[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here does rucking for cardio? seems like a good mix of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

Anyone here does rucking for cardio? seems like a good mix of cardio+strength training

Apparently they use +200lbs bags in the military but they recommend starting at 30lbs for us normies, is this a legit alternative to jogging? (don't want my knees to break when i'm old)
>>
>>42486043
When did rucking become the term for backpacking? Is it just to make it sound cooler?
>>
>>42486119
i believe it's a military term.

never heard of backpacking but from a quick google it looks like more of a hiking trip/tourist sort of thing where you choose a route and carry supplies on your backpack, In rucking you just load your backpack with some pl8s and go for a long walk
>>
>>42486043
In the U.K. It's called tabbing. My friend does it as he's a paratrooper and someone runs fast half marathons with this bag on.
>>
Holy shit 200lbs is a fantasy. In Ranger school the heaviest they got was around 90 or so pounds and we all knew we were doing something unhealthy. Start with 30lbs, work your way up to no more than 60lbs ever. Sure you can do more, but really why would you accept the risk to your knees and back? The returns aren't that great.
>>
File: 1370755336828.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1370755336828.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>42486043
Rucking destroys your fucking back and knees. There is 0 reason to do it in the civvie world.

>t. Armyfag
>>
>>42486352
realistically speaking, 30lbs of weight shouldn't be a problem even in the long run right? i'm 236lbs from 330 and adding 30lbs to make my walks a bit more efficient doesn't seem that bad considering i used to carry an extra 100lbs everywhere
>>
>>42486043
no, rucking will fuck up your knees and there's no purpose if you aren't in the military, just run or swim
>>
>>42486043
>+200lbs rucks
lol no. the ruck frames the military uses start cracking at 80lbs for any "decent" distance. also dont ruck for exercise because it will make your knees dead. you ever hear vets complaining about how they have broke-ass knees? rucking is a big part of that.
>>
>>42486211
Royal marines call it yomping, supposedly for "young officer's marching pace"
>>
>>42486211
>and someone runs fast half marathons with this bag on.

Ho much weight?
>>
File: crea.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
crea.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>+200lbs rucks

This was one of the most retarded things i just read in /fit/

you should win some kind of prize
>>
File: Port-au-Prince_airfield_seizure.jpg (158KB, 1024x674px) Image search: [Google]
Port-au-Prince_airfield_seizure.jpg
158KB, 1024x674px
>>42486043
>+200lbs bags in the military
Nigga what? The military mostly uses anything from 35-70LB rucks. If you're unlucky or dumb you might be carrying a mortar plate or just shit at packing so you might be carrying 100+ pounds of gear.

Also rucking in the civilian world for a workout is a meme, don't do it unless you have to such as camping for a extended period of a milfag. Protect your knees
>>
>>42486043
I hike with a relatively light backpack (15 lbs) all the time, and I'm planning on using my actual camping backpack (70L, weighs 50 lbs right now) to adjust to the weight soon. At what weight does rucking become unhealthy? Do you need to be jogging for knee damage to occur or can just walking with too much weight hurt you?
>>
>voluntarily rucking
>>
>explodingknees.jpg
>>
>>42486043
If you want to keep your knees than I would advice against it. Its a surefire way to need total knee replacement at like 50 or 60 years old already.
>>
>>42486415
Stop looking for shortcuts just go on longer walks or go swimming. If you actually swim at a decent pace it burns way more calories than walking and is easy on your joints as wwll
>>
File: 1463598595583.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463598595583.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>42486043
>+200lbs bags
>>
>>42487780
Dunno, but paras have to do a, I wanna say 10 mile fuck at fair running pace with full Bergen and rifle. Royals have to do a 30 miler across Dartmoor mountains with the same loaded Bergen and rifle.
>>
>>42486043
'rukken' is Dutch for 'to wank'
>>
File: nederkukks.jpg (2MB, 3668x2144px) Image search: [Google]
nederkukks.jpg
2MB, 3668x2144px
>>42491506
>'rukken' is Dutch for 'to wank'

'kukken' is Dutch for 'to see one's wife satisfied by a Big Black Cock'
>>
>>42491493
>"10 mile fuck"
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.