[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Permanent Damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: badwater.jpg (595KB, 1000x440px) Image search: [Google]
badwater.jpg
595KB, 1000x440px
What is the most a human can run without causing permanent damage to their body? I recently watch some David Goddins videos and he talks about he was pissing blood and then went ahead and continued 40 miles.
>>
>>42534078
Depends on your training and nutrition man. I've run a 100 mile race and got my food/drink right and was good to go a week later. I've run marathons where i didn't get it right and it took over a week to recover. Permanent damage is hard to do when it comes to running. Most people stop before they are at that point.
>>
>>42534194
curious, what didn't you "get right" on marathons?
>>
so pissing blood is acceptable? what about long term knee or lower leg damage? david goddins said he literally broke all the bones in his feet in one of these races.
>>
>>42534215
My nutrition. It was a hilly trail marathon and i went out solidly. Over the course of the entire race i maybe drank 3 cups of water, had 2 gels and 4-5 lollies. Basically i took out 6-7000cal and put in about 300 plus let myself dehydrate. The affects of this on your body can triple the damage you are already dealing with.
>>
>>42534238
Pissing blood is a very bad sign. Stress fractures heal so aren't really permanent. What videos did you watch? Post links?
>>
>>42534258
https://youtu.be/78I9dTB9vqM?t=991
>>
>>42534238
Maybe that guy isn't that good of a runner then. I know a group that does ultramarathons, they don't breakj bones or piss blood after.
>>
>>42534238
You can permanently injure your heart doing marathons let alone whatever that guy was doing.
>>
>>42535080
he decided to run badwater. the race coordinator said you can only qualitfy by running 100 miles in a day. he was "240lbs or 270lbs" and decided to do it. At mile 70 he took a break, pissed blood, shit himself, got up and finished the 30. He had already done bud/s 3 times and toured as a seal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.