[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit worth it? Injury avoidance thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1333.jpg (34KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1333.jpg
34KB, 250x311px
Lifting weights puts wear and tear on your body that will add up overtime. I don't know many people who lift who haven't hurt themselves in some way. Ronnie Coleman has had 5 back surgeries because of it, but he says he wouldn't change a thing.

It's not just lifting weights though, running obviously causes injuries, pretty much anything you do sports wise can get you hurt.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it because I'm already starting to feel the affects on my body after only 7 years of lifting and I'm not even 30 yet. A friend of mine that trains at my gym is having his hip replaced and he's 28. I still have a long career ahead of my and my job relies on physical fitness (firefighter, which also obviously is taxing on the body) I'm just worried about staying healthy for the long haul honestly.

Anyway, also injury prevention thread.
>>
Lets be honest.
Being a hobby lifter or athlete = injuries. Period.

If you want to lift in a way for maximum benefit then have on seasons and off seasons.

On seasons you lift 2-3 times a weak 3 x 8-12 reps.
Off seasons you lift once a week in the 5x5 style with a full body workout and keep active the rest of the time.

Less wear and tear and you'll be more aware of each lift.
>>
I have been lifting for 23 years now, I am 39 and I have never had an Injury related to lifting my Wilks rating at this moment is around 390. Bad form and poor mobility is to blame for alot of ailments. Ronnie Coleman is broken because he didnt lift naturally and his form was hideous, just watch some of his work out vids. I have used lifting to overcome injuries i got out of the gym. Training to failure and constantly going for that big pr will almost always lead to injury.
>>
steroids will help as you can train lighter for more volume to grow as well as elevated healing rates

that's why a lot of people use deca
>>
>>42523724
Only if you do it incorrectly.
>>
>>42525791
DYEL
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.