[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 35

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

mine:
when i squat (one legged, two legged, barbell, bodyweight, full rom, 1/8 rom, whatever, doesn't matter) my right knee is not able to track my toes in terms of direction. It points inward and i can't even push it out forcefully. Is this the reason I have chronic patella pain? Can I fix it? (mobility issue) Any other thoughts about it?
>>
>>42505705
Should I do tricep isolation in addition to bench press?
>>
How do i get my shitty tan off..

Didn't kno what board to post it on
>>
>>42505796
do dips
>>
Why does my back hurt when I do bench press? I don't arch my back if that makes a difference.
>>
>>42505920
Are you over tightening your back? I have a nasty habit of tightening my legs while benching
>>
What the fuck do I do after SS. This shit is getting to the point where squat and deadlift day just fucks my recovery for the week. I don't want to eat more. Texas method? 5/3/1?
>>
>>42505883

peel your skin off
>>
File: 1497664440041.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1497664440041.gif
365KB, 500x275px
I can't deal with my skin anymore. I can finally feel and see my abs but it doesn't matter with this overhang and nasty stretch marks on my stomach. It's been 9 months since I went down 80 lbs but this shit has got me depressed. Who the fuck would want to fuck a guy with a six pack with white stretch marks on his lower abs and beef red ones on his groin, upper thighs? Should I just lift for gains or neck myself?
>>
File: versus.png (272KB, 1614x708px) Image search: [Google]
versus.png
272KB, 1614x708px
What is better a 5/3/1 PPLx2 or AxBxCDx?
Im going to box twice a week. If I do the PPL I would have to do it before school.
>>
>>42506263
you can have it removed with laser surgery
>>
Should supersets be done with zero rest time between exercises, or is it okay to take a minute or two?
>>
Is there a difference between eating 500 calories less and burning 500 calories? I want to remain a ladyboy.
>>
It's not a question, rather a confession.

I was retarded. I didn't care about macros at all, I thought stuffing my face with 5000 cals of chocolate and pastry with some milk would do the trick. My muscles grew, but my fat grew faster so I quit. Now I actually started eating lots of protein. Today I consumed less than 200g, I'm supposed to take 250, but I can see/feel the difference after a fucking day with 2 hours of sleep. This is amazing. Wow.
>>
How fix noodle arms. Currently doing curls/pull-ups/dips. Also how to add weight to dips?
>>
>>42506341
There are more health benefits to burning 500 more.
>>
>>42506338
The point of a super set is to not waste time. You aren't supersetting for strength brah.
>>
>>42506398
>Also how to add weight to dips?
Backpack.
You probably should add pushups, with proper form, to the mix.
>>
>>42505705
how much protein for optimal muscle growth on a lean bulk and for muscle maintenance on a cut?

I'm doing 2g per kg on the cut(300 deficit) and plan to do like 1.8g per kg on the lean bulk that I'm starting(already slowly upping kcals each week)

thanks in advance
>>
>>42505705
should I work on my private projects or fuck a hooker?
>>
>>42505705
so im doing IF because im never hungry when I wake up plus it allows huge fucking meals later on the day when I get hungry thing is, I lift during my fast and only eat like 2-4hours after lifting too

for example, I wake up at 13pm and have a cup of coffee, lift at 14-15pm and then eat at 18pm

am I fucking potential muscle growth? I remember reading there's a bit to the pre and post work out meal thing that has some truth to it
>>
>>42506171
candito stuff

>>42506500
>>42506650
answer is in the sticky

>>42506536
private projects
>>
>>42506263

You're going to make it. Lift and eat at maintenance and then when you're comfortable with gaining again just slowly gain muscle for the next year or two. Try to stay relatively lean, lose the abs but don't be too far away from them. Things will look better or your confidence will be normal.
>>
>>42506693
the sticky is outdated and does not correspond to most recent research
>>
Cable Crossovers or DB Flyes for building chest?
>>
Threw up today before finishing my morning calisthenics. Just had a banana and a pint of milk before starting. How do I prevent this in the future?
>>
any decent meal that has all/most of the vitamins and minerals required?
I dont want to take multivitamins
>>
I heard I could get that peterson self authoring thing either as a torrent or a megaupload link, but I haven't been able to find it... do i have to request it or is in a link in one of the generals?
>>
I'm doing OHP and Incline bench press mon
Wed
Fri

What other upper body stuff can I do? I have a barbell and dumbbells. I cannot workout legs due to health problems for a few months.
>>
Losing my virginity at 22 to a hooker tomorrow. Any tips?
>>
I'm obese and i can't do my judo workout without getting winded up. I just picked up lifting. Should i do low intensity before starting Judo again or just tank it up until i have enough endurance?
>>
>>42507243
Don't do it. It will ruin your idea of what sex is. Just make an ad on Craigslist looking for a mature woman who will take your virginity . She will help you learn the ropes.
>>
>>42507174
Bench regular and decline
Chest supported rows
Barbell row
Incline dumbbell press
There's a lot you can do
>>
Right now I take a protein shake before the workout and just after. Should I have another one before sleeping? Google gives me mixed results.
>>
>>42507283
Oh I should've mentioned I'm a beginner.
>>
>>42507268
craiglist isnt that popular in east europe. Is it a problem if I fap now? Should I save up my cum for the whore?
>>
Normal to see noob gains stall while cutting?
>>
Recently, I will sometimes experience pain in my upper left shoulder when I masturbate. This only started happening after I started doing OHPs.

Did I somehow injure my shoulder, or am I just masturbating too much?
>>
Just lost my virginity 2 hours ago after 6 months of sl, I've allready made it is there any point of doing more?
>>
I keep surpassing my sodium limit by a lot. How do I lower my sodium
>>
>>42507461

Getting laid isn't making it you stupid fuck
>>
>>42507297
There are two different types of protein, one is digested and absorbed very quickly (whey) and the other much more slowly. I forget the name of the latter type but that's what you want to have before bed, it'll continue to be used by the body all night. Milk has both types if I remember correctly.
>>
>>42507455
You need to keep your form right when doing OHP they will fuck you up if you do them wrong. Start with lower weight.
>>
File: 1497222450757.jpg (3MB, 4984x2957px) Image search: [Google]
1497222450757.jpg
3MB, 4984x2957px
>>42507266
Bumping.
>>
>>42507129
I bought it a while ago and I got an extra key, post your email and I'll send it
>>
>>42506338
you should really read the /advancedfitness post about how supersets may even be detrimental to your gains (strength OR hypertrophy) as it doesnt allow for full recruitment of muscle fibers etc

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26605807

>>42506263
get surgery

>>42505796
yes, tricep isolation has good carry over to bench strength considering its the secondary mover in the exercise, some people consider close grip bench as an additional exercise for better hitting the triceps however i would reccomend a more direct isolation perhaps skullcrushers/pullovers/cable pulldowns etc
>>
>>42506452
Thx
>>
has anyone had sucess with eyeballing, going by feel and shit like that on building a great physique?
I cut down and look good for the first time in my life, a buffier version of ottermode(look good naked but dyel in clothes) and im gonna start bulking after I eat maintenance for two weeks but im fucking tired of counting kcals every fucking day, even just on eatring twice per day
>>
>>42505705
hi OP, if you're still reading: you probably have weak abductors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74-iV8aMNmU
>>
>>42506500
current research in its simplest form is 1g/lb of bodyweight (although 1gm/lb of LBM is probably more realistic just be safe and go for 1g/lb bw) protein should be higher in a cut because it preserves LBM and is a longer metabolic process to convert and thus store as fat

>>42506650
look optimal muscle protein synthesis (MPS) is stimulated by approximately 40g protein every 3 hours, if you want to OPTIMALLY gain muscle then that's the way to do it, of course I would suggest you do it that way but up to you (this is the reason for before bed protein shakes of casein etc)

>>42506747
cable crossovers are safer by far and allow for greater contraction at peak

>>42507018
veges (cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach etc), eggs, lean chicken breast puts you at very close if not complete profile of most micronutrients

