[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 42

Drogon edition.

How many times per week can I do swim HIIT without overdoing it BUT still reap its benefits?

Keep in mind that:
>I don't lift
>Trying to lose fat
>Therefore on a calorie deficit
>>
>>42472937
Many issues with what you just said.

1) "I don't lift"=TERRIBLE decision making on your part. You need to lift, even if it is just some basic exercises like bench press, lat pull downs, leg press, etc. If you do not lift while losing weight, you will lose JUST AS MUCH MUSCLE AS FAT and end up skinny fat.

2) Swimming is great exercise, but HIIT is a meme, and a stupid one at that. If you want to burn fat, do low intensity cardio between 60% and 65% of your max heart rate, typically between 120 and 130 bpm. Majority of calories burned here come from fat, without causing you to lose muscle.

3) Since you are in a calorie deficit, you need at least 48 hours between bouts of resistance training, and maybe even a bit more so you can recover. So you could do three days a week of uphill treadmill walking, and three days a week of lifting with some HIIT swimming at the end.
>>
>>42472937

Remember: every pound of muscle on your body burns 30 calories per day. Maintaining or gaining muscle is the easiest way to stay lean over a long term time frame, and look the best as well.
>>
My buddy benches 300lbs but cant ohp 110lbs. Is he fucking up?
>>
>>42472937
>>42472981
>>42472989

search the catalogue before making a new thread

>>42458843
>>
>>42473011

No but he needs to do slow work with one arm dumbell overhead press, specifically trying to contract the delts. 3 sets of 15 with a lightweight over a few weeks=much bigger delts, and also a lower risk of shoulder injury long term. Should also do external shoulder rotations to hit side/back delt too. They are probably underdeveloped compared to his front delts.

I have super unstable shoulders and had to deal with this myself.
>>
>>42473045
Thanks bro. Ill suggest it
>>
When doing lateral and front raises, my right shoulder clicks and pinches.
If i do it alot, it starts to hurt a bit.

Is there any kind of stretching that can improve this?
Or am i just stuck with crummy rotator cuff ligaments forever
>>
>>42472937
Can I go into extreme disproportions if my muscle composition makes me X-dominant (where "X" in this case means "quads"). I am finishing stronglifts next week and even though I have deloaded my squat twice without having to, symmetric strength still tells me that my squat is 14% ahead of an average lifter on my level, whereas my OHP is 10% behind.
>>
Help I keep losing weight I'm not even trying to anymore.

I'm 5'6
I weigh 136
I used to be 155
I'm clean bulking but I I've dropped another 3 pounds within like 2.5 weeks.

What the fuck I want my manlet super strength back.
>>
>>42473305
EAT MORE
>>
>>42472981
>HIIT is a meme, and a stupid one at that.

You have no idea what you're talking about

It's good because intensity from low HR from high HR burns alot of calories.

Maintaining the steady pace is good but HIIT burns more calories.
>>
>>42473305
>bulking
>lost weight

either an extreme shift in hydration/fiber currently in your body,
ORRRRR you're not eating enough
>>
>>42473200
Do band pullaparts, shoulder dislocates, facepulls, and external rotation exercises. Pain and clicking should reduce. Otherwise see a PT.
>>
>>42472937
whats the average weight for someone who is 5'7"

I was originally going to cut down to 155lbs but my body isn't looking like I had hoped the closer I get. Is 135lbs a better goal?
>>
>>42473413
Im 5'5', mny ideal weight is 139,
137 maybe a bit low for you but we all different
>>
>>42472937
When will we see more of the other two dragons?

Also what is this new 5 mins of cardio after lifting is enough meme I've been seeing. Is 5 intense mins of cardio post workout enough to keep your ticker in gear?
>>
>>42473327
I'M TRYING NIGGER.

EX 4 EGGS BACON AND FRIUT YRSTERDAY
2 6OZ CHICKEN BREAST WITH BROCCOLI
PASTA WITH CHIKEN
A PIZZA

I work in a kitchen so all of these I got in a day.
>>
>>42473593
so you're not actually counting calories? That's probably your issue.

>4 eggs
320 cal
>2 slices bacon
80 cal
>Fruit (2 pieces)
120 cal
>12 oz chicken breast
540 cal
>pasta (1/2 cup)
200 cal
>pasta with chicken (?????)
500-800 cal depending on portion
>pizza (depends on size)
300-1800 cal

At worst you're eating 2100 cal (which is barely sedentary maintenance for me) or you're eating over 3k a day. And I doubt you're burning enough for 3k not to be enough.
>>
What are the best accessories to get jacked arms? Dumbbell curls, dumbell press, anything else?
>>
Overhead tricep extensions.
Your classic dips (not leaning forward) which you can make weighted too.

You should be good to go. Chin ups too as a general accessory to both biceps and your back
>>
>>42473488

you really want to know the answer to that question?

The one about the dragons.
>>
>>42473775
Meant for
>>42473687
>>
>>42473787
As tempting as it is... No anon. I'll keep it a surprise :)
>>
>>42473358
thanks famalam, will try it

you speaking from experience? or are you a /fit/ guru
>>
>>42473790
Thanks bruh.

Currently just doing squats, dead, and bench/OHP 3 times a week. Gym sessions are typically 30 minutes.

Would doing some dumbbell curls, tricep extensions, and dips 3 times a week be too much?

Also, if im going for mass, should I do low-rep high-weight, or does it really matter?
>>
What are some good stretches if I'm doing SL 5x5? I usually do some that I already know after I finish my workout but I don't think I'm hitting all the muscles that I used
>>
File: IMG_7332.jpg (221KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7332.jpg
221KB, 960x1280px
What's a good breakfast that's fast and can be eaten in a car?

>must have 25+ grams of protein
>must be made the night before
>must supress hunger for 3 hours
>>
>>42473942
Why not a protein shake?
>>
>>42473949
Never made a shake the night before, and normally I'm hungry in about an hour...but if I can make a hardy shake that can sit in the fridge all night....sounds good to me!
>>
>>42473942
tuna/mustard/rice is a good combo
>>
>>42473358
>>42473200
I do a shitton of shoulder- dislocates before any upper-body exercise, great mobility and warmup
>>
>>42474058
Love Tuna
>>
Is being a 6'5" lanklet an excuse/reason to have a shit squat?
I can both bench and squat 245lbx3 right now, however I can easily leg press 400lb+
>>
>>42473942
Damn, I know what I'm breaking nofap to
>>
Are breakgast cereals that bad? Bought some since its been years since I ate them and noticed shits fortified with vitamins and stuff
Dunno about the sugar
>>
Any advice for an anon who is coming back to running/exercise after a 3 month break? I had my torn labrum repaired in May and I've finally gotten the go ahead to start running again.

I'm completely drained and dead after a measly 2 miles and my time is shit. Granted, I've recently moved to a place with a massive elevation difference than where I used to live, but I'm suffering knowing how weak I've gotten. Any runners out there who went through a similar situation? How did you manage your return?
>>
Any thoughts on stacking DMHA with caffine? Im thinking of just doing a 150mg stack of each.
>>
I wanna add pendlay rows and hack squats to Texas Method. Which days should I add them? Both on Intensity day?
>>
>>42474151
>is a meal of pure sugar bad
READ the STICKY
>>
>>42474151
avoid sugary cereals like the plague. Eat something oats or eggs and protein for breakfast.
>>
>>42474151
That shit is horrible for you. Eat oats with whey and maybe a little honey instead.
>>
>>42473671
We fuck me my restaurant dosent list he cals I thought it was enough :(
>>
Will back extensions help me feel less soreness on heavy deadlifts/squats days?
>>
>>42473942
any kind of shake/smoothie,
add a lot of fiber/oats if you're worried about feeling full

