[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age do you reach your peak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1500151537835.jpg (319KB, 849x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1500151537835.jpg
319KB, 849x1043px
I'm not talking about muscle and bone density only,I want to know at what age do men reach their peak with all factors considered. Metabolism, looks,muscle,stamina,cardiovascular endurance,and other things I probably don't know about . What's the age in between for reaching a perfect balance between all of them?
>>
>>42502550
Most people in my gym say it's around 25. Purely anecdotal though.
>>
>>42502550
Muscle mass and strength doesnt really declinee untill youre in your 40s. If you lift, though. Its different for sedentary people.
>>
>>42502566
Yes muscle mass and strength, but what about the other factors I mentioned. What age in between do you consider to be the best?
>>
>>42502550
Depends a lot on how well you take care of yourself. Physical health peak is by default around 25, but strength seems to peak around 35 if you keep training (the fabled "dad strength"). Fluid intelligence also peaks around 25 but knowledge peaks around 50. Status/money can peak any year depending on how well you do for yourself.
>>
all copers, life ends at 18
>>
>>42502587
metabolism doesnt change. people get fatter because they move less and eat as much or more then they were young and active. NEAT (Non-exercise activity thermogenesis) cause the biggest change in metabolism. And since theyre less active they also carry less muscle mass.
Stamina and cardiovasculare endurance is the same thing. If you want to know that just look at the age of retirement in endurance sports.

But all of these traits are decline differet in sedentary people. And there is a big difference between sedentary and people who stay active throughout their lives.
>>
>>42502602
>but strength seems to peak around 35
only if you start training late

if you train from youth it peaks around 25 as seen with oly lifters
>>
>>42502624
Acceleration is a bigger factor in oly lifting, and the injuries they sustain. Powerlifters often peak in their early to mid 30s.
>>
>>42502616
No please, don't say that
>>
>>42502618
>>metabolism doesnt change.

Nigga what?

>>If you want to know that just look at the age of retirement in endurance sports.

There are no good 1500m or 5k guys past 30. Mo Farah is a bizarre outlier. 10k lesser degree but still true. Even the marathon is being dominated by younger and younger guys because now that that's where the money is, guys are going there in their prime. Endurance runners are limited by overall size but their strength to weight and power to weight ratios are actually pretty incredible.
>>
35 is the best age for a male
>>
>>42502550
men hit their peak around their mid to late 30's.
>>
>>42502550
Fighting is the ultimate form of competition. Speed, endurance, strength, toughness, reflexes, mental quickness (not smart because lol you get some dumbass fighters) but physically fighting is the ultimate form physical competition. Considering this

>28-33

Mentally >>42502602
>>
>>42503112
>35 is the best age for a male
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>42503112
but I started balding at 18 :(
>>
File: IMG_9145.jpg (67KB, 321x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9145.jpg
67KB, 321x458px
>>42502550
Somewhere between 30 and 40

By thirty you should be established, by forty you should get used to starting to lose things.

Men age like a fine wine though, women like milk. I'm mostly considering social-capital here though.
>>
>>42502550
>>
>>42503769
Young enough to pull women in their mid 20s, while having massively more earning power than being in your 20s, unless you're a total muppet. Physically similar to being in 20s with the maturity and experience to back it up. Yeah, more injury prone but if you're dumb enough to do things to cause injury at that age then you're not going to make the best of it anyway.

Mature mind plus youthful body.

Most special forces communities have an average age of 33-37. Most guys living that kind of life will go into their early 40s before leaving for an alphabet soup agency if some kind or go contracting for 10 years before retiring... or getting killed.

Just turned 33. All the junior analysts at my company see me as some kind of hard boiled financial veteran, directors see me as a peer and up-and-comer and so treat me with respect. All the while I have more access to women than I've ever had.

Mid 30s is fucking amazing man.
>>
>>42502550
In terms of looks: 20-25 for women, 25-30 for men
>>
Im 34 and loving it. making good money, can do what the fuck I want, seem to be more successful with women now that the 20s look is gone. only complaint is the accumulation of small injuries from lifting like an idiot in my 20s. 30s so far is MUCH better than my 20s, I think in part because I went to college and saved my money in my 20s
>>
>>42503871
I agree with all of this except the SF part. They pick up mid 30s strictly because of maturity and experience. People in their younger and mid 20s are far more athletic than people in their 30s. This is evident from olympic records. Look at oly lifting, sprinting, marathon running, jumping. It's all athletes under 30.

But then mix that with experience and wisdom and people peak in their early 30s. Look at boxing, UFC, football, soccer, etc.
>>
>>42502616

Lol maybe if you peaked in high school
>>
>>42504002
Not saying 30s are more athletic or even as athletic as people in their 20s. Just saying those in their 30s still have most of the athleticism of someone in their 20s combined with the mental maturity and experience of a decade.

I agree with your post completely.
>>
I'm 25 and started lifting seriously 2 months ago. Am I going to make it? I reckon it'll be another 4 months until I reach my short term strength goals and 10 months before I reach my aesthetic goals. How long will I be able to keep it up after? I hate aging. Shouldn't I be married by now?
>>
>>42502550

I think in terms of strength you peak in your 30s.

It all doesn't matter if you

>Missed out on teenage love

Then you are forever stunted
>>
File: 1498743354409.jpg (66KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1498743354409.jpg
66KB, 500x452px
>>42503793
>tfw 18 and balding severely
MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>42504322
Started lifting same time. I'm >>42503871

Started 6'4" 290 (fat fuck that gained a shit load of weight, like 50lbs as a junior analyst in my first 3 years out of college).

It took me 3 years to get to 235lbs at 9-12% depending on the time of year.

First year was cutting down as far as I could go. Second year was a clean bulk/cut. Third year was a dirty bulk/and a pretty aggressive cut. Went from not being able to do pull-ups to being able to do 15 in one go or 4 sets of 8. Went from repping 115 incline bench to 240.

It takes longer than most think, but man is it worth it.
>>
memes aside, the real answer is 25
>>
>>42504392
Thanks big guy. I will not give up.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.