>>42507297
before and after is good, before bed optimally mixed with milk or straight up casein powder is again optimal (although 80% of milk proteins are casein anyway) which is the slower 'releasing'/'absorbing' protein type better for the period of long starvation overnight

>>42507431
yes obviously, you arent providing the raw materials to build muscle, do you expect your body to summon it from thin air? Dont worry though noob gains dont expire and will keep going when you start eating properly again
>>
>>42507775
I eat a lot of the same shit, so I can eyeball my calories. You should be able to do the same if you count calories for a while.
>>
>>42507266
>>42507632
Second bump. Help a fatty out, please.
>>
>>42507790
Hi maggot, do you know any variations of incline presses? I do incline db presses and standing landmine press. I dislocated my a/c joint a few years ago so I can't press overhead/incline with barbells anymore.
>>
>>42507683
I feel more comfortable torrenting it, share it with your mother or something senpai.
>>
What's the most fun tricep workout
>>
>>42507819
What's your main goal? If you want to git gud at judo, do more cardio and less weightlifting (preferably low impact) so you can lose weight do judo for a longer period of time.
>>
Is it ok if im here on /fit if ive only been lifting for a month and dont know all the cool lingo?
>>
Is tea a gains goblin? Specifically Arizona.
I'm starting body weight workouts until I can scrape up enough for a bench. I want to drink healthier but straight water makes me feel robotic.
>>
help me make an MMA conditioing routine.
*burpees(500 a day)
pushups(500-1000 trough the day)
1000 squats
also dips and pullups maybe.

This is not counting fighting techniques,just the conditioning.
>>
>>42507832
i know this seems counter-intuitive but the EMG activity of chinups is good for upper chest and decline bench is considered an optimal replacement for incline bench because it much less stressing on the AC joint if its causing you pain/discomfort, overall if you are hitting the pectoral muscles you are hitting them all regardless of the exercise and personally based on the current literature I see no reason to do more than 1 upper chest focused exercise in a given routine

>>42507852
rippetoe makes reference to lying tricep ez-curl bar pullovers as considered the 4th powerlifting movement as it has more crossover than OHP to the other lifts, I would highly recommend them, the EMG activity is great and the burn is intense

>>42507921
liquid calories are dangerous depending on your goal, helpful really if you have trouble bulking but due to high glycemic index and reducing insulin sensitivity its a really good idea to cut them out for a multitude of reasons (type 2 diabetes and everything that comes with that etc) insulin is a powerful bodybuilding/muscle building factor and if yours is not working properly because you sip too many sugary beverages you are at a disadvantage

also drinking from plastic??? Its like you want to flood yourself with xenoestrogens and dont want gains

>>42507883
you'll pick it up quickly
>>
if you just HAVE to fap, should you do it before or after your workout?
>>
how do i get in to tricking
>>
>>42508039
dont fap.
dont be a libertine pig,bro.
>>
File: Untitled.webm (699KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
699KB, 640x360px
New to lifting, read the sticky, need help with my barbell row form. I notice my hips don't form as sharp of an angle as examples I've seen do. How do I correct this?
>>
Am I wrong to include exercise in MyFitnessPal when I'm using a daily calorie figure based off of myTDEE, which presumably, already includes exercise as part of the figure?
>>
>>42508100
dont arch your back
toes must point forward
rest belly between your thighs and pretend you're pregnant
keep wrists straight
*slaps your butt*
>>
>>42508100
as other other anon said, primarily fix your back and the belly tip is good
>>
Are large calves a blessing or a curse? I grew up obese, and I've since lost the weight, but the calves remain the same.
>>
What's a good frozen treat that's not frozen calories?
It's hot here
>>
>>42508100
Try getting lower, you look like you need to work on your ankle and hamstring mobility. Your back should not be arched at all, and it should be parallel with the floor.
>>
>>42508165
Frozen berries with whipped cream.
>>
when trying to create a calorie deficit, how effective is snaking on celery in between meals?
>>
>>42508155
Calves are cute
>you can show them like something average People can't get
>>
Will I an hero my shoulders if I do dips on gymnastics rings or is that just a meme
>>
File: progress.jpg (107KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
107KB, 750x1000px
I've been working out for a month on a PHUL routine after sitting on my ass for ~4 years.

This is pretty much what I've been doing:
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

My weights are up slightly but I still look like shit. I don't expect to be ripped by a month, but I just want to make sure I'm taking the right approach and not fucking anything up. If a month is too short of a time to see results thats amazing news.
>>
>>42508131
How can I keep my back from arching? I'm pushing my chest out to the max, but it still won't straighten.
>>
>>42508174
Suggestions for how to improve ankle/hamstring mobility?
>>
>>42508377
A month is too short to see any results, especially at that high body fat. I'd suggest cutting first my dude.
>>
What are some easy to make meals for bulking? I'm not very good at cooking which is making hitting my macros hard.
>>
>>42508386
Limber 11 and rolling your feet out.
>>
>>42508403
For reference:
100g protein
61g fat
222 crabs
1868 calories
>>
will I die if I train fasted and only eat like 2 hours after lifting? I have no hunger
>>
>>42507703
Where's the advanced fitness post (not the anon from the question)
>>
>>42508390
Good to know, I'm currently cutting (not from July 12), but the last place I'm losing fat is my beer gut.
>>
>>42508416
you need way more than 1800 cals and 100g protons for bulking (unless you're 5'6)
>>
>>42508434
I'm shorter than that so
>>
>>42508165
Keep a banana or two in the freezer. Not fridge, FREEZER.

Blend it with milk and a scoop of chocolate protein.

BAM, God-tier frozen treat.
>>
>>42508433
Yeah the human body is gay like that. Keep cutting and you'll see results and feel like a sikk kunt
>>
>>42507855
My main goal is weight loss and getting more endurance so i can get good at Judo, since i can't do much without getting tired. What to do?
>>
>>42508427
https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedFitness/comments/3ugvc8/longer_interset_rest_periods_enhance_muscle/

disregard the fact its reddit and acknowledge that advanced fitness is exactly what you are looking for if you want to get deeper into fitness
>>
So I've just joint a gym near me, after doing strength routines on and off from about the age of 17 at home. 20 now.

What's some gym etiquette, should I really wipe down the bench after I've used it? I dunno if I wanna get other people's sweat n germs n shit on my towel too.

Other than that I'm doing starting strength and I feel as though I'm not getting as much of a pump as I was from ICF 5x5, but I am only on day 1 of phase 1 I guess. I'll wait for things to pick up with the chin ups/ weighted chins and see how I'm looking then, also intermediate routine progression
>>
Ive been on a cut the last 3 or 4 months and ive lost 10 with my current weight being about 87lg at 6ft. Ive read things saying I should keeo cutting until my entire stomach is defined but when will I know when that is? Ive gone from a size L to now bordering in size small and Im wary that if I lose much more Ill be too small. Should I keep cutting to get to my goal weight (about 80kg) or switch now to a maintenance/lean bulk diet.
>>
File: 1494398833785.png (445KB, 426x643px) Image search: [Google]
1494398833785.png
445KB, 426x643px
>>42508529
I should add I want to look like this
>>
File: IMAG0159[1].jpg (1MB, 2368x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0159[1].jpg
1MB, 2368x4160px
You guys reckon this is around 18% body fat or so? I thought was I still 20%+ because I realized that I have kinda big hips and its all not fat.
Maybe I'm closer to 14-15% body fat than I originally, which was sorta my original goal to start lean bulking
>>
>>42508555
>wanting to be a nigger
>>
>>42508515
Bump
>>
>>42507703
>>42508487
Thanks breh
>>
File: 20170814_190333[1].jpg (852KB, 2164x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_190333[1].jpg
852KB, 2164x1280px
Do I still look like I rattle when I walk around? I thought I had virtually no lats but I just took these pictures and my back looks wider than I imagined (you know, I don't look at myself from behind too often). What is the next thing that would improve the way my upper body looks the most? Lower back? Abs? Chest?