probably best to pre-load your blender and take the 30 seconds to blend it in the morning instead of letting it sit in the fridge overnight
>>
>>42474238
>>42474344
i eat healthy all the fucking time
Sometimes I just feel like eating thia or that and I wanted some gda lden grahams since I used to est that shit qhen I was skinnyfat and didny lift and happened to notice its fortified with hella good shit
>>
Every time I try to do a pull-up I crunch up my body
How do you prevent this as a noob
>>
>>42474573
no
you may squat/deadlift with rounded lower back without noticing
>>
Couple running questions in one. First, why the fuck is running outside so much harder than a treadmill? Makes me feel like my first leg day all over again, barely able to walk upstairs I'm so wobbly. Second, after running for a bit my skin gets itchy as fuck wherever my clothes are touching, namely around my legs. Is there a fix for this? Is that why those runfags wear tight clothes? I've just started taking my Cardio seriously so tips would be appreciated.
>>
>>42472937
When do leg press numbers start being impressive?
>>
Any proven bodyweight routines or could you guys point me in the right direction? Every one that I find requires more equipment than I have or is a total meme
>>
>>42474859
It's fortified with memes. It's unequivocally horrible for you. If you're going to make an excuse, then just eat it as a cheat meal or something. I definitely don't recommend eating sugary cereal long term when there are better and tastier alternatives that are far healthier.
>>
>>42473336
Not the same anon but I'm pretty sure steady state is actually better for burning fat. With HIIT, you're mainly burning calories during and a little bit after it. But with LISS, your body will stay in that oxygen deprived state for a longer time afterward. This will cause your metabolism to increase for a longer time than HIIT would
That being said, HIIT is obviously better for cardiovascular health
>>
>>42473011
He probably has weak stabilizers or weak triceps. Or maybe he's just new to the movement. How wide is his grip on bench?
>>
>>42473305
Milk or oats, man. It's easy to mix 60g of oats into anything, especially if you blend it up. 60g of oats is something like 225cals and 6g of fiber? I have it twice a day so that's an easy 450cals and 12g of fiber out of the way. Milk is also a god send, at least 150cals in 1 cup of whole milk. If you're worried about sugar or lactose, fairlife has milk with only 6g of sugar per serving and no lactose
>>
>>42473687
I've been doing 6 sets of 15-20reps for biceps (hammer curls and some barbell variation) 6 days a week and I definitely feel and see a difference. Some anon claimed 18 inch arms and recommended it, I'd say it's worth a try.
>>
>>42474103
That's actually kinda fair if your legs make up most of your body. Just find what works for you bb
>>
>>42474213
Just recently tried out Ape Shit pre workout which is pretty much the same thing. It worked really well, I'd say it was just as good if not better than Mesomorph
>>
>>42474228
I usually do rows on volume day since I diddle on intensity day. Hack Squats would probably work best on intensity day after you hit your new squat max. Good luck bb luv u
>>
>>42474880
Keep your heels up, either in front of you with your legs straight (harder, works abs more, will also keep you from swinging) or behind you with your knees bent. It's also a strength thing, it'll get easier to keep straight as you get stronger
>>
>>42473593
M i l k

I

L

K
>>
File: bulge.png (897KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bulge.png
897KB, 960x1280px
Recoveringfat here, lacking muscle knowledge - the part in red is bulging upwards, for a flat stomach is that going to go down to be flush (so weight loss) or will the lower part rise up to make it flush as I build muscle, or both?
>how do get flat stomach - I do crunches, twists, leg raises and a variety of planks
>>
>>42473238

Honestly normal coming out of a beginner compound program like SS or SL. You can just plain get more out of your entire lower body chain on a squat than you can on OHP at first. There are many more, much larger muscles and they will adapt better to linear weights.

Solve this by making sure to work more on your upper body pushes when you hit your intermediate program, also don't forget to balance your pushing with pulling. You don't want to get chest/front delt dominant and have a weak back/rear delt set.
>>
>>42474474
>>42473593
use myfitnesspal or some shit.
guess ingredients and portions. you don't need to get it perfect, but it's a good idea to at least get a rough idea of how many kcals and macros you're gettin
>>
>>42473942

Breakfast sammiches. Also as others have suggested, oat shakes. Toss some fiber in there for extra fun.
>>
>>42474103

Lanklet should increase your lever arm, and thus difficulty, on both bench and squat. Unless you have proportionally long femurs, you just need to squat more famalamadingdong.
>>
what are some stretches/exercises for correcting scoliosis?
>>
Visited gym for the first time on wednesday. Never done anything physical pretty much, kinda skinny fat. My arms and chest are really sore, especially triceps and pecs. How do I know if I can do a workout tomorrow (saturday) or not? I can move and lift stuff but it hurts quite a lot and especially moving my arms up or behind is really bad. It's not a shooting pain or a sharp pain, it's the doms kind but really bad (I said I've never done anything physical but I did do a beginners course on muay thai 3 years ago after I lost a lot of weight so I know doms)
>>
I'm doing SS and the book says I can add chin-ups if I want to. The problem for me is that the main exercises leave me too tired to them at the end.

My question is this: would I be cutting into my gains if I do 3x5 chin-ups and 3x10 push-ups on my rest day?

Also, if it matters, I can only get to 4 chin-ups on the first set (then 3 and 2 on the second and third set, respectively). Getting up to 8 is my current goal.
>>
>>42476064
if it hurts then dont bother. the first time will always be the worst and after that itll get better, theres no point trying to push it when you're in the "moving is agony" phase. maybe just some light stuff at most to help with the stiffness.
>>
>>42476064
I was in the same position as you a week ago.
>went to gym for the first time last thursday
>friend coaching me, we did arms on thursday and chest/back on friday
>after workout on friday could barely lift my arms to the top of my car's steering wheel
>really bad DOMS on saturday and sunday, rest on both days
>monday rolls around, still sorta sore but well enough to get back to the gym
>worked out everyday this week without being too sore
Although I did do legs for the first time on Tuesday, and I'm still recovering from the initial DOMS of that, but I managed to do legs today. Give it a few days anon, you'll feel better.
>>
Hey bros, newbie question, I've read the sticky but it doesn't address this:

I really want to lose weight, specifically my beer belly. Right now I'm on a caloric deficit and doing cardio 3 days a week. But I don't have any muscle so I'm scared by the end of the process I'll look really skinny and unattractive.

Is it cool if I start lifting while on a caloric deficit and doing cardio? I mean will I get any muscles at all, and is that even healthy/safe?
>>
>>42476497
It's definitely healthy and safe, you just wont see nearly the same results you would if eating a surplus.

The choice is yours.

P.S. This exact question is explicitly answered in the sticky you cuck.
>>
File: 1501200218087.jpg (25KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1501200218087.jpg
25KB, 1252x1252px
What makes free weights superior to machines?

Machines still build decent muscle mass right?
>>
>>42476694
Some machines are good. For isolation.

But the majority of exercises are performed better with barbells/dumbbells.
>>
I have the ultimate question.

If you exclude lifting from your fitness lifestyle (cardio and perfect diet only), does that automatically mean you'll end up with a skinny fat body?

Ive been getting some contradictory info. Some say you can get a decent slim bod. Others say enjoy being skinny fat. Who is right.
>>
I've seen it mentioned that planks >60 seconds will lead to hypertrophy.
Is this true and if so what's the upper limit before you stop making gains?
As in, if I can do a proper plank for 3:30 has it become to easy?
>>
>>42476732
You won't be skinny fat
>>
>>42473305
Women should be around 135 at your height
>>
Is there any way of effectively estimating calorie content of a food for which you have very limited information on? As in, eg. homemade foods that you didn't yourself make?
>>
I like living with my parents at 26. Why is it weird if I don't want a partner?
>>
>>42472937
What free macro tracker apps do you guys recommend?
>>
File: 1500265539646.jpg (78KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500265539646.jpg
78KB, 720x720px
Best back and chest routine to get a 60 inch chest? I'm on gslp and have 180lb bench and 165 barbell row. Thinking of PPL from here on or Jacked and Tan 2.0
>>
>>42477584
Wanting to be alone isn't weird, but living with your folks at 26 is. If you're studying it's fair game.

If people keep giving you shit then just tell them you're 'looking after' them. That'll pull some heartstrings.
>>
>>42478287
I get lonely living on my own.
>>
been doing SL for six weeks. failed DL at 175lbs today. I felt like I could handle the weight fine, but the bar was slipping out of my hands, and by the fourth rep I had to stop because I thought I was going to drop it. it was an oly bar with shitty knurling, but it never mattered before

my question is should I just always use a powerlifting bar and not worry about it? or is this indicative that I need to do something more to improve my grip strength? 5'7 140lbs female
>>
>>42472937
How strong do my main lifts need to be in order to be a good firefighter?

