[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a 16 Kg kettlebell for learning the basics technics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: kettlebells.jpg (47KB, 588x325px) Image search: [Google]
kettlebells.jpg
47KB, 588x325px
I bought a 16 Kg kettlebell for learning the basics technics and probably I will buy a pair of 24 Kg kettlebells in the near future 'cause It's fun for me to work out with and the results start to emerge

Kettlebell work-out also integrate well with bodyweight practice enhancing strength endurance and mostly the overall coordination of the body resulting in an optimization of the resource of the body under stress

What do you think of kettlebells? is worth work-out with them from your perspective? Share your experience if you have it

However, with this thread, i refer to the original Russian way to work with kettlebells, just for point out
>>
Why wouldn't you get the adjustable kind so you can do progressive overload?
>>
>>42470449
Not really that good since you're stuck with the same low weight forever. Maybe you can do some fun stuff with them, but I'd never use them as my "main" workout tool.
A barbell and a rack + bench or an actual gym membership is just better because you have infinitely more ways (and weight) to get strong and progress.
>>
>>42470469
I agree with you in part, when training with kettlebells the goals is to be able to move quickly a weight with the coordination of all the body muscle with the minimal effort, also enhancing the resistance to explosive strength

I agree with you that kettlebell don't build much strength and muscle compare to barbell because it is not the kb core objective
>>
File: 1493744713501.jpg (12KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1493744713501.jpg
12KB, 252x212px
>>42470449
>However, with this thread, i refer to the original Russian way to work with kettlebells, just for point out
buys comrade marketing scheme kb and not girevoy sport kb, your not going to make it, enjoy you're no gains
>>
>>42470672
The coordination I agree with, but the "enhancing the resistance to explosive strength" I don't buy. 16 and 24 kg is not enough resistance to challenge your explosive strength.
A 100kg power clean is gonna require way more CNS and muscle recruitment from your entire body than some light kettlebells.

That's why I think kettlebells can be supplementary to your training, but should not be the main tool if you want to actually get good at something.
>>
>>42470460
Because unlike dumbbells, kettlebells don't work like that, unless you want some retarded injuries and kill your wrists.
>>
>>42470788
McCregor and Mayweather mainly does bodyweight workouts, you mean to tell Me that they have lower explosive strenght than some average powerlifter?
>>
>>42471420
punching isn't the same explosive strength as a power clean. It's a fast body weight movement and training high resistance for those kinda movements slows you down and doesn't make you hit harder. It's not a measure of strength. That's why wrestlers squat and dead-lift a lot but boxers don't
>>
>>42471420
>you mean to tell Me that they have lower explosive strenght than some average powerlifter
Yes are you dumb lmao
>>
>>42471511
Retard alert
>>
>>42470788
and how many here can do a 100kg klein??
>>
>>42471464
>That's why wrestlers squat and dead-lift a lot
I know greco roman wrestler (world class master of sports) that never touched a barbell.
I'm from Russia actually.
>>
>>42471522
WOAH YOU SEE MCGREGOR? HES SO FUCKING RIPPED, HES THE STRONGEST GUY I'VE EVER SEEN
>>
File: t_handle.jpg (40KB, 347x270px) Image search: [Google]
t_handle.jpg
40KB, 347x270px
>>42471111
you can get different types of handles or even make your own to progressively overload on swings
>>
>>42471525
I'm sure some of the guys in plg can retard clean it, but it was just an example. You can still load more a barbell and progress on it better than with one or two kettlebells.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.