>do squats
I will when I muster the courage to ask for the rack
>>
What are you guys eating while cutting? Anybody have a shopping list?
>>
I GOT BLOOD DRAWN 4 FUCKING DAYS AGO AND MY ARM IS STILL SORE AND IT HURTS TO CURL OR EVEN PRESS ANYTHING HOW THE FUCK DO I FIX THIS
>>
>>42508721
suck it up
>>
What's the lowest percentage of dark chocolate I can eat
>>
>>42508703
You have anterior pelvic tilt. Fix it you faggot.
>>
>>42508730
Is there any chance I could tear my bicep if I keep working it? Because that's what I'm afraid of
>>
File: B001G8Y8U8_creatine_hp_sm.jpg (36KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
B001G8Y8U8_creatine_hp_sm.jpg
36KB, 300x402px
I recently started lifting and heard I should be taking creatine.

Does it matter which brand I buy, or is it all the same?

How much should I take per day? Does it matter when I take it relative to my workout?
>>
>>42508740
is it that bad?
>>
>>42508773
>heard I should be taking creatine
From who? What a retard
>>
>>42505705
What are some good, basic exercises I can do to become a femboy?
>>
>>42508804

wrist slitsxF
>>
>>42507618
I'm only at 60 lbs right now, but I guess I'll try going lower.
>>
>>42505705
What's /fit/'s opinion on shoe lifts?
Are they an option for a 5'11 manlet like me?
>>
>>42508711
bumping this question
>>
Okay, I've lost 12 stone (168lbs) since September '16, my gp told me to stop losing weight and I'm determined to not fuck this up.

Am I cool to go straight back into maintenance at 2100kcal a day? Or will that all turn to fat and fuck me over.
I tried googling 'reverse dieting' but it sounds like broscience to me, is it bunk?
Thanks for your time.
>>
Thought I was 5"11-6ft my entire life.

Just checked with tape measure, two tape measures, and had my brother verify. We're both...5"9.

How should I kill myself?
>>
>>42509019
you could alternatively stop being a fag

>>42509016
if I were you, I'd slowly ramp up the kcal's just so you dont get the inclination to binge
>>
Why is Greyskill better than SL / SS ? Should I just stick with SL until I plateau and then switch over to Grey?
>>
>>42509051
upping by 100kcal every 2 weeks or so
does that sound okay?
>>
>>42508469
Bumping once more.
>>
>>42508989
you have bigger problems than your height

>>42508773
~5grams

>>42508796
creatine can increase performance, make you look bigger and has no downsides

>>42508750
they dont stick the needle in your biceps tendon where the hell did you get your blood drawn

>>42508703
stretch your hip flexors and strengthen your abs and glutes, to fix your hips

>>42508469
do cardio I guess, swimming would be great I think since its also great for your joints and judo sounds like a lot of impact
>>
I'm currently taking:
B12 500mg
Magnesium 250mg
Creatine 5g

Is there anything else I should consider? My diet is basically grilled chicken and brown rice with water two or four times a day with fruits and veggies filling out the rest of the day. Started the magnemum due to cramps. B12 I was just told was good for energy. Creatine for Creatine's sake.
>>
>>42508515
If you're sweaty and left sweat stains/puddles on the bench, it's polite to clean it up. If you didn't really leave anything, you're fine
SS is pretty shit for getting you a pump, most beginner programs advocate lower reps and greater intensity. Depending on your lifts/how easily you progress, you should switch over to an intermediate routine. There's currently a routine thread with people discussing intermediate routines
good luck bb
>>
>>42509207
Zinc is a good one, boosts test if you're deficient
Vitamin D3
fish oil
citrulline malate as preworkout + caffeine and L-theanine
if you are a stressy person, ashwagandha might help
>>
>>42508778
Yeah, it causes tightness in the hips and by extension tight hammies, as well as weaker hip flexors. Can you squat properly?
Yours isn't too bad though, thankfully. You can fix it by doing hip and hamstring stretches routinely
>>
>>42509188
Ive gotten blood drawn many times before but it never hurt this much or for so long, so it makes me wonder if the bitch who did it fucked up
>>
>>42509265
probably yeah, people get tired at their job whatever, bad day whatever and then she puts the needle a bit too deep in an underlying muscle and there you go pain like a motherfucker
>>
Is there a way to figure out how many milligrams of fish oil I should take daily? I currently take 1400 but I don't exactly exercise. Skinnyfat, here.
>>
Is it ok to lift mon-fri?

Or should I only do monday, wednesday and friday?

I usually only do things like BP, military presses and curls.
>>
>>42509265
How much blood did you get drained exactly? Normally that should go away by day 3, even with it was enough to give for a donation.
>>
what workouts actually hit the chest hard?

I bench, I do chest flys and I don't feel it targeting the chest

ty
>>
>>42509103
>Why is Greyskill better than SL / SS?
It's not necessarily better, but it does allow for more upper body work.
Should I just stick with SL until I plateau and then switch over to Grey?
Once you plateau you're gonna want to start "advanced beginner" programming like Texas Method in which progress is made weekly, not daily. You don't finish a novice program and start another novice program, that makes very little sense.
>>
>>42505705
hows this for macros? protein/fat/carbs

30% / 30 % / 40%
>>
Is cardio for 30-45 mins on rest days gonna kill muh gains? I am AxBxAxB atm
>>
Is 2700 maintenance calories for a 5"8 135lb male who lifts 3 times a week, is a college student a bit too high?

I realised after eating 2700 for about 2 weeks, my weight kinda stayed the same. Then after I tried lean gain and ate 2700 on lift days and 2000 on rest days, I actually dropped a fucking kg.

This doesn't make sense does it? Is my TDEE too high?
>>
A while ago I hurt my shoulder while lifting, but I'm not really sure how and didn't notice for some time. Now it feels pretty unstable (I notice it slide around in the joint a bit), sometimes I feel it rubbing against something, and generally gets sore really easily.

Should I see a doctor about this or are there exercises I can do to help fix it?
>>
>>42505705
is it okay to masturbate before working out?
>>
Can a beginner lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?

If so, what's the correct amount of calories to get?
>>
File: 2.webm (404KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
404KB, 270x480px
how do i fix my back?

someone suggested jefferson curls
>>
Going to do 5/3/1
It's 4 days a week, right?
So when would I train?
Should I Do Monday-Thursday then rest Friday-Sunday?
>>
>>42510217
You can lose fat and gain strength.
>>
>>42510226
if that's you, it looks like you need to work on hamstring flexibility. as you bend at the waist your back comes with you but your hammies tighten up to a point where your back can no longer remain flat and your upper back moves downward and your lower back stays in place with the hamstrings loaded.
>>
File: 1486039828555.jpg (19KB, 326x315px) Image search: [Google]
1486039828555.jpg
19KB, 326x315px
>>42505705
Finished working out an hour ago. Arms are very shakey like I'm having muscles spasms. Is this normal?
>>
>>42510226
Stretch your legs and ass. Downward dog and really push your ass in to the air.
>>
>>42510324
The only way to gain muscle is eating and looking like a fatass?
>>
Not really fitness but /fit/ is probably the best place.

Is there a way to browse Tinder profiles around me without making an account? The GF and I broke up recently and I'm planning to make an account and try to find some rebound sloots soon but I don't feel like going through the hassle of finding good pics and a good bio and swiping endlessly right at this moment. Just kind of want to scope the field out.

Thanks brehs.
>>
>>42510350

Yes. Gotta confuse the muscle.
>>
>>42509478
Your form is probably off on bench, my chest is pumped to shit after a 5x5
Dips are also pretty good
>>
>>42510350
yes
last night I was driving and I got random tricep spasms
>>
>>42506756
>fruit and dairy
Tsk tsk, anon

>>42507266
Lose weight, and do a less intense form of cardio. If you have time for weights, do that too. Start low weight but always aim to break records every week or so or else you won't see benefits.

