: [Google]
dnal2kzue9gz.jpg
28KB, 743x588px
How much better will my gains be if I actually eat .8 - 1 grams of protein per lb of bw?
>>
>>42553450
It doesn't really matter
>>
>>42553955
Why aren't you already doing that?
>>
I need more more bodyweight workouts I can do in my room. I can do push ups but I cant do a sit up
>>
>>42554051
I didn't think it was that important
>>
>>42554105
Why not?
>>
How to make oatmeal taste better without adding much calories? Salt and pepper help a bit and makes it decent if paired with meat, but as lone snack it quite plain.
>>
>>42554124
I didn't know anything when I started lifting
>>
>>42554197
It's fine, you'll actually have to learn all this shit if you want your gains not to disappear into oblivion.
>>
File: 1454984174316.jpg (33KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1454984174316.jpg
33KB, 319x440px
>>42554145
>Salt and pepper
>>
>>42542297
Can creatine accelerate balding if I take 3 grams a day?

Do I have to give a shit about loading creatine, or can I just take aforementioned 3 grams a day and be done with it?
>>
File: IMG_1037.png (228KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1037.png
228KB, 1242x2208px
I don't know why there are 2 threads, but help me plox.

>>42554198
>>
can someone give me an input on which muscles should be trained together?

my routine is basically:
>Chest and Triceps
>Upper Back and Biceps
>Legs
>Shoulders, Core, Upper Back
I am doing this for a longtime now, because someone told me back than, that it is a good pairing. Since i found /fit/ 3 months ago, i started to do some research.
All i found was basically it doesn´t matter that much if you do my routine or have a separated Arms-, Chest- and Back-Day. You just need to do the right exercises etc. Their are Pros and Cons for both, or other methods.
Can someone confirm my observation? should i do more research? Any tips?

Also:
i adapted the program of my friend because of reasons. Basically every exercise contains 10-12 reps. I want to gain Muscle Mass and the Sticky advises to lower the reps to 5-10 and increase the load. Should i also lower the reps of the exercises where i am doing 10 reps anyway? Does it make that big of a difference?

not a native, so i hope i could express myself clearly

>inb4 lurk more
i will
>>
>>42554350
If you increase the weight over time, you're not gonna be doing high reps, that's for sure.
>10-12
You going for hypertrophy?
>>
>>42550876
Buy a pair of fucking proper shorts you fat whore
>>
>>42554350
Lower reps to 5-6ish and work up in weight until you can barely do 5. Then throw a set of 10's or fives on and you "should" (dependent on exercise) be able to barely do 3 reps. Increase again, and go for 1 rep. Essentially warm up until you can do a 5/3/1. Rinse repeat.
>>
>>42554210
Just a bit.
You're supposed to cook oatmeal with salt, apparently.
>>
>>42554304

Yes

Either way works. It will probably take like a month of 3g a day until you get to the same level of loading 20g a day for a week but after that it's the same
>>
No one's answered in the other QTDDTOT so I'll ask here. How do you mew? I can't find videos on it or anything. How do I know I'm doing it right?
>>
>>42549584
>muscular

I dont see any
>>
Do prunes actually have a unique benefit for inducing the shits, or is it that they have more fiber than other fruits? I've been drinking over a gallon of water and hitting my fiber goals each and every day for months and I'm still suffering from severe constipation.
>>
>>42554364
>you're not gonna be doing high reps, that's for sure.
yeah, if i increase the weight, i train on this level until i get to 10 or 12 reps. Let me just give an example. i do 10 reps with the current weight on the bench. I do 12 reps with current weight on Lat Pulldown
Soudl i just go for 8 reps on bench and Lat Pulldown?
>You going for hypertrophy?
no, i have a 5-6 days cycle.
>>
>>42554439
How fast do you plan on increasing the weight? If you're gonna lift the same weight until you get to 12, it's gonna be pretty slow.
>>
File: 1502645062994.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502645062994.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>42554403
>5/3/1. Rinse repeat.
What you advise is a Strength program according to pic related. If i want to go for Muscle Mass, according to pic related i should do some more reps. But desu, i guess your programm also delivers on muscle gains.
How is your program called? i would do some research.
>>
>>42547766

