[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart and exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20151207_160235.jpg (669KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151207_160235.jpg
669KB, 2048x1152px
Can someone explain to me how exercise is good for your heart? You are literally forcing it to beat 3 times as fast for an hour or more. Wouldnt this give rise to potential damage. ( cell death due to lose of oxygen )

Does cardiac muscle grow bigger like skeletal muscle when it tears?
>>
>>42467466
> cell death due to lose of oxygen
Your o2 absorption doesnt drop like that. Otherwise you wpuld show symptoms of blood asperation (sepsis). And even then once you stop the exercise you blood will go back to being flooded with fresh o2 after just a few minutes.
>>
>>42467466
exercise increases pumping efficiency of the heart. It literally increases the strength of which the heart contracts. this is why athletes oftentimes have larger hearts
>>
Well thats good to know. I work out for about 1 hour 3 times a week. My heart rate is usually between 140 to 180 during that time. I understand how skeletal muscles benefit from exercise but skeletal muscles get breaks. The cardiac muscle does not. Its always working. I guess this is why revving it up during a work out doesnt make sense to me.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170810-202950.png (106KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170810-202950.png
106KB, 1080x1920px
A healthier heart is a stronger heart.
The stronger a heart is the more blood it pumps per beat.
The more blood it pumps the less frequently it needs to pump, lowering your heart rate.
>>
>>42467770
lol wasnt aware that human beings just lie in bed all day
>>
I wish i could get rid of my heart stopping phobia but despite all my efforts i still get panic attacts once in a while when i think about it too much.
>>
>>42467815
What do you mean? I dont lie in bed all day.
>>
>>42467839

You may benefit from rigorously monitoring your heart during exercise. Once you find a good range and stay within it, the fear basically goes away completely since you've gained control over it.
>>
>>42467876
I dunno about that, I tried that and it's not nice when your heart rate is 170-180 (I do HIIT) and you check it, see the numbers that high and start getting anxiety.

The way I cope with it is by knowing my heart wouldn't be capable of getting that high if it wasn't healthy in the first place, and I try and inject some logic by thinking that even though someone people who apparently seem healthy just drop dead, driving to the gym is inherently far more dangerous to me than doing exercise.

>>42467839
Just try to live in the moment and focus on your breathing and maybe some of what I mentioned above. FWIW when I started at the ym 2 years ago my rest heart rate was between 90-100 and now it's 45-55 depending on the time of day. The highest I've gotten it is 182 and I swore to never check again after that. If I'm gonna die, odds are it's going to be something else at a young age.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.