[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long leg squat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: long_femurs.png (675KB, 461x704px) Image search: [Google]
long_femurs.png
675KB, 461x704px
Guys with long legs, how did you work on your squat?

I am 6'3 with very long legs relative to my torso and my squat is abysmal, I can barely squat 1 pl8.
Does the knees not beyond toes count for us as well or? Should I squat how I am comfortable or try to force myself into some textbook form?
>>
>>42535666
Nothing wrong with knees going beyond your toes.

Eat more, sleep more, lift harder.
>>
>>42535666
Squat how you're comfortable. The whole knees beyond the toes thing is fucking stupid, just squat the way that's the mos comfortable and natural feeling for you. I'm also a tall dude, and sticking to text book form only fucked up my back. Don't be afraid at all of forward knee travel. Also, I'd recommend a pair of olympic lifting shoes.
>>
I find low bar squats work better with people with long legs. The thing about long legs is that it requires you to have a lot of torso lean to keep your weight over midfoot. Thats going to put a lot of the weight on your lumbar, and a low bar squat lessens the distance between the bar and your waist, which decreases the moment arm placed on your back. Besides that recommendation, all i can say is find a width and foot angle that feels comfortable. Take extra care to make sure you're loading the weight in your hips / ass and not in your knees. Push through your heels is a good cue.
>>
>>42535666
checked, I am also 6'3'' and my squat sucks (255lbs) at the moment but at least Im not like fucking you.

Just squat ATG man, dont overthink it. People get anal about leg direction and feet width but I say just find what is most comfortable for you not everyone is built the same of course so why have the same exact positioning?

Dont forget to do front squats as well! They may look intimidating or you may choke yourself a bit but they hit your quads and abs/core like fucking crazy. Do these after your normal squats. Leg press machines too. The kind you add normal plates to, not the cucked pin & weight version.

I also recommend weighted lunges, and to actually use the "vagina machines" that most guys are embarrassed to use for some reason. They are literally isolators. I was shocked how hard the leg extension machine hit my quads.
>>
>>42535785
forgot to mention, as >>42535737 said olympic/flat soled shoes are a great choice. Personally, I just take my shoes off and lift in my socks for squats and DL's. Im not supposed to at my gym but fuck the police
>>
>>42535785
Yeah I squat ATG, 3x5 for now, looking for that comofrtable position right now.

But are there any unversial cues that are a must for everyone no matter their build?
>>
>>42535857
>But are there any unversial cues that are a must for everyone no matter their build?

Not sure I understand the question. I dont have anything else to add except obvious shit like learn how to ditch the bar behind you if you absolutely must and keep your back straight while lifting. Cat back is never good for any lift. Acceptable if you gotta do it just a little during that last heavy lift but of course dont make it a habit.
>>
Work on your ankle flexibility! Keep your heels on the ground, go below parallel, Keep your knees pointed outward and push. Simple stuff my fellow gym man
>>
>>42535666
As you're comfortable. Everyone squats differently. I've got long femurs myself so I have to push my knees out like a drunk girl in a frat house.
>>
There's no need to squat ATG desu, at least not with a low-bar squat

Squatting just past parallel will allow you to engage your posterior chain, core, glutes, and hip flexors more and use the "bounce" mechanism to come back up out of the squat with your HIP DRAHVE
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.