Nah dude that's normal. I remember when i was where you are. Keep it up and you'll see big improvements soon. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>42554465
>How fast do you plan on increasing the weight? If you're gonna lift the same weight until you get to 12, it's gonna be pretty slow.
Yeah, i came to that conclusion as well. I think I can´t really tell you "how fast" but i am stuck with my current wait much longer than i am used to before i started with 12 reps. This is why i aim for 6-8 reps. Also Anon>>42554403
advised this.
But to answer your question. I would like to increase my weight faster, than i am currently doing. Have you any advice
>>
>>42554541
Just go for lower reps. 5 or 6 preferably. You can't have both high weight and reps.
>>
File: 1488800051157.jpg (50KB, 429x391px) Image search: [Google]
1488800051157.jpg
50KB, 429x391px
>>42554562
>Just go for lower reps. 5 or 6 preferably. You can't have both high weight and reps.
This is actually a very helpful and simple advice. Thank you. You shall be blessed with optimum Gainz
>>
>>42554342
Bump.
>>
>>42554541
GZCLP for 3 months or till you stop making gainz.
Then switch to wendler BBB, or building the monolith if you're an absolute madman whose entire live revolves around lifting ( not even kidding, you have to be 100% dedicated for that program, esp the diet part which is 700grams of beef and 12 eggs a day, pure hell).
Enjoy being bigger than anyone else in 6 months training.
>>
File: 1502312152916.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1502312152916.png
142KB, 415x367px
>>42554650
>GZCLP for 3 months or till you stop making gainz.
>Then switch to wendler BBB, or building the monolith if you're an absolute madman whose entire live revolves around lifting ( not even kidding, you have to be 100% dedicated for that program, esp the diet part which is 700grams of beef and 12 eggs a day, pure hell).
>Enjoy being bigger than anyone else in 6 months training.
>being bigger than anyone else
t- thanks anon. i screencaped it and will look into it.
>>
>>42554697
GZCLP is essentially SS but not done by an alcoholic geologist from america, but by an actual manlet that puts clinics in every single powerlifting meets, also has more accessories and room for accessories so you wont end up with big legs, average torse and no arms.
>>
>>42542297
they will take you far. it will take you a fucking hell of a long time to get there though.

also, your legs will literally always be shit and guys with 2 months on SS will have better leg development than you
>>
>>42554650
>building the monolith
How long do I have to lift until I start this?
>>
>>42547766
just keep going partner. Its normal. Make sure you stay hydrated too

I remember I couldnt bench 1 plate now I can do 2
>>
>>42554562
this

increasing reps is solid at this rep range, but anything above 8 and it will become rapidly harder to improve your strength by adding reps - you're getting increasingly far from that optimal strength rep range and trust me you will feel it. go from 3-7 or something, then move up as soon as possible. that's my advice.
>>
>>42549100
hold it in your hand when you run or get the arm wrap
>>
>>42549687
cut then bulk
>>
>>42554747
>but by an actual manlet that puts clinics in every single powerlifting meets
topkek. the T-Rex mode with SS always concerned me as well.
>>
>>42550876
get medium and work your way to S

thats what my girl did
>>
>>42554834
That's not very bad, cody lefever has some impressive stats considering his physique and weight class.
Plus he looks damn good for a powerlifter.
>>
>>42554970
thats for sure. i just meant that SS does neglect the arm muscles a bit
>>
>>42555151
How so?
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (57KB, 560x408px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
57KB, 560x408px
>>42542297
bruce lee just did bodyweight and look at this nigga
>>
What separates a novice lifter from an intermediate lifter?
>>
>>42555428
an intermediate lifter is incapable of linear progression and the moment that becomes the case is the marker of the switch from beginner to intermediate.

