[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 43

Old one hit the magic number.

So I get that not lifting and simply dieting and doing cardio only = skinny fat.

However. Does this hold true for swimming? Especially sprint/HIIT style swimming?

I know it's still cardio but swimming just seems... Different from your standard cardio.

TLDR: Would just swimming and diet alone still result in a skinny fat body in the end?
>>
Whats the deal with sipping? Literally just drinking chemical-laden caffeine shit-water?
>>
>>42531053

I get out lapped commonly by just out of their prime middle aged professors at UT Austin. You can be chubby/skinny fat and still carve out laps like no other.

I alternate 30 minutes of cardio with either climbing 200 floors in 30 minutes, or swimming laps for 30 minutes with my lifting and dieting. I'm not looking at being huge though, just in great shape.
>>
>>42531320
>Literally just drinking chemical-laden caffeine shit-water
Ya but don't forget
Overpaying a huge corporation for it
And
Buying into their paid schilling here on fit
>>
>>42531053
ottermode brah
>>
>>42531053
Wrong. Fasting and lying around = skinny. Period. If you eat little you will not be fat. There is absolutely no need for lifting. Just go for a walk once a week.
>>
>>42531360
The only way swimming will make you ottermode is if you are 25-30 and your natural muscle is peaking
But everyone here is 16 so that won't work you'll just lose your fat and look in shape but relatively featureless
>>
File: confused black man.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
confused black man.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>42531409
>The only way swimming will make you ottermode is if you are 25-30 and your natural muscle is peaking
>But everyone here is 16 so that won't work you'll just lose your fat and look in shape but relatively featureless
>>
What's a good site for tracking calories that has a lot of foods already in the database and are actually accurate? MFP isn't working for me for some reason.
>>
>>42531439
myfitnesspaldotCOM
>>
>>42531453
That's the one I said isn't working for me. It's been saying can't find the server for days now.
>>
File: 1348430911277.png (10KB, 327x173px) Image search: [Google]
1348430911277.png
10KB, 327x173px
What's a good thing to read/watch/listen that will make me wanna go work out and lift the heaviest weight in the room?
I find myself enjoying my workouts much more when I just watched or read something that pumps me up.

Open to anything
>>
How much does pre-workout make a difference and what is the best thing to take?
>>
>>42531409

This is some dumb shit.
>>
After a year of getting my diet all wrong and having to cut back to skelly mode I've finally got on the right track and made some good first gains

Doing a home gym hypertrophy routine using bodyweight and fairly heavy dumbbell exercises

Thinking of joining a gym in the next few months when funds are looking a little healthier and would like to make some strength gains too

Can I add a strength day to my current routine like this and expect to be able to do progressive overload?

MONDAY (Hypertrophy) 4x8-12
Chest
Shoulders
Tris

TUESDAY (Hypertrophy) 4x8-12
Back
Bis

WEDNESDAY (Hypertrophy) 4x8-12
Legs
Core

THURSDAY (REST)

FRIDAY (Strength) 5x5
Big Lifts (Deadlift, Squat, Bench, OHP, Rows)
>>
>>42531567
>>42531435
It's common knowledge that a mans strength peaks at around 25-30 lern2google>>42531439

Being a twinkly fag who can't push 1pl8 but is at 10% bf from swimming won't make you ottermode
>>
>>42531625
never give advice on this board again
>>
>>42531664
>hur dur don't post real science here again because it degrades 16yos like me
Fuck off, they've done studies on this
Your average 16-19 year old does not have enough muscle to achieve otter without lifting for 3-6 months
>>
is 10 oz. of baked chicken about 464 kcals?
I want to make sure that's correct so I don't go over my daily limit.
>>
How do I keep my heels from lifting when I do squats? I can't for the life of me keep them down
>>
>>42531409
>>42531625
>>42531681
>swimming will somehow not give you the mode """"""swimmers""""""" are called
>>
>>42531573
I used to that routine, it's pretty fun.
I used to work up to a 5 RM and pyramid down from there. Try to hit that 5RM on friday 3x5. But that's intermediate shit though. Kind of a waste of gains if you're still milking those noob gains.
>>
>>42531691
Nail your shoes to the ground
>>
>>42531694
All the swimmers you see on TV lift
>>
Is there anything wrong with eating the same meals everyday
>>
>>42531733
No, try to switch around your veggies and fruits every now and then and you'll be good
>>
>>42531409
>>42531625
>>42531723
lmao this fucking guy baka desu
>>
Should I take protein powder before or after working out?
>>
>>42531749
Pic related is you in 3 months rip
Haha just kidding this homo does calisthenics which is more effective at maintaining and building muscle than swimming rip
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>42531793
s-sauce

not gay or anything just want to see more of this
>>
>>42531847
I dunno
He posts in all the fitness threads on /cuteboys/
>>
File: does a body good.jpg (449KB, 2123x1613px) Image search: [Google]
does a body good.jpg
449KB, 2123x1613px
I'm about a month into a slightly modified starting strength program, and my grip strength is shit. Are there such things as forearm newbie gains? how do yall deadlift lmao2plate without the bar slipping out of your sweaty palms?
>>
File: 1502723261981.jpg (22KB, 533x477px) Image search: [Google]
1502723261981.jpg
22KB, 533x477px
>>42531890
is there somewhere I can get more of what's in that pic?
>>
WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO WHILE MY AC JOINT HEALS?

IM FUCKING MISERABLE AND MY SHOULDER HURTS ALL THE FUCKING TIME

I HATE THIS
>>
How bad is sugar from fruits in one's diet? I've been changing my diet up a bit recently and found it hard to get enough fiber without including things like apples, raspberries, and blueberries. But that adds up a lot of sugar. Is that ok? I've heard that only "processed" sugars are bad for you and that the ones in fruit are ok, but I've also heard that sugar in general should just be avoided. Which is it?
>>
Which one should I crack open first?
>Concord grape
>peach lemonade
>green apple
>blueberry mojito
>>
File: IMG_5211.jpg (271KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5211.jpg
271KB, 720x1280px
>>42532240
>>
>>42531053
I'm not a new lifter or anything and I'm plenty aware of the fitness/supplement industry but this thing is a bit different, so here's the question.

I'm doing IF, I train fasted AND only eat around 4 hours AFTER lifting
Would BCAA's, HMB or any other supplement be worth it? Don't pre-workouts contain bcaa's and shit? If so, any brand in general and shit like that?

thanks in advance
>>
How come spot reduction doesn't work, but your overall muscular composition is affected by which exercises you do?

Yeah it's a retarded question but I'm retarded I guess
>>
>>42531907
no idea m8t
>>
>>42532268
BCAAs pre-workout in a fasted state will help get you through a session and help with muscle protein synthesis.
>>
>>42532268
>only eat around 4 hours AFTER lifting

bruh...
>>
>>42531539
im looking for the same effect, i already watched pumping iron 3 times and it always makes my pecs rock hard, also rocky but idk what else
>>
Alright so I've got a few questions

1. How do I do warm up sets on starting strength? What percentage of my working weight do I use and how many sets and reps? You don't have a break in between eithe right?

2. How do my gym essentials look? Water bottle, sweat towel, 2x 1.25kg plates, gonna start bringing a belt to strap around my core when my lifts start getting heavy and bring my dipping belt too when I'm on phase 3 of SS.

3. I want to run on off days what's a good distance to run? How many calories should I be eating also with SS 3 days a week, running on off days? Is 3500 a good number?
>>
File: 1472759482878.png (97KB, 273x349px) Image search: [Google]
1472759482878.png
97KB, 273x349px
>>42532578
Take 1-2 sets with 40-60% of your max weight, so say your max is 225, warm up with 100-125 somewhere in there for a handful of reps, slow controlled movement.
You're more prepared to workout than most.
Find out your calorie intake/BMR through the sticky, good distance, well start off with a mile and work your way up.

