[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grey hair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: the cloon.jpg (7KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
the cloon.jpg
7KB, 193x261px
Okay /fit/ we talk a lot about balding, but what makes someone's hair turn grey? Is there any way to prevent it or slow it down?
>>
>>42491768
we know very little about grey hair and there's nothing you can do about it. It seems to be correlated with melanin and that's why pretty often black men turn grey later in life. Optimizing your protein intake may give you better hair but won't prevent your hair from going grey. You'll ultimately have to dye it if you're still in your 20s. After ~45 dyeing may give you a pretty fake look. If you have dark hair you may try henna, YMMV and you'll have to use the darker possible variant to avoid looking reddish. If it works for you, your hair will look T H I C C and healthy. You will *not* notice any improvement right after the first application. If you have very dark hair you may have to use a more red variant (it will "catch" the white hair easier) and then a dark brown variant (to cover the red application). If you have blonde hair you can try to hide some whiter marks with camomile shampoo and sea water.
>>
Maybe it's bullshit but I heard that if your hair starts turning grey before you are something like 40, there's a small chance you'll go bald.

I don't like grey hair, I would prefer it white if I had to choose, but if having grey hair means no baldness then please turn grey right now.
>>
File: ravanelli.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ravanelli.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>42492128
>Maybe it's bullshit but I heard that if your hair starts turning grey before you are something like 40, there's a small chance you'll go bald.
Yep, it's bullshit.
Pic related had white hair since like 18. He's 49 now.
>>
OP here, thanks for the responses guys, guess I'll just not worry about it then and hope that the process is slow..
>>
File: 1498833915535.png (9KB, 446x399px) Image search: [Google]
1498833915535.png
9KB, 446x399px
>>42491768
>tfw had first grey hair at 2 years old, looked like George Clooney circa ER by age 12
I've been dying my hair since just after my 13th birthday. And I am by far the palest person in my family; I'm also the only one with green eyes, so maybe >>42491830 is right about this whole melanin business.
>>
>>42491768
I think gray hair is cool looking. 100x better than balding.
>>
File: hairloss.png (32KB, 1837x236px) Image search: [Google]
hairloss.png
32KB, 1837x236px
>>42491768
If you look good there's nothing wrong with it

t. baldlet that would kill for a head full of hair even if they would be grey
>>
>>42491768
Meh, I've had a few gray hairs and a gray patch on my beard since I was a teenage. It never bothered me, lots of girls have told me the gray patch looks good, in fact.
>>
>>42491768
Men with grey hair are naturally more respected by everyone, I don't know why, part of our ape DNA or something.
>>
>>42491768
Fucking embrace it, go full Geralt
>>
>>42491768
I'm in my mid 20's with a fair amount of grey coming in. Haven't had any complaints from the ladies and can just dye it if you are really that insecure. Better than having no hair
>>
>>42491768
genetics, stress. if you have a baby face it looks cool. if you don't it makes you look older than you are.
>>
File: antioxidants.jpg (180KB, 658x501px) Image search: [Google]
antioxidants.jpg
180KB, 658x501px
>>42491830
Actually, it's suggested that it's from some combination of H202, methionine, and oxidation.

Cloves, protein..
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.