>>42508377
I've seen results in myself in a month, but I started at 6'2" 170 and ended at 175. With your gut you really will not see abs. Arms, legs, and other gains you should expect to notice with 2 months. I would cut if i were you, though. Do low rep high weight ab work, though. Abs can get big and will help a little to counter the fat stored around them.
>>
I don't know if this goes on /fit/ but every time I cook chicken, the outside might taste good but the inside is always like chewing rubber, no taste.
How can I fix it?
>>
>>42510353
No, you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Eating at or just above sedentary maintenance will do that. Eating above that + strength/hypertrophy training (which would lead to burning calories, thus putting you in a deficit) = muscle gains and fat loss. It'll just be slower than traditional cutting and what not
>>
just sorted my nutrition out to make sure im gettng enough protein www.myfitnesspal.com%2Ffood%2Fdiary%2Fvrushabh%3Fdate%3D2017-08-14

could someone critique? i think its good
>>
>>42510469
I see, I'll stick to 2,000 cal per day, which is my sedentary TDEE and lift. I asume getting lots of protein is crucial for this
>>
Are abs made in the kitchen or should I work them? Best abs exercises?
>>
>>42510535
Crunches, and it depends on your muscle, some people with very low body fat have no muscle at all so they look like skeletons, try to add crunches and crunch variations to your routine and then lose bodyfat
>>
File: 20170815_121351.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170815_121351.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Is this shit any accurate.. I don't see my abs at all.
>>
>>42510532
Protein is important, but you only need roughly 1g/lb of bodyweight, 1g/lb of LBM is probably more accurate.
>>
doctors told me i'm heavily muscled because of my wide frame/shoulders, and i was able to do 5 reps of a 2pl8 bench with no prior experience at my brothers house (didn't do 5 sets tho)

I'm currently too poor to pay for a gym membership, here in mexico gyms are surprisingly decent but also expensive as shit, nothing compared to the average US gym in price range.

My brother gave me 2 dumbbells, a bar, and 60 lbs in plates. my question is, can i make some noob gains curling 30s and benching/ohp a 60s barbell? i normally go for 12-15 reps because of the low weight.

Do i even bother or would i have to be a 100lbs skellyngton to make noob gains with this babyweight? (30s dds seem pretty decent for some simple exercises)
>>
>>42510535
Get yourself an ab wheel my man, it's one of the best ab exercises and works nearly all of your core effectively.
You need to work abs for them to pop through, but a low enough bf% to actually see them. Jeff Neoppard actually has a pretty good video on it
>>
is intermittent fasting real or a meme?
>>
>>42510665
what do you mean? I've been doing it for 3 days
it isn't a miracle or anything, just an easier way to eat if you're like me and don't feel hungry when you wake up, when you start to feel a bit you drink a cup of coffee and congratulations you can go the rest of the day with no food

I fast for like 16hours and have two meals in the 8 hour window
I started doing this because it lets me enjoy big ass fucking meals on a cut

it's all about kcals in > kcals out but I find this method easier than eating a shit load of meals throughout the day, rather enjoy two meals of 1000kcals each than a bunch of meals low on kcals
>>
>>42510665
no, but it does make it easier (in most cases) to cut because the body gets used to the eating window, back when i was doing it 22/2 my stomach would start causing small earthquakes whenever my feeding window was close, but nothing for the remainder 22 hours of the day.
>>
Working on some nooby gains at home.
Currently have 2x25lb bumper plates, 4x10lb plates, 2x5lb plates and 2x2.5lb plates.
I'm about to go over what I have.
Should I buy another pair of 25lb bumper plates or buy 2 45s?
>>
>>42510698
2 45s. That way you're going to have a longer range of weight that you can put on.
>>
How many sets are too many on a given PPL day? For example, is the following push routine alright?
>5 sets of 8 bench press
>5 sets of 8 db flys
>3 sets of 8 OHP
Alternating the volume of the bench press and press every other day.
>>
>shoulder pain during db side raises
>probably rotator cuff, hurts a lot
>a month passes
>no lifting, just rotator cuff exercises
>not intense pain, but still hurts sometimes
I just want to lift again. How long will this last?
>>
Hi there /fit/
I've always had hypersensibility. It means I take shit really at heart and I do start crying easily. Always been like this (I don't cry everyday for anything tho, just under pressure and hard criticism).

Problem is, it really reduces my overall energy, including for lifting.
How to harden the fuck up ? Can anybody relate to this and did find a solution ?

Thanks
>>
>>42510774
stop being a little bitch?
>>
So for most of my life i couldn't bend my lower back, i dunno why but whenever i bent, everything below about bellybutton height stayed totally stationary no matter what
It was even starting to cause some back pain right at the joint between where it didnt bend and did
But a few days ago i was deadlifting and heard a pop from the part of my back that doesn't move and stopped lifting because i was spooked
Now it's been a day or two and it is sort of sore, but now i can fully move my lower spine
I can flex my lower back muscles and feel it arch, and tighten my glutes and it tucks, I can even gyrate my hips and feel it moving around in relation to my pelvis, which is totally new to me
What did i do lmao
>>
>>42510774
I am the same way. I was the kid that cried in class and It's still hard to control it sometimes. Do you also have mood swings? Do you get angry easily?
I'm taking some medication now (been diagnosed with bipolar disorder for a year now) and since then my life improved a lot. I don't know if one thing is related to the other though. It probably isn't, right?
>>
>>42510768
just saw this as i was lurking...

desu go get a professional massage anon. I ripped my rotator cuff, tricep , and quad. last 8 months have been my own personal hell. But a professional, who has 25+ years of experience, can fix you up pretty easy.
>>
What is the best running app to use to track distance and mile splits?
>>
I've failed progressing both my dumbbell curls and my chin ups for a handful of sessions now. Currently doing 5/2/2 of chin ups and 8/6 of dumbbells. Most recent session only managed 4 reps on my second set before my arms gave out.

Should I bump the weight down?
>>
>>42510441
ty will review form
>>
I'm sure this has been asked every day.

I started lifting about 2 months ago, I haven't noticed any gains. Specifically, I've been focusing on chest, back, and arms.

How long before YOU noticed any sort of progress?
>>
about to start a 4 day fast. do I just drink water and take 1 multivitamin a day, or is there more to it?
>>
>>42511107
If you're talking about muscle, take pictures every month. It's slow, like water dripping into a glass from a leaky faucet. You'll notice after a while, but not immediately.

Compare your starting stats to yourself 6 months in.

>>42511123
not really. Just know most people would not recommend fasting for more than a day or two.
>>
Whats with sipping?
>>
>>42511146
Well, I am taking weekly progress pics (on a cut, have gone from 25% BF to 19% and falling) (yes I understand the conflict of interest)
but I'm not really looking for muscle. I've had basically the same body all my life. Is it better to measure? Flex in pictures? Monthly pictures? I honestly couldn't give half a shit what I can lift if I look like a twig. My bench press has gone up almost 100 pounds.
>>
I've been lifting for about a year now, I'm happy with my strength and size progression, but my anterior pelvic tilt hasn't changed much at all.

Are there any specific lifts to fix it or is it all stretching?
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>42511172
You're not going to see any difference in 3 weeks. That's why I suggest monthly pics. You can see a trend over 3 months that's harder to see over 3 weeks.

observe my shitty graph. Red = weekly, green = monthly

Unless you roid, progress will always be slow. But that's just the nature of things.
>>
what do i do about a missed workout? i got caught up today with some family issues and i didn't have time to lift, and i was planning on making up for it by lifting tomorrow but that would push back my whole schedule. i usually lift monday/wednesday/friday and i do cardio on the weekend.
>>
>>42511172
A rough rule of thumb is your pump is what you'll look like in a year.
>>
>>42508012
Read Joel Jamieson stuff try his free 4-week conditioning program.
>>
>>42508403
Snack on dried fruits,dates and nuts they are calorically dense.
>>
>>42510979
Yeah I'm that boy too. I have huge moodswings, often brooding and melancholic (although I'm a joyful man pretty much all the time). I never read anywhere it was related to bipolar disorder. I don't think I have one at least, but I probably should look over medication for hypersensibility.