>>42532287
Exercises determine what muscles will grow and form, spot reduction is just a lame attempt to lose fat in 1 specific area, which is impossible because fat loss is achieved with a calorie deficit, not just working out specific parts of your body.

>>42532048
Fruit sugar is the best kind you can get, just don't intake a fuck ton of sugar, 1 apple has 19g of sugar just don't eat 5 fucking apples. Heavy carb intake is counterproductive for fat loss, so just measure your shit.
>>
I live in San Francisco and tend to work pretty late. Usually I order out when I work late, but just ordering out is bad.

What are some healthy, 400-500kcal food options that anon springs for when on a time crunch? I was thinking of getting some poke (raw fish + brown rice), but they tend to slather that shit in all these fucking sauces that can't be good for you.
>>
I've been a skinnyfat faggot most of my life, and have only started lifting seriously recently. I'm thinking of getting a 5-10kg weighted vest to build up general endurance and supplement my running/biking. Is there long term value to this or will it just be detrimental to my progression?
>>
I have problems suppinating my wrists. When I do any sort of suppinated barbell work, it feels like my wrists and elbows are being torn out of place. Is this normal? Is there a way to build flexibility for this?
>>
My appearance at the gym is sloppy. Not form, well maybe form, but rather how I look. I don't want to take multiple showers a day. I don't bother looking in the mirror. I don't want to go to the gym to meet a girl or make friends. Never did that before and it sure as hell isn't gonna start because I'm not trying to be a skinnyfat now.

I get up at 5am, walk to the gym (it's nearby thankfully), workout and walk back.

There's no interactions with others. It's just me and the weights. But as I start waking up and seeing myself in the mirror with bedhead and wrinkles on my clothes, I don't like it. But at the same time, I don't want to waste time when I'm on a time crutch and have to work out at 5am to begin with.

Do you guys have people that look sloppy like myself at the gym? Does anybody give a fuck about the whole, "dress like you respect the people around you" these days?
>>
>>42532303
neat, guess ill buy some

>>42532306
I'm not hungry in the following hours of waking up, and I'm fasting for so long that I dont even feel hunger but force feed myself
>>
What are some good ways to help heal pulled muscles in your back? I hurt my rhomboid doing overhead presses so my shoulderblade is stretched out and pretty tight.
>>
>>42532697
In my experience, as long as you don't smell bad, follow proper gym etiquette (reracking, wiping equipment after use, no hogging etc) and stay to yourself nobody will really care about how you look. Also anecdotal but as long as I avoid midday, I manage to stay clear from most gym faggots who would give me trouble over something like that.

If someone harasses you over it complain to management. If management doesn't have your back, I dunno I guess move to a better gym.
>>
File: sliced-bread.jpg (134KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
sliced-bread.jpg
134KB, 1280x853px
2 questions:
>1 - Should I eat a loaf of bread a day
I finished my cut, and I'm trying to work out my diet for my bulk.
I have access to free bread, and lots of it.
It also turns out that bread has almost perfectly the amount of calories/carbs/protien to satisfy my diet needs. (1 loaf per day)
However, I heard that bread=bad (simple carbs and too much fibre and shit).
So, should I eat a loaf of bread a day? and why? (also note; I'm pretty poor and like I said before, I get this bread for free)

>2 - Can I skip leg day if I work as a bicycle delivery guy
I work 4 hours a day 3 days in a row of bicycle delivery.
My legs get tired as fuck.
I either do leg day after doing work, in which case my legs will be so sore I cant do anything and look like a huge faggola
or I do leg day before work, in which case when I'm delivering ill be slow and in pain.
So, can I just skip leg day completely? I mean 14 hours of riding aronud (and I set that gear to max and go h4rd) to me seems like a pretty good substitute, but I know that cardio is not lifting. I already have pretty big legs aswell.
>>
Alright fit I'm at a total loss here. I'm 6'1 252 lbs at 30% body fat. Using a tdee calculator it comes up with 3k calories for maitence while doing light exercise. I feel like 2.5k calories is still way too much to lose weight. How fucked would I be if I did like 1800?
>>
File: 108733.jpg (124KB, 693x350px) Image search: [Google]
108733.jpg
124KB, 693x350px
so is skim milk actually good or does it give titties?
>>
I'm just starting out, I've been at this a month.
I've been alternating lifting and cardio hitting the gym 6 days a week.

A staff member suggested I split my lifting over two days focusing on upper body and lower body. Good idea, bad idea, or it makes no difference?
>>
>>42531320
Sips are actually pretty good, but I don't know where it started from other than people posting that delicious (yet affordable) white Monster Zero
>>
>>42533014
everyone always underestimates how many calories they consume, so 3k for maintenance is probably correct, its just that you underestimate how much you actually eat and thats why you think that 3k is too much.

Count your food intake (i.e. the calories), and cut out anything that's small enough that you wouldn't normally count it.
e.g. no soft drink (easiest and most effective to get rid of), all snacks (choc bars, peanuts (unless you eat a lot)), and other small shit.

Do a week of 2.5k calories, and if at the end of the week, you arn't losing any weight at all or you feel like you could eat even less, then eat even less.
>>
Can I eat greek yoghurt if I'm on a cut?
Should I avoid carbs like the plague if i'm on a cut? (no noodles or rice whatsoever?)

Is cheat day still allowed? or is it a meme
>>
>>42531053
I worked out Monday for the first time in months and my legs are still so sore I'm walking funny. For future reference, was it a good move to duck working out today? Or should I work though the pain in the future?
>>
>>42531573
Switching off between strength and hypertrophy days is actually pretty good, it got me from my plateau at 210x5 to 225 for a triple (previously on a 3x5) in a month while I was cutting, weirdly enough. I'd suggest working core more often though, at least 3x a week. An ab roller is a great investment
>>
>>42531691
Work on ankle and hip flexibility, you've probably got tight hips and calves. A wider stance might also help if you've got long legs
>>
>>42532952
Bas Rutten ate 6 slices of bread with marmalade for breakfast and drank beer for dinner. Do what you want.
>>
>>42533137
After 48 hours, you should be good to go unless you're injured. I find DOMS clears up with exercise.
>>
>>42531890
Keep your hands dry, use a towel in case they get sweaty. Use a double overhand grip for all of your sets, and only use chalk on your heaviest or last set (if you are doing multiple sets at the same weight). Weighted pull/chin ups, hammer curls, heavy barbell rows will help. Also, shrug a lot and work on static barbell holds. I do all of this (except barbell holds, I used to but don't need to with all the shrugging I do) and so far I'm able to hold 365 DOH for a single without chalk easily. It's my shitty deadlift strength limiting me now instead of my grip lol
It's something that will develop as time goes on, you don't really need to actively focus on it until you get to really high numbers if you're doing the things I've suggested
>>
>>42533161
He was a straight monster though

Sad to see him plugging that weed oil shit so hardcore these days
>>
Just got some adjustable dumbells and a bench w/ a bar. Can't do squats or diddlys because my basement is carpet and it's not too safe stability-wise.

I want to create a program that does bench, OHP and then replaces everything else with dumbbell stuff. How does one go about making that routine? My goal is mainly to aesthetics so any route that takes me there fastest would be best.
>>
>>42532952
The bread should be fine as long as you're getting your macros in, hopefully it's some sort of wheat bread and not just white bread.
As for skipping legs, go for it my man. You're limited by your job, and as long as your legs look good you're fine. But it might be good to squat at least once a week, just to keep the movement pattern down
>>
Everyone is always surprised when I tell them my weight. I'm 175 otter mode but they always think I'm 10-15 lbs lighter, why could this be?
>>
>>42533129
Yeah, greek yogurt is fine as long as it fits your macros/calories. Carbs are fine on a cut, it usually just varies from person to person; although the general consensus is that higher carbs = less fat loss. Just eat at a deficit and find what macronutrient split works best for you
>>
>>42533424
how tall are you
>>
>>42533446
5'11"
>>
>>42531861
>/cuteboys/
that still exists?
>>
>>42533297
Just do a sticky recommended routine and replace heavy floor barwork with dumbbells
>>42533486
probably got weight on your legs they cant see
>>
Is incline bench easier on the rotators than flat bench?

