[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unrelated /fit I need to vent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

What is wrong with /g, I went there for advice on buying a new laptop and mentioned a macbook pro 2017, fucking hell most off them went autistic on me, they were fucking mad!

I got about 4 nice replies from functional adults otherwise it was a shit show.

What's wrong with them?
>>
>>42476170

They've got a tinge of the 'tism. Those guys literally fling shit over intel vs amd and $1500 graphics cards getting 10 more fps than $500 cards.

Macbooks are fine if you need a mid-spec laptop to do regular stuff on. The batteries on those things are insane, and can go all day which is great.

If you like OSX get a mac, otherwise check out the "surface laptop" from Microsoft i guess.
>>
>>42476170
It's the same response as when you start a threat on /fit/ about losing weight and wanting to get toned. You are a horrible person and you should delete this thread.
>>
>>42476170
>What is wrong with /g/

You browse /fit/ right? What is the first thing someone posts on /fit/ for the first time? HURR DURR HELP ME WORK OUT. And what is the response? GOMAD+SS+STICKY.

/g/ is the same fucking thing. Everyday some newfaggot posts how they need a new laptop/phone/gpu, and the response is read the fucking /g/ sticky. We don't need the 100th post today about you needing a new laptop. Do som ebasic research.

Other than that MBP is a good fucking laptop. Macbooks last long, have excellent customer support, have unbeatable battery life, and are well built. The only reason you wouldn't get one is because you are a poorfag, and in which case, enjoy paying the same price for the same thing next year. My main laptop is a MBP and my home laptop is a ThinkPad. Sony VAIO's top range (like the Z) used to be good.

tl;dr: this >>42476289
>>
>>42476170
Stop being a MacFag.

Get a thinkpad.
>>
File: 1501060603628.jpg (63KB, 780x591px) Image search: [Google]
1501060603628.jpg
63KB, 780x591px
>>42476170
It is just because the new macbook pro is trash, and you expected them to tell you otherwise
t. /g/
>>
>>42476328
Yea I get that, but I posted in a macthread, it was my first time there to I didn't create a whole new thread.

>>42476258
Some off the adults there convinced me
>>
>>42476385
nah some off them gave me some good feedback, the thread is still active.

One dude posted this : >>>/g/61854582 wtf is this shit
>>
>>42476170

They're retards who at best know how to build a pc and some random linux details that no one gives a shit, and they guise their incompetence and borderline retardation with an arrogant asshole attitude to prevent them from actually addressing your question.
>>
I'm a fucking naive cunt in assuming every other board is as functional and non autistic has this ain't I, bloody computer people
>>
>>42476405
>wtf is this shit
its reasons why mac is shit
>>
>>42476405
I see
I am not trying to meme you
The new macbooks are pretty expensive and bad
/g/ praised apple years ago, during the jobs era, but now they are a joke
The touchbar is stupid, and the new keyboard is trash
Apple is a marketing monster for normies
>>
>>42476447
Yea I agree the touch bar is a fucking joke, it's the antithesis off Jobs, it serves no fucking purpose, not even an aesthetically one, it's a faggy meme.

I'll get the normal 13" one and try it out in the mountains and camping to see if I like it or not.

I wish Steve Jobs was alive, we need someone to handle shit in this over sensitive era.
>>
>>42476170

I bought my 2012 macbook pro 102xx/a in 2013 for less than 2/3 of it's new cost at the apple store 8 months earlier on release. £710 I think. All boxed instructions etc...

Maxed out ram to 16gb, data doubler hard drive caddy swapping out for dual SSDs dual booting windows. Since you can't boot windows 10/OSX on a partition. It's 720p but at 13 inches it's ppi density is almost as good the 25 inch 2k dell monitor (uh2515h) it can run from it's mini dvi port.

All the replacement parts... Battery, keyboard, touchpad, charger cable for when the mag'safe' charger either explodes/catches fire or wears from use are readily available and generic. I have a £2.50 cable ready now for when this current £2.50 cable breaks next year vs paying £99 for a new cable charger from mac, or £7 for the same £2.50 cable from a UK supplier.

The reason I bought a hipster book was because when I grew up I was poor. I struggled to afford a laptop, did the research and purchased a good one... It broke in it's 13th month, and by it's 14 months the screen casing just started falling away. Any laptop under £500 seemed to be hit or a miss... No matter which one I tried in store I would never know which one would fall to bits after 12 months.

The only people I saw happy with there laptops owned macbooks. A 2009 pro was running great... An old white macbook pro was running great... A 2008 lower model was running great... I saw someone buy the same model I was looking at buy lower spec... The thing was running absolutely great.

Sure I could get a same spec laptop with windows for cheaper, maybe as much as 40% cheaper. But I would have to make a choice from 15-30 other models and brands... And there was a 90% chance the thing would be a piece of shit in some way.

I've used this mac for almost 5 years... It runs a 2k monitor, has 16gb of ram and highstreet shops were still sell refurbs for £750. I expect I'll get 5 more.
>>
>>42476628
>still sell refurbs for £750

Still selling refurbs in 2016.

Anyone who calls me a hipster faggot is likely just jealous that my mac hasn't given me shit, even though it gives me shit, it hasn't given the 1/10th of the shit other laptops have in the past. Fuck when it breaks I'm quite happy that it's repairable. It was a pleasure stripping everything out to replace a keyboard because I just thought thank god I'm not doing this with another laptop. My families friends regularly hand me off piece of shit lenovos/toshibas/acers/samsungs to fix parts on, and while a pain replacing a keyboard on macbook pro is, the samsungs for example are spring loaded with 3 boards designed like a bomb. It entirely puts me off buying them in future.

I hope I can keep thing thing alive long enough until android phones produce something good enough to use as a desktop for general use in 4k.
>>
File: 1460065063906.jpg (186KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1460065063906.jpg
186KB, 690x460px
>using nonfree software
It's like you enjoy the botnet
>>
Do tech support for Macs and you'll understand
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>42476170
Get an x200 and install Gentoo

Faggot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.