[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiro appointed /meta/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1495579773508.jpg (77KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495579773508.jpg
77KB, 768x768px
Let's take some notes from our /g/ brethren and BAN EVERY SINGLE FAGGOT THAT ASKS A DUMB GOOGLE-ABLE QUESTION

Seriously. How many megabytes must be wasted on "lol how do i lose weight"
And how many times do we need to answer "i cant do a pullup pls help." I'd understand controversial topics like "Best program for Natty athletes." But why do people come to us to ask questions about the health benefits of avocado oil?
>>
>>42481296
>Seriously. How many megabytes must be wasted on "lol how do i lose weight"
Why dont you go google it you dumb faggot
>>
File: Screenshot_20170812-040840.png (367KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170812-040840.png
367KB, 1440x2560px
>>42481299
I got nothing
>>
>>42481296
Before any of that shit, posting blatant /r9k/ shit and "why lift when it's all about x" threads need to go. It's just gotten worse over the years.
>>
>>42481314
This, this needs to gtfo
>>
>>42481296
>Let's take some notes from our /g/ brethren and BAN EVERY SINGLE FAGGOT THAT ASKS A DUMB GOOGLE-ABLE QUESTION

No.

/g/ does not have a problem with people trying to sell 100% pure super advanced linux distros with all natural wright loss effects.

Google is full of crap results and people trying to sell shit. Newbie questions are fine as long as they are not obvious stuff not answered in the sticky.
>>
Bring back Boogie threads
>>
>>42481351
Be honest m8. If you need actual good quality answers, the ONLY place to get it is behind a pay wall. Even the smartest anons on /fit/ wouldn't know everything. Hell, I guarantee you there are maybe 10 anons that posted in the last year that know what ketosis actually is and how it works. Hell. Someone posted the other day a question on what differentiates a novice from an intermediate and only one anon actually knew.

So not only are other sources better than /fit/, but even free ones are better

Seriously in the last 2 years of /fit/, I have not learned a single thing from /fit/. Everything I learned is just what I learned passively
>>
Blatant /r9k/ and /pol/ need to go.

Bbeyond that I'd say we should tolerate newbie qtns - what are we for if not helping newcomers on the path?

I'd also say we should tolerate the 'How to get laid?', 'How to talk to girls?' thread. If /r9k/ is about fearing women and /pol/ is about hating women, /fit/ should be about ATTRACTING women. And who better to give advice than a bunch of homosexual men?
>>
>>42481296
You're either a miscer or a /fit/izen.

YOU CANNOT BE BOTH
>>
>>42481428
>iimplyig fitmisc doesn't exist lad
>>
>>42481410
Novice and intermediate are constructed terms, clearly that's relative and can only be judged from within

>inb4 relativism is essentialism at its core that all truth is constructed

Fuck off
>>
Mods JUST NOW pruned a thread with thus OP:

>took roids and got a greek god body
>learned italian and persian
>read the western canon
>live in manhattan
>mastered c++
>maxed out my runescape account
>still a virgin

>seriously wtf is left for me to do

I see the reasoning but think it would be better to leave these up: it was a good discussion and well in the purview of /fit/'s "making it" outlook.
>>
>>42481435
nah fuck em. if the miscers who post here stopped doing so, both the misc and fit would improve in post quality.
>>
>>42481314
This.
A "how are you holding up " thread every now and then is not that bad and I found myself posting in one every now and then but there are way too many.
Tinder threads aren't fit related.
>>
>>42481410
>noob asks question
>most people don't actually know the answer
>person who knows the answer explains the answer to noob
>everyone now knows the answer
>people parrot the answer to future noobs

It's a flawed system but at least here people are not given financial incentive's to lie about the answer.
>>
>>42481436
M8 you're fucking dense. A novice is someone who is able to make linear progression of at least 5 lbs a week and an intermediate is someone who cant.

Of course "able to make" implies effective recovery (which implies a calorie surplus), enough rest between sets, and enough Testosterone

>>42481457
Except idiots like >>42481436 post misinformation all the goddamn time. As an anon that actually knows his stuff, there's just so much bullshit that's posted on a daily basis. I don't even bother correcting it most of the time because they just argue with even more misinformation
>>
>>42481475
The problem is the bullshit, and you can't really do anything about it. I still think misinformation is better then no information at all, this system still allows good advice to be given, if you shut down the discussion entirely then people will only have the bullshit to turn to.
>>
>>42481505
Yeah I found /fit/ a great help when I was just getting started. You quickly develop an ear to distinguish the good advice from the shit. Also QTDDTOT is a goldmine.
>>
>>42481505
I don't know if I'm not explaining it correctly or what. /fit/ is 95% bullshit because every year, new people come in and push the old people out. /fit/ is CONCENTRATED bullshit. Meanwhile Google can be at most 70%. And that's only if you click on the buzzfeed articles.

And the sticky is about 5% bullshit. So which is a better source of information?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.