Is flat bench completely replaceable with incline bench?
>>
Alright one really cool guy at the gym today, I showed him GSLP and he said it's too little volume. So typically how do you guys add volume to a routine? For example for bench I was thinking just do additional 4 more sets at lighter weight but try to keep the same number of reps..
>>
>>42533560
I just add one rep at a time to sets when I can't increase the weight, but I feel like my current load isn't quite enough. So I'll start running sets of like 3x12, 3x13, 3x14 instead of 3x10 before I go up on weight.

I'm DYEL as fuck though so maybe my advice ain't great, idk.
>>
>>42533527
both use your shoulders, i'd fix the rotator cuff issue instead of replacing flat with incline
>>42533560
Too much volume is subjective, do whatever your own body can handle.
if your recovery is turning into 3 days its probably too much
>>
Someone redpill me on training fasted and only eating a few hours after lifrting(and still fasted)
>>
Ive always had big forearms since forever, so I bought a variable strength crush gripper with springs (cff pitbull) to make them bigger and stronger I started training them 2 weeks ago using a variable strength gripper and went from 200 lbs to 300 lbs that seems way too fast. Does anybody have any experience with the gripper I'm using to tell me if I'm just a popeye freak or the gripper isn't actually that heavy?
>>
>>42533582
Sounds like a cool advice.. I might try that.
>>42533585
How do you know when you have fully recovered and when you have not? I can't tell because I never get DOMS on my upper body..
>>
>>42533513
Can i still do barbell bench and barbell OHP? Or would i become imbalanced since you progress with barbells quicker?
>>
>>42532628
>Fruit sugar is the best kind you can get, just don't intake a fuck ton of sugar, 1 apple has 19g of sugar just don't eat 5 fucking apples. Heavy carb intake is counterproductive for fat loss, so just measure your shit.

What's a good daily cap on fruit sugar? I think I've been eating too much (around 80g total)...

If that's too much, are there any alternative sweeteners to use in things like oatmeal?
>>
>>42533426
What's a good macro ratio for a first cut?
>>
Do front squats place less emphasis on the lower back? Is it more forgiving on form?
>>
So I'm going on vacation for 9 days and won't have access to a gym but I will have access to 2 20 pound dumbbells. Should I just do a dumbbell workout to make up for this?
>>
File: 1471365052961.jpg (198KB, 1011x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471365052961.jpg
198KB, 1011x1024px
Is it possible to lose bodyfat while still maintaining the same weight? I've changed some things in my diet and workout routine and I feel and look leaner, my waist lost some cms as well, but I had absolutely no change regarding weight.
>>
File: frog.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
Should i be cutting while doing IF or maintaining to lose weight?
>>
How do I lower my bf %? Is it about the macro ratios or the calorie deficit? I just don't get it.
>>
How do you deal with protein farts? One candle is not enough.
>>
How do you figure out how heavy a person should be based on their height? Like somone posts they're 6 ft 140 lbs and people respond that they should be like 200 lbs. Is there an ideal weight-height ratio or a chart of some sort?
>>
>>42533863
There's no reason not to, dude.

>>42534062
If you want to lose weight you have to cut. You don't lose weight while maintaining, that's kind of the point.
>>
>>42533941
Yes, that's called recomping. It's much more effective for naturals than cutting is.
>>
>>42534100
calorie deficit
>>
How many g is too many g of protein a day to get from supplements?
>>
>>42533941
Reptiles, amphibians and smaller rodents like mice will make you fat, stick to lean rabbits and insects, you also don't have to eat the treat when you land on the glove
>>
Does anyone have that pic of peter parker looking in the mirror but he has rich pianos body
>>
File: Ginger Snap.jpg (3MB, 5168x5600px) Image search: [Google]
Ginger Snap.jpg
3MB, 5168x5600px
>>42531053

What are some exercises for facial definition and toning?
>>
If I have a slip disk, what can I replace deadlifts and squats with?
>>
>>42534263
just lose weight and train neck
>>
>>42534344

Aight, any good neck training exercises or lifts you'd recommend?
>>
>>42533704
Generally, it's good to keep a higher protein intake when cutting so 30-35% protein would be good, and imo you should keep fat at a minimum of 25%. That would leave at most 45% from carbs. I personally keep a 25p/35f/40c ratio most of the time, I'll switch it up for a 30/35/35 when I'm cutting but I've only ever really cut once since I'm eating at about maintenance currently.
Pretty much keep protein high, at least 25% fat, find what works for you. As long as you're in a deficit, you should be losing weight/fat
>>
When you measure your arms do you do it extended or flexed?

Also, how much of an impact does it have on my bulk if I don't hit my goal every day? My goal is 3700kcal and I don't always hit it, sometimes i'm short around 500 or so. Let's say I hit it half the time- will it take twice as long for me to make the gains I would if I was hitting my goal?
>>
If I were not training and ate a 9000 kcal surplus would I gain exactly 1 kilogram of fat?
>>
>>42534386
just do neck curls with a dumbell or plate on your forehead, that and exercises like deadlift, front squat help aswell
>>
>>42534263
also forgot to mention mewing
>>
File: 1495777485171.png (1MB, 1366x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1495777485171.png
1MB, 1366x1074px
is anyone here capable of OHPing 225?

i've never seen anyone do this in real life and i need to know if a fellow anon can do it, it would give me hope of doing it myself...
>>
>>42534403
What's considered high for protein when cutting? I'm currently around 35% but I was thinking I need to hit something like 50% which seems impossible.

Also, roughly how long does a typical cut take to reduce 1% bf? I know this various tremendously but what's a ballpark figure? A week? A month?
>>
My trainer was spotting me at the gym while I was doing squats. I accidentally hit him in what I think was his dick. Do you think it hurt? I just finished off my set and pretended not to notice what I did.
>>
File: IMG_2533.jpg (117KB, 745x1006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2533.jpg
117KB, 745x1006px
This seems like too good of a deal. Has anybody ever bought these or something like this that can offer insight?
>>
>>42534535
stop thinking in ratios. High protein is generally around or more than 0.8g per pound of weight.

>Also, roughly how long does a typical cut take to reduce 1% bf?
Too many variants to make an accurate guess. Depends on your genetics, metabolism, diet, exercise, etc. Some people lose fat easy some have trouble shedding it past a certain threshold.
>>
>>42534559
the plates are pretty cheap plastic
>>
>>42534599
Is that a big deal though? I saw the higher end adjustable dumbbells with prices as high as $300 and that seems too high.
>>
>>42534559
Pretty sure that's 2x20lbs, so those small plates are 5lbs. Not a lot of weight. Also the plates are big so even 2-3 sets of those wouldn't let you load up one bar too much.

I bought 2 sets of 110lb screw dumbbells ($75 each on amazon) and a set of 10lb handles, that let me set up a decent set of weights (maxing at 50lbs, 40lbs, 25lbs). Eventually I bought some 10lb plates to upgrade. They work pretty well even with a lot of weight.
>>
Is metabolism damage after extended periods of dieting a meme?
>>
File: IMG_2531.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2531.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Is my routine alright? I looked over several workout routines and tried to devise a routine that targeted the muscle groups it needed to while only requiring dumbbells and body weight.
>>
>>42531053
So I'm trying progressive overload to get stronger and shit, is it normal to be completely weaker when adding weight or am I doing something wrong? Example I used to do like 20 arm rows with 20lbs and I tried 26lbs but could only do around 15
>>
>>42534511

Mewing?
>>
File: IMG_2531.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2531.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>42534711
Fixed
>>
>>42531053
I'm walking out of the gym when the receptionist tells me "Have a good night anon". I've never talked to her and she knows my name. Should I be flattered or creeped out? She aint too bad, I'd rate 7/10. Nice legs.
>>
>>42534965
talk to her next time. Strike up a conversation, see where it goes.
>>
fat as fatass (171cm, 92kg), finally got back on seriously losing weight again, finally determined and got rid of the obstacles and excuses blah blah. Did a couple weeks of long walks (1~2h) to get my feet and legs comfortable with it, since I'm disappointed how quickly my ability to walk around town went away after last summer.

