[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work out Drinks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Cellucor-C4-Pre-Workout-Drink.jpg (20KB, 220x275px) Image search: [Google]
Cellucor-C4-Pre-Workout-Drink.jpg
20KB, 220x275px
I have no idea where to start when it comes to workout drinks. I'm 5'10, 237 lbs. I've started lifting weights 2 weeks ago. I finally got over a lot of my muscles being extremely sore.

I just want something that won't contribute to my overweight, but will help boost my energy and muscle recovery. Also maybe I can take it with a small lunch to help drop weight? I simple don't know.

I'm not hoping to become a body builder, I just want something to help with my workout while I continue to lose my fat belly and do some weights.
I am grateful for any help.
>>
what you're looking at is basically either a scam or so full of sugar or just a plain waste of money.

There is no magic drink that'll make you last forever in the gym, or that will take away soreness.

You don't any sort of "workout drink" other than pure protein.
>>
>>42489532

Bcaa's could help with recovery, but you should be getting them from your diet anyway.

If you do get supps go unflavoured. Don't be a pussy.
>>
>>42489532
>>42489581
Pretty much what this guy said except I would recommend getting a good protein shake. It doesn't really matter if it's pure whey protein or a blend with caseine so long as it has at least 20% whey I think. It'll help keep you more full and preserve the muscle you have (though it doesn't sound like you have much so you're most likely experiencing noob gains anyway so the protein is important for a different reason)

Long story short increase your protein intake to help with the weight loss and maybe throw in a caffeinated beverage or pill for energy before a workout.
>>
>>42489600
Thank you for the advice, what protein shake do you recommend specifically, or does it not matter so long as it meets the requirements you suggested?
>>
Drink black coffee or take a caffeine pill. Most preworkouts on the market have a lot of unnecessary shit in them and are really overpriced.
>>
i find drinking a protein shake after your workout helps reduce muscle soreness the next day
>>
>>42489654
cheapest whey protein, don't fall for any of the fancy packaging or claims.

check out myprotein , they have decent prices and their chocolate brownie flavor is amazing.
>>
>>42490065
mix with milk for best results
>>
anything with citrulline malate will take your shit to the next level. only take if you’re not a super beginner. my go-to preworkout is bucked up by DAS
>>
>>42490065
Myprotein isn't that cheap, they're about the same price as other shit and it tastes like crap. If you pay attention to the labels you get jewed out of protein content based on the flavor you get.
>>
>>42489742
I can't take too much caffeine on account of my heart, doctor made me cut caffeine out of my diet about a year back.

>>42490065
great thank you

>>42490216
What is citrulline malate?

>>42489819
I've heard that's the way to do it. But I sometimes see guys at the gym pouring some powdery stuff into their waters when they workout, I wonder what that is.
>>
>>42489532
C4 is amazing, it helps me lift more, with less rest and have a great workout.

It isn't worth it though, I couldn't sleep when I used it. Sleep is more important than a little bit of strength and energy.
>>
>>42489532
i started using c4 for another physical activity but i often take it before a gym session and i find it just gets my whole body feeling electrified, bouncy, and ready to move. otherwise i'm often sluggish and slow.
>>
>>42491275
i've been using c4 sport specifically because i can find it at grocery outlet for cheaper. but i think the only difference is less caffeine, and i consume a lot of caffeine from energy drinks or pills anyway, i did that before i started working out even.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.