[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm addicted to cold showers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed-1.jpg (71KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1.jpg
71KB, 450x320px
Hey fit, I fucking love taking a cold shower after working out in the morning, I do it everyday, is there anything wrong in taking one 5 minutes after taking one or should I wait longer?
>>
File: 1431371710465.gif (986KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1431371710465.gif
986KB, 400x300px
>>42529381
>taking one in 5 minutes after taking one
>overdosing on cold showers
>>
>>42529381
How cold? Wim Hof seems to be doing fine
>>
in a recent interview on joe rogan, a guy named dr. galpin said that it's typically better to wait 4-6 hours after a workout before taking ice baths. from what i recall, it has to do with maintaining the "healthy" inflammation that occurs after a workout, and giving it the time necessary to provoke your body into the beneficial changes it experiences after working out.

whether or not this correlates to cold showers, i don't know.
>>
>>42529560
I was worried about that as I'm /coldshowers/ too. But it's a habit at this point. And I've been happy with my results so I'm not too worried. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
>>
Cold water releases cold shock proteins which drastically reduce inflammation - inflammation which is crucial in building muscle.

Best to take a cold shower an hour after you work out, or don't take cold showers at all. It will kill your gains.
>>
>>42529560

Anything a person does to affect "inflammation" without medication is pure broscience

The body can adapt to massive damage and starvation. A short cold shower in clean water isn't even a blip on the radar as far as an adaptive redponse is concerned
>>
>>42529580
my guess is that if you're getting satisfactory results and you enjoy the process, then it's fine. without any data, i'll spout some bullshit about how the temperature of your showers is probably a diminishing returns type situation, wherein limiting your cold showers may potentially inhibit your motivation and satisfaction from working out, and somehow hamper your general approach to fitness. i'm also guessing that the actual benefit/detriment ratio is not super dramatic as what other anon described in talking about "shock proteins". based on my totally personal experience with the human body, it isn't as black and white as "you'll kill all your gains", and i would say that if you have a goal to reach with your fitness, and you're unable to reach that goal, then you should isolate your approach to fitness for potential causes. if you're doing everything else right, then (and only then), would i recommend waiting 4-6 hours for the cold shower, and only then to isolate whether or not the cold shower is really a bottleneck.

there is a huge difference between an ice bath and cold water. i doubt a cold shower is causing much trouble.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.