Finally got worked myself to start C25K last night, failed pretty hard, but feels good to take the first step. Going to repeat W1D1 tomorrow. My question is, is it alright to do some exercise other than running on the 'rest' days, or does my body need to rest to prepare itself for the cardio, not just the muscle/bone side of things? Would it be alright to do C25K one day, and a long walk or bike ride the next?

Also, is there really a requirement to rest two days, or is that just to make it fit nicely into weekly calendars? Is there any significant detriment to just resting one day between all runs?
>>
What are some good core excersises? Especially for lower back and those that helps for OHP/squats/DLs.

I have only been doing planks so far.
>>
>>42534991
don't you think it's a bit creepy tho?
>>
>>42535091
not really, as a receptionist her job is more or less to say hi and bye
>>
>>42534711
>>42534952
Fuck this man
>>
>>42534993
I started C25k at 90kg. I'd been using an elliptical for weeks before this and it felt way too easy so I started jumping to the later weeks.

On the 4th or 5th session, it felt like someone was smashing my knees with a hammer if I ran, though I could walk just fine.

tldr I had to stop running for 2 weeks to properly recover from that. Follow the instructions, the intro is not just for fitness, its for your joints and tendons too.
>>
>>42531053
OP here
So what's the answer?

Saw a debate earlier about swimming but no clear answer
>>
>>42532735
that's actually a nerve injury i think, you'd better just not lift for a few weeks and just let it heal
>>
Is it bad to do PNF Stretching on your own to increase flexibility? I've been doing static stretches for 5 weeks with no results.
>>
File: 1502947963299.gif (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502947963299.gif
206KB, 500x500px
When it comes to strictly building muscle, are gym machines really that inferior to free weights? Do they build less muscle somehow?

Fair enough stabilisers etc
>>
>>42535091
No dude, not at all. My best friend moved to the city I currently live in and for a couple months he stayed at a hotel. The receptionists were super friendly and always chatted us when they saw us around the place. The girl working there was super nice and always said hi.
>>
>>42535269
Look man I've met swimmers who have been really good looking and aesthetic, others not so much. My guess is that you have to equate lifestyle and diet into the equation. There is no definitive answer. Swimming is good cardio though, like extremely good cardio.
>>
>>42534711
Pls respond
>>
File: 1502606178358.jpg (284KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1502606178358.jpg
284KB, 1080x1350px
>>42531053
What happened to the BWG bodyweight threads? Haven't seen one in a couple weeks...
>>
>>42531053
Anyone remember that anon who got accepted into his comp sci program last spring break and was just playin vidya to kill time?
>>
>>42535308
Bump
>>
im not getting enough roughage in my diet rn

1) how do I make dark leafy greens delicious?

2) what's a tasty and convenient high-fiber snack?
>>
So I took a 2 week break from my SL routine because poor form fucked my lower back.

I'm back now but my quads FUCKING HURT. I worked through the pain yesterday but they hurt so much more than when i first started. I'm wondering if i'm just hurting myself instead of gaining?
>>
>>42535308
the effect on muscle growth is no different, but they are shit movements and most machines in gyms don't get very heavy.
>>42535472
2. Fruit lol
>>
>>42532578
Starting Strength WarmApp
>>
>>42532578
>1. How do I do warm up sets on starting strength? What percentage of my working weight do I use and how many sets and reps? You don't have a break in between eithe right?

warmupreps.com

rest for as long as you need to to be able to bang out your next set. So after lifting the bar just give it a few seconds, but when you complete your last warm-up set and are about to start squatting heavy, you might want to take a few minutes.

A good # of calories is one that lets you gain about a pound a week.
>>
>>42535533
Thanks. So aesthetically, you can still achieve the same results as with free weights with machines?
>>
>>42534952
It's fine, but there are more effective exercises.
>>
>>42535460
There are a couple of potential downsides to training on machines. It depends on what you use them for though - Everything has its uses.

First, machine training is easy (relatively speaking). That's just a fact. The neuromuscular activation does not match the levels of the free weight equivilants. As a consequence, machines don't disrupt homeostasis to nearly the same extend that free weight do. This disruption is ultimately what starts the adaptation process i.e. gets you gains. What this means is that you can kick your body hard in the balls with just a few sets of dumbbell bench presses, but have to work a good deal harder on the chest press for example.
On the other hand, due to the same reason, machine work is also less demanding recovery-wise, which means that it can be a good tool to add some extra volume after you main work is done that is "cheap" in terms of recovery.

Second, as mentioned above, machines do not activate the target muscles to the same extend as free weights do. A chin-up simply hits your back harder than a pull-down machine does (provided they're performed in the same manner) no matter what. This is one area where free weigths almost always win - However, on the flipside there are a few things you can only achieve with machines but not with free weights e.g. a chest press machine can include an element of horizontal adduction, which is something you cannot do with free weights because gravity will never pull outwards.

Third, as a rule of thumb, the less you have to work to stabilize yourself during the exercise, the smaller carry-over there's going to be between the strength you gain on the given exercise and other stuff you want to do inside as well as outside of the gym. In other words, you can be a beast on the chest press machine but be completely humiliated if you try pressing a couple of dumbbells for the first time, whereas if you're good with the dumbbells, you can pretty much sit down and dominate the chest press.
>>
>>42535472
Jam psyllium husks in your protein shakes. Not nutritious but it totally stopped me from shitting bricks.
>>
i'm finally blueman on symmetricstrength

how long do I stay on SS for before going for a hypertrophy program? Dark green man?
>>
>>42534514
I's seent it many times at my gym. We do have strongmen training here tho.
>>
>>42535589
He just explained that they aren't as good. Use free weights primarily, supplement with machines for extra work.
>>
>>42535630
The numbers are completely arbitrary. You stay on SS for as long as the program is working i.e. you can keep up with the planned progression. No longer, no shorter.
>>
>>42535677

i would be able to continue to add weight as long as I ate 6k calories a day and did GOMAD but then I would end up Zachmode

I want to build a strength base adequate for moving to hypertrophy work. What I'm asking is what a sufficient strength base would be.
>>
how do people increase their lifts on a caloric deficit?
>>
>>42535698
Common sense is recommended. If you can't continue progress without eating yourself into a pile of blub, then obviously you can't continue progress and the program has effectively stopped working for you.
I say again: shooting for arbitrary numbers makes ZERO SENSE. Imagine some tiny geek and the Mountain from Game of Thrones starting SS at the same time (assuming untrained). Do you think they'd hit the same numbers in the end? Fuck the numbers. Stop the program when progress stops. No sooner, no later.
>>
>>42534789
https://www.youtube.com/user/Orthotropics/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=p
>>
>>42535731

This is sound advice and pretty much what I figured but I wanted to make sure I wasn't way off-base.
>>
>>42535533
>the effect on muscle growth is no different, but they are shit movements
Think this through in your head.
>>
>>42535719
There's no trick to it.
Consider the following:

1. The closer you are to your own individual limit as far as muscle building goes, the harder it is to build muscle, and vice versa.

2. The stronger/more skilled you are in a given lift, the harder it is to become stronger, and vice versa.

3. The leaner you are, the less energy reserves you have to draw from, and vice versa.

4. The more energy you consume, the harder you can train, and vice versa.

There's no either/or. Things aren't black or white. All these things are a continuum. Whereever you are on this continuum determines how hard or easy it will be for you to increase your lifts. You may be eating 200 calories below your TDEE, but when you consider the other factors, it may still be relatively easy for you to increase a given lift.
>>
>>42535791
yeah but dont you need caloric surplus to build mass? i think it would be better to ask "how is it possible" rather than just how
>>
>>42535860
>dont you need caloric surplus to build mass?
Well. You need energy at least. If you have a big fat belly, that's basically a ton of stored energy you can draw from.
Also, your lifts can absolutely go up without you necessarily building any muscle mass.