6'0 158lb skeletor. Mainly run, also swim and lift but of course all that activity tends to mean I need like 3800 cals a day but I am never disciplined enough to eat that much everyday.
>>
File: ffmi.png (781KB, 862x567px) Image search: [Google]
ffmi.png
781KB, 862x567px
>lifting for six months
>23 FFMI
>supposedly (genetically (?)) excellent
wtf
>>
>>42478590
To be competent, I'd say you need at least a 4pl8 deadly.
Lifting 180 kg in optimal conditions means you should be able to easily pick up heavy shit off the ground in suboptimal conditions, and have a fair bit of core strength for any sort of thing that needs it.
Any other compounds also help, but are very much less important.

tldr eat more
>>
>>42478476
Every time you lift, do this:
>do a couple light deadlift reps to warm up
>load bar with ~60% of 1RM (doesn't really matter how much as long as it's approximately 60%)
>lift it, hold it until your grip is about to fail, then lower it
>rest a couple minutes, repeat two more times
This will increase your grip strength a whole lot in a relatively small timeframe, and it's light enough not to interfere with recovery from "real" deadlifts, so you can do it every day.

Also are you using gloves? If yes, throw that garbage away.
>>
>>42478698
no gloves. ty, I will start doing this
>>
>>42478698
Farmers walk..do 3 times a week walk about 40 feet...
>>
Does it matter if you have less full rest days if you're working certain muscle groups with the same frequency? I work out 3 days a week doing a push/pull split, but get tired during the middle of my workout. Would it be bad to split up each workout over 2 days so I'm exercising 6 days per week?
>>
The routine I am following says to rest 4-6 minutes between lifts. Is this right? It seems like a really long time to rest.
>>
>>42473200
Watch asslean X video on lateral raises. You can do them wrong.

>>42473238
You're a beginner lifter. All of your lifts are shit, and none of your muscles are overdeveloped. Focus on getting bigger and stronger.

>>42473305
Eat more, retard. What do you expect us to say?

>>42473593
>chicken breast
>broccoli
>eggs
>fruit
>"why am I losing weight wtf!?!?!?"

>>42473687
Do a bunch of curls and pressdowns 3x per week. Do forearm curls also, or a wrist roller. People with big upper arms and no forearms look retarded.

>>42473901
What are you tying to achieve? For general mobility, Starting Stretching (yes, really) is a good place to start.

>>42473942
>1 serving of myprotein mass gainer
>1 scoop of mocha whey
>2 cups of milk
>2 teaspoons of instant coffee
>blend it with ice

I drink one of these each morning before I head to work at the hospital. I typically drink it between 0600 and 0630, and it keeps me pretty full until 1100-1200. High protein, and has some caffeine.

>>42474103
There are 6' 5" lanklets that squat like 800 lbs. Get stronger.

>>42474151
Plain bran flakes with cinnamon are okay. High in fiber and actually have a few grams of protein. Low calorie. No added sugars. I would definitely eat something with protein in addition to that though, like 1-1.5 cups of Greek yogurt.

>>42474573
Lifting for more than a few weeks will make you stop feeling sore. Assuming you aren't squatting only once a week like a retard. Then you might be sore every time, because your training frequency for that movement is too low.

>>42475049
Literally never. Every fat faggot can walk in and leg press several hundred pounds. Also, different machines have different leverages, so you can't just compare with people from other gyms. Leg press is just a squat accessory.

>>42475185
Go to a gym and lift weights.

>>42475810
That gets smaller by losing weight. You don't need to lose weight though, because you're already a skinny cunt.
>>
>>42479012
The optimal rest time if you're training for strength is: "as long as you need". Sometimes it's 2 minutes, sometimes it's 15.
If you're training for aesthetics and your routine calls for 4-6 minutes rest, then your routine is shit.
>>
>>42479054
I think it is a strength routine, so that makes sense. Thanks for the response.
>>
>>42475951
Depends on the scoliosis. Neuromuscular? Treat the underlying illness and strengthen the core and spinal erectors. Use rods if necessary. Idiopathic? Pretty much the same thing. Congenital? build a time machine x failure, 3x per week. Lots of core work with hyperextensions and light deadlift will likely be helpful for you.

>>42476108
Do your chins on lifting days. Rest days are for rest. Not lifting. If you are "too tired" to do them, then your work capacity is shit and you need to fix it.

Don't do chin ups to failure. Do a bunch of sets of 2 to start with. Then try a couple set of 3, followed by a bunch of sets of 2. Escalate until you're doing a bunch of set of 3. Then a couple sets of 4, and a bunch of sets of 3. By "a bunch of sets", I mean like 10 total sets. Do this 2-3x per week.

>t. 20 pull-ups weighing 190 lbs, and 115 lb weighted pull-up

>>42476497
You should DEFINITELY be lifting right now. Fat beginners can, and will, gain lean body mass while losing weight, if they lift weights and keep their protein intake high. Everybody that cuts without lifting ends up looking like a disgusting mess. Like a skeleton that was dipped in molten ballistics gel then left to dry. Start lifting now.

>>42476732
You'll either be skinny or skinnyfat. At least do some push-ups or something ffs.

>>42476752
Why would an endurance movement lead to hypertrophy? Do weighted planks. Put a plate on your ass. Yes, doing an isometric body weight movement long enough to listen to half of Freebird is a waste of your fucking time. Jesus fucking christ

>>42477319
Look up the ingredients online. Are you stupid or something?

>>42478476
If there's a better bar, use it. Also, use chalk. Also, use hook grip or mixed grip.

>>42478590
Any healthy adult male that regularly strength trains should be able to achieve 1/2/3/4 within a year for 1RM.

>>42478628
The whole ">25 FFMI = steroids" thing is bullshit. Read Greg Nuckols article on it.
>>
>>42478969
If you can't finish your routine, either your routine is retarded, or your work capacity is shit. It's probably the latter. Do your fucking workout and build your work capacity.

>>42479012
It's on the long side, but not unheard of if you're milking a linear progression program as far as you can. I would rest 10 minutes between sets when I was doing 325 lbs 3x5 squats on SS.
>>
>>42473942
try overnight oats with greek yogurt and your protein powder. Throw in cinnamon or nuts or whatever else you want in it as well
>>
>>42478675
Thanks Anon, I have the written test in October. I plan to go into it (among a few other civil service things I've taken the test for) after I graduate. Also plan on going into the army reserves too, eventually double dip pension, federal and city.

You a firefag? My uncle; some army fag who went to Afghanistan says firefighting is dangerous and would recommend I go into law enforcement instead.

Don't really care, want to be a firefag, for the adrenaline and danger.
>>
Anyone else insecure about the size of their balls? Mine aren't even two inches long, which is basically the cutoff for being lowtest.
>>
I just crapped out on a 4 mile run at 2.5 miles in, does it matter if I rest and give the other 1.5 a go or is it better to just say screw it?
>>
>>42479084
>I think
what the fuck
>>
>>42479100

I'm >>42476108
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>42479176
If you had to stop on a 4 mile then you're definitely doing too much too soon. Have a routine of long distance days (3 miles, 2 miles) and other days do 1 milers and run intervals of sprinting and jogging
>>
>>42479229
I can do 4 miles most days and sometimes 6 it just varies with my mental state it seems like. Feel fatigued and burned out in general.
>>
File: harbor freight.jpg (699KB, 781x1024px) Image search: [Google]
harbor freight.jpg
699KB, 781x1024px
Any of you niggers wear a Fitbit, or similar product? Interested in the step counter function and sleep monitor. Worthwhile investment or end up in junk drawer in 2 months?
>>
How accurate is this? >>42479157
>>
>>42479291
Then your priority should be whatever anxieties and whatever things you have on your mind.

Dealt with some personal struggles and instantly recognized my runs and swims being a lot better. If you have personal issues it will not only affect your school/work life but will definitely affect your lift life.
>>
>>42479362
Also wanted to add, ever since I worked on my mental health I never really have bad runs. I might be slower on hotter days but I always enjoy my runs and swims and lifts. Im also an adrenaline junkie and just love runner's high, swimmers high, and lifting aggressively but your mental health definitely impairs (or supplements) your physical performance
>>
>>42479330
Mostly inaccurate

1. Wildly variable. Most new people don't want to lift 6 days per week.
2. Wrong. Frequency doesn't cause fat loss. A calorie deficit does.
3. If you're hitting plateaus all the time, you're fucking up somehow.
4. Potentially true. Just record your sets every now and then evaluate your form. Ta-dah.
5. Add curls (in SS 2nd edition), lying tricep extensions (Rip has multiple videos), and calf raises. Wow, you're aesthetic now.
6. Potentially true. But the problem isn't overdeveloped legs. It's people being upset their upper bodies aren't larger. It's a strength program for high school football players. So not a real criticism anyhow.
7. GOMAD isn't a requirement.

