[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At wits' end.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (119KB, 1075x625px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
119KB, 1075x625px
At 128 lbs (at the moment) and 5'8'', I've been desperately trying to gain some weight, preferably in muscle mass, the last few months.

According to Cron-o-Meter, my maintenance calories are around 2200, so I've been aiming for about 2700 calories a day, to hoping get to 140 lbs or so. The problem however, is two fold.

First, I can't seem to get any heavier than about 129. I plateau there, despite the 500+ calorie surplus daily.

The second problem is that what little weight I've gained (I was originally 124 or so) seems to have accumulated around my middle; my stomach, sides, and lower back (definitely genetics). I don't gain it anywhere else, so I have a comparatively thin upper body, but with almost a child-bearing middle.

What the fuck do I do? How do I gain weight that's evenly distributed in muscle mass? I have a pretty good full body workout regimen, 3 to 5 days a week. I've made some gains muscle-wise, but not enough to make up for the fat gain around my mid-section.

Is there something else wrong, perhaps? Testosterone deficiency? Thanks.
>>
>>42513989
Train harder, do more volume
>>
>>42514015

How about my calorie intake? Is the surplus still a good idea?
>>
>5'8
Sorry m8. But you gotta learn first.
>>
GOMAD was literally made for people like you, just be prepared to get kinda fat
>>
>>42514072

I definitely want to keep my fat gain low; I want to stay lean. Plus, that much milk would cause hourly shits for me, and probably make me GERD worse.
>>
>>42514095

128lbs and 5'8'' sounds pretty tiny, so you shouldn't need a huge intake. Even more so if you are mostly sedentary. You may well be calculating your TDEE and/or intake incorrectly. If not GOMAD, oats, peanut butter, etc.

Similarly it's extremely difficult to gain meaningful muscle mass without gaining fat unless you're a novice.

Also, dietary fat intake != fat gain
>>
>>42514112

Thanks for the input. I was going for a 500 calorie surplus because my job keeps me fairly active, and I think I have a pretty nasty metabolism. I think that's why I can't get over 130 lbs.
>>
>>42514137

>nasty metabolism

No you don't, and that's a cop out/bait. If you had a nasty metabolism, then there'd be a whole lot more serious things going on in your body than just not eating enough.

What part of "eating more calorie dense foods" is so difficult to grasp for most people? Are people this stupid where they can't just add a PBJ sandwich to their daily meal regimen?
>>
I'm your exact height and had the same problem, start being serious with tracking your calories and eat a lot of protein + follow an actual weightlifting routine.

At the start dont worry too much about putting some fat on, put on some weight and then do a body recomp, it's what I did and it worked.

Dont do fucking GOMAD unless you want to shit yourself and get an allergy to milk
>>
>>42513989
You're already a Manlet just hop on HRT and be a cute boi.
>>
Cronometer lists my TDEE as 500 calories lower than any other app or site I've used.
>>
>>42513989
Either you're underestimating your calorie intake, or you're underestimating your TDEE. Has to be one of those (assuming you're not losing water weight, or have a rare metabolic disorder)

So I'd say just up your calorie goal to around by another 500kcal, and buy a food scale ($15 on amazon) to measure the actual weight of your food.

If I were you I'd just make sure I'm actually gaining weight first, then worry about muscle mass or low T. The 5lbs change could just be water weight.
>>
have you tried eating more?

dont even think about crying about it unless you've eaten 4000kcal just to maintain
>>
>>42513989
You're not eating 2700 calories or you need more than that based on your activity level. If you're eating clean, 2700 calories is a ton of food. Like someone else said, get a food scale and read all your food labels to make sure you know exactly how many calories you're getting a day.
>>
OP here, didn't realize the thread was still active; thanks for the responses.

About the not-eating-enough thing; I struggle to get the 2700 calories in a day. I get literally sick of eating. I'd hate to see how 3200 calories or so a day would be; I'd probably throw up.

>>42515051
I do potentially have other issues. GERD and IBS seem to restrict how much I can eat.

>>42517551
I've heard that before. Hm.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.