If you can manage to train hard enough and recover (that's a big if, of course - and all of the above factors come into play) you WILL build muscle. Your body will find the energy somehow.
Like I said, things aren't black and white. But obviously the higher your energy intake, the easier it would be.
>>
>>42535882
ah, so you draw upon your stored fat, it makes sense. thanks you very much, i was confused on this for a while
>>
>>42535598
What would you suggest I add in or remove
>>
>>42535413
bump
>>
>>42531053
>dieting and doing cardio only = skinny fat

Dieting and cardio will lead to you being THINN and lean.

You get skinny fat just laying around.
>>
My job requires me to lift and pull open boxes for eight hours a day. By the end of the night the tendons in my wrists are sore from pulling and my back is in pain. I use squat form to lift but sometimes the shit is too heavy for that. How can I protect my wrists and back for the time being? This also makes healing after workouts tough because i work out during the day then come back in to lift shit all night. Anyone else do physical labor? How do you work this into the schedule?

Sorry for the loaded post.
>>
So I have been doing GSLP and right now my OHP and bench have pretty much stalled, I can no longer add weight to them every workout and sometimes it takes 2 weeks to add weight or reps.

Is it time to move on to something else? What's something good for strength?

Also how do I avoid pinching nerves while doing squats or deadlifts, shits annoying as hell and it's usually my left foot that gets tingling sensations.
>>
my nipples annoyingly always show through my shirt. If I work out and get a bigger chest, will the muscle make them point down so they're not as prominent?
>>
>>42536375
>Sorry for the loaded post.
u one cheeky cunt arentcha

Look into glucosamine supplements - shit will protect your joints/cartilage.
I'd recommend wrist wraps.
>>
>>42536375
I've been involved a little in research on low back pain and jobs requiring lots of lifting.

The fact is that as far as low back pain goes, you have the worst kind of job. While heavy lifts aren't actually correlated with a higher prevalance of low back pain, a high number of lifts certainly is. So no matter what, you have the odds against you, and I honestly recommend finding another job.

Nevertheless there are some things you can try.

First of all, if it's possible for you to spread out your lifts into more managable chunks during the day, this is better. I.e. it's better to do 2 hours lifting, 1 hour something else, 2 hours lifting, 1 hour something else than it is to do 4 hours lifting, 2 hours something else. In other words, give yourself breaks whenever possible.

Second, if you find that you spend a lot of time bent over with your low back bend (lumbar flexion), try to spend some time in the opposite position as well. For example you can lie down on your stomach and prop yourself up on your elbows, which lets you rest with your back bent backwards.

Third, contrary to what you might expect, a more physically demanding job actually requires you to train to get into better shape than someone who has a sedentary job. It's only logical though: a tough body is needed to handle a tough job.

Fourth, I recommend using a "hip hinge" lifting style. The squat has been shown to require too much energy.

>>42536393
>I can no longer add weight to them
The program is designed to be used with micro-loading. Do you have access to this?

>left foot that gets tingling sensations.
This shouldn't be happening. Do you feel anything in your low back?
>>
Can anyone recommend a decent seller of dumbbells that ship to Europe? I don't trust Amazon..
Doesn't have to be a lot of weight, until now just up to 20 kg required
>>
>>42536504

No micro plates, I do 5lb increments because my gym only has 2.5lb smallest.

My lower back feels slightly sore and tight, but no terrible pain or anything. It's a form issue isn't it.
>>
>>42536461
Not likely. Got a decent set of pecs but I still have the same nipple issue as you.
Although I think I might have a tiny bit of gyno going on from years back when I thought trying steroids was an excellent idea. So there's that.

Anyway, I try not to worry about it. From all the shit things that can happen to you in life, having protruding nipples doesn't seem so bad. I'm just happy I have two well-functioning testicles.

>>42536560
In my opinion, a couple of kettlebells is a cheaper and more versatile option. Strengthshop.de is a good seller.

Depends on what you want to do, of course.

>>42536577
>No micro plates
I assume you've tried deloading as you're supposed to?

There are very few cases where your low back is supposed to be sore. Not trying to freak you out, but perhaps you should try recording yourself squatting/deadlifting and see what might be going on.
>>
>>42536600

Hmm about the sore part I posted the same tingling sensation a month ago, I went to the doc and the doc told me it was sprained muscles. So now I went back to squatting and it was fine for 2 or 3 weeks but then for some reason my left foot got numb again.. weird.
>>
Im 85 kg
can I cut by eating just chicken legs?
I found this packet of chicken that has 1900 kcal and 320g protein

costs only 3 euros

is it viable or healthy to just eat packet a day?
>>
File: back.webm (2MB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
back.webm
2MB, 270x480px
doing jefferson curls
is this how you do them?

the video is sped up 2x btw
>>
Sprained my right wrist. Any alternatives to bicep curls?
>>
is it normal to feel the pecs after doing dips aimed at triceps? started doing it recently so may have fucked up the form
>>
>>42537315
wide grip dips build lower pecs
narrow is more from triceps
>>
>>42537315
If youre doing dips of any kind correctly, you'll feel it on your pecs, wide or close grip. Unless your ROM is literally just the top portion, it's gonna give you a good stretch on your chest. Use other exercises to isolate triceps if that's what you wanna do.
>>
>>42537345
ah I shoukd do that, thanks
>>
>>42536759
if 1900 cals of chicken legs fits your macros, go for it.
Doubt it will but go and live your dreams
>>42537081
There are chinups you can do with bands but it's best to just let your wrist heal
>>42537315
Dips will involve your pecs if your grip is wide
>>
>>42536916
Looks about right. To start with though i wouldn't use any weight.

>>42537081
What does the sprain limit you from doing? If you struggle to grip things without pain then I'm not sure how you'll manage to load your biceps in order to work them.

>>42537315
Yeah it's normal. When you first start doing dips you'll probably feel it more in your chest because it's a slightly odd range of motion for the muscle to be working in compared to bench press.
>>
>>42537359
How do I know it fits my macros?
I know I need 190g of protein but what else?
>>
>>42537359
It's been 2 months now. Been doing close grip chinups but doesn't feel the pump as good as bicep curls.

>>42537368
Absolutely cannot curl anymore than 25lbs.
>>
>>42537388
Does your gym have a bicep curl machine? Could you somehow brace the handle for that against your forearm and curl from there? It might be quite awkward.

Also have you seen a doctor? 8 weeks should be plenty of time for a sprain to heal.
>>
>>42537378
Dude just eat half a pack and then fill the rest with veggies and carbs. Calculate your TDEE to get the number of kcal you need and then distribute the rest of the calories accordingly
>>
File: Capture.png (819KB, 712x737px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
819KB, 712x737px
Is intermittent fasting useful at all? Not just for weight loss, but for the other supposed benefits like mental acuity.
I'm 6' and 172 pounds, alternating between 30-minute medium-intensity runs and some minor upper body lifting every day. Eating like 1800 calories a day (no sugars, but pretty random on the protein, fat, and carbs) between the hours of noon and 8PM. Looking to get the fat off my stomach, sides, and man-tits, and then start bulking up muscle from there.
Pic related. Does anybody have an specific suggestions for my body type? I just want to look attractive, the main barrier to that being my lack of arms and the way my chest pushes out from any shirt I wear.
>>
>>42537421
brown rice
spinach
cottage cheese (I count this as a veggie :D )
>>
>>42537426
To achieve your goals you're going to have to lift weights
>>
>>42537388
just let your wrist heal, sounds like you've been injured for ages
>>42537426
You look fine just start lifting.
theres no point in cutting as it wont reveal any muscle and you'd waste 2 months
>>
Does lifting for hypertrophy still work if you're natty? Or should I just go for strength? Trying to build muscle mass obviously
>>
So for a few reasons I'm only really able to do body weight exercises