>>42479299
Just download a pedometer app.
>>
>>42479392
What about the recommendation of PPLPPLx for skinnyfat males?
>>
>>42479119
you didn't answer the question nigger
>>
File: cutebear.jpg (21KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
cutebear.jpg
21KB, 400x320px
>>42479392
>pedometer app
can't believe I didn't think of this...thanks m8
>>
>>42479119
>Did you rest in your boyfriend's arms, faggot?
>>
>>42479423
It's not magically more effective for skinnyfats. It's fine, if you actually use progressive overload and don't just show up for a pump every day. I still think beginners probably better off starting with any of the myriad of beginner routines though. PPLPPLx tends to be quite a bit of volume, and typically better suited for more advanced lifters.

>>42479433
If you're the first retard, then do all of your workout at once, and rest on your rest days. This will increase your work capacity and make you less pathetic. If you're the second retard, then yes, 4-6 minutes may be completely fine.
>>
>>42479423
Pplpplx is great for everyone that isn't a spooky skellington. Most beginner routine assume skelly mode with no muscle to speak of, so if you can do a few push-ups or pullups without crying you'll be fine with more volume.
>>
How do you calculate/track your warmup reps?

All the apps I've seen that do it require payment
>>
>>42473305
Are you tracking calories? How many are you eating?
>>
>>42479514
Why would you? Just warm up with light weight for a few sets. Why would you waste your time with this?
>>
>>42479532
The warmup shit I read was like, 20% of max, 40%, etc
>>
I want to switch from weights to calisthenics. What routine should I do?
>inb4 just lift weights
>>
>>42479544
Then type in "0.2xWEIGHT" in the calculator on your phone and press enter. You don't need a faggot app for your warm ups. You don't even need to do math. For example, today's deadlifts:

135x8
225x5
315x3
405x1
445x5

Warming up physically warms your muscles and get your motor units firing. You are triggering your the memories of the ingrained movements patterns, so that you can more efficiently perform the movement for working sets. The exact numbers don't matter. Just do some shit for a few sets that doesn't exhaust you before your work sets.
>>
I hurt my knee somehow while hiking.

Its fine walking. I only notice it when I'm putting more weight on it than normal.

Should I attempt squats at all, or just hold off for a few days /a week and then try with just the bar to see how that goes?

I'm in no rush, I'd rather be careful an injury.
>>
>>42472937
How often do you guys exercise your rotator cuffs?
>>
Any of you see a reduction in anxiety when starting an exercise program?
>>
>>42479636
Facepulls. Overhead press.

>>42479649
Yes, regular exercise is one of the best treatments for anxiety and depression.
>>
is there a trick to being able to rack a bar on your shoulders? when I do overhead press I just kinda hold it in front of me. I'd like to do power cleans but finding a position where it sits on my shoulders is impossible. I've tried this with a broomstick too and can't find a position, so it's not anything to do with weight. no matter how I arrange it my clavicles are higher and/or more forward than my shoulders. is it a mobility thing? or some people don't have the skeletal structure? I have basically no meat on my shoulders, is the issue just that I'm a deltlet?
>>
>>42479683
"How often" not "how to tear"
>>
I made the shitty mistake of not wearing my retainer after having my braces removed and now my overbite has returned, though not nearly as bad as it was in high school. Is it going to continue getting worse all my life until I get a new retainer or will it eventually stop
>>
>>42479909
Ask a dentist, wear your retainer.

I had a retainer in elementary school. I got to stop wearing it earlier than expected because I wore it properly, which apparently almost never happens. Just fuckin 'do it.
>>
>>42479947
I can't wear it, it doesn't even fit me anymore. it just falls out
>>
>>42472937
to those who fast, how do you do on lifting days? I want to start doing this since work fucks my schedule up
I wake up at 13pm with no hunger but eat to lift at around 3-4pm, would love to just have a big ass dinner or some shit back at home
>>
>>42479976
Then go to a dentist and get a new one, if that's what you need.
>>
>>42480001
I'd like to do that in the future but I'm not able to at the moment, so for now I'm just wondering if it will worsen as an adult or if my teeth have stopped moving
>>
Where can I get some hgh?

Please no pussy ass answers
>>
Is keto a good way to stop being morbidly obese and starting to exercise comfortably?
BMI is 38.0 btw
>>
>>42480257
Yes.+ walking.
>>
>>42480273

I would recommend swimming over walking for cardio, if possible. Swimming burns a lot of calories and is essentially zero impact. Even walking, your fat ass is going to be a LOT of pounding on your feet, shins, and knees.

If you must walk, try to do it on a grassy/mulch surface or something else a bit softer than concrete if you can. Riding a bike is another way to get some cardio without pounding your leg bones into dust, provided you have some place to ride where you won't fall or get hit by a car.
>>
>>42479015
nigga i squat every day (6x) and deadlift 3x a week. I feel my lumbar a bit sore after the workout but i feel like it's because it's weak, before when i hadn't this much of frequency i wouldn't really feel it fo as long as i am feeling it now.
>>
I want my chest to be be fukken huge and juicy, what do?
>>
File: 1437976864287.jpg (20KB, 192x234px) Image search: [Google]
1437976864287.jpg
20KB, 192x234px
>>42472937
my right collarbone is swollen, not too bad, it's only noticeable to others if they feel it. Where my collarbone meets my arm is kinda raised too.

Beyond the swelling though the only thing wrong is my right shoulder is a bit weaker, and I mean a bit. I can still lift normally with no loss of strength or range of motion or pain, just some cracking somtimes. My right side is just noticeably more tired after lifting than my left is after lifting

What the fuck is wrong with me? Is it a joint sprain? or did I dislocate or break something? I feel like if it was something extreme like a break or dislocation I'd be in a ton of pain and have no Range of motion or strength.
>>
>>42472937
>How many times per week can I do swim HIIT without overdoing it BUT still reap its benefits?
Everyday.
>>
Could I switch out 5x5 BB exercises with DBs and get the same results?
>>
File: 1283570359608.jpg (65KB, 401x604px) Image search: [Google]
1283570359608.jpg
65KB, 401x604px
>>42480724
Possible your AC joint shifted.
>>
Is there i a cardio equivalent to starting strength? I really need to improve My cardio after "running" a mile in 14 minutes.....
>>
>>42481459
couch to 5 k, there are smart phone apps and everything to get you there.
>>
>>42481438
you will need some big dumbbells if you want to make any progress
>>
File: 14905602195090.png (230KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
14905602195090.png
230KB, 450x450px
can i freeze shit like kale and spinach if i'm just going to use it in a smoothie

it won't fuck up the nutrients or make me sick right?
>>
Thoughts on weighted stretches?

https://www.t-nation.com/training/stretch-with-weights-to-build-muscle
https://www.t-nation.com/training/most-painful-way-to-build-muscle
>>
>>42481590
http://www.aicr.org/press/health-features/health-talk/2014/jan14/frozen-versus-fresh-spinach.html?referrer=https://www.google.dk/

Here you go
>>
>>42472981
>2017
>calling HIIT a meme
get a load of this fag
>>
>>42479299
Get a Xiaomi mi Band 2 for 20 bucks off of banggood or something. Same shit.
>>
>>42480247
download tor browser
go to dnstats.net, choose the darknet market with most uptime
make an account and add bitcoin
order HGH
>>
>>42472937
Headed to the store to get shit for meal prep tomorrow for a lean bulk. What are some suggested foods that are high in calories, protein, and/or carbs?
>>
how does push/ press work?

am i just supposed to accept the fact that my ohp will be significantly worse than my usual weight because i have to do it right after bench?
>>
File: IMG_2137.jpg (14KB, 510x289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2137.jpg
14KB, 510x289px
Is the row machine good cardio? What is ideal like 20 mins a day?
>>
File: 47rt4AE6e1rnrss4o1_540.jpg (177KB, 540x754px) Image search: [Google]
47rt4AE6e1rnrss4o1_540.jpg
177KB, 540x754px
In addition to the base Greyskull LP, what accessories should I be adding for joint health / aesthetics and on what days?
>>
>>42479015
>Watch asslean X video on lateral raises. You can do them wrong.

Not that anon, but I've been definitely been doing them wrong and also had a 'popping' feel everytime. Thanks for the tip anon.

>>42473358
>>42474069
Also thanks anons. Appreciate it.
>>
>>42481590

Don't reheat re-frozen spinach though. Not sure how correct it is, but I remember from a study like 10 years ago that reheating frozen spinach (after it's been heated before) release carcinogens.
Might be disproven by now, but never read anything related to that again, so I don't know.
>>
I've been doing triceps pushdowns as an accessory for some time, but yesterday I tried skullcrushers and was only able to lift 1/5th of what I could pushdown and now I actually have DOMS. Was I doing pushdowns wrong or do they hit a different part of triceps or something?
>>
>>42481946
The days don't really matter desu.