You'll make it brah, carry on
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 634x951px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 634x951px
Before reading /fit/ I was 90kgx175cm (198pounds x 5'9ft). Since then I've counted my calories, respected the deficit with no breaks (I was disgusted by my body and so stocked by my results that I did not want to have cheat days in the first place) and I've started running twice a day and walking all day long (I've quit my sedentary lifestyle).
I've managed to lose consistently 2pounds (1kg) per week for 4 months (I now weigh 73kg, or 160 pounds).

Now, as I've said I'm amazed by how well I've conducted so far (I've really cleaned up my act, and I'm living a legitimatly healthy lifestyle for the first time in my life), yet I'm bothered by the fact that this weight loss may slow down. I'm sure I'm putting up no muscles at the moment, and when I started I basically had no muscle whatsoever. According to this fact, to become "thin" I would have to weigh something about 55 kgs. I know that because in high school I used to weigh 65 kgs and I still had a belly and some manhandles. This means that I'll have to go this route for still a long time (as soon as I'll get in an acceptable form I'll start bulking and lifting to put mass), which means that there is still much space for this slowing down to happen.
What should I expect? If I stop losing 1 pound per week when I'll still weigh 67kgs it will be a tragedy, for I still will be fat. Is it that common? Is it phisiological, or it's just people not readjusting their deficits?
Also, is losing 1kg per week too much? Will I slow down my metabolism too much by doing so?
>>
>>42511301
Well then I'm fucking doomed because I look like gumby even when I flex.
>>
>>42511248
keep to your schedule. You're going to have days where you can't lift, don't mess up the rest of your week for it.
>>
>>42511411
1kg a week is pretty fast anon. I'd recommend slowing it down at your height and weight. Really more than half a kilo is a bit overkill. Just under half a kilo is good progress.
>>
>>42510597
That's pretty standard. Abs start to appear more at 10-11% body fat rather than 12-13. You may start to notice a faint outline as the percentage goes down a bit more.
>>
>>42506245
Kek
>>
>>42511520

I can see the outline of my abs under lighting, but I mean I have a small belly and uhh how can I be 13% in that case?
>>
I think my girlfriend might have spondylolisthesis. She got back pain as a teenager but remembers a doctor saying that she had some congenital back problem, and now she cannot lie on her back with an arch. She has started deadlifting and squatting with no trouble, but she cannot lie down on a bench with her feet on the floor. Does anyone here know how to bench with spondylolisthesis? Just feet-up bench?
>>
>>42511084
anyone?
>>
File: 1502480316474.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1502480316474.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
Does only swimming and not lifting make you skinny fat?
>>
>>42510774
Make sure your test is optimal - get lots of sleep, EAT, take magnesium and zinc supplements - this will all help you turn SADNESS into MADNESS. Agression is the way through my dude.
>>
>>42511639

no

genetics make you skinny fat i.e. if your genetics dictate that you hold your fat in front of your abs and your obliques and you get down to around 15-20% bf, the rest of your body will look skinny while having flab around your midsection. This is especially common in men.

skinnyfat is fixed by having low body fat. that's it.
>>
>>42510338
ok but what do i do to fix it? what stretches are optimal?
>>
>>42505705

What are some good ways to give me more power at the bottom of a deadlift? after the bar gets past my knees I can stand up and hold the weight with my shoulders back pretty easily, but I feel really weak at the bottom and I don't want to move up weight any further because I think my shoulders might be rounding or im just doing something wrong. I'm doing RDL's and Rack Pulls to try and improve on my Deadlift but I still feel weak at the bottom.

I'm kinda tall so I'm pretty much squatting the weight up to my knees until I can push my hips forward and drive the weight up, and if I try and use more of my back I think I'm lifting the weight slightly away from my body and its putting pressure on my lower back. I know I want the weight as close to my body as I can have it, but my shins are over the bar pretty much the entire time so I can't really pull the weight until my legs are straightened a bit, otherwise I have to lean out and try to get the bar over my knees and then start to drive with my hips, if that makes sense.

Is this a strength issue or form, and can you explain how to fix what the issue sounds like? I know it's shit without a video but i've done my best to explain what I think the issue may be.
>>
>>42511820

you need to be dragging the bar up your shins if you aren't already
>>
I have crepitus in my left knee. Should I keep overloading my squats or should I take it easy for a while? It doesn't really hurt, I only really feel a very faint ache from it after I've been sat down for too long.
>>
>>42511934

I'm keeping it maybe an inch or a little less off my shins, but at that point I'm still squatting it up. Am I just meant to pull the bar into and up my shins until it hits my knees and then use hipdrive the rest of the way up?
>>
>>42511957

yep

people with long femurs need their knees farther over the bar which results in dragging it up against the shins if they don't have the hip mobility / torso length to shove their asses out 40 ft back to clear their knees of the bar.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 253x253px
>>42511477
I am losing 1kg per week with a 500kcal deficit, should I really reduce it? Isn't it normal ot shed that much fat when you're obese?
If you're right, I may have already slowed down my metabolism. To what point cardio and costant walking counterbalance it? God, I'm scared. Fuck, I genuinely hope I have not fucked up, and that this won't result in me still being fat for the years to come.
>>
>>42511967

I've been trying to stretch my hamstrings out so I can sit further back and keep my back straight but it's not easy. I'll just shred my shins to shit and hope I feel a bit more secure getting it up, thanks for the advice though
>>
>>42512005

yeah you get used to your shins

only thing that sucks:

>barked my shin on dl jack
>bleeding
>scabs over
>keep irritating the scab with deadlifts

ive had a scab for about a month now there's no way it's not going to scar

just try not to hit your shins on anything lmao
>>
What supplements should I be taking. Im taking creatine right now. And im planning on starting leucine. What else is there?
>>
>>42512020
I've avoided riding the bar up my shins after watching The Accountant and him having his little autism episode and rolling the bar over his shins constantly. I felt sick watching that so I'll just try do it in tracksuit pants or something to soften it a bit

>>42512036
I just use Whey, Creatine, BCAA's and some Carnitine. Carnitine seems to work, I think it mostly just pumps up your heart rate so you sweat more and work harder but I definitely notice when I use it before a workout or if i skip it. I'm generally dripping and my shirt is soaked if I've used it, even with the fans on. It's pretty cheap too. I also take Vitamin D because it's winter and I don't go out much anyway, and some Zinc and Magnesium, but I've only started taking those in the past week so I haven't noticed much difference so far.

I also use some intra-workout but I got it for free with an online order, it's pretty good, I think I can stay at the gym a bit longer when I drink it during the workout compared to water. I'm not sure if I'll buy it once I run out, I guess I'll see how I go with Powerade or water.

I use a fair bit of stuff but its mostly because I need to hit that free shipping point when ordering online so some of what I use might not be worth it, I dunno
>>
>>42511672
I sleep really badly (don't know why, I play vidyahs less than 4 hours a week, don't watch tv, I'm a wage slave for now, I lift, no alcohol). I'm gonna go see a doctor about it.
Will definitely try that tho. Thanks mate.
>>
Should I change from SS to something other, I want to train more and I have 4 weeks vacation?
Althoug I really see some progress in just ~1 month.
>>
When people say they stall on an exercise they mean that they don't got up with the weight since when?
>>
>>42512329

SS is the fastest way to make strength gains as a newbie. Most strength training programs will have you train for three days a week, as that allows for optimal recovery time since you'll be lifting high weight, low reps for strength.

