[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate My Routine Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1907.jpg (158KB, 750x933px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1907.jpg
158KB, 750x933px
Post your routine and comment on others. Pic is mine.
>>
heavy bench and ohp on the same day!!! what is this madness
>>
Lol legpress and 5x5 on everything lel
>>
>>42500147
this is retarded, do something else u fucking idiot
>>
>>42500147

this is retarded. why would you write your own routine if you don't know what you're doing
>>
u dont know what youre doing. the internet has a lot of information, find an actual program and stick to it.
>>
File: 20170814_005833.png (504KB, 1440x1517px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_005833.png
504KB, 1440x1517px
Slightly modified Tunas 3 day split.
Percentages are mostly bullshit, basically just "working weight" which means once I can complete 3 heavy sets of 6 then increase weight.

Need to add some external rotation exercises to shoulder day.

ABCABCx
>>
>>42500147
Boring as fuck
>>
>>42500308
I don't care about the loss of strength on the overhead press from doing bench first.
>>42500365
I feel the leg press targets my quads better than the squat, and it is easier to manipulate the position of my feet to incorporate more hamstring if I want. Also, obligatory mention of fear of hurting lower back, and I don't feel like wasting time perfecting squat form with low weight.

Not sure why 5 x 5 for everything is bad. Pls explain. Also, the rep range in reality usually lands between 3-7 depending on how I feel and whether I'm lifting a heavier weight than last session.
>>42500383
Ok I'll hike instead
>>42500393
Explain flaws pls. Genuinely trying to make a better one.
>>42500406
What is wrong exactly?
>>
>>42500435
Only issue I see here is that you probably will not have fully recovered from your shoulder day when doing the chest day. This could impact your bench performance a bit. The rest day will correct it though, so overall pretty good. Only one out of the two bench sessions won't be optimized for peak strength.
>>
>>42500534
Yeah, truth is actually follow a slightly staggered plan since my gym is right next to my office. I actually go
>ABCABxxCABCAxxBCABCxx
So recovery issues balance in the long run, since it's really a 5 day on 2 day off.
>>
>>42500582
In that case with two rest days per week, maybe try ABxCxABxCx. This will ensure there is no overlap in the recovery of the shoulders into your chest day.
>>
>>42500656
The issue isn't that I didn't feel there were enough rest days, it's that the rest days are the weekend, since I don't want to commute out to my office to hit the gym on weekends and then deal with the impossible weekend parking situation on my street.
>>
>>42500670
Ohhh I see. Well, rest is an individual thing. Muscle protein synthesis lasts 24-48 hours. If you are someone who is closer to 24 hours, then this overlap isn't really an overlap and won't affect your gains. Since you say you are getting enough rest and don't notice any decreased performance, then you're all set.
>>
File: 1502667330773.jpg (109KB, 544x620px) Image search: [Google]
1502667330773.jpg
109KB, 544x620px
>>42500719
Thanks anon, I appreciate your input. I've only been on this for 2 months so if progress gets stagnant I'll look at my rest/recovery schedule more closely
>>
>>42500147
>Zero core work
>No hip hinge movement
>"Fear of hurting lower back"
The best thing I can think of that caters to your autism and improves your routine 10x is to do the following substitutions
>Front squat instead of leg press on 5x5 day
>GHR/Nordic curls instead of leg curls (they can be weighted and progressed on normally by holding plates and microplates)
>Do ab roller or hanging leg raises for abs, superset with back extensions
>>
>>42500147

Whats the point of this routine?
>>
BxAxBxx
On Tuesday and Friday kickboxing so have lighter days for that. On off days I do at least 20 minutes of cardio. No bench because not necessary for kickboxing and I have boobs covering my pecs anyway.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.