MY body is looking fine but my biceps are absolute shit because I have no way to work them out (no pullup bar)

are there any alternatives?
>>
>>42537726
Well how much mass are you aiming for?
You wanna look better? Lift.
>>
does there exist a perfect low carb, high fat and protein breakfast?
>>
someone told me to do Greyskull so i'm reading through it and it says to do Barbell Rows

I've looked up a few videos and i've got some dudes saying to bend fully over so back is parallel with the ground and some others saying you want a like 45/65 degree angle

I'd be picking up the barbell from the floor, so should i do the fully bent over one?
>>
>>42537726
yes it works
>>42537751
grab anything heavy and lift it?if you must stick to bodyweight and cant do chinups then you'll have to curl your legs or some shit
>>42537840
they are different variants of rows, go with whatever you feel most comfortable with, probably the 45° angle one would be easier as a newbie
>>
Can I still get stronger cutting? I'm semi-beginner, skinnyfat 6'4" 205lb
>>
>>42537888
I'm doing pplpplx
>>
>>42537455
>cottage cheese (I count this as a veggie :D )
You have to go back
>>
File: 1487082423376.jpg (69KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487082423376.jpg
69KB, 600x400px
>>42531379
>>
>>42536649

Any help?
>>
Why does the ab wheel keep burning my triceps when I do the exercises? I'm feeling the contraction in my abs during this exercise but I'm not sure if my triceps are supposed to feel it as well.
>>
>>42533693
bump on this
>>
File: SHerzB8.jpg (674KB, 1288x3200px) Image search: [Google]
SHerzB8.jpg
674KB, 1288x3200px
I dont understand what Im supposed to do, whats the 2/3/2/4 format mean?
>>
>>42538084
rest at the slashes
>>
>>42538118
But is the number the amount of sets I have to do like If my limit is 30 I do sixty?
>>
>>42538171
no that's the number of push-ups you do
>>
Okay guys I have a few problems which really fuck me over mentally.
I always tire very quickly even though I usually sleep 8+ hours, I usually won't go to bed untill 2-3am though.
Have trouble keeping my dick erect when having sex, as soon as a girl stops touching my dick or when changing positions it will get flaccid quickly. Also I rarely have stone hard erections anymore.
When I do cardio or even when I'm cycling to the supermarket at a decent speed my heart rate goes through the roof but it goes back to normal quickly after that though.
Also everything I'm doing outside of just staying at home at my pc feels like a blur. Don't know if that's related but might as wel mention it.

Anyone knows what my problem is? I'm 6'2" 180 pounds by the way.
>>
>>42538179
Oh god now that you mention it I see the pattern, forgive me for my stupid.
>>
>>42534467
Do neck curls actually work or are they a jewish plot to destroy my spine?
>>
>>42538314
All I know is that you should not overdo on them. They will absolutely fuck up your neck if you do too many.
>>
Been given a few months of David Lloyd membership as a present.

Looks pretty fancy, but apparently at the induction the PTs give you a routine.

Anyone have any experience at one of these? Will I be okay to just do my own thing or will the PTs be annoying?
>>
will to heavy cardio training mess mith my gains? or am i safe if i stay in a calroie surplus and hit my Macros?
>>
should I take BCAA's before and after lifting if im fasting and only eat a few hours post lifting?(like 2-4h depending on the day)

also kinobody(yes I know) says to not eat the following 4-6h of waking up, why is that?
>>
I want to buy a ricecooker but i dont know what to look for
What specs are relevant? they range from 15€ to 70€
>>
>>42537726
Strength is just being able to use your muscle mass to lift the most weight you can in one rep.

The more muscle mass you have the stronger you can be.

There is no one or the other. To be as strong as you can be you need to gain as much muscle as you can.

>>42537840
Do whichever is most comfortable and you'll stick with and be consistent. The differences are minor in the grand scheme of things.

>>42537888
Depends how fast you are cutting. You can definitely peak as you cut, increasing your 1RM but you may still be losing muscle mass.

>>42538007
Are you doing it right? I can feel a bit of tricep activation when I do ab rollouts but they're only providing stabilisation.

>>42538084
What the fuck is this shit

>>42538204
What's your diet like? What's your history with recreational drugs?

>>42538474
Usually PTs don't give a shit if you don't do their program. Obviously some might but you're the customer at the end of the day.

>>42538505
As long as you aren't tiring yourself out to the extent that it affects the effort you put into your weight training you should be okay.

>>42538564
Kinobody is a bit of a meme and has some bits of advice that are basically the equivalent of fad diet advice.

When you take your BCAAs won't matter too much desu.

>>42538608
Pay attention to the capacity, check the reviews for different models to see how reliable they are. The only real difference is in build quality and how long it'll last.
>>
>>42538691
>Kinobody is a bit of a meme

Yeah I know, but I randomly watched a video of his and got into IF since I'm never hungry when I wake up

Im asking about the BCAA's since I've heard im fucking myself up from not eating after lifting since it takes like 2-4h depending on the day to finally eat after lifting
>>
>>42538708
In the grand scheme of things when you get your macro nutrients during the day is pretty minor.

Spend time worrying about lifting regularly, putting effort in, recovering well with good food and sleep and having a solid, well periodised training program that you stick to. That's what dictates 95% of your success.

The timing of your BCAAs is not going to make or break you.
>>
>>42538749
Yeah I know, I'm no beginner just new to IF and I heard things like protein synthesis and all that would get fucked for lifting fasted and then not eating in the following 1-2h which could inhibit a bit of muscle growth
plenty aware if I just eat a chicken breast I have more than bcaas needed, I have a pretty good diet too it's just I have one big ass meal and then a small one later the day
>>
>>42538691
Thanks alot for answering !
that question bothered me .
>>
Hey guys
If my sole goal is to look good naked. To be no more than ottermode.
Are machines alone enough for my needs? Free weights are always jam freaking packed at my gym
>>
I read on biochemistry books that the brain needs 120g of sugar daily to work. So can I eat 120g of carbs everyday without getting fat?
>>
Just started lifting. Currently at 130 lbs, 5'8" and 23 years old. Try to lift around 3 times a week doing mostly compounds with 1 isolation. I'm having trouble keeping up with this schedule as I'm getting obscenely sore and not recovering. I am not sure if this is a problem of routine, diet, or rest.
The amount of foods that I cannot eat without reaction is growing every year. These foods are:
Peanuts
Cashews
Bananas
Dairy (to some extent, intolerant but not allergic)
Wheat
Beef
Citrus Fruit
Soy (intolerant but not allergic)

I eat very clean and it's very hard for me to gain the amount of protein that I am supposed to be eating apparently (100g or so). Whey protein causes rosacea to flare and that's trying Isolate not concentrate.
What would the appropriate solution be? I've been preparing weeks worth of boiled chicken and 4+ eggs in the morning but I am still getting sore from 3-5+ days at a time. I'm sleeping around 6 hours at night with an 1-2 hour nap during the day. I try to sleep more but the reason to lift is to help with depression, and sleep is part of that naturally.
>>
How long does it take on average to see an actual visible difference in yer body?
>>
What problems would I have with a diet with a lot of eggs?
>>
>>42538832

I gained about 5-6 kg from 56kg to 62, and I basically went from skeletal to skinny. It's not much of a difference to be honest, but then again if I didn't lift weights those 6kg difference would have been all fats.

So I basically became a larger version of myself.
>>
>>42538889
Egg breath, rank farts
>>
>>42538818
Getting fat depends on your total calorie intake. Not how many carbs you are eating.

>>42538832
Depends on your starting point.

>>42538821
Have you been to an immunologist about your allergies?