Volume-heavy programs that have you going on six day splits and whatnot are usually more geared toward hypertrophy, which won't be as useful to you as a beginner. Since you're so new, you're going to make gains no matter what program you're on. I would advise you to stay on SS and use the free time to make sure you're sleeping and eating enough

if you insist on doing some gooberheaded shit that will actually impede your progress I would look into PHAT
>>
>>42512332

let's say I'm squatting on a linear progression. I add five more pounds to the bar than I did last session. So two days ago I was squatting 160 for reps, I add a 2.5lb. plate to each side and am now squatting 165. I usually do 3 sets of 5 reps, but today I can only get halfway through my second set and fail on rep 3, set 2. I rest for about five minutes and bang out two reps on my last set before I have to rack the bar.

Two days later, I try again. I make it through my first set, my second set I fail on the fourth rep, and then my third set I fail on my third rep.

Two days later, I give it one last shot. If I can get through my sets on this day, I'll add five more pounds to the bar next session as normal. unfortunately, I didn't sleep well last night and am drained so I get through my first and second sets fine but fail my third rep on my last set. I have now officially stalled.

Next workout, I will squat 90% of what I've been squatting for reps (165x.9 = ~145). From there on I will continue with a linear progression as normal.

That's what's known as a "stall" doing an LP. If you continually stall on an LP, you are either not sleeping or eating enough, your form is off, or you have done all you can do while on that program and it's time to switch to a more intermediate progression, i.e. adding weight every week instead of every session.

Hope that cleared things up.
>>
>>42512377
Yeah it did. Thank you
>>
>>42512395

no problem my man
>>
Are all ab wheels the same

I want to order one right now. If anyone has a suggestion for a sturdy one
>>
>>42512486
Just check to see if they have a weight limit or something if you're very overweight, otherwise they should all be the same, I bought some generic one for like 5$ and it works like a charm
>>
>>42512518

Thanks
>>
How do I deal with lower back DOMs after every session of squats or deadlifts? Does foam rolling everyday help? How long should I foam roll?
>>
>>42512560

If your form is good and you're still getting it, just try yoga. Also try lying on your back with your legs up to flatten your lumbar out. Just make sure you don't foam roll your lower back. Only mid/upper back
>>
File: 1472614864399.gif (3MB, 348x384px) Image search: [Google]
1472614864399.gif
3MB, 348x384px
>one shoulder blade sticks out farther than the other
Anyone have any idea what this means?
>>
>>42512574

Which part is the lower back? Is the area around the hips okay? It's where the DOMs usually are at.
>>
>>42512619
the lower back is that part of your back between where your ribs finish and your hips start. You can foam roll whatever you want if you find that it helps
>>
Is there any negative side effects of doing random sets of pushups throughout the day? (Aside from looking like a hardo) Trying to increase my push up max. Would it be beneficial to just drop down a few times a day and do max effort push ups on top of my normal workout routine? Or should I just do a push up workout once a day?
>>
>>42512641

I have been foam rolling my lower back all the time omg.. but why aren't you supposed to foam roll lower back?
>>
So I'm doing SS 3 days a week, I want to run on off days, what's a good distance to run?

Also how long should I rest in between sets? 3-5 mins?
>>
>>42512733

3-5 mins is a good range. Rest until you can complete the next set. You may have to rest 6-8 minutes for a particularly heavy third work set. If you're waiting 10+ minutes though you might want to think about de-loading.
>>
>>42506372
>I was retarded. I didn't care about macros at all, I thought stuffing my face with 5000 cals of chocolate and pastry with some milk would do the trick. My muscles grew, but my fat grew faster so I quit. Now I actually started eating lots of protein. Today I consumed less than 200g, I'm supposed to take 250, but I can see/feel the difference after a fucking day with 2 hours of sleep. This is amazing. Wow.

200 is plenty
>>
File: 1476273436388.jpg (335KB, 1280x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1476273436388.jpg
335KB, 1280x1086px
>>42505705
How much do I have to spend on food per month?
>>
>>42512686

there are no ribs there to support it. good video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDIhxIf2CI
>>
>>42513075

Not very much, especially if you buy non-perishables in bulk. I think there are a few infographics floating around. /ck/ probably has cheapo guides.

/r/eatcheapandhealthy might be able to help you out.
>>
File: 1479406269286.jpg (54KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
1479406269286.jpg
54KB, 1080x607px
>>42513093
Thanks. Have this gym pupper.
>>
>>42513085

Ok no lower back, but what about the glutes area around the hips? Basically can I foam roam my ass.
>>
>>42513154

yeah you can. something like a lacrosse ball might help more than a foam roller tho
>>
So can someone explain what you should do in a squat? So far what I have done is squeeze my ass really tightly and take a big breath and hold it while I go down and up. But my lower back still freaking hurts. I have no idea why
>>
I got very little sleep last night and I feel like shit.
Should I skip the gym today? I probably won't be able to add weight.
>>
>>42513372
A shit work-out is better than no workout.
Go to the gym.
>>
>>42513425
thanks anon. I'll do it!
>>
>>42505705
I constantly get injured while squatting and it almost never feels right.
My legs are joocy as hell already - have trouble finding pants that fit.
I'm okay with how strong they are too.
Any reason to continue squatting? Will it cuck me out of deadlift gainz if I just stop squatting altogether, or go for low-weight high reps all the time?
>>
>>42506398
Place plates in lap and use two props as support. Bend knees slightly, and better get a spot.
>>
File: img20170815_125024.png (168KB, 720x545px) Image search: [Google]
img20170815_125024.png
168KB, 720x545px
I used to have something like pic related. Except it was bigger, had bigger handles, and it had two bands on it, which were thicker. But the main difference is that you would push inwards, not pull outwards. Almost like you are trying to push the hands together, but the bands would resist.

Does anyone know what this equipment is called? I keep seeing chest expander, but none have the 'push inwards' motion.
>>
>>42511084
try runkeeper
>>
Is it true that low bf = more test? Talking about around 12% vs 25-30%.
>>
>>42511968
When you're obese, sure, but according to your stats you never were.
>>
>recently started stronglift 5x5, some general questions

when doing the barbell row/deadlift, what is the etiquette like when it comes to the lifting bar? is it ok if i just grab it from the bench press when no one is using it and start lifting where there's some free space?

also, is there anything you'd recommend doing on off days? i'm still pretty sore (especially legs) but i'm thinking of doing some reps of pushups / stretching or something along those lines at home.
>>
>>42514483
Yes, grabbing an empty bar has no issue. HOWEVER: I would always recommend looking for an open bar at one of the less used areas first, like the decline and incline benches instead of squats and bench.
>>
>>42508012
You are going to be Getting diminishing returns for that much work
>>
File: DSC_2415.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2415.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Are these two different styles of 20kg plates used for different exercises?

I'm new to this, obviously.
>>
>>42514539
20kg is 20kg
>>
Is lower back tightness around the hips area common sign of DOMs?

My deadlift has never been great and I always try to avoid it but today I tried 6 reps of 65kg, it didn't hurt at all in fact my back felt great after the set but hours later I'm getting lower back tightness and a bit of burn.
>>
>>42514539
Some are bumper plates and some are just normal plates.
Bumper plates (rubbery/more bouncy/generally thicker) are used for deadlift or olympic lifts. Usually I'll have one bumper plate then added normal weights on the sides, lessens the obnoxious slamming of weights.
For olympic it's more of a safety thing. Feels much better dropping it mid flight when it has bumper plates.
>>
>>42514580
Yeh but one of them has holes in it so it's obviously lighter
>>
I don't have access to my normal barbell setup today.
I typically bench 155lbs 3x5, however the heaviest DBs I have access to are 65 lbs.