Most important accessories for a new lifter in my experience are usually shoulder focused, making sure you have healthy rotator cuffs.

Band pull aparts, snatch grip shrugs, face pulls.

I'm a big fan of Jefferson curls for lower back. Google them and be sensible though, don't snap your shit up being an idiot.

I think a lot of newbies suffer from weak cores, especially in our sedentary office based world. Loads of planks, Russian twists etc to get a strong core and make sure you brace properly.

I'm also a big fan of front squats, in fact I've stopped back squatting recently. That's personal choice though, back squatting was impacting my recovery from cricket, I'm a fast bowler and found it was a bit too much lumbar torque over the week for me to comfortable recover from.
>>
File: IMG_0270.png (145KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0270.png
145KB, 500x512px
>>42481448
It sounds like that's the case Now that I read into it? What should I do? Should I take a week off for rest?
>>
>running 2 miles
vs
>walking quickly 2 miles

any noticible difference regarding energy expenditure and fat loss?
>>
>>42475810
Your posture is probably bad, post a side shot
Dw about specifics, just lift and keep doing your ab work
>>
>>42476694
If you're comparing the same movement, free weights mean you have to stabilise the weight. Machines are fine for accessories, but you need to do your basic compounds with a barbell.
>>
>>42476732
Just look at people who do what you're gonna do, i.e. if you wanna run look up some runners on google images. Your body will look like that.

You can get a good body with calisthenics (see gymnasts)
>>
>>42482213
running burns more energy than walking the same distance
>>
>>42482213
Nigga, are you serious?
>American Education
>>
>>42482264
It's dishonest to tell someone doing calisthenics they will get a gymnasts body. They might both use body weight in their training but the progressions made by gymnasts are way way harder than most people doing calisthenics will ever consider.

A fairly basic movement for gymnastics is performing an iron cross, how many people who do calisthenics get anywhere near that?
>>
File: 1489064048980.jpg (70KB, 455x613px) Image search: [Google]
1489064048980.jpg
70KB, 455x613px
Mental fitness
How to become funny? (mainly for meeting new people, not for girls) Watching stand up comedy seems like a waste of time. I've heard about improv classes. What's your opinion on them. Whatever tips you have are heartily appreciated
>>
>>42482048
Thank you.
>>
>>42482305
Watching stand up to become funny is like watching romcoms to become romantic. All American stand up is complete garbage as well, it's just shouting random observations and being mildly insulting.

You'd be better off getting some self awareness and understanding about life and yourself first. Read meditations by Marcus Aurelius as an introduction into the classical philosophical traditions, then go to /lit/ and ask them for advice. Modern culture exists to sell you products and turn you into a good little consumer with no sense of self. The classical thinkers are a good starting point in gaining introspection and perception of life. That's what makes a good comedian, understanding life and using insight and humour to heal the tragedy of it.
>>
File: Let'sdothis2.jpg (10KB, 169x182px) Image search: [Google]
Let'sdothis2.jpg
10KB, 169x182px
>>42472937
>>
>>42482351
I am looking for a more straightforward approach mate. The people I meet and who are funny, they haven't heard of Marcus Aurelius is. And there are people who you would define as predominantly toxic, but they still have their moments and can crack a joke.
>>
>>42482415
A straight forward approach doesn't work. Being funny is about having a unique insight into a situation that others around lack at that moment, the point is being spontaneous and misdirecting people. To do this you need an understanding of the human condition, if you don't have that naturally then learning some jokes won't make you funny, it'll make you a person who knows some jokes.
>>
>>42479159
>My uncle; some army fag who went to Afghanistan says firefighting is dangerous and would recommend I go into law enforcement instead.
He's right, unless you live in some nigger-infested shithole, firefighting is much more dangerous.
>>
I hear everyone saying that SS is too lower body focused, I'm going to start doing SS for the first two month that i start lifting to build a base.

I think that adding in accessories to balance it out would be good, but the problem is I have no idea what to add in and when to do them? could anyone help me out?
>>
My lats are slightly uneven. With other muscles you can solve this by doing dumbell exercises or at least exercises that move both sides individually. However for lats all I know is pullups, pulldowns etc. all exercises that always use both sides together. Advice?
>>
>>42483147
one armed pull downs u fucking retard
>>
File: Fat knt.jpg (110KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
Fat knt.jpg
110KB, 640x854px
Should I take the leap and lose my natty card?
>>
Wtf /fit/ . I was doing my squats today, but when I finished a set I suddenly got a huge headache. It really fucking hurt. This has never happened to me before, whats the deal? I rushed home right after my head still hurts, kinda pissed off I didn't get to finish my workout
>>
>>42482305
You don't want to be funny.

You want to be fun.
>>
>>42483147
dumbbell rows
>>
I've started Stronglifts a month ago and I'm already struggling with overhead press, my diet is trash (skipping meals, no calorie count) and I'm lost on what I should do when it comes to diet (I suck at cooking but I'm willing to learn).

Height: 190 cm (6.23 ft)
Weight: 85 kg (187 lbs)

Do I need to start gaining weight? How much of it? Would a paleo diet be alright?
>>
>>42483479
No. Look into macronutrient counting, using an app such as myfitnesspal or cronometer.

You can work as hard as you want and do whatever program you want, but if you're not eating well you're not going to grow and you're not going to perform.

Start tracking macros and be consistent.
>>
I have a terrible pain in my wrist when doing bicep cable curls that come on last week. It's in my dominant wrist too.

Could this be abd technique or is it likely just a case of needing to sta away from them whilst resting? It's not sore when not doing bicep cable curls
>>
Are protein shakes good for cutting or is a bigger calorie deficit better?
>>
What does /fit/ think about beef jerky?

Is it a good food? or at least not harmful to gains?
>>
>>42472937
Eating before workout? Yay or nay?
>>
>>42475522
Not same anon, but no. There's a reason you don't see pros running marathons for fat loss. HIIT is the single best way to lose fat. It doesn't have to do with being in a calories deficit from calories burned. It has to due with the state your body goes into after TRUE HIIT training. Your body becomes a fat burning machine. Keep in mind a lot of people do HIIT wrong. It should be about 30 minutes a day if done correctly. Push yourself until you feel like puking for 20 seconds then rest for 1 to 2 minutes. That's proper HIIT. Anything else is just normal cardio and won't deliver the same benefits as doing it properly.
>>
>>42483950
I wish the data was out there for how many additional calories you burn for a specific muscle when it has been used in a workout
>>
>>42483802
I don't really get how it is an "either or" question.

Generally liquid food is less satiating so it may be harder for cutting, but you can eat whatever is satisfying to you as long as you keep the deficit. If you want to cut faster then make a bigger deficit, if not then don't.

>>42483826
Too much sodium, don't eat too much of that.

>>42483914
It's okay if it doesn't make you want to vomit during your squats. Personally I like to have 1.2-2-hour break after a proper meal, but a small snack is ok even right before.

>>42483950
Another argument for HIITs (or rather against LISS) is that it's just shorter so less cortisole is released and it doesn't interfere THAT much with leg regeneration after training. It's not some miracle shortcut to burning fat, but it's certainly better than spending hours on a treadmill.

>>42481989
Or maybe that's a different movement and you didn't even get to learn it properly. But I see many people using their own bodyweight to help with pushdowns, we can't really assess your form without any video.
>>
>>42473011

have you watched him actually bench? I know a dude that claimed 2.5plate bench at 150lbs after a month of lifting. His ROM wasn't even 1/16th.
>>
>>42481914
Why do you have to do it right after bench?
>>
>>42481914
If you're resting properly between sets it shouldn't affect your weight. If it is, look at different splits.
>>
>>42483914
If gaining muscle absolutely. If fat loss is the goal, fasted is usually better but a small meal containing mostly protein an hour before lifting is not bad.
>>
>>42483556
If it's on the side of your wrist it's just swollen tendons. Nothing a little Advil won't help. You may want to look at your form. You always want to lock your wrists when curling.
>>
>>42483300
You breathing properly? I forgot to breathe today when doing my first set of squats, shit felt terrible.
>>
>>42483950
>doing HIIT on days between lifting
Is this gonna fuck with my gains?
>>
>>42483479
Stronglifts is crap, if you are already struggling then it hasn't got enough volume for you to progress.

Add another day of OHP where you're doing 3x8 at about 75% of your 5 rep max. If you're failing before the final set on any day of OHP then do push presses to get the weight up.

