[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Juice, good or bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1200px-Orange_juice_1_edit1.jpg (242KB, 1200x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Orange_juice_1_edit1.jpg
242KB, 1200x1706px
What's the fucking deal with orange juice? Should you drink it if you're on a cut?

Surely 100% orange juice is no different than just squeezing oranges into a fucking cup and drinking it. Why does /fit/ have such a problem with juice?
>>
>>42511572

>Surely 100% orange juice is no different than just squeezing oranges into a fucking cup and drinking it

It is, but squeezing oranges into a cup and drinking it isn't very good either. Fruit is supposed to be consumed with all the fiber intact.
>>
>>42511572
its pure carbs, so if you want energy just go for it. Fit has problems because they are idiots shoving fat inside their mouth and following a stupid low carb or keto diet because "experts" told them so.

Also vitamins
>>
>Why does /fit/ have such a problem with juice?
It has near soft drink-tier sugar in it usually.

>muh vitamin C
Go and eat an actual orange, get the vitamin C (and the fibre) and do it for like half of the sugar.
>>
>>42511593
interesting. yeah, the keto diet is fucking retarded.. one of the dumbest shits out there. i hate low carb diets..

but oranges are carbs? I never really thought about that. i thought it was the sugar.

so if im trying to cut, should i drink orange juice or..?
>>
>>42511601
>sugar
>bad
Lmfao
>>
>>42511601
>it has near soft drink-tier sugar in it usually.

you do realize the sugar is natural, and your body needs natural sugar to function, right?

>Go and eat an actual orange, get the vitamin C (and the fibre) and do it for like half of the sugar.

not a bad argument, but what about 100% orange juice like i said, no sugar added.
>>
>>42511604
but you know that sugar belongs to carbs? Obv you miss out on fiber and starch but plain fructose/glucose is also carbs just that juice is much much faster than fiber or starch so the glucose you consume almonst instantly goes to your muscles and you get a lot more power.
>>
>>42511572
Processed fruit juices contain insane amounts of sugar.
>>
>>42511613
>mass amounts of sugar from a single cup of a drink
>not bad
Lmfao

>>42511616
Yes I'm aware that it's natural. I'm just saying that for what you're getting out of store bought juice there's usually too much.

>not a bad argument, but what about 100% orange juice like i said, no sugar added.
That's fine. Just don't overdo it like anything else. I never said not to ever drink it, but the question was "why does /fit/ have a problem with juice". With that said, I'd still say to just eat an actual orange.
>>
>>42511630
yes but we're talking about 100% juice, nothing added but squeezed oranges. not the fake shit
>>42511623
>juice is much much faster than fiber or starch so the glucose you consume almonst instantly goes to your muscles and you get a lot more power.

i never knew any of this, nor this more importantly. it sounds like it makes sense, so drinking orange juice (and juice in general) may actually be better for a cut so you don't gain the weight?
>>
>>42511650
>i never knew any of this, nor this more importantly. it sounds like it makes sense, so drinking orange juice (and juice in general) may actually be better for a cut so you don't gain the weight?

yes if you actually do some sort of exercise and not sit on your ass. Pretty much anyone who has ever done a marathon or something, drinks fruit juice like a heroin addict.
>>
>>42511641
>mass amounts
Are you a prepubescent girl?
>>
Damn I wish I could gain weight from drink a glass of oranje juice like you guys.
>>
>>42511641
interesting points. i agree, even natural sugar can be bad in high amounts. i just went and looked at my OJ and saw it is 24 grams of sugar per 8 fluid ounces. i would wager the normal person probably drinks 12-16 ounces of orange juice in the morning (a regular sized cup). so from that one cup alone you're getting over 30 grams of ((natural)) sugar.

is there any data that says how much natural sugar a person should consume per day? I know i munch on fruit when I get hungry and dont want to eat junk food, so ill eat strawberries or grapes instead.. thats more natural sugar right there. im not drinking orange juice right now, but maybe if i started it would be too much natural sugar for my body.

so, does anybody know the number for how many grams of natural sugar a person ((trying to lose weight/body fat)) should consume?
>>
>>42511678
If you want me to be, daddy.
>>
>>42511661
great points, thanks for the info. makes a lot of sense.. ill look into that more. id be interested in hearing your opinion on >>42511686
>>
>>42511683
its no so much about drinking a single glass, but doing it every day (or every other day) that may prevent a cut or lead to stagnant weight loss or even enable weight gain.

ive really cleaned my diet down to the bare minimum, so im trying to figure out if i NEED orange juice, or if I should drink it to help my cut, or if i should just ignore it like ive been
>>
>>42511686
well I lost 136lbs on a high carb diet. The point is, if you want to lose weight as fast as possible without calorie counting, you shouold go for a high carb or a high fat diet BUT never do both. If you consume high carb and high fat at the same time, you will gain weight really fast but if you only consume carbs or fat, you will lose your own fat.

Just do your own research on this, I've tried both diet and the high carb was much easier and felt a lot healthy than a high fat diet. I could consume fruit juice in the morning, eat a lot of fruits, starch, grains and so on. I got over 110g of daily fiber and I ate a huge amouth of volume and really never counted any calories, just looked for micros.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.