[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swimming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4406.jpg (81KB, 521x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4406.jpg
81KB, 521x960px
I want to start swimming, is there anybody here who can give me some tips on
>where to learn technique
>how to improve endurance
>swimming specific workouts or routines
>how to increase my lung capacity
Thank you
>>
/fit/ pls
>>
>>42522569
Competitive swimmer, been swimming for my whole life. Watch some YouTube videos on freestyle first, and ask a friend who knows how to swim to help you get started. It's easy to think that you're doing something technique wise and in reality be completely off
>>
>>42522569
Endurance comes from just pushing yourself. Do as much as you can, rest, do it again. No shortcuts, just takes time. Also, develop a breathing pattern, maybe breathe once every 3 strokes in freestyle.
>>
>>42522569
Increasing lung capacity comes from hypoxic training, basically breath holding. Easiest way is to start with your basic 3 stroke breathing pattern, then up it to breathing every 5 or 7, easy to do, just takes time
>>
>>42522569

Start out with breast stroke, then slowly add in some combo of 3 breast stroke to 1 freestyle, then 1 for 1, then eventually chains of freestyle, and then butterfly if you hate yourself.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys. Where would the best place to train be? I have a community pool with a lap lane but idk how long that is or how good it would be to try to train while surrounded by small children. Alternatively there is a rec center nearby, but I'm on the fence about that because I'd be paying for that on top of my gym membership
>>
>>42522794

>chlorine treats the water
>urine is sterile
>fear of small children

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

Most community pools are 25m lap lanes? I do my laps in sets of 5. Try 30 laps (15 backs and forth ins a 25m) in 30 minutes. See if that's unreasonable, then build from there. I assume you're a complete novice of a swimmer.
>>
File: mariposa.jpg (13KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
mariposa.jpg
13KB, 292x173px
>>42522569
Alright gonna give you my best.

>where to learn technique

Wathc videos as>>42522728 said, go to the pool and watch swiming classes to get an example, and start doing it on your own. Alternatively you can just join a class.

>how to improve endurance
>how to increase my lung capacity

Just swim. No way around it. Keep it up and eventually you will increase them both greatly. First I couldnt hold my breath for even 10 meters now I can swim over 25. When I started couldnt swim 25 meters in butterfly, now I can swim them easily at full speed. Just keep it up and eventually they will rise.

>swimming specific workouts or routines

Joining a class, again, would solve this. Or just do this:

>200 meters freestyle as a warmup
>A lenght of your liking using only the kicks from each style
>The same lenght fully doing all 4 styles, try to practice technique more than speed here.
>Take half that lenght and do all 4 styles again, but at full speed.
>Go to the middle of the pool. Swim at normal speed to one end of the pool 4 times in each style to practice how to turn around, and return to yoru starting point.
>A bunch of combined series. You can do them on an olympic (50m) or semiolympic (25m) pool. You swim the full lenght of the pool in butterfly, then back, then in breast, and then in freestyle. without ever touching the ground. This will greatly improve technique, endurance and help you practice hwo to turn around in each style.
>Golden Lungs. About 4 series in a lenght of your liking. Swim the whole pool, underwater without ever breathing. You can swim however you want, but you cant be in the surface or breath. My advice is do breast, with the stroke reaching your hips. If you cant do it right away, the do freestyle without breathing until your lungs develop.
>200 meter freestyle cool down.

And thats about it. Best of luck to you
>>
>>42522842 I am this guy

OP how long is said comunity pool? If its at least 25M, you can just go there when there is less people, like in the morning. Or you can just dodge the kids if they get in your way.

IF you have the money go the rec center
>>
>>42522822
>I assume you're a complete novice of a swimmer
As something serious? Yeah pretty much, I never cared much for technique or training. Thanks for the advice

>>42522842
>>42522858
Awesome thanks for the advice. That's the thing I don't know how long it is, Ill have to go check tomorrow morning. I'd like to avoid buying another membership but I might have to end up doing it, I want to get serious
>>
>>42522569
Is no one gonna say it?
okay ill say it, is that picture for reals?
don't know why i laughed so much.
>>
>>42522569
anal sex has nothing to do with rectal cancer
try again /pol/. also try to understand basic statistics.
>>
>>42523055
"The most common risk factor for anal cancer is being infected with the human papilloma virus (HPV). HPV is a sexually transmitted virus"
https://www.fascrs.org/patients/disease-condition/anal-cancer

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1002/cncr.25909/asset/25909_ftp.pdf;jsessionid=55C894E643108CBF6D8951A8ED44F351.f04t04?v=1&t=j6ejm5qy&s=d92510949067ffe93623df090294f339caab7af9

Nice try, faggot

>f-f-f-Fucking /pol/
Jesus Christ what a knee jerk reaction, how scared of an online message board can you be
>>
>>42523157
rectal cancer is not anal cancer. The epithelial mucosa is different. Anal cancer is rare, but often driven by viruses. Rectal cancer has risk factors similar to colon cancer.
you're trying to conflate 2 different data sets to make a point, and you're failing because they're fucking different data sets. They just happen to relate to anatomy that is close to itself. Proximity is not pathology.

God, people pretending to understand medicine...
>>
>>42523253
You're the expert here in anal cancer considering how assblasted you are over fucking nothing. Stop derailing the thread
>>
>>42523271
Well, I'm an immunologist and I work in tumor immunology, so ya, when people make up medicine shit to make a point incorrectly it pisses me off a bit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.