Cheating can be necessary to make gains, it helps you get essential extra volume in. I was stuck on stronglifts for months stalling loads on OHP and Bench. I used a program with additional days of lighter pressing movement at 3x8 and added in a coup[le fo accessories and I easily broke the plateaus.
>>
>>42484335
If you're talking about HIIT between sets? It's not possible. If you mean I your rest days? Absolutely not just make sure you eat enough. You can run a marathon and gain as long as you eat enough. Look up Kris Gethin, he's on a bodybuilding workout gaining muscle while training for an iron Man at the moment. Pretty crazy stuff.
>>
>>42484335
It all depends on whether it interferes with your recovery or if it prevents going hard on your next workout.

If you are eating enough and getting good quality sleep you'll be fine.
>>
>>42484394
I usually lift mon-wed-fri, and just rest tue-thu-sat-sun, but I figured 2 days a week is more that enough rest, so I thought about 25 minutes of HIIT on tuesday and then on thursday would be good for me. It's just that doing HIIT the day before I lift doesn't make my squat any easier.
>>
if i hit the gym late one night
is it a bad idea to go early the next day?
>>
>>42484615
Nah, you might be a bit less productive but it won't cause severe muscle atrophy or anything
>>
I want to switch from a hypertrophy routine to a strength routine for some time as I think my body adepted to hypertrophy and I'm not seeing the gains I am used to. By how much should I increase the walkweight to get a compareably hard workout?
I'm at:
80kg *12*4 DL
70kg *12*5 SQ
40kg *12*5 OHP
65kg *12*5 Bench
I have about 60 seconds pause between each set.
>>
>>42479015
I don't want to dirty bulk since I don't want to get stupid fat again.
>>
>>42484739
What are your 1RM and your previous programs?
>>
>>42484792
I have no idea, I started lifting 7 month ago after 2 years of break due to a SLAP-tear. I once Squatted 120kg for 5 deadlifted 140 for 5 OHPed 52 for 5 and benched 74 for 5 .. never tried 1RM.
>>
File: cheatyleverages.jpg (123KB, 697x889px) Image search: [Google]
cheatyleverages.jpg
123KB, 697x889px
>>42484912
Okay so you're pretty weak in general but have a bit of training history.

I'd recommend one of Greg Nuckols intermediate templates. They have really good periodisation and so you get a good balance of volume for aesthetics but you also peak every 4-6 weeks so you get a nice strength increase as well.

Just type 'greg nuckols intermediate' into google and first result should be a google sheet. They're really solid programs, my friend's and I have all used them when we were lifting about as much as you and we all saw really solid progress.
>>
As someone who is 5'9, what weight should I stream for to get the Kinobody look?
>>
Is there a point to doing 3x1? It doesn't seem to help me gain much of anything.
>>
>>42485609
it helps with peaking
>>
Can someone redpill me on rowing machines?
>>
>>42485625
which type? The cardio things or the weighted ones?
>>
>>42485637
Cardio
>>
>>42485682
google good form for it, your hand should travel in a smooth, straight line, there are 3 parts to the pull. After that it's about finding a rhythm that suits you and trying to keep your heart rate at a place you want according to your goals
>>
>>42483324
yeah, how do I become fun?
>>
How quickly will I lose my gains if my trips to the gym slow down? Work and life in general is making it tough to find time for the gym, and I've only been going for two months so far, but I don't want to lose what progress I have made.

Considering cancelling my membership and seeing what I can do with dumbbells at home.
>>
Hey, I was wondering, when trying to reach a specific fat percentage, is it better to bulk until you get above the weight you want to reach then cut, or cut until you're under the weight you want to reach and bulk ?
Like, if your goal is 80kg 10% fat and you're 80kg 15%, is it better to cut until you reach 75kg then bulk again, or bulk until you reach 85 then cut ?
>>
I hurt my pec while doing bench press and I can't really raise my arm without pain at this point. Should I be anymore concerned than

>Don't fucking work that muscle for a few days, you idiot
>>
>>42486164
lean bulk
>>
Are my arms are supposed to go beyond perpendicular when benching (i.e. get a lot of scapular retraction)? Otherwise, if I don't, the bar doesn't even come close to my chest (like 2 inches away) if I stop at perpendicular. I'm trying to get good bench form so I don't break my rotators.
>>
>>42486231
Some people here will tell you that its not a real bench if you don't bring it down almost touching your chest, but those are the people who are going to have fucked up shoulders for the rest of your life. Parallel or maybe slightly below parallel should be ok
>>
>>42486108
You're slipping faggot, this is the time where you need to keep going strong. A couple sets of dumbbells at home isn't going to do shit for you-physical fitness should be a priority, so make it one.
>>
>>42486210
Nope. Sounds like you fucked up your form and need to lay off for a bit. That's all.
>>
>>42486213
So... You advice to cut until reaching 75, then lean bulk ?
>>
>>42486247
Alright, thanks. At its lowest point, the bar should be directly above my nipples, right? I heard that keeping your arms at about 70-80 degrees from your chest is ideal (i.e. not straight out from your shoulders), otherwise you can hurt your shoulders.
>>
>>42486313
yeah this is better
>>
>>42486355
I see, thanks for the advice
>>
How much do I have to BB Row before I start seeing some gains in my back?
>>
>>42486540
about 2 weeks.
>>
>>42486264
You're right, thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 505x122px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 505x122px
How's this routine they stickied at bodybuilding forms?
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169993933
I did workout A and it felt bretty good.
>>
File: 1480994723230.gif (4MB, 226x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480994723230.gif
4MB, 226x200px
Is there some Rosetta Stone/Almanac/Official Encyclopedia of exercise names?

I am trying to learn how to do exercises, and when I search a name given, I get different exercises or the same exercises with different names.

Example: I try to search (just frustrated example) the Venice Inclined Reverse Lateral Inverted Military Bench-Fly Triple Lindy through youtube and get 20 videos 8 minutes long taking forever to get to the damn point and droning on and on about how not to do it rather than just showing me how to do it.

All I want are short <1 Minute demos on how to do exercises with universal names. I am here because I just saw two people claiming to do the same exercise with one standing and one sitting having no common points at all.

Is there no place with universal names and short to-the-point demos?
>>
File: 1469896962515.jpg (81KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469896962515.jpg
81KB, 394x500px
anyone used weed to help them cut?

whenever i smoke it kills my appetite, normally skip dinner 700-800cals. i know this will make me loose weight.
just wondering if anyone has done this before?

im high right now so it might not make sense
>>
>>42486996
- will i get lean or will i get sucked up and loose muscle mass?
>>
>>42486996
unless you are eating like 1500 cal for your other meals i would not recommend skipping your evening meal.
>>
How do I fix my 190 DL max so its more than my 205 Bench max?
>>
>>42487012
currently at 1700cals a day,
my lunch is my biggest meal 900cals+ i only eat twice a day atm
>>
>>42472937
>I don't lift

This is your problem
>>
File: 1388216895939.gif (2MB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1388216895939.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>>42487045
as long as you're meeting your macros every day.

Personally instead of relying on drugs to kill my appetite I like intermittent fasting. I can't work out when I have food in my stomach anyway and I don't have enough time in the morning to let any breakfast settle, so I just skip it 90% of the time.

That way I can eat larger lunch and dinner meals while staying within my deficit.
>>
Done some searching around about pullovers and how you can emphasize chest and lats, and looking to get some /fit/ opinions on straight arm vs bent and BB vs DB. Having experimented, it feels like straight DB targets chest more, and bent BB for lats.
>>
File: 1291339218957.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1291339218957.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Okay so I am getting nowhere on finding simple demos or coherent instructions.

Can I just look at a picture and guess what form I am to use by using the lightest weight, applying some common sense to what is to be worked, and then just repeating that comfortable form with a heavier weight?

Youtube is useless. There is no goddam reason it should take 10 minutes to explain a 3 second movement.
>>
i'm doing SS and my main goal is to loose weight so I'm eating less. should I bulk while doing SS and then cut while doing a different routine?
>>
>>42487154
stronglifts. Easy fast-to-find info on every little part of the movement.

