[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MEDIA FIGHTS THE PROTEIN INDUSTRY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: but whey.jpg (35KB, 630x364px) Image search: [Google]
but whey.jpg
35KB, 630x364px
Protein, protein, protein is touted time and time again for its ability to help with weight-loss, but can too much be incredibly dangerous? According to the NY Post, for 25-year-old Meegan Hefford, it was. As reported, the Australian mother of two and bodybuilder, who was prepping for a competition, "died after an overconsumption of protein shakes, supplements and protein-rich foods."

'PRAY FOR PIANA' Rich Piana coma – Cops ‘find 20 bottles of steroids and whey powder’ as bodybuilder fights for his life in a coma after collapse at his home.
He revealed his fitness regime consists of a massive steroid cycle, nine meals a day, a series of workouts not fit for the average human being and, according to one profile, “protein shakes big enough to drown a toddler in”.
>>
We've had low fat diets and low carb diets, now low protein diets will become the new craze
>>
>>42523664
the women probably died from rabbit starvation.

It has been observed that the human liver cannot safely metabolise much more than 221–301 g of protein per day (for an 80 kg/176 pound person, and human kidneys are similarly limited in their capability to remove urea (a byproduct of protein catabolism) from the bloodstream. Exceeding that amount results in excess levels of amino acids, ammonia (hyperammonemia), and/or urea in the bloodstream, with potentially fatal consequences.
>>
>>42523741
if you are fat can you eat more protein or does lean body mass matter?
>>
>>42523685
Good, more protein for us at cheaper prices.
>>
>>42523664
If you actually read any of those articles on that woman they point out she died because of a genetic disorder that prevented her from metabolizing a high protein diet.

Anyway, protein powder is trash. Eat a piece of chicken.
>>
>>42524099
Studies show you can eat up to 600g of protein without any significant change in your kidney functions. However if you have kidney or liver problems, this will only harm it more. The protein the body does not consume, it shits out.

The woman died because of genetic disorder that kills babies, it is a wonder she got to her age.
>>
>>42523664
Fuck Australia.
>>
>>42523664
>overconsumption
>20 bottles of steroids and whey powder

As long as I dont consume it in excess i'm fine right? like literally everything else? If I drink 10 gallons of water and die will they say water is bad?
>>
>>42523664
They ain't fighting protein industry. Those are fat "people" trying to insult /fit/ people and justify their way of being fat lazy fucks who will die due to diabetes in near future.

They don't give a shit on people dying due to hunger or industrial pollution, but, hey, it's a /fit/ guy died due to overconsumption of protein - SEE? SPORT IS BAD! WE TOLD YOU SO! BETTER GO TAKE THAT DOUBLE GRILLED CHEESEBURGER BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU AND DONT FORGET YOUR 2LTRS OF COKE.
>>
File: bottles.png (268KB, 425x462px) Image search: [Google]
bottles.png
268KB, 425x462px
Sorta unrelated but the other thread is at 300 and I didnt wanna start one just for this but did i fuck up by buying 10lbs of muscle pharm combat whey? Its was a very good price but after I got home I read the reviews online and it wasnt so good
>>
>>42526549
I used to take it and it was fine. Still has a B on lab door and cookies and cream tastes good
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.