[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women at the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Lady lurker here - I want to lift weights, but I want to without pissing people off who live at the gym. At first, I joined a woman's gym, but they basically had treadmills and leg spreading machines - no place to even squat.
I may just be socially inept, but I can't tell what's facetious or legit complaints on this board when it comes to ladies at the gym, so even if it's just a personal opinion to you, how should I behave as a woman at the gym who intends to use free weights, benches, squat rack etc?
>>
>>42506666
>but I want to without pissing people off who live at the gym.
Nice quads
don't piss yourself when doing squats and don't fuck around like a faggot on your phone "resting" for 30 minutes while you talk to becky about tv.

that's about it.
the only two rules.

also it's nice if you re-rack your weights.
>>
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.
>mfw thinking of you hurting
>>
Act like a normal person. The best part of the gym is that nobody gives a shit about what you're doing.
>>
>>42506666
Solid quads babe.
Take 5 minutes rests or get off the bench, wipe your shit down, rerack your weights, ask to work in instead of perching like a hawk, don't stand in the mirror just to take pictures for 20 minutes, and fill your cooter with cream cheese so when you squat nobody watches your ass.
Basically just be a normal human being.
>>
>>42506666
Just lift shit and get out again
don't be like the girls at my gym who do 5 squats then look around for 10 minutes making sure everyone saw their ass
>>
>>42506697
Ok awesome, thank you - I can do those things heh

>>42506733
Mmmmm, thanks
>>
File: kek.jpg (4KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
4KB, 125x124px
Just don't be obnoxious/loud, gym etiquette applies to you too; don't hog the equipment and rerack the weights.

>>42506733
This is my absolute favorite pasta
>>
>>42506758
Maybe I'm autistic, but I screen shot this
>>42506762
Lol'd, thanks
>>
>>42506794
As an autist myself, that is the greatest compliment.
>>
File: you takin the piss m8.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you takin the piss m8.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>42506666
>checked
>>
File: 1490304759995.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1490304759995.gif
1MB, 480x358px
This advice is not unique to women, but here's how to not be a fucking annoying prick at the gym:

>wear some sweats like a normal person, leave the tight faggy attention whore (((sportswear))) at home
>just lift and get the fuck out of the way
>don't sit on equipment you're not using
>>
honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"
>>
>>42506666
Do like every other guy in the gym...
Why would it be different for a woman?
>>
>>42506666
>should I behave as a woman at the gym who intends to use free weights, benches, squat rack etc?
No one really gives a shit about you in the gym. Just like you don't care about how others lift weights. If you're unsure about what to do then hire a personal coach for couple of weeks.
>>
File: 1501053505793.jpg (61KB, 480x636px) Image search: [Google]
1501053505793.jpg
61KB, 480x636px
>>42506666

Checked. Post tits.
>>
>>42506666
Just go to a real gym. You pay the same as everybody else to use the equipment.
>>
>>42506666
Same rules that apply to everyone
1. Don't be a dick
2. Put your shit back
3. Locker room parties are men only
>>
>>42506666
just don't eat bread op
>>
>>42506666
step back from the rack.
Wipe down your shit.
Watch and learn.
Notice a girls whose body you want.
Go at the same time everyday as most people who take the gym serious are pretty much on a schedule
Just watch and absord.
Everybody is at the gym to better themselves.
Nobody is thinking anything negative.
Just Lurk
Melineals never learned how to lurk.
>>
>>42506666
Just by being a woman you will get dirty looks from idiots who think the weight area is a men-only safe space.

Here's some basic advice:
> start out lifting low weight the first time and slowly add weight on each lift until you figure out how much you're lifting
> have a program in mind, and maybe even on your phone, of what lifts and how many reps/sets you are going to do, you could do for example a day that focuses on squats and pullups, then a day that focuses on chest/shoulders and deadlifts with whatever accessories you want that day like weighted thrusts, bent-over rows, delt isolations, bicep curls, hanging pikes, ab exercises, whatever really, just have a specific plan
> When you're done with your sets, re-rack the weights where you found them, if you don't do this you're a shithead
> wipe down the bench or other equipment if you get it sweaty
> don't eat at the gym, it's weird
>>
>>42506666
Is this a real post?

Just go to the gym and lift. Don't worry about what the shit talking /fit/ does. Just do what you think is normal and you'll be fine. Worst case scenario someone will tell you what's up if you're doing something very odd
>>
>>42506666
OP, I'm a girl too and I've been lifting a few months at my uni gym. I think it's important just to have common sense- don't hog racks, don't get in people's way, don't take selfies, rerack your weights, etc. The hardcore lifters in there might seem intense but they're usually pretty friendly with beginners. If it's convenient for them (eg you spotted a set for them or something), they'll probably be happy to give you tips on form or routines. Otherwise just act respectful of the space and they won't give you a second thought.

>>42507188
The weight rooms at gyms are usually very male-dominated, and it can be particularly intimidating for a beginner girl to use the "boys only" zone for the first few times.
>>
File: 1502402040002.jpg (52KB, 540x497px) Image search: [Google]
1502402040002.jpg
52KB, 540x497px
Just act like a sane person and don't wear super revealing clothing or naked-looking yoga pants.
>>
>>42508663
I'm curious about this dirty looks thing. I've never seen that before. When I'm lifting I'm definitely not smiling at people, just focusing on moving some heavy ass weight.
>>
Glad I have a home gym now because my old gym was full of these kinds of people

Don't
> be Stacy who hogs the squat rack for her slow-rep 10x20 squats with just the bar
>be an attention whore. The amount of dyels wearing stringers and sloots doing meme routines in their undies is mind-boggling.
>Be that person who doesn't re rack weights
>Be an instagram sloot/chad that turns every gym session into a photoshoot
>hog multiple machines for circuit training, in fact just don't circuit train
>ego lift
>stink
>Make loud noises unless you are liftin some heavy ass weight

A regular gym is full of all this so you'd really have to put in effort to stand out as a knobhead
>>
>>42506666
Don't act like a woman; act like a normal human being.
>>
there's only like 1 woman in my gym and the only reason i haven't raped her on the spot is because she asked me to spot her doing squats one time

her form was impressive
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.