[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I got a manual labor job. been doing it for about 2 weeks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

so I got a manual labor job. been doing it for about 2 weeks. my wrists/hands hurt more than they should. any tips to make it stop?
>>
embrace the dadgrip
>>
Fish oil maybe?

Ibuprofen to reduce swelling. Stretches. Ice.

It should go away after you get used to it though as long as you don't injure yourself
>>
>>42474650
ill have to try fish oil. after the first few days my wrist was swollen but ice helped it go away
>>
>>42474637
carpal tunnel sufferer here. Anti inflamatories help, so does stretching, but you have to do a lot of stretching and long stretches in my experience.

Be very aware of numbness in the fingers. If you start getting that, you need to stop/get another job and see a doctor.
>>
Mobility work and wrist prehab, just Google some stretching routines
>>
Put fingers together to make something like a beak wrap an exercise band around them and open your fingers up. Do 3-5 sets for 10-25 reps every day.
>>
>>42475660
>you need to stop/get another job and see a doctor.
but I like this job ;_;
>>
>>42474637
Put lotion on every night and cover your hands with gloves/socks before you go to bed. I did this when I first started landscaping and it helped a lot.

Also if you want you can just wear gloves at work.
>>
>>42474686
Make sure to rub the oil all the way into your hands.
>>
>>42476909
Ok, ruin your wrists then. You'll have to quit this job anyways, plus you'll be fucked for life in your wrists and or face risky surgery.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (106KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
106KB, 960x960px
I work as a mover

You slowly get used to it, just keep at it.

I'm even using gloves less.
>>
>>42477907
>>42476909

Also I'm not a big guy and have tiny wrists.
>>
>>42474637
>any tips to make it stop?
Stop being a bitch
>>
>>42476909
JACKING OFF GUYS ISNT A JOB ANON
>>
File: 1491838285697.jpg (1MB, 3264x4896px) Image search: [Google]
1491838285697.jpg
1MB, 3264x4896px
>>42474637
lmao, 2 weeks? come back after 3-4 months, if things still hurt see a doctor
>>
>>42474650
>>42474686
Fish oil capsules definitely help with wrist soreness, in my experience.

I used to regularly get aching pain in my wrists, but it's pretty much disappeared since I started taking daily fish oil. I used to think fish oil was probably just a meme, but now I'm pretty convinced it works.
>>
>>42479063
ill have to pick some up and hopefully they help
>>42479029
I've been doing that for the past 10 years part time.
>>
Mine were like that when I first started
I wasn't able to rip the little plastic casings off the hydraulic hoses without pliers when I first got there now I take them off with two fingers
I'm treating it all the same as a workout and making sure I'm eating drinking and resting enough and nothing really hurts anymore other than the constant exhaustion that comes with doing anything 60 hours a week
>>
File: 1472928461188.jpg (635KB, 2365x2365px) Image search: [Google]
1472928461188.jpg
635KB, 2365x2365px
>>42479063
>I used to think fish oil was probably just a meme, but now I'm pretty convinced it works.
Same here, but maybe my wrists just adapted to the stress.

I also sleep with pic related on for a few days if I tweak my wrists at work.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.