[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all Orthopedic doctors of /fit/ The result of my x-ray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: xray.png (500KB, 753x689px) Image search: [Google]
xray.png
500KB, 753x689px
Calling all Orthopedic doctors of /fit/

The result of my x-ray for my right shoulder came in. How does it look?
>>
Looks bad
>>
>>42517435
Explain
>>
>>42517423
spooky
>>
Looks like you need an MRI with an orthogram as well :^)
>Tfw got a bill for $3.5k
T-t-thanks, I asked you cunts at billing how this was going to turn out...
>>
>>42517423
>Medfag here,
Recently completed 3 month orthopaedic surgery clerkship. The only thing I see might be some slight calcification in your biceps or supraspinatus tendon, other than that there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary to see in this X-ray. Why did you have it taken?
>>
>>42517538
No insurance?
If so you can Jew em down you really can
>>
>>42517560
Insurance doesn't cover a dime until I reach my $5k deductible. I just get a """discount""" since it's in network which doesn't mean jack shit since these institutions just try to charge the insurance an arm and a leg for every little thing anyways.
I better just get the surgery this year as well, if possible, since I'm close to reaching it now. Minor SLAP tear, lads.
>>
>>42517423
I'm guessing you were looking at your AC joint for shoulder separation?
>>
>>42517542
Is it normal that his clavicle looks a little empty on the lateral end?
>>
>>42517443
I don't know, I'm not a doctor. Just looks bad I guess.
>>
Dunno about shoulder but you should get your lungs checked asap
>>
>>42517573
Fug, well even if you do talk them down you'll hit that deductable with surgery anyway
>>
>>42517423

Did an orthopaedic research project in shoulder surgery. X-rays are not great for imaging the shoulder, and only having 1 view is ever worse. There may be some calcific tendonitis. You haven't given us a medical background so there is very little to add.

You should go see an actual shoulder ortho who has immediate ultrasound facilities, which is pretty much the best imaging technique for the shoulder.

Don't go get an MRI or you are a fucking retard, no shoulder pathologies require an expensive ass MRI.
>>
>>42517423
Yep that's a shoulder alright.
>>
>>42517573

SLAP tears don't show on X-ray retard, unless there was a bony fracture which very rarely happens.
>>
File: horrified expression.png (27KB, 352x482px) Image search: [Google]
horrified expression.png
27KB, 352x482px
>>42517573
>tfw $10k deductible

I guess I really only have it for something horrific like cancer or a horrendous accident.
>>
>>42517969
Follow the breadcrumb trail of conversation going on you fucking autist
>>
>>42517423
rockwood type 2. next question
>>
File: xray1.png (569KB, 765x683px) Image search: [Google]
xray1.png
569KB, 765x683px
>>42517950
I overstretched my arm last week. Resulted in severe pain. I wasn't sure if it was muscular or skeletal related so I took an x ray to be sure. Turns out I have "Frozen shoulder".

Here's another xray. My actual results came in and it turns out that I don't have any issues, bone related.
>>
>>42517751
My doctor said that my lungs look like that because of the "powder" that I drink. Said to cut it out but what does he know? He doesn't see my gains like I do
>>
>>42517423
You've got a skeleton trapped inside you
>>
>>42517751
What do you notice with the lungs?
>>
>>42520066
Hmmm, the powder isn't supposed to go in your lungs.
>>
>>42517423
sorry but ure a skeleton. no hope 4 u m8
>>
>>42520066
Thats retarded. If your powder drink is getting in your lungs then your air sacs will be destroyed and show as scar tissue. Beyond that food would show up in there as well and it would manifest itself as either sepsis in your blood from the now reduced lung capacity or lowered o2 saturation which leads to sepsis as well.
t. guy whos sister cant eat solid food due to this problem.
>>
your "R" has been dislodged from your body, we must replace it right away or you may lose it forever.
>>
>>42520847
works fine both ways
>>
>>42520991
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>42521031
you see that "R" in the top left that's the same colour as the xray, it's a bit of a stretch i know
>>
>>42519021
So you mean you never trained your rotator cuff or worked on flexibility?
>>
>>42521203
Used to, but the last three weeks I had work so I wasn't consistent with it.
>>
>>42519021
>Frozen shoulder
>most common in diabetic postmenopausal women aged 40-70
lmao @ ur life
>>
>>42521227
And what about general shoulder mobility?
>>
>>42517423
from someone who has dislocated his left shoulder hundreds of times, you are going to have problems for the rest of your life now.
>>
>>42520847
>>42520860
I have been short winded lately,
>>
>>42517593
Yep, there is supposed to be some 'space' in the acromioclavicular joint. The alignment is fine.
>>
>>42517423

I knew the glenoid fossa was shallow and all but yeeesh!
>>
File: nervous pepe.png (413KB, 811x767px) Image search: [Google]
nervous pepe.png
413KB, 811x767px
m8 I dunno how to break this to you, but there is a skeleton living inside of you
>>
>>42525401
kek
>>
>>42517950
>no shoulder pathologies require an expensive ass MRI.
lolwut
>>
doctor here
OP, your shoulder looks fine.
In the ap view, there might be some minor calcifications, but no bony injury, no dislocation.
Visible portion of the right lung is fine.
Go ahead and get an MRI, for said SLAP lesion and other pathologies
>>
looks like you're skeleton-mode, m8

gotta eat big to get big, c'mon
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.