>>42487167
Nope. SS is designed for bulking but it doesn't hurt to use it while cutting. It teaches you good form.
>>
>>42487178

Thank you. Checking it out now.
>>
>>42487154
>there is no goddamn reason it should take 10 minutes to explain a 3 second movement

Do you see the comedy in complaining about that when you still don't know how to do the 3 second movement properly? There's a reason Starting Strength is an entire book and not a paragraph.
>>
What's a simple way to add more flavor to cottage cheese? What's a good pairing?
Added salt, tried pepper, and some hot sauce today.
It's in no way bad, just bland.
>>
>>42487038
your dead lift will grow faster don't worry too much. My guess is you have done more time benching so it is more advanced.
>>
File: 1360548443409.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1360548443409.gif
2MB, 444x250px
Breathing during deadlifting: How does it work?

I'm always out of breath and energy by my fourth rep.
>>
going to move from SS to GSLP next month but I'm thinking about learning and doing high bar squats instead of lows. Yes/No/Too early?
>>
>>42487636
You reset at the bottom. You should relax core, deeply inhale, brace core in bottom position, lift repeat
>>
>>42487664
That's what I do. I have no energy for the 5th rep. I've heard elsewhere to breathe at the bottom, lift, breathe at the top, and set.
>>
>>42479392
I would post a picture of my body to prove you wrong, but I could be identified based on my scars (used to be involved with a fight club, stabbed multiple times) and my gang affiliated tattoos from when I spent 10 years in one of the toughest prisons in the country (I’m, probably, in the top priority list of the FBI right now).

I know your type, though. You think because you can squat and deadlift heavy that you're a big guy with an impressive physique. I have built plenty of muscle without those autistic lifts. You probably think you're superior because you follow the routines of a fat little redneck man with no real knowledge of building muscular or strength. You don’t know shit about muscles and strength if you have not trained the way I had, I literally learned from the best, and you got no shit on me, you fat autistic neckbeard.
>>
>>42487669
>breathe at the top
I tried breathing at the bottom while squatting once, would not recommend. I'm sure it'll be pretty much the same if you try to breathe at the top while DLing.
>>
File: 1323846987433.jpg (157KB, 515x417px) Image search: [Google]
1323846987433.jpg
157KB, 515x417px
>>42487699
o i am laffin'
>>
What are the best bluetooth noise cancelling ear buds? Im looking to spend around £15
>>
File: sonymdrxb50bs.jpg (25KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
sonymdrxb50bs.jpg
25KB, 770x433px
>>42487725
>best
>£15

Pick one.
Do you mean sound isolating instead of active noise canceling? ANC would be hard to find in a sport earbud, I think.

I just got these Sony MDRXB50. Converting from USD they were about £50.
>>
I'm at an unimpressive level of fitness but have two weeks off starting on Monday and want to put in some serious work. how often can I go lift without seriously overtraining? will 15 days of just repeating upper-day/leg-day/rest-day be fine?
>>
What does /fit/ do when their pants get too tight because their quads are getting too big?
>>
>>42487910
Usually, get new pants
>>
>>42473942
source?
>>
>>42487886

You don't get faster, stronger, bigger or fitter by over training... That only happens on rest days. Body needs to recover so do 3-4 sessions of high intensity instead with light cardio on days off
>>
I think I may have pissed off some tendons in my shoulders. I've corrected the cause of the problems but they still kinda hurt during normal movements. How long should it take before they de-aggro?
>>
I'm 21 years old and I just learned today how to properly make a fist. I was always taught by my dad that my thumb should be place to the side and behind my index finger. Today I find out that it is supposed to go under. What the fuck! Should I kill myself? Should I kill my father? Do you think I can ever learn to naturally make a proper fist or am i fucked for life?
>>
File: 1499069836770.jpg (368KB, 2640x2539px) Image search: [Google]
1499069836770.jpg
368KB, 2640x2539px
>>42472937
Should I still force myself to work out if my muscles are still recovering from the last time I did? My muscles still hurt.
>>
>>42488112
probably both
>>
File: 1502535188858.png (260KB, 484x605px) Image search: [Google]
1502535188858.png
260KB, 484x605px
My core routine looks like:
A: squat 3x5 bench 3x5 barbell row 3x5
B: squat 3x5 OHP 3x5 dead 1x5

I also do chin ups, curls, dips and neck curls
Would it make sense to do the chin ups on the same day as the rows, and the dips on the same day as bench, or the opposite way around?
>>
- 5g/day of creatine during a cut, yay or nay?

- Also, is it normal that I feel weaker on almost all the left side of my body (it's more noticeable during isolation workout). and how can I fix it, for example it's especially annoying on my left biceps and triceps.

I'm a 3 months newbie btw.
>>
>>42488127
When did you last lift?
>>
>>42488127
Are they in pain or are they just sore? If they're sore, try and work out. DOMS is a normal thing and it's okay to work out during it. Sharp pain however is an indication you fucked up.

>>42488082
if it only hurts a bit a week should be enough.
>>
>>42486784
http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
>>
>>42487178

>info on every little part of the movement.

Okay, I checked it. I miscommunicated. Apparently there is a fit industry based on making simple things seem complicated so that one 'needs' their long, elaborate, multi-faceted, comprehensive, thorough, granular, detailed compendium on how to move an object to build a muscle, using the risk of injury as motive.

So if I think it makes sense to feel tremendous pain using my spine as leverage when trying to isolate delts, then I 'need' this information.

If however I suspect I am not supposed to use my teeth to lift and use my neck as leverage, then I may not.

If my confidence was so low that I felt I needed to spend an hour and a half reading about each exercise, I would never make it to the gym. All I needed was a 30 second video showing the motion. I find them, but I have to sort through tons of useless vids that would lead one to believe a push up could send you to the hospital without their 15 minute dissertation.

>>42487319

> you still don't know how to do the 3 second movement properly

Apparently I do though. My mistake was thinking I needed lectures to know not to try to clean press using my lips. I got niggas on Youtube who expect me to take in and remember 15 minutes of rambling details while trying to execute a simple movement. All I needed was a simple 3 or 4 reps to see the motion path.

I was going to include the 1200 x 31000 screenshot from Stronglift on a simple overhead press but it was more than 4chan would allow in memory or resolution.
>>
>>42487154
See here
>>42488193
Every exercise shown with a 3 second gif
>>
>>42488176
>>42488174
Its only minor soreness, ill go ahead and keep lifting. The only thing I was worried about was continuing to rip muscle fibers before they have the chance to grow back.
>>
>feel fine immediately after lifting
>pain in the back of the knee of the left leg whenever I try to walk hours later
These squats are really doing a number on me
>>
File: alpha.jpg (369KB, 670x611px) Image search: [Google]
alpha.jpg
369KB, 670x611px
What will be the changes if I do 2,000 weighed squats a day??

Training the legs releases testosterone and HGH for the whole body.
>>
My gym's gonna be closed next week. Should I go on a huge cut for 1 week?
>>
>>42488207
what the fuck are you even going on about. You can't learn a lift just by watching a 3-second gif. There's more to it than that.
>>
>>42488372
if it's pain, you fucked up. Soreness is okay.

>>42488383
No. Enjoy a week off or do calisthenics.
>>
File: rich gaspari.jpg (14KB, 236x368px) Image search: [Google]
rich gaspari.jpg
14KB, 236x368px
why was he nicknamed "dragon slayer"?
Did he murder some poor dragon?
>>
File: bird.gif (488KB, 425x315px) Image search: [Google]
bird.gif
488KB, 425x315px
>>42488254

Thanks! This looks really helpful! I dont understand why I get different instructions from one source to the next, but still, at least I get the rough upshot I was looking for.

>>42488254
>>42487178

Thank you both. With the basics accessible, detail will be more useful to me. I appreciate it.
>>
File: 1499540770287.jpg (30KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1499540770287.jpg
30KB, 480x477px
Am I fucking retarded or something? Every single TDEE calculator I've used tells me my TDEE is 2600 cals. I weigh 125lbs at 5'9", working out 5 days a week.

I don't understand why I have to eat so much when I weigh so little...
>>
>>42488595
you'll have to give us more info, you might be running 5 miles a day
>>
So I do a "circuit" (dunno if that's the right word) where I have exercises that target every area of my upper body and then on alternate days I do cardio. I do 3 sets and then jog 2 miles. Is this good or should I be doing more sets?
>10-15 reps depending on exercises
>dumbbells
>>
>>42488610
My workouts are usually 45min to an hour long, I'll be doing super sets and giant sets throughout my workout so I work up quite the sweat. I don't do any cardio but I do walk around a lot, maybe walk usually 5km or less a day.
>>
>>42488610
>>42488643
I also split my days into chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders, and legs with a little bit of core at the end of every workout
>>
>>42488643
>super sets and giant sets
How long have you been lifting
>>
>>42488686
He is 5 9 and 125 pounds. What do you think
>>
>>42488686
I've been on and off for about 3 years now. When I'm on I'm on for no more than a month though, pathetic I know, and when I'm off it goes anywhere from 1 week to 3 months.