There's loads of ways to eat chicken, so I guess that would become a staple in your diet. Lentils are good as well, I get a fair amount of my protein from red lentils, you can make really decent curries with them.
>>
>>42538796
Yeah sure.
One day you'll discover your balls and want to lift real weights tho.
>>
If I'm cutting I shouldn't expect to make any strength gains during that period, just maintaining what I already can lift is expected right? I am 170lb right now trying to get that 1/2/3/4 benchmark that you all use, and I'm slowly but surely reaching it but I really want to be 150lb.
>>
>>42538691
>What's your diet like? What's your history with recreational drugs?
3 slices of bread with chicken every morning
500g of cottage cheese everyday with flax seed

For diner I usually get some meat and some veggies, sometimes rice too

No drugs ever, I drink a lot of coffee though.
>>
>back of the knee hurts when I move my leg
Am I squatting too heavy? Is it just that my form is shit?
>>
>>42538889
there's been shown to have no harmful effects(and quite the contrary) on consuming 4 eggs daily
more than that, who knows
>>
>>42538936
Coffee would be part of the problem, it doesn't seem especially likely but reducing your intake would be an easy change to make.

You may have a vitamin deficiency, get a multivitamin and mineral.

How many calories are you getting a day?
>>
How do you properly spot someone doing bench press? For some reason I've gotten an influx of people asking me to spot them, and I'm just standing over them most of the time not doing shit and looking retarded, I'm sure. They don't look angry at me when it's done so I'm guessing I ain't doing it wrong.
>>
>>42538912
I haven't actually. I've been eating Gluten-Free since I was 14 as my sister was diagnosed with Celiac's and I was showing symptoms as well. Part of my lifestyle is eating and consciously analyzing the effects of what I eat. I haven't been to an Immunologist about the allergies yet as I haven't felt the need to if I can control it myself.
Would you still recommend it? If so, why?

Lentils huh? I love lentils but I haven't considered that as a source for protein.
>>
>>42538992
What do these reactions consist of
>>
>>42538992
An immunologist will be able to identify the exact causes and relative severities of your allergies. It's pretty rare to have so many allergies which progressively get worse as you age without there being another underlying condition.
>>
>>42538958
I'll try out the multivitamin and mineral.
1500-1800kcal probably on an average day.
>>
>>42538920
Thanks!
>>
>>42538999
The most obvious one being the runs. I eat soy or dairy and my skin drys out and I poop excessively.
The less obvious reaction was one that I did not understand until someone pointed it out. If I even SMELL peanuts, cashews, or bananas I will get severe heart burn followed by stabbing chest pains (this is apparently my esophagus squeezing itself. Heard this from sister so not a doctor)
I stopped eating beef as I had 2 seizures within a few hours of eating it in one week. Completely avoid it now for good reason.
Wheat has been out of my diet for so long and I've grown so aware of things that have wheat in it, I am no longer familiar with the symptoms. I do know that when I was younger, and still consumed wheat products I had a very large, malnourished stomach. This is an obvious indicator of Celiac's

>>42539032
I assumed a problem like this could just be genetics. If that is the case then I do not want to correct it. Faulty genetics need to be weeded out. (not /pol/ I swear, I'm just an advocate of self-implemented eugenics). If it could be something environmental though I would love to correct it with all due haste and share the information accordingly.
Do you think it's without a doubt worth paying a trip to an immunologist despite these dispositions?
>>
>>42538949
I'm thinking 6-7 eggs daily. Is that still in the safe range?
>>
>>42538832
I started at skinny otter mode and did Starting Strength. 1 month in, I noticed muscle definition. 3 months in, I thought I looked exactly the same as me at the 1-month mark, but normies around me kept saying how big I was.
>>
>>42531539
Anything with high test to be honest. Watching berserk amvs and Dbz amvs get me pumped
>>
Are bulking and cutting really a meme? i'm going back to the gym tomorrow after 7 months and have 20lbs to cut, but want to know if i would get better results if i just lift on maint instead of 1800kcal a day
>>
How come all the fit girls I see are usually squatting no more than 95lbs and benching like 55lbs? How do they get fit with such baby weight?
>>
>>42539284
>Are bulking and cutting really a meme
No.
>>
File: IMG_0138.jpg (41KB, 450x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0138.jpg
41KB, 450x330px
How the fucking shit do people run sub 40' 10ks on the reg?
>>
What exercise in the gym can the majority of population, when used to the movement, put the most weight on? This is purely a meme question, the lifts don't have to be the slightest legit. Like Leg press > Squats, since most people are gonna be able to slap most weight on the leg press.
>>
>>42531053
What the fuck is the point of walking all the way past the fucking safety catches of the squat rack when squatting? I see so many people do this and just don't understand. Unless you are 5'4", its not going to get in the way.
>>
Been doing stronglifts for about 4 weeks now.
Today I couldn't do my last rep, but now - 5-6 hours later - I feel nothing in the muscle, no aches or even a little tension.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Do I need to lower the weight if I can't do my last rep on my last set?
(it was overhead press if that matters)
>>
File: 1337209068624.jpg (11KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1337209068624.jpg
11KB, 400x343px
Can you be doing both romanian deadlifts and conventional deadlifts on an starting strength routine? Can I alternate on A and B days?

t. girl who wants the nicest ass, hams and quads possible
>>
>>42539471
>Do I need to lower the weight if I can't do my last rep on my last set
I did this after failing my last rep twice. Could do the weight the next time around just fine.
>I feel nothing in the muscle, no aches or even a little tension
Probably good, I usually feel sore about 6 hours after lifting.
>>
I've got a few questions.

Firstly, I just started lifting and decided to just lift monday/wednesday/friday doing all the big compound lifts every workout. Bench, OHP, squat, deadlift, pullups. My friends at work have been shitting on me for this. Is this not an efficient way to lift?

If I forget to eat some of my protein in a day, can I cram it all into dinner? Can my body process it effectively?

Can I run tuesdays and thursdays without interfering with muscle recovery?
>>
>>42539502
You're "friends" are just jelly of your gains. As long as you reach your macros for the day, it doesn't really matter. I myself do HIIT on tuesdays and thursdays, and it not nearly as hard on my body as lifting is.
>>
File: 20170817_094130.jpg (416KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_094130.jpg
416KB, 1600x1200px
somebody in another thread said
>pectus excavatum is not what you have
implying i dont have that, but something else. give it to me str8 /fit/ what is it? im p sure it is excavatum look right above my abs, theres a small crater
>>
>failed OHP
>just couldn't lift it higher
>failed Bench
>had to dump the weight behind me
>failed DL
>just couldn't lift it all the way up with straight back
>yet to fail squat

This shit terrifies me. What happens when I can't stand up? Do I let go of the bad and bump it behind me?
>>
>>42539793
You'll either get folded in half or you'll just dump it behind you
>>
File: pectus.jpg (274KB, 866x1286px) Image search: [Google]
pectus.jpg
274KB, 866x1286px
>>42539565

It's pectus, but it's not as pronounced as to worry about it, like I do ( pic related ).
>>
>>42539793
Use the safety bars that will catch the bar if you go low enough.