Is a 65lbs DB bench fairly equal to a 155lbs BB bench?
>>
>>42514825
No you will lose your gains forever
>>
>>42505705
im poor
but i have access to a high end university gym and ive just been bullshitting my workout for a year.
i weigh 165 pounds and my max one rep on bench is 200. my squat is disgusting. i can barely do one rep of 165. my deadlift is also disgusting, i can barely do 155 with proper form. how can i catch up the rest of my body to my bench press? how long will it take? also im 6ft
>>
>>42514866
>how can i catch up the rest of my body to my bench press?
Go to the fucking gym? Follow any half decent program and make an effort to eat and sleep enough

If you have weird proportions your lifts will be similarly out of proportion but there is no "1 weird trick that doctors don't want you to know", you just go and lift like everyone else
>>
How does one heal long term connective tissue problems? I was a conpetitive runner forced to quit whos been dealing with pain around my patella for close to a year. I take time off, try to stretch multiple times daily, and have been to multiple PTs for programs. Im getting desperate and considering taking ostarine, any advice /fit/?
>>
For a skelly, isn't it supposed to be NOT recommended to stuff yourself full of food and gain like 3kg a month? Since beginners like me only build 1kg of muscle max per month, shouldn't we aim for like 1.5kg weight gain every month or something?
>>
>>42505705
Do non-diabetics and pre-diabetics experience hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if they're on a diet that is low in carbs/sugars and fats?
>>
1. How much more (calories) should I be eating on lift days compared to rest days? I'm cutting at about 2200 at the moment. Hitting 220 proton a day

2. Is the reason why I'm able to make gains on a deficit partially because I'm so overweight that my body can fulfill its calorie needs for muscle growth from what I already have ?
>>
>>42514976
Yeh there isn't really much value in gaining a shitload of weight. You will just be fat. Even 1.5kg per month is pobably a bit much unless you're 6ft+, although it won't hurt to gain at that rate for the first few months until you start to figure out how your body works.

The beginner-turbobulk thing is kind of a meme, it does make it much less likely that you will have inadequate nutrition but, let's be honest, 99% of us are just doing this to look better, so getting very fat is counterproductive. In any case the timing of your protein intake is as important as the total quantity, but maybe as a beginner that would be overcomplicating things...

>>42515145
>1. How much more (calories) should I be eating on lift days compared to rest days? I'm cutting at about 2200 at the moment. Hitting 220 proton a day
Probably just a few hundred. Just eat enough carbs to sustain you throught the workout before you go the gym, ideally with a bit of protein (e.g. rice and tuna)
>2. Is the reason why I'm able to make gains on a deficit partially because I'm so overweight that my body can fulfill its calorie needs for muscle growth from what I already have ?
If you're fat and/or a beginner it's easier to do this, but in general it is actually possible, you do not need to do the bulk and cut bullshit if you're moderately careful with your nutrition. It is easier to gain muscle if you're eating a shitload and it doesn't really require any cognitive effort but it's not necessary.
>>
I just remembered I have an electric grill.

What's the point of this? Isn't it basically the same as a pan except you can cook both sides at the same time?
any reason to take the dust off of it?

all I can think of is the cooking both sides at same time and grill marks for aesthetics
>>
>>42506263
also have red/violet stretch marks on upper thighs and elsewhere, gf doesn't mind them, reassures that it's just because of how hard i worked mooscles. you're gonna make it
>>
Can I just use water to sauté and all that stuff that I'd use oil for? to do it do I just need to pay extra attention and use a shit ton of water?

I rather use my olive oil AFTER cooking
>>
gonna go to the gym tonight. is it better to take a scoop of whey before and after working out, or take a double scoop after? what do you do?
>>
>>42508377
Add some shoulders on your upper hypertrophy days and traps on your lower days. It will be more balanced.
>>
Chest Dips, pull ups and squats.

All weighted versions

How far could one get on a minimalist routine like this?

Aesthetically that is
>>
>>42515216
Timing is not important, as long as you get in the nutrients you need within 24 hours your body will do its job.
>>
>been lifting for about 2 years
>stopped to do a voluntary year in a remote place
>look about average now
>wanna get aesthetic again

what routines should I do to catch up? And where should I expect to begin again?
>>
File: IMG-20170814-WA0007.jpg (108KB, 901x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170814-WA0007.jpg
108KB, 901x1600px
Can I still make and maintain gains if I choose to use machines exclusively?

>progressive overload
>correct rep/set scheme
>caloric surplus or deficit

I'd follow all the above principles.

Yes or no?
I'm aware it would take like 4 machines to hit the muscles a dead lift does for example. But just humor me fit. Not looking for a lecture. Just an answer.
>>
>>42515952
you could to a certain extinct but probably not as effectively.
>>
>>42515969
Would I build muscle slower is that what u mean?
>>
>>42516043
yeah, probably.
Because you don't use as many muscles for each exercise you'll produce less anabolics and the stabilators don't get that extra workout.
>>
File: IMG_0675.jpg (157KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0675.jpg
157KB, 750x1334px
recovering fatty

Down from 240 -> 173 in 6 months

Do I have barrel chest and gyno? I'm hoping it's just that my man tits are the last thing to go but I feel like I definitely have a huge rib cage.

Also what can I do to get rid of these fucking titties for good! I've fallen for the cold shower meme and having been doing that for about 3 weeks. Also taking Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil Pills.

Just in general I need some guidance.
>>
>>42516072
Fug. I'm pretty sure you're right, especially stabiliser part. All I want is something like pic related. Is this attainable with only machines?

I'm in one of those gyms where there are tons of machines and hardly any free weights
>>
>>42516089
Post you from the front not sucking it in, but with abs contracted.
>>
>>42516106
No idea. You can try chest machines + swimming, that might give you the results you want.
>>
I wanna quit porn and masturbation but I'm just horny all the time. What do?
>>
>>42516143
Alternative is a gf mate. Or tinder sloots. Final option is raw willpower
>>
any low-kcal ish smoothies filled with a shit ton of minerals and vitamins that taste atl east ok? asking since I work and do IF so I don't have much time to cook nor bring a huge meal to work and I only get hungry at night so I use a small break from work to eat and then resume.
>>
How accurate is this to calculate your bf? http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
According to it, my bf is 23% and in an "acceptable" level
>>
how do you do keto without eating too much protein?And how much protein per kg should I aim?I mean most high fat keto foods like cheese, meats, bacon, eggs, fish etc. contain also alot of protein.I also use olive oil for my salads but I think my protein intake is still too high.
>>
>>42516143
Discipline and willpower, start off by deleting any trace of porn from your computer, I deleted my 250gb porn folder that I've built since 2007. After this hard first step, the rest is easy. See also >>42516162
>>
File: IMG_0685.jpg (61KB, 750x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0685.jpg
61KB, 750x536px
>>42516117
>>
silly questions but...

when people say how much they lift, does this mean the maximum weight they can lift with proper form once or the weight they can lift comfortably (for sets)?

will doing stronglift5x5 make your body noticeably fitter (visually)? or is it just more for developing actual strength and so on?
>>
>>42516162
Quitting porn is one of the means to get a gf in my situation

>>42516239
I don't have any porn on my computer. I just browse websites
>>
when doing IF, does it matter if I eat like 3 hours after waking up?
>>
>>42516270
MOMMY
O
M
M
Y
>>
>>42515952
If you do enough work to stimulate a hypertrophic response you'll build muscle. You will probably be more susceptible to overuse injuries since range of motion will be machine limited. You might also find the machines don't go heavy enough for some movements.

>>42516106
You could attain that (or similar) with machines. Unless the machines are really shit.

Add in a load of body weight stuff as well and you'll manage to hit most of your stabiliser muscles and reduce the likelihood of overuse injuries.

>>42516188
Navy bf% test is fairly reliable, it's about as accurate as those electrical bf machines. But that's mainly because they are complete shit.

Best test you can easily do is 7 point caliper pinch method. Navy method isn't too bad for tracking bf% progress but it's never going to be less than +/- 5% deviation

>>42516337
Masturbate without porn. That's your first hurdle. Then focus on reducing how often you masturbate.

>>42516364
Maybe? It varies person to person. It didn't seem to matter for me but I've seen others claim it made a difference. Try it and see I guess.

>>42516270
Measure your bf%, it might be higher than you think and contributing to your bitch tits.

Rib cage doesn't seem freakishly big. Maybe a little above average. It'll give you an advantage for bench press desu.
>>
Does walking around a store for 1.5-2 hours considered exercise? my feet and legs are always tired after
>>
>>42516400
>Maybe? It varies person to person. It didn't seem to matter for me but I've seen others claim it made a difference. Try it and see I guess.

