[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running Fat ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Pepe-and-Wojak.jpg (48KB, 604x390px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-and-Wojak.jpg
48KB, 604x390px
Hey guys, how do I into running as a 6'4 300lb fatass? Should I just start walking, then slowly adding in running, any progression guides or is C25K alright for me to start?
>>
>>42483583
You should walk at first, then migrate into a walk-run pattern like C5K.

Your body won't be used to the strain of running any considerable amount of distance.
>>
File: running_meme.jpg (207KB, 780x1938px) Image search: [Google]
running_meme.jpg
207KB, 780x1938px
Try this meme.
>>
70% Wojak - 30% Pepe
>>
you should get on a good diet while lifting until you're at least 50lbs lighter, then slowly add some running. also remember that lifting is way more important than running for long term weight loss
>>
>>42483583
i was the same weight as you except a couple inches shorter. i did C25K for like 3 weeks and fucked up one of my knees. it wasn't too bad but i couldn't run anymore. i'm not even old or anything either. running at 300lbs puts a lot of strain on your knees. swimming and biking are good ways to do cardio without killing your joints
>>
File: 1488321765117.jpg (1MB, 4602x3852px) Image search: [Google]
1488321765117.jpg
1MB, 4602x3852px
literally every Wojak descriptor is on point

how did they know?
>>
>>42483583

Walk, then eventually shift to powerwalking. You're gonna permanently fuck your knees if you try to run at that weight, and running jogging is normally bad for the knees. You'll thank me when you're not a gimp at 60.
>>
>>42483583
C25k is a good start. Get good running shoes, gel inserts and run on grass. This will greatly reduce impact on joints. Do not strike the ground at the heel of the foot. Run on the balls of your feet.
>>
5/9 wojak 8/9 Pepe
I do not have a neckbeard
>>
>>42485081
You ran with poor form. I was 330 lbs in my 20s and started doing HIIT. Ran on grass, good running shoes with gel inserts, with good form and never had a problem. Not even a shin splint.
>>
Learn proper running techniques or you will fuck your shit up
>>
don't jump right in to running. start with walking briskly, a light resistance training regimen, and stretching. work out a 10% caloric deficit with myfitnesspal or some other calculator for your diet. after you lose some weight, learn to jog with good form.

STRETCH AFTER EVERY WORKOUT. if you injure yourself you will be angry that you didn't.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.