If I can't come back up I just squat all the way down and roll it off my back onto the bars.
>>
Suddenly there is no energy when working out? Is diet affecting it?
>>
>>42539875
In my experience sleep, mental health(stress), food even enthusiasm effects my lifts. Food and sleep are probably the biggest factors
>>
If I'm doing SL, is it ok if I do more than three days a week, or are the rest days essential?
I'm having fun with it and can't wait to go back usually.
>>
>>42539998
I read his guide on SL and he says that rest is a must. And you probably feel that way because you just started and weights aren't too taxing, when you get up there you'll understand rest days a bit more
But I am kinda wondering if I could just train every other day without 2 day rest on weekends.
>>
>>42534132
didn't knew it was that easy to recomp, way easier than cutting
>>
what am I doing wrong if I have pain in my cock area during squats?
>>
File: 237.jpg (95KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
237.jpg
95KB, 800x480px
What happened to all the 200-300+ post Boogie threads? I was hoping to get another dose of rageahol on the guy, but <10 reply threads in the whole archive. Did mods finally cracked down on these threads, or anons stopped replying to them?
>>
>>42539486
Tits or gtfo
>>
File: 1500064388969.jpg (56KB, 640x696px) Image search: [Google]
1500064388969.jpg
56KB, 640x696px
IS PHENIBUT LEGAL IS THE USAPL?
>>
AxAxAxx
y/n?
>>
File: gayguy2.jpg (115KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
gayguy2.jpg
115KB, 500x744px
>>42531053
What are good exercises for a bigger chest? I saw a guy benching just 76 kg in the gym but his chest looks far better than mine (at 85kg). Is there a secret or genetics?
>>
>>42541028
Bench and flies. Have low body fat.
How much you bench has a correlation, but is not really a good indicator.
>>
>>42540677
Both, I think
>>
Am I fucking up by not doing flies? I just do DB Bench and Incline DB Bench for chest
>>
>>42541147
I actually do both, Maybe I should try to up my flies weight. And I'm cutting right now anyway so maybe it'll look better in a few months.
>>
>>42540954
Bump
>>
Is doing heavy barbell walk outs a good way to train your stabilizers and core?
>>
File: images-1.jpg (8KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
8KB, 215x235px
>>42531545
When I first began it made a world of difference in motivating me to work out.

I managed to lose around 70lb with Bullnox. Smooth preworkout and all flavors taste great. But grew tolerance after 3 mos, so cycle it.

I've also tried Mr. Hyde which is alright if you can handle the stomach cramps; not recommended for cardio

4 yrs into lifting and I currently use Mesomorph. This one hit me like nothing else, and would recommend if you can't be fucked to workout but you know you have to. Some people say there's a crash, but I feel more calm than down after it wears off.

When cycling I tend to use a full carafe (4 shots) of espresso with some carbs. Typically half a banana. Approx the same amount you'd get in preworkouts that have carbs like Bullnox to give you some energy. I do this especially for long cardio days or when I want to save my PWO powder for really shitty days
>>
when do beginner gains usually slow down. is it different for everyone or is there a usual point when you don't make gains as quickly
>>
>>42541880
>tfw barely any visible gains
>but strength is going up
I mean I've been working out for only about 4 1/2 months but I'm still a bit worried desu maybe SS really is a meme
>>
>>42542000

i'm the opposite, making some visible gains but strength is very gradually going up. i'm wondering when the visible gains start to slow down from their explosive start
>>
>>42531053
What are some /fit/-approved oblique exercises?
>>
>>42542000
>tfw I became the T-rex without realizing it

It is a meme but it's not that bad.
>>
File: 1435086846275.png (336KB, 859x596px) Image search: [Google]
1435086846275.png
336KB, 859x596px
Well it happened /fit/. I just got confined to 4 weeks in a boot. Which means no cardio, no lower body, no anything. Upper body is still fine tho.

What can I do to minimize gainz loss?
>>
Anyone here ever get out of skinnyfat mode?
>>
>>42539875
Are you cutting? I've hit the same problem recently. Probably gotta increase my caloric intake a little and stay fat a little longer
>>
>>42539471
You cutting or bulking? In my experience when I'm cutting I sometimes struggle like hell to finish my workout but have no pump or muscle soreness afterwards
>>
FFS Swimming is so fucking underrated
first off you get relaxed after a workout, and it speeds up recovery times even if you tread water.
Secondly, going from skinny fat to ottermode from swimming and easy lifts is about the easiest thing i have done in my life.
thirdly, its a full body workout, you can pick up a good arm workout, a phenomenal leg workout, and you work on breathing which can help ALOT while lifting heavy.
>>
>>42543190
>Secondly, going from skinny fat to ottermode from swimming and easy lifts is about the easiest thing i have done in my life.

What's your routine? I've been skinnyfat for too long.
>>
What's the best number of sets and reps for hypertrophy?

I read somewhere that lower reps, i.e. ~8, builds denser muscle, while higher reps, 12+, builds larger but less dense muscle.
Don't remember where so probably just broscience.
>>
>>42543807
I have a similar question.
Which is better for hypertrophy.
3x10 75% one rep max.
or
5x6 90% one rep max
>>
File: painting1.jpg (351KB, 1920x1141px) Image search: [Google]
painting1.jpg
351KB, 1920x1141px
What is a good greyskull routine? They all seem so quick and easy, is that the point?
>>
File: rep ranges.jpg (49KB, 593x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rep ranges.jpg
49KB, 593x1024px
>>42543807
>>42544143
Pic related
>>
Are frozen veggies worse in nutritional values?
asking since I like to hit my vitamins and minerals outside the simple macros and frozen veggies are such a fucking life saver since they dont go bad/can be stored for months
>>
So I'm trying to cut at the moment and just wondering, I have a 1700 deficit, how do I divide my macros? I understand I'm supposed to get my bodyweight in protein so that's apparently 40% already, am I supposed to prioritize carbs or fat? And also, what happens if I meet my protein requirements for the day but still have calories I can consume, should I stop or should I keep eating?
>>
>>42544633
fat.
simple carbs are not needed.
you can have some complex ones if you like.
>>
File: Vegan.jpg (39KB, 525x628px) Image search: [Google]
Vegan.jpg
39KB, 525x628px
>>42531053
Going to Hawaii in a month. Looking to lean out my workout. I look decent right now but want my bodyfat% to go down without losing a ton of mass. What do?
>>
File: 1502590283410.jpg (52KB, 720x505px) Image search: [Google]
1502590283410.jpg
52KB, 720x505px
>>42544539
2 graphs=same conclusion
>>
>>42531053
are there any meal templates where most/all micronutrients and vitamins are achieved?
>>
File: tumblr_n677wzQi0j1qlm85qo1_1280.png (952KB, 606x916px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n677wzQi0j1qlm85qo1_1280.png
952KB, 606x916px
>>42544621
No, frozen vegetables are actually fresher than straight from the produce aisle. Because as soon as they're picked they are frozen. It takes fresh veggies a few days to get from farm to store shelf.

What happened to BWG bodyweight threads? Haven't seen one in weeks....
>>
>>42545025
How do you tell complex carbs apart from simple ones? Is it ok to try to eliminate the simple ones 100%?
>>
File: Live.jpg (378KB, 1234x675px) Image search: [Google]
Live.jpg
378KB, 1234x675px
>>42531053
Trying to wean off Xans, but I don't know how to fill my days up without just falling into video games and insomnia then going back to Xanax for sleep. How2get off Xans by filling out my day
>>
>>42545112
take classes college, martial arts, welding, cars
>>
Any stretches to fix lordosis?
>>
File: NicCageKeks.gif (2MB, 187x155px) Image search: [Google]
NicCageKeks.gif
2MB, 187x155px
>>42533486
>5'11"
>>
>>42541230
Meh, depends on how your chest looks. It's a great finisher, but not required. Try adding it one to one of your chest days and see how it feels
>>
>>42532659
It's fine for sprinting and interval training, don't wear it too much or it will be a detriment.
>>
HOW DO I GET FUCKING RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIPPED!
>>
>>42545062
bampin
>>
Currently doing n-suns 5/3/1 LP.
For those not in the know, it's a program that has deadlifts and sumo deadlifts.
Thing is that I just can't make myself do them anymore.

Current Stats:
Bench: 75kg x 2
Squat: 92.5kg x 4
Deadlift: 120kgx5
OHP: 60kgx2

@73kg bw.

I've started dreading doing deadlifts and sumo deadlifts. I love the exercises, but hate doing them at my current gym.

The plates here are not circular. Not even hexagonal.
The bar has knurling where my shins go. It rips them up even if I have sweatpants on.

Since I don't have powerlifting goals, I'm not sure if doing them is that important.

What do?
>>
when fasting does it matter if I eat right away after I wake up if I've done my fasting hours?
>>
>>42544621
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jsfa.2825/full
>>
What's gonna happen gains wise if I don't do deadlifts, but still squat?

I really hate doing deadlifts man. Probably the fear of ending up in snap city even with perfect form.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.