[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 531 a meme ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: wendler.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
wendler.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
Is 531 a meme ?
>>
>>42473487

No, it works for getting stronger consistently provided you eat, rest and put forth the necessary effort.
Like any routine.

Is it optimum for a beginner? No because you can make workout to workout linear gains as a beginner.
Does it really matter if it isn't optimum? No, because the time difference in reaching the end of potential linear gains will still only be in the region of a few months vs something like SS, and a few months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Tl;dr - no its not a meme. Any routine works if you put in effort now fuck off and lift.
>>
The updated 531 using joker sets, last set first and doing 6 weeks before making week 7 a deload is a solid program. Its a general strength program, not a power lifting program or bodybuilding program but if you use it for general strength I think it works great.

Its also not a beginner program, but if you transition after 6-8 months on a linear progression program the results should be good.

The big thing with the program is you need to read the book and understand the principles of it and understand how he does accessories and other movements. Some people need it more structured and layed out, others are okay with it being more freeform. To each his own.
>>
>>42473518
>First Book : you'll focus on getting stronger and breaking rep PRs on relatively light submaximal loads
>Later Books : you'll focus on getting stronger and breaking rep PRs on relatively light submaximal loads, but you can max out whenever you want :DDDDDDDD
WTF JIM ?
>>
>>42473487
I agree with the above two posters. I modified the accessories a bit, I would vary them, but I would always work the same muscles (for example, I would vary tricep exercises from week to week, or one week do good mornings and the next do glute-ham raises)
I did it after I was plateauing and significantly above body weight on bench, 2x on squat etc. The push pull routine just wasn't cutting it at that point. If you are a beginner it's too slow, but if you are pushing pretty heavy weights, your body needs more rest and this allows you to focus on each of the four big lifts better.
>>
>>42473487
Has anyone got some results on Boring But Big ?
>>
>>42473624
No, not a soul in the lifetime of lifting
>>
>>42473540
I think its more about him adding a bit of self regulation and volume. The Joker sets are not necessary but on those days you feel good its nice to push yourself. The First set Last is a good finisher. And keep in mind with the whole 90% training max even a 100% isn't a true one rep max.
>>
>>42473624
I do the BBB for everything but DL. Not a huge fan of doing 50 reps in a session of Deadlifts even at that weight. I typically do 5x5 on DL and the 5x10 on the other lifts.
>>
>>42473487

It's a ripped off, watered down version of Bigger, Stronger, Faster created by an old, broken, steroid abusing powerlifters for other old, broken, steroid abusing powerlifters.
>>
>ohp 500lbs
>bench 300lbs
>squat 100lbs
>deadlift nothing
>>
File: BFS Wendler.png (60KB, 1142x726px)
BFS Wendler.png
60KB, 1142x726px
>>42473873
This. Wendler might be an even more embarrassing clown than Rippetoe
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.