being a beginner/intermediate has nothing whatsoever to do with weight - a guy who's LP runs out at a 315 squat is an intermediate and is therefore more advanced than a beginner who's LP is ongoing at a 405 squat (not that anyone really ends LP that high but you get the point).

most guys in gyms never transcend the beginner stage and most big guys never transcend the intermediate stage. what follows is the advanced stage which is more or less the natty limit.
>>
>>42552729
youll stop at around 2/3/4/5
>>
>>42553834
no everyone just calls chin-ups pull-ups
>>
>>42553430
does anyone have the same image but for PPLxPPL? or just ppl and i can refine it
>>
>>42555203
Bruce was a 5'6 manlet.
>>
Is there a way i can isolate my rear delts with a pull up bar?
>>
File: IMG_0416.jpg (883KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.jpg
883KB, 4032x3024px
Already pretty stronk(5pl8). I just want to have a big squat and look jacked. So I'm squatting every day.

Someone recommend some good upper body bodybuilding splits.

Pic unrelated, my cat eating ham.
>>
>>42556090
Not really
>>
>>42556124
>I just want to have a big squat
>strength
>and look jacked
>aesthetics

Choose one
>>
Anyone have a download link for the Renaissance Periodization powerlifting hypertrophy template?
>>
>>42556149
you are a retard. You can still have a squat above 3pl8 and look amazing.
>>
File: bostonkhakis.jpg (31KB, 432x592px) Image search: [Google]
bostonkhakis.jpg
31KB, 432x592px
Why does alpha destiny say 3 sets or 5 sets but not 4 sets?
>>
>>42544661
>>
>>42556339
How about I suck your dick you stupid faggot.
>>
>>42556386
i'll cum on your face you dumbass queer
>>
>>42556339
I wasn't going to waste the effort on a reply, so thanks for doing it for me breh.

>>42556386
Hey now.

Also a serious recommendation would be great.
>>
>>42544969

Aye, I'd probably hit up the doctor Anon. I like to donate blood when possible and I've never hand anything like that ever happen to me or anyone that I've known. I mean, maybe a little bit of bruising from a new nurse drawing blood, but not a bruise that continually spreads like that.

I'd schedule an appointment, let them know what happened and if they could take a quick look at it, etc.
>>
>>42553834
>answer is literally 100% wrong
ain't these threads something?
>>
>>42553892
>to ingrain motor patterns and help strengthen tendons
PTs don't know or care about either of these topics and the vast majority of their clients don't either. PTs are there to keep the gym tidy and to keep people coming back and renewing their memberships. if people get in shape as a result, that's a happy accident.

a PT is not a coach.
>>
Going to have gyno surgery soon, I took the patience of 2-3y of lifting, getting muscles, shredding down fast and I ended up looking pretty nice and lean but the fuckers are still there, completely ruins all my work/physique.
Pretty funny though when I lift my arms up you can see a lump on the nipple area and play with it

I plan to try and eat maintenance with high protein(2g per kg), how much will it fuck up with around ~1month off?
>>
>>42556615
post a pic of them

mine has gone down as i exit skinny fat but Im still new so we'll see how it goes
>>
What's the best way to warmup?
>>
>>42548488
plz respond
>>
How far do you drive to get to the gym?
The only one within 15 minutes of me is only open till 7pm. The bext closest 24/7 gym is a 30 minute drive
>>
say you have a home gym and a lot of time, what would be better:

45 min workout > meal > work 2-3 hours > 30 min workout > meal

or
1h~1.5h workout > mean and be done?
>>
>>42557845
the latter ffs
>>
>>42558115
why?

I can lift much harder on the 2nd workout than if I do everything at once.
>>
>>42557845
There's an abundance of research showing that splitting up your workout leads to better gains, although it is inconvenient of course. Also, don't fall into the trap of ending up doing twice the amount of training you should be doing.