My friend put me on some video training thing(body beast) that I have my doubts in but because I'm so autistic it just helps to follow a video and keep me engaged in my workout.

I should also mention I just started to work out again after a 2 month "break"
>>
>>42488707
Why the fuck are you taking breaks? Did you injure yourself or something? You need to eat more, and you need to be consistent, when it comes to lifting and eating. What do you have to show for those 3 years?
>>
File: bull.jpg (184KB, 1278x871px) Image search: [Google]
bull.jpg
184KB, 1278x871px
What happens if I do NOT ejeculate for a month including not ejeculating during wet dreams?
>>
>>42488737
severe depression. They're not breaks I take on purpose I just fuck up a lot in my life.
>>
>>42488783
iktf bro
>>
>>42486231
They are supposed to. Arch your back and bring your elbows closer to your feet as you lower the weight in order to avoid stressing your shoulders.

I had this same issue, but if you use proper form you can touch your chest with the weight without destroying your shoulders.
>>
>>42488772
You'll cum slightly more next time, and that's pretty much it.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 194x259px
Requesting a screenshot of this one anon's story where he finally makes it.

>Anon meets girl on tinder/gym
>She asks him to do morning (((cardio)))
>He makes a joke about an archaeologist and bones
>He goes to her house after
>She jumps in the shower
>He makes some comment about saving water or something
>They shower together
>She gives him a blowie
>She makes some strawberry dish after
>He leaves his number somewhere in her house and leaves in the morning

I remember seeing this shit last year. Gives me hope everytime.
>>
>>42488772
>including not ejeculating during wet dreams?
That's extremely unhealthy, don't do that.
>>
File: tooth.jpg (826KB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
tooth.jpg
826KB, 1840x3264px
Is it okay to eat food if I have an abscess? Pic related.
>>
>>42488772

I personally find that it agitates the mind, but in a good way. From what I can tell, the mind works better if ejaculation is attached to a challenge it perceives as fair and rational. There has to be some physical performance of tasks as opposed to simply skipping to imagination and recall.

Conversely, I suppose it would cause problems if the mind perceives all potential challenges as unfair or irrational. At which point it becomes a symptom rather than a problem, which then amplifies the problem itself because the body naturally tries to sustain the path of least resistance. Then if there is no intervening reality, it can be habitual, reinforce itself and the skills to navigate a solution and drive begin to disintegrate from disuse.
>>
File: 1438811289155.jpg (23KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1438811289155.jpg
23KB, 240x260px
Are my knees supposed to make noises when I do squats?
>>
>>42489255
I've had an abscessed tooth for 2 years now because I just recently got dental insurance. Yes, you can eat food with it but any dentist will tell you to take care of it asap, and googling it is going to give you anxiety. If you can, just go get the root canal done.
>>
>>42489395
I need to call up my OBAMACAID on money and check if its covered, I'm getting help regardless but I want to check. I brushed, flossed and rinsed with salt and during the flossing some of the abscess drained. I'm probably gonna get the tooth pulled/removed because its broken open completely and hollow.
>>
File: Db.jpg (86KB, 942x614px) Image search: [Google]
Db.jpg
86KB, 942x614px
Do you use dropsets? Have you found they work?
>>
If I don't have the mobility for a regular DL can I start with below-knee rack pulls? Is that the best substitute to start with until I have enough mobility to start actual DL later
>>
>>42489556

i don't know about "work" for hypertrophy or for strength or anything, but you definitely feel them and you feel good afterwards
>>
>>42489801
You don't need THAT much mobility for a DL
Conventional DLs have a pretty straight legs
What part of you isn't flexing right?
>>
>>42489828

I have flat feet so my feet overpronate and my knees will bend in

i have pretty short arms too and I can't get into the ATG squat stance at all
>>
>>42489856
Flat feet suck
Sorry bro

But DLs don't need A2G squat stance
You just need a rigid back that never bends
That doesn't need flexibility, just fortitude
>>
>>42489863

don't you need some hamstring flexibility to keep your back straight but bend down to grip the bar correctly? especially with short arms

maybe i'm not taking into account the weight of the bar/weights letting me hold it and bend down further. i want to start doing them without ending up in snap city
>>
is starting strength a meme?
>>
Don't feel hungry when I wake up, can I just do a meal or two a day no problemo?

I wake up at 13pm and go to bed aroubnd 4-5am.
can I just have one big ass dinner or two divided big meals? I guess this is basically IF
any negative points in this?
>>
>>42489881
>don't you need some hamstring flexibility to keep your back straight but bend down to grip the bar correctly?
Yes, some, but not much.
If you have short arms, your ass goes down lower, so you load your quads more.

Try it out with low weight. If you have 25lb bumpers try a few sets with them.
No pressure, just get a feel.

When I first started my traps/midback killed me the first few months.
Don't discouraged if you feel the same

Deads are my favourite lift. I hope you find a way to feel comfy doing them
>>
>>42489885
Half-meme
If you're already comfortable in the gym, then it's wrong for you.
If you're a skinnyfat/regular fat, then it can lay a fantastic foundation for someone who has never lifted anything before

But over time, an experienced lifter needs to leave it behind
>>
>>42489909

Thanks for the advice. Was just gonna do rack pulls tonight but I think i'll try DL for the first time
>>
>>42489921
Right on, mate
I didn't get DLs until quite a few sessions in.
They hurt my back a lot the day after
But I realized that was because I never worked those muscles so hard before.

Put your feet till the bar is midway/above your ankle
Make your arms limp and then lower your as till your hands hit the bar
That's your pose. Arms totally limp and vertical.
Breath in deep. Tense your stomach. Lower your ass, and then lift. Keep your back ahead of your legs.
Don't straighten your legs before your back. Back straight then legs. If it scrapes your shins, then you're not letting your legs go too fast.

You can do it
>>
>>42489815
Supposedly they are the ultimate way to get hypertrophy going, and its what all the top BBs do now.
>>
>>42489958

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFUOtnI1jwk

i watched this athlean deadlift tutorial and he straightens knees before bringing hips forward. did i read your post wrong or is that what you meant
>>
>>42490101
>not linking the low quality 1m long or 50s long rippetoe video on some kind of crossfit convention

always works
>>
File: mayor of snap city.webm (736KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
mayor of snap city.webm
736KB, 202x360px
>>42490101
I'm mostly worried about this
Where you straighten your legs while you're still hunched over.
You want to be coming up with both
The guy in the video is right. If you can do what he does, you're right on the money.

If you imagine a vector diagram of a deadlift, it's straight vertical for as much as you can
>>
>>42472937

So is sprinting a meme like jogging? Shall it only be used for cutting or can I bulk with it??? Is sprinting a gains goblino
>>
>>42490760
no sprinting is pretty great all round
>>
How do I calculate the amount of calories I need to bulk? I take my sedentary weight and then just estimate how much I burn throughout the day and add a caloric surplus of 100 calories a day? I understand my macros but this seems like the easiest way for me to fuck up by going over and gaining a ton of fat with my muscle or wasting my time and turning into even more of a skeleton.
>>
>>42491023
https://tdeecalculator.net/ punch in your details
>>
I just had a dream where I became met and became friends with Jason Blaha. I had to hide the shitposting and the mean things i watched/said because i didnt want him to find out. And now I find it hard to hate him.

what the fuck man?
>>
How do I not feel extremely tired after a workout? I swear all I wanna do after working out is just sleep.
>>
>>42491182
Do you relax after or just do other shit?

After my workout I use the sauna, shower, and jacuzzi (public bath, whatever) in that order. I have to walk home, but I always feel fantastic after taking the time to relax.
>>
>>42491269

I do other shit, a couple of push ups and chin ups, but nothing too taxing. But most of the time I just carry on with my day. I usually lift in the morning.

Could it be because I usually lift on an empty stomach? I would drink a cup of coffee, maybe make a peanut butter sandwich and that's it.
>>
>went from 135lb to 148lb in under a month
>same diet
>same height
>same drinks
>same level of activity
what's going on lads?
>>
How many times should I plank in a session for some much needed ab progression? Should I do to failure or set time?
>>
>>42491296
physics stopped being true
>>
>>42491497
I should have specified I estimated a month, can't remember the last time I weighed myself just remember being 135lb now I'm 148 realistically could be anywhere from 1 to 3 months but it feels more like 1 month to me
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.