[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I coach Crossfit, AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: .jpg (218KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
218KB, 2048x1365px
>>
>>42528150
When did you find out you had a sub 80 IQ?
>>
>>42528164
dece first shot
>>
>>42528150
y
>>
>>42528150
WHY??
>>
is your brother a chiropractor?
>>
>>42528239
nope, pretty free of any injuries in our gym since i've been there (2 years), people don't do stupid shit though, so that helps.
>>
>>42528150
Of the 10% of clients you have that don't get injuries, do they have a background in lifting or are they just lucky?
>>
>>42528227
because fitness is fun in groups. and its pretty cool when you can get 40 year old women to deadlift.
>>
>>42528150
How long to get body like that?
>>
>>42528285
a little of both
>>
Why is your membership fee 150+$ a month?
>>
File: .jpg (159KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
159KB, 1024x709px
>>42528301
depends on your starting point. if you wanted pure aesthetics i'd still stick to bodybuilding though.
>>
>>42528304
if you go to LA Fitness or something similar, you're not really getting much in the way of coaching. our class sizes are usually 4-6 people so you are getting a lot of personalized direction. i tell people that if you can't get in more than 3 times a week, it's not worth it. but if you get in 4-5 times a week (20ish a month) that works out to $7.50 per class. plus bumper plates are expensive.
>>
>>42528304
For real. I'm a member of a rowing club and my dues are $80 month. With a full gym and access to a boathouse. All of the crossfit gyms in my area are over $200
>>
do you teach the meme pullups?
>>
>>42528343
if you can do 10+ strict pullups, and understand how to maintain external rotation in your shoulder in the dead hang, you can do kipping pullups with 0 issues. the failure is in coaches allowing people do it wrong.
>>
I've heard the workouts are short and intense does that mean a coached session is just the workout or is there some before/after stuff too?
>>
>>42528150
Do you rather suck cock or take it in the ass?
>>
>>42528418
some are short. ideally we program workouts in different time domains. a 2 minute workout, a 5-10 minute workout and a 20+ minute workout all use different energy systems. it's good to train all three.

if it's a quick WOD we'll have strength beforehand usually, it's Wendler right now.
>>
i do crosstraining and lifting on a super regular basis as well as training jiu jitsu and lots of cardio

wtf is crossfit for? what benefit could someone get from doing it instead of what i do? just working out alongside 45 year old fat moms who can't keep up?

crossfit is a fad nerd
>>
File: .jpg (213KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
213KB, 1600x1067px
>>42528426
what kind of question is that? obviously suck cock. newfag.
>>
>>42528457
you do crosstraining, lifting and cardio?

your some OLY lifts shy of doing crossfit big shoots.

what belt are you?
>>
File: 1.jpg (36KB, 684x357px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36KB, 684x357px
>>42528371
We'll that's clearly bs
>>
How would you say crossfit differs from a whole body curcuit?

Example some months I pick 8 workouts covering whole body and do one after the other with minimal rest and just do 2-3 curcuits

What would be benefits over that?
>>
>>42528584
i'm open to an actual argument if you have one.
>>
>>42528150
How many knees, lower backs, and shoulders have you destroyed?
>>
>>42528599
We'll I'm just confused how swinging into a pull up is considered safe, the shoulder joint is one of the most prone to injury, pulling the shoulders back and lifting in strict form remover chance of injury how is going from a dead hang (shoulders forward) and swinging to the top safe for the shoulder
>>
>>42528426
Depends on the size of the cock.
>>
>>42528611
on the contrary. if you can get someone to do a perfect air squat you can dramatically improve their life.
>>
How does the exercise scaling work?