I'm asking because due to work I wake up at 13pm, lift an hour after and only eat at 18pm and then somewhere around 23pm and that's it
I have no problems with hunger just wondering if im not doing things right
I actually started IF since I didnt have much time to prep much food and I also didnt feel hunger during the day yet at night i'd get hungry
>>
File: 1425833747700.jpg (61KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1425833747700.jpg
61KB, 540x960px
>>42516418
How fat are you?

>>42516428
If that's the easiest way to fit IF into your schedule then stick at it. I can't imagine it will make an enormous difference.
>>
Guys whats the best protein I can cop from Prozis? Doesn't need to be their own brand could be any, I saw this xcore 100% whey hydro isolate and its also packed with 30% DV of a lot of minerals/vitamins which is nice, same goes for the MyVegies(plant protein)
>>
Could I build muscle by doing exercises such as push-ups everyday and using the rowing machine? And could I use natural protein shakes instead of that powder?
>>
>>42515932
I could basically start at 80% where I left off. Just continue your plan and you'll be fine
>>
>>42516400
Thanks dude!
>>
>>42516441
how important is post-workout meals on a fasted state? I only eat like 4 hours after lifting and it kinda worries me
>>
Why do American commercial gyms shit on UK ones?

I'm signed up to a pure gym it's a step up from that 'better' trash or David Lloyd which charges like £90 a month, or you can spend about £90 a month to sign up to a gym full of free weights and oly equipment, but I can't spend that sort of fucked up money and also sometimes I finish work late so the convenience of a 24/7 gym is what I need. But in the pure gym I'm at the free weights section is small and there's only 3 squat racks, which becomes a pain in the ass because it's busy in there. Plenty of machines though.

What's up, with our shitty, behind, living in the dark ages, cuckold country?
>>
Can I work muscles that have DOMS or should I wait until they're not sore anymore? Did squats two days ago and I was going to do them again today but my legs are still achy.
>>
>>42516583
You can build some muscle, not a huge amount. Read the sticky.

>>42516590
If it worries you take 1g HMB every day, it decreases catabollism of muscle tissues.

>>42516676
America has lots of shitty commercical gyms too. It's mostly driven by demand in the market, as long as the gym makes a profit they have no interest to specifically target a niche customer. Most people are happy with a couple of squat racks and a bunch of machines.

>>42516716
Work through it, DOMs is just your body not adapting to removing certain chemical by products from muscle use properly, these interact with nerve endings causing an aching sensation. After about a fortnight of working out you shouldn't get them anymore.
>>
For mental gains what are some decent philosophy books to read, looking for several different approaches?

>>42516716
Do the work out like normal, keep a vague awareness of it though and if it gets painful stop. Also stretch and do a light cool down jog before leaving.
>>
>>42516791
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Stoicism is kind of comforting for me. After that I waded through the European Modernist traditions. I'm currently reading through the socialist writers, I'm a big fan of Marxs' language and dialetics.
>>
>>42516400
Appreciated. And yeah bf% definitely still 20% I'd say. Bitch tits btw
>>
>>42516831
It could just be you're a little unlucky and that'll be the most stubborn fat deposit to get rid of. I've definitely seen loads worse and yours shouldn't look too bad once you gain some lean mass and start to build a better physique generally.
>>
>>42516676
>>42516777
We should petition and protest to change this shit.
They can take our squat racks but they'll never take our gains
>>
Cardio before or after lifting? and how long?
>>
File: 1502667385365.jpg (21KB, 325x326px) Image search: [Google]
1502667385365.jpg
21KB, 325x326px
Is there any app to help me with IF?

I want to try it but I need alarms and stuff, any help?
>>
>>42516876
After lifting, normally something light for a cool down
>>
>>42516870
I go to a pure gym and I regularly fill in those suggestions post cards asking for more squat racks.

It won't come to anything but that's about all I can be bothered to do
>>
Shoulder has been bothering me for a while. It has been rubbing up against something and slides around in the joint a bit. Should I see a doctor?
>>
>>42516952
If you have to ask the answer is probably yes
>>
File: IMG_2787.jpg (43KB, 264x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2787.jpg
43KB, 264x571px
complete begginer dyel here, this is my current routine, working out three times a week; axbxcxx

should I do abcabcx instead or would thay be too much for me? or axbxcax maybe, since the lifts on the first day are my weakest
>>
I can't do dips or chinups (overweight girl) and i'm tired of closegrip benches, barbell rows are ok maybe.

Is there other replacement for dips and chinups? Doing GSLP atm
>>
>>42517042
Did you make that program yourself?

>>42517136
Press ups, lat pulldowns.
>>
How important is the weekend 2 day rest on these 3-a-week routines? A rest day in between each gym day is fine, no? I've been doing
>>
>>42517229
Don't get too caught up with details like that. If you're recovering fine then you're recovering fine, no need to overthink it.
>>
>>42517208

Nah, I had my trainer write it up. It's been criticized before as well, what would you change about it?
>>
I see everyone talking about how good milk is, but what exactly makes it so good for lifting?
Should I drink it right before/after a workout? (I drink it every morning, a cup of milk and nesquik since I was a child)
>>
is barbell bench completely replaceable with DB variations
>>
File: aodnsaofjnsflckjaflcjkanloc.jpg (284KB, 1024x1208px) Image search: [Google]
aodnsaofjnsflckjaflcjkanloc.jpg
284KB, 1024x1208px
So the murder/k/ube program has me doing this for back and biceps. Can I do pic related instead at home? It's not lazyness, just my gym only allows me 3 days a week which I wanna use for other bodyparts and I got a doorframe bar at home.

Back:
1. Lat machine pulldowns to the front-
4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.

2. Close grip pulldowns to the front-

3. Seated cable rows-

4. Hyper-extensions-
3 sets of 18, 18, 18 reps.

Biceps:
1. Incline dumbbell curls-
4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps.

2. Standing barbell curls-
4 sets of 15, 10, 8, 6 reps.
>>
What do you guys put in your morning shake?
I usually do:
300g oats
1 Banana
a few frozen fruits
100g curd cheese
1 scoop of whey
>>
Just starting out, 175 lbs. and 6'0". Totally average skinny fat. Do I start bulking for winter or lose weight first?
>>
>>42517820
250ml water
1 banana
150g 0% greek yoghurt
1-2 scoops of whey
1tbsp peanut butter

thoughts?
>>
I started lifting a month ago, skellyfag in recovery.
Doing progress so far, is it bad if I keep bulking all through winter? When should I start cutting?
>>
>>42517820
>>42518044

2 scoops whey
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 banana
eyeballed amount of ground up rolled oats
maybe a cup of almond milk

it's the only thing i eat for like the first third of the day but the cals are prob pretty high. i'm trying to eat at <2000cals a day so maybe i'll cut down on the peanut butter or remove it entirely i dunno
>>
>>42517820
5 SCOOPS CMON
>>
File: GSLP.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
GSLP.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>42517336
Do something like this instead
>>
>>42518162
i was thinking the same on peanut butter, i'm around 1500-1800cal/day at the min
>>
File: 1428691468750.jpg (48KB, 350x442px) Image search: [Google]
1428691468750.jpg
48KB, 350x442px
>>42505705
So I've been injured and haven't lifted for about the past week. My collarbone is swollen and my upper chest feel asleep and kinda weaker. It is getting better though. Religious icing and taking anti inflammatories along with massaging the tight and asleep areas are helping reduce swelling and return alot of feeling back to my chest. There is no pain and I have full range of motion.

My question is when would it be ok to start lifting again? I was going to give it a few more days of only doing cardio but I'm really anxious to get back into the gym. At the same time though I don't want to make whatever I have 100x worse
>>
>>42518278
Go back to the gym and lower the weight considerably. Don't take risks, don't overwork it.
>>
>>42518230

I can't do chinups, does "negatives" mean barbell rows?
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.