>>42558115 This guy has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>42557715
honestly, this was pretty easy
Jumping jacks can be incorporated in circuit training or high-intensity interval training to reap maximum benefits. Increase the intensity of jumping jacks to lose weight and replace it with muscles. According to Livestrong, ‘a person weighing 150 pounds will burn about 274 calories in a 30-minute bout of jumping jacks when they're done at a vigorous intensity'.
http://www.indiatimes.com/health/tips-tricks/lose-weight-and-burn-calories-with-jumping-jacks-241625.html

If you are in moderate intensity, you will feel your heart rate increasing with sweating a bit. You will be able to carry on a conversation though. If you weigh 150 pounds, you can burn about 153 calories by doing moderately intense jumping jacks for 30 minutes. You will burn about 204 calories if your body weight is 200 pounds and you do jumping jacks for the same amount of time.

If you are in high intensity, jumping jacks calories will be different. High intensity means you're breathing fast, your heart rate is quite fast, and you're only able to speak in short phrases. In this case, you will burn 274 calories if your body weight is 150 pounds and you work out for half an hour. A 200 pounder can burn 366 calories in the same amount of time.
http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/Jumping-Jacks-Calories.html

here you can calculate how much you burn for running half an hour
https://www.runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator

>jumping jacks
i hope you have a good rason to do jjacks instead of running, swimming, cycling, rowing or stepping
>>
File: 1477481520701.png (141KB, 426x220px) Image search: [Google]
1477481520701.png
141KB, 426x220px
>>42557715
and learn how to use google you useless piece of shit
>>
>>42556124
honestly, read the Sticky

here you can get some inputs on what exercises to do (just use the section for the upper body)
https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/beginner-arm-training-guide.html
>>
Posting this in both threads hoping for an answer

Ive started doing situps at home on two towels as padding and have gotten like heatburn just about my butt. Whenever I do them now it also really hurts for like the first 50 then goes away. Anyway to avoid this?
>>
>>42545096
>make an appointment
Don't you have walk in clinics?
>>
File: IMG_1090.jpg (48KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1090.jpg
48KB, 500x700px
I just started working out last week how's my progesss?
I do push-ups, sit ups and dumbbell curls
>>
File: IMG_1091.jpg (73KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1091.jpg
73KB, 736x981px
>>42558578
Here's my before pic from 2 weeks ago
>>
File: fHLRcJL.jpg (196KB, 2120x1590px) Image search: [Google]
fHLRcJL.jpg
196KB, 2120x1590px
What's the minimum effective stretch routine to fix my shitty nerd posture I got from years of computer sitting?
>>
File: foryourtrouble.gif (1MB, 360x260px) Image search: [Google]
foryourtrouble.gif
1MB, 360x260px
>>42558263
>>42558271
Thank you, anon. You're right, I should've googled. I just needed to know somebody somewhere was willing to help me.
And I have to jump jacks because I'll be confined to a limited space for a long period of time.
>>
>>42542297
Is krav maga a meme or will it actually help in streetfights and when gettig mugged
>>
>>42558826
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS6gfuSmRYM

his whole channel is great for poor posture
use 1.5x speed when he explains and
use 1x speed when he shows the exercises
>>
>>42544661
Twice a day
>>
>>42559711
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2VQ_WZ8Bto
What about this?
>>
Hey /fit/ explain this to me

I was eating at 1450 cal/day and lost weight really fast for a bit, but once I hit the low 70's it plateaued hard. I was basically stuck at the same measurements for months. Someone suggested I just turn around and bulk but I wasn't happy with the amount of visible body fat I still had on me.

So I've been increasing my intake by 100 or so calories every week. Now this week I've been eating at 1750 cal/day. My previous measurement last week was 168.4 lbs. I haven't even taken a shit today and weigh 167.6 lbs.

How the fuck could I be losing weight with more calories?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.