How can someone who can't do a single pullup compete alongside someone who can muscle-up until the cows come home?
>>
File: .jpg (73KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
73KB, 736x736px
>>42528626
because you shouldn't be in a dead hang with your shoulders forward. maintain scapular position and you can safely move through the positions. do you ever watch gymnasts move? if someone did the uneven bars without proper shoulder health and positioning they'd rip their shoulders out.
>>
>>42528611
>implying he's smart enough to count that high
>>
>>42528640
example workout:

3 rounds for time of 15 pullups, 15 deadlifts (this is not a real workout)

If i can do ten pullups, and you do banded pullups, or ring rows that you can do ten of, and we each use 50% of our 1rm dead lift, we can both achieve the same intensity. it's relative.
>>
>>42528371

>if you can do 10+ strict pullups, and understand how to maintain external rotation in your shoulder in the dead hang

So basically ~1% of the crossfitters out there doing them. Kek.
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (7KB, 364x449px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
7KB, 364x449px
>>42528150
Do you like hurting people?
>>
>>42528729
burpees can hurt. so yeah, kinda.
>>
>>42528729

10/10
>>
>>42528649
But the contraction is different, they'd be way better putting a stool under the bar and lowering themselves down, there is no tension on the muscle as they are swinging where as if they lowered themselves down they have tension on the muscle throughout the whole movement, also it fucks up your palms
>>
File: .jpg (136KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
136KB, 1200x903px
>>42528774
if you lose tension during the movement you're doing something very wrong. tearing your hands is usually from gripping the bar incorrectly.

lean back in your chair and put your arms overhead. if you point armpits and elbows forward with your shoulder blades back and down, that is a safe and stable position. if you point your elbows out to the sides, you can feel what internal rotation feels like. if you load up in that position you're going to get hurt. i think that is the mechanism for most shoulder injuries in hanging movements.
>>
File: udo.jpg (24KB, 598x336px) Image search: [Google]
udo.jpg
24KB, 598x336px
>>42528150

Is that the dude from those Lord of Rings movies ?

>bald well, youngster.
>captcha: 'fork"
>>
File: mad.png (71KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
71KB, 800x800px
>>42528288
I hope thats good enough excuse to waste ur and others time
>>
>>42528843
thanks for navigating to your mad folder for me.
>>
>>42528817
The tension will dramatically decrease because your using momentum, you'd only feel tension when hanging and while at the top but even then its minimal, max tension is found half through the lift and you don't get that when swinging, and when swinging on a bar your hands will move its not about doing it wrong sorry m8 that's a lie
>>
>>42528906
>The tension will dramatically decrease because your using momentum

that's the point. it came out of competition, and using a kip you can meet the standard more efficiently. it is also part of the progression towards muscle ups.

as far as tearing, i'm not saying your hands don't move on the bar. look at the muscle-up, they rotate quite a bit around the bar. if you are too much in the palm you are going to be more prone to tearing. chalk also helps. i haven't torn in about 2 years.
>>
>>42528906
>>42528952

also, i'm not saying kipping is better than a normal pullup. all i'm saying is that it can be done safely. again, see gymnastics.
>>
>>42528965
Will take your point on the palms, but i still think kipping is less effective than just lowering yourself down
>>
>>42528274
so they don't do crossfit?
>>
>>42528371
>strict pullups
What do you mean by this? Also wide or normal grip?
>maintain external rotation in your shoulder in the dead hang
Can you explain what this is? When I do pullups I relax my elbows and shoulders in the negative phase. Is it considered a deadhang?
Also do you have any other advice on pullups/dips? I don't go to the gym but I workout at home (I have a bar + dips, 35 lbs kettlebell and a belt to hang it on my waist), and I consider pullups as my main strength building exercise.
>>
>>42529669
>in the negative phase
at the lowest point*
>>
From earlier:

>>42529669
>lean back in your chair and put your arms overhead. if you point armpits and elbows forward with your shoulder blades back and down, that is a safe and stable position. if you point your elbows out to the sides, you can feel what internal rotation feels like.

Here is a video showing scapular retraction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvz83Yfza3Y

In your case since you have limited options, i'd want to vary the pullup as much as i can. Play with different grips, tempo, etc. to get some kind of variation.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.