[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is fasting looked down upon as a weight loss method?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: healthy breakfast.png (173KB, 660x1424px) Image search: [Google]
healthy breakfast.png
173KB, 660x1424px
It's the most effective way to get rid of fat, and is scientifically proven to work. Is it because modern society is too afraid to regulate their intake of food because they love it so much? There are no health-related reasons to eat 3 meals a day.
>>
>>42484480
Because it consumes as much muscle as it does fat, if not more.
>>
>>42484480

what do I have to do to not lose my muscles?
>>
try it out for yourself and see. you can read up on anything for years, but you will only know its for you when you try it. people are different, and some eating habits work some while not for others. I love IF, a friend suggested it and ive been doing it for half a year now.
>>42484499
untrue
>>
>>42484480
Eating all my calories for the day in ~3-4 hours is what I naturally revert to.
>>
>>42484531
Its called binge-purge and its an eating disorder
>>
>>42484499
horseshit
>>
It's because normies are retarded and breakfast jews convinced everyone you need food in your system 24/7.
>>
Because people that fast can never shut up about it
They think they've unlocked a fucking cheat code for the universe and absolutely must share this secret with the world to finally cure the obesity epidemic.

it's the same as every other miracle diet.
It all boils down to EAT LESS, MOVE MORE
anything beyond that is for your own psychological reasons, and they are just that, YOUR reasons, not mine
>>
File: clapping intensifies.gif (1MB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
clapping intensifies.gif
1MB, 250x210px
>eat less calories
>lose weight
Wwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww

Someone give OP a medal.
>>
>>42484480
Because it doesn't promote a healthy eating habit a fatass can easily relapse.
Because you need to read up way more than bone broth to cover your bases .
It's harder to stick to than -500 tdee for example.
This is all for fatties for lifters you won't have any energy to do your weights e.g I can bet my balls you can't go and do 360 5x5 hell not even 360+1x5 after a couple of days of fasting.
>>
>>42484540
I am hungrier and eat more calories if I space 3 meals throughout the day. It's only a disorder if it ends up compromising your health.
>>
>>42484480
Even 3 meals a day is so much better for you than our cultures modern diet. Snacks should not be a part of anyone's vocabulary.

This whole eating 20 meals a day to boost metabolism is fucking ludicrous.
>>
>>42484480
do you mean full fasting or intermittent?
>>
>>42484499
>making shit up
Your body knows the difference between fat and muscle
>>
File: IMG_8912.jpg (36KB, 337x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8912.jpg
36KB, 337x599px
>>42484480
Everything comes down to eating less calories.

Eating NOTHING for an extended period of time (I'm talking days) is a dumb way to lose weight. Just eat below your maintanance, don't be an autist and go in to starvation mode as part of a diet plan.
>>
>>42484480
because normies are gainzgoblins
>mfw a 400lb dyel faggot tells you "LOOZING THAT MUCH WEIGHT IN SUCH A SHOOOORT TIM IS DANGEROUS XDDD WHAT ABOUT MUSCLE MASS"
if you lift during days you fast you keep your muscle. contrary to pseudoscience and broscience, muscle mass is extremely hard to lose. it doesnt happen overnight
>>
>>42484480
Because most people are retarded animals that don't take time to read or investigate anything, they are the result of decades of stupid propaganda and publicity : "muh big breakfast is necessary or you don't lose weight / you die / enter starvation mode, etc" or any other bs.

This is the explanation for most of the idiotic things you hear. People just accept whatever they hear in TV or they parents told them and they repeat it ad nauseam like it's some kind of mantra.
>>
>>42484480
Because it doesn't fix the route cause of obesity. What's better?
>changing your eating habits to get down to and maintain a healthy weight
>starving yourself to a goal weight and then going back to how you always eat and becoming a fatass again

Also it's fucking impossible to lift properly when fasting.
>>
>>42485144
>muh big breakfast is necessary or you don't lose weight
This drives me nuts, I don't understand how normies believe eating one less meal a day will somehow cause you to gain weight
>>
>>42484480
If you want to lose weight, you need to expend more calories than your body is taking on. Taking in is not the same as eating, but never more than eating.

Fasting reduces the amount you take in, but it reduces your energy levels, so it also reduces the amount of energy you expend.

Many people prefer to lose weight by increasing the amount they expend and only slightly reducing the amount they take in.

The latter option allows you to keep up protein intake and vitamin intake to prevent illness and breakdown of muscles, particularly your cardiac muscle, while still losing weight.
>>
>>42484499
>t. my ass
>>
File: 1419297877763.gif (2MB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
1419297877763.gif
2MB, 219x186